New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Mysteries of the World [OOC]

This is the where all discussions can be held, so we won't polute the Campaign thread

OOC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122945
    IC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...=1#post6807565
    Last edited by Waargh!; 2009-08-30 at 02:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Mysteries of the World [Discussion]

(Moved here)
    Hello to all and enjoy the game.

I want to post some quick rules:
    1) One post per day is required except for weekends which a lot might be busy. If somebody wants to postpone the game (like goes for vacations) the game will probably be postponed.
    2) If there is no post the character will just not do anything out of normal. In encounters it will delay action until the player posts or until the end of the round. In which he will take an action decided by the DM (won't spend any great resources like daily powers and such except if it is really really obvious the player will do so).
    3) Some rules to speed up things.
    When somebody bluffs an Insight check will be rolled. If you succeed and there was a bluff I will post it, the result and the die roll. If not it is assumed that everything is normal. The other things, like sense somebodies motives and such will again be rolled and presented if there is something really out of normal. Like you sense that the merchant sounds a bit scared or uncertain.
    Active perceptions will be rolled as well as rooms will be searched. Except if there is a reason not to. Like the players are in hurry. In combat active perceptions will be done by players though.
    Arcane checks to detect magic will also be rolled. Also for identifying rituals and powers.
    Both searching and detecting will be done once you enter a new room. You will be noted for success.
    Of course there will be puzzles and skill checks in which case you have to specify what skill you want to use. But those situations will be clear when they occur. And sometimes the players will be in a hurry and again you will have to post each action.

Some other rules:
    1) You can object on whatever you want. Put use PM first. If the issue is not resolved we can discuss it on topic.
    2) If a player wants to change something that is assumed by the DM, like "the Yellow Band enters the city and in front of you lies a mysterious little gnome...". If somebody really wanted to cast a ritual lets say before you enter the city you can do so. But do it with a PM and I will update (or not) the post.
    3) When you post an action it is a good idea to say whatever the character will do. Like when you enter a city and you see the little gnome, if the intention is to ignore it and find a city to rest you should say so. Don't put "Bob ignores the gnome and continues walking". Put your following action as well. This will avoid unecessary posts like "OK, you continue walking. Where do you go?".
    4) Every player has to post an action in order for the party to move. Like "OK, John follows the party to the inn and...". Of course there are some exceptions. Like "John talks to the gnome asking what is he waiting for". The Gnome then tells....". Now supposignly Bob might want to stop John from speaking for whatever reason. If that is the case you can PM the DM.

Anyway, you get the general idea :)
    Last edited by Waargh!; 2009-08-28 at 06:35 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Immediate Actions
    These can be a bit tricky.
    1) The best is to try to predict them and pre-plan them. Like "If lower than X hp this power to get X temporary hit points". Or "If X enemy hits until next turn this power is triggered" etc etc.
    2) In order to speed up things, a immidiate reaction/interrupt will be allowed even when another player already acted. Like Bob hits the skeleton and end his turn. The skeleton moves and hits John. John hits skeleton and ends his turn. Now the player sees the posts and wants to trigger a power which triggers when the skeleton hits an ally. He will be allowed most of the cases to do so.
    We cannot possible wait every player to post "No immediate actions, continue"

Combat Challenge
    You have 1 immediate interrupt action. So if you could use that against a lot of opponents in one round, it would be better if you assigned one on your turn. Like "the one which has taken most damage". "The Orc". etc etc

Opportunity Attacks
    If for any reason you don't want to make an opportunity attack, again specify it in advance. Otherwise one will be done automatically against the first action that provokes an opportunity attack

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This should go in the OOC forum.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mysteries of the World [OCC]

In one game I have played the DM used a group initiative system, all the NPCs and all the players acted at the highest initiative for each group, and so combat was streamlined, no waiting for everyone to go in turn, it also helps with tactical party planning.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

That seems like a good idea. With all the delays, readied actions practically it is the same anyhow

-So, all players will play in one initiative, except maybe some exceptions. Whoever posts fist acts first.

EDIT: Though I would put the average Initiative rather than the highest. Just cause it seems more fair in the end
    Last edited by Waargh!; 2009-08-30 at 05:18 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

i think it's time to make a IC tread!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

There's one here. But I agree that we are ready to begin our adventure.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Mysteries of the World [OOC]

Yup, we are set now. Will post tomorrow

10. - Top - End - #10

in what time zone do you guys live? please tell in 'GMT'

im in GMT+1 Paris time.
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2009-08-31 at 05:24 PM. Reason: because of bad jokes :P

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvyn View Post
    in what time zone do you guys live? please tell in GMT+1

im in GMT+1 Paris time.
    "In GMT+1"

Now my real time zone is GMT-5

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Im GMT+2, Athens.

Unfortunately I have a really high fever right now and cannot think at all to write the first post. I apologize, I will try to post when it gets down a bit

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

GMT +10, East Coast Australia.

Goreliet will speak in Bold Size 3 Darkred Orlando

Also I vote we kill the orc leader and claim the army for our own!!
    Last edited by Don the Bastard; 2009-09-01 at 08:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Pff,, Sorry guys i must have misunderstood the whole situation.. Probably my lack of english. Is it OK if i re-read everything and Edit my post of my actions? well i already sneaked in, but i wont offer bread and that sort of stuff..

cil

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Well, already posted on the IC topic.

You do well to post your desired actions for Cilander, but sometimes those actions will be interrupted or not possible or such. So I will post if so what actually happens.

So, in this case, a half-elf is not easy just to sneak into a town of hobgoblins in the first place. At this point Cilander has sneaked in succesfully but he hasn't seen the incident yet.

