New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Black Jewels Campaign In-Character

Daros

His stiff march echoing against the walls, Daros enters the hall and again at once, his eyes draw every aspect of the room in an uncontrollable reflex. Taking the High Lord's words as order, he suddenly drops himself on a nearby chair and waits for the man to speak with an intense concentration, which only breaks once as he spares an aggressive glance at the winged fencer that spoke out of hand.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    When Marth entered the room, he began to feel somewhat intimidated, although he did not show it. After bowing politely to the High Lord, he sits in one of the chairs that were offered.
    Best comment I've heard in a D&D game:

Our bard after succeeding in 2 4e grapple checks to slam a female opponent who kind of looks like Ayn Rand:

"I JUST POWERBOMBED AYN RAND!"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

Walking up to the High Lord, Lady Mythlye actually bows her head towards him, a feat that not even Kaydn has seen her do ever before.

After this she takes the comfiest seat facing the Lord sits down relaxes into and a smile forms on her lips, but not touching her eyes.

"Well met, My Lord. Care to tell what the trouble might be for so many of us to have been called? My money is either on Dorothea showing her ugly face again or something to do with one of your Sons?"

The second half she says in a quieter and slightly more reverent voice.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn walks in behind her and the High Lord's voice washes over him, it stirs something deep inside him, but he doesn't falter and follows the proper protocol. He bows a moment after she does and when she takes a seat, he stands behind her chair. His body language is clear. He's deferential to the High Lord, but protective of Lady Mythlye. Good Evening High Lord. He folds his arms as he waits to hear what he has to say.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Ark walks into the room, keeping just behind Lady Mythlye, and to the right of Kadyn. He remains within arms reach of the queen, taking a seat behind her and to her right. He keeps his left hand loose and ready should the need arise to "flee the scene". It was a simple but good plan, one he used whenever he accompanied the queen anywhere dangerous. Should anything go wrong, Ark would be ready to teleport her out of harms way at a moment's notice. Not that it would likely do much good under the current circumstances, it was more force of habit than anything.

The brilliant aura that rings the figure of the High Lord make looking at him directly almost uncomfortable. As he is sitting down, Ark nods in a sort of short bow and murmurs High Lord.

Spoiler
    Show
    Continually readying to cast the invocation "Flee the Scene", teleporting myself and the queen back the direction we came from by 50'. Doing so will leave an illusion of both of us which will remain in our places for 1 round and act as we would.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You would be half-correct, Lady." the High Lord says, responding to the highest-ranked person's questions first. "The errand I would have you perform does indeed involve the High Priestess of Hayll, and my sons, albeit in an ancillary role. You see, I have come to a decision.

"For the past 1,700 years, I held to my honor and stayed out of Terreille. Such are the ways of the Blood - I had no right to be there; denied paternity and without holdings. In the absence of any force powerful enough to stop her, Dorothea spent those centuries twisting Blood Law and Protocol into a fascimile of justice, while I watched helplessly from Hell. Prince Kadyn, especially, knows of what I speak.

"However, the time for waiting is over, the time for watching ended, and damn the consequences. You will be my steel fist, striking terror into the hearts of Dorothea's cronies and offering succor to her victims. In return for your efforts towards the utter annihilation of the abomination that calls itself Terreillean society, you will recieve my gratitude, the thanks of an entire Realm, and anything it is in my power to give."
    "Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." - Jon Stewart

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn has experienced it all first hand. His eyes close as he remembers those years. With a savage feeling, he shoves them all back down before they overwhelm him. He clenches his fists, driving his nails into his palms to distract him and bring him back to the present.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

"You have come to such a decision after centuries of being held here by protocol. So I see why you send us, you yourself will not have your honour impeded, and therefore not descend to the level that the priestess is on. But I must ask, and you of course may choose not to answer if you don't want to, but does this desicion and the decision to collect so many powerful people so quickly have anything at all to do with something that may have happened to your children?

We hear whispers on the wind that a change may be coming soon, and something will be involving them, is this why you need action now rather than a 100 years ago?