So read my last post and procede from there.

16. - Top - End - #16

ye i noticed:)

I just forgot that the others are in a city, well in a place with alot of tents.. i must read better, i think i have the situation clear now, im on a hostile ground surrounded by hobgoblins:P

And i want to thank the hobgoblin that saved me, i don't get the situation. Do i know the part already?you say i'm left outside the 'city'. am i left outside by the party or by you (DM)?

Will play along ofcorse, what's done is done, im now hiding somewhere, and just wait I suppose:) or kill some random goblins just for the fun of it.. what was my allignment again?.....

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Well, since Cilander spotted the group and was going to thank them that means that it was by accident, so he wasn't with them.
    Lets say he knows though all three, but have not been adventuring together (until now)

Also note that Mike_the_Mystic didn't respond so I went along
    Last edited by Waargh!; 2009-09-02 at 05:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Mike still didn't say anything.. :(

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Probably he is temporarily unavailable. Also forgot to wait for Grithmak to play this turn, but posted this on IC thread.

If he doesn't post till tomorrow I will play Grithmak for the battle (won't wait a day) to speed things up

20. - Top - End - #20

Can you explain what happpened with my intimidate check on C1? I dont realy follow all the actions and previous rounds and stuff.

Further please read carefully what i say. Cilander doesn't sing (also on my background) so that is important for my character. I like to give to tips: I like your flavor of the dwarf and stuff very much. It makes the combat interresting and fun, keep up to good work! Secondary: Don't change the fluff the PCs write. I understand you want to make a nice fitting story for your combat round, but if i say i say some words, please don't change it to singing, and other things. Thanx

Cil

Edit: Maybe it sounds a bit rude, i'm not mad, only my lack of english could make this post more angry than I intented to, in case it is I appolagise for it.
    Last edited by Cilvyn; 2009-09-06 at 01:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Yeah, sorry about changing the words. Wasn't intentional

The intimidate check was on D1, since he was bloodied. The target has to be bloodied. Well, the intimidate check succeeded. But just one dwarf surrendering would be completely akward.

The rules are not exactly clear, about surrendering, so it is mostly about to the DM.

In any case, what happened is that the dwarf (D1) stop fighting. But hearing his captain and seeing that everybody else fights he continue fighting.

So basically he lost one round of action.

The rules are not clear so you guys can also comment on the intimidate action. My idea is that the victim will think of surrendering and will do so if it the situation lets him.

Cilvyn sorry again for changing the wording. Did it mostly spontaneously without giving it much of thought
    Last edited by Waargh!; 2009-09-06 at 02:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Thanx you for you apolagise. I think everything will work out fine. I wil ltry to be clear with what i do, and i think you'll read extra carefully from now on

Well about the intimidate, I recognise the things you say about the surrender and bloodied part. You are the DM, you decide. for me, 1 round of doing nothing is still good.

Thanks again for your explanation:)

23. - Top - End - #23

I have a instrument as weapon.. but what's it's damage, what is the [W]?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Magical instruments are wondrous items. For Bards they are also implements.
    There not weapons. But, you could use it as an improvised weapon. A bandore could be a two-handed improvised weapon ([W] = 1d8). Well, there are no rules I think of weapons breaking in general, so Cilander could use it in as a weapon without fear of damaging it.
    Just note that improvised weapons have no proficiency bonus and you don't get the +1 enchantment bonus on attack rolls/damage rolls either.

25. - Top - End - #25

Wait, I don't want to smash my instrument on the head of my opponent:P I have a power which sais 2[W] damage:

Encounter ✦ Arcane, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee weapon
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Charisma vs. AC
    Hit: 2[W] + Charisma modifier damage, and each ally
    within 5 squares of you gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Or do i need a Weapon for it to do it? I don't see the situation clearly: do I attack an enemy while singing a song and playing on my bandore? or do I use different weapons for different attacks?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvyn View Post
    Wait, I don't want to smash my instrument on the head of my opponent:P I have a power which sais 2[W] damage:

Encounter ✦ Arcane, Weapon
    Standard Action Melee weapon
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Charisma vs. AC
    Hit: 2[W] + Charisma modifier damage, and each ally
    within 5 squares of you gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Or do i need a Weapon for it to do it? I don't see the situation clearly: do I attack an enemy while singing a song and playing on my bandore? or do I use different weapons for different attacks?
    Yeah, that means you are actually hitting the enemy with whatever ou are holding. Either you put down your instrument and attack with a weapon or you hit with your instrument, I guess. I don't think there is a rule preventing you from using an improvised weapon for weapon powers, but i may be wrong. In any case, a real weapon would be better, since you'd get the proficiency bonus and the +1 enchantment bonus, as Waargh pointed out.

27. - Top - End - #27

Ok, then i'll buy a sword or something (IC on a market or whatever..) since i don't have a melee weapon.. thanx for the info:)

28. - Top - End - #28

Enemy down? Don't forget, Virtue of Valor [4 hp]

Once per round, when any ally
    within 5 squares of you reduces an enemy to 0 hit
    points or bloodies an enemy, you can grant temporary hit points to that ally as a free action. The number of temporary hit points equals 1 + your Constitution modifier at 1st level, 3 + your Constitution modifier at 11th level, and 5 + your Constitution modifier at 21st level.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Well, generally you need to specify that you use this power, since it is a free action used once per round.

You can state that you Cilinder will always use this power as soon as possible. Meaning the first one that bloodies an enemy or reduces it to 0hp will benefit from this power.

At this point he can use it. Just post that Cilinder use it on the campaign thread

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Its Cilander's and Goreliet's turn...