This is idle chatter of course, and merely speculation, I myself will be willing to pledge myself to your cause, even if it is in an un-official enterprise. I also assume you have a first "target" lined up? Or something you would like us to do.
    "

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    Marth looks at Lady Mythyle as she talks to the High Lord. When she finishes, he focuses his attention onto the High Lord and responds. "I believe that I may be able to help, High Lord. My Lady would not mind too much if I do this."

Our bard after succeeding in 2 4e grapple checks to slam a female opponent who kind of looks like Ayn Rand:

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Daros

Daros waits silently as the Lady's intuitive off-hand question remains to be answered, not wishing to cut into anyone's words. He just nods once when the High Lord asks for their help.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Copper

The stiff scout says, "I will help out in any way you wish, lord. Dorothea is a personal enemy of mine."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Javarel is mildly intrigued by the avian humanoid's brashness. What type of deal did he and the High Lord have?

The young human also gives the queen a good lookover, tactfully of course. He is quite impressed by her... Assets. Quite an entourage she has! Her bodyguard stands by her so protectively, perhaps naively thinking they could protect her in this lion's own den? Well, it's the thought that counts, Javarel concludes.

The beguiler is most surprised by the boy sitting down near him. A child was called upon by the High Lord. And more disturbing, with his mindsight he 'sees' two individuals sitting in that very spot, but his naked eyes plainly tell him there is obviously just one! Javarel wonders which of his senses are betraying him. And yet, there is something strangely familiar about the boy, but he cannot put his finger on it.

Javarel listens intently to what the High Lord has to say, and what his new collaborators respond with. When it is his turn to speak he says, "I am flattered that you brought me here for this, High Lord. I am at your command, of course."
    Homebrew: Frostfire Mage PrC
    DM'ing:Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Anex / Oolar Battle of Black Rock

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Although unintentionally, his eyes wander around to the others, and he can't help but seeing Javarel looking at him rather intently. Ark keeps his head moving, trying now specifically to avoid meeting Javarel's gaze. In the brief flash in which he had looked at him though, Ark seems to somehow feel as if he has seen this man before...

Hearing the others around him chime in, Ark nods his acceptance of the task, saying, I will follow my queen. if you have her loyalty then you have mine as well. (He still tries to keep from letting his gaze stray directly onto the High Lord's blazing aura)

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yeah, and Delandel, there are 3 minds mine, and two in my jewel
    Last edited by Jangoose; 2009-09-14 at 07:55 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

"Solomon is going to go off on this slaying spree anyway; it makes no difference others ally with myself." The eryian says, though he looks at the High Lord, expecting an affirmative that his own personal deal is still being upheld.

"The Lady Mythlye and her entourage will still accept Solomon's aide? It's outside help to be sure, but I promise that my help is able help indeed..."
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2009-09-17 at 04:32 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

The High Lord nods once to Solomon, seeming mildly irritated at his lack of decorum. Turning to the group as a whole, he says: "I thank you for your cooperation. Your actions will not be forgotten."

Switching his golden gaze to Lady Mythlye, he continues. "As to your questions, Lady, know this: There is a reason behind my choice of time, but it cannot now be revealed. I shall simply say that the change the Darkness whispers of is coming, and I wish to make it's task easier.

"Your first task shall be to see that a pet Queen of Dorothea's reaps what she has sown. I speak of Mairead d'Kell, Queen of Tigrelan, Terreille. I can tell you little but that she willingly swore allegiance to Dorothea, and that her people suffer as she lives in excess and luxury."
    "Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion." - Jon Stewart

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Copper

"A specific target. That makes things easy. Does she have any weak points in her defense?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Javarel listens intently but remains silent. He chooses not to speak unless called upon, for now at least.
    Last edited by Delandel; 2009-09-17 at 09:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    Marth sits quietly thinking this over before asking.
    "Where can we find this Mairead d'Kell? Or do we need to find her ourselves?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

Firstly to Solomon :

"I assure you, your aid is appreciated, don't worry about that, as long as you have no turn of alligance part way through of course."

Then when the High Lord speaks

"I have but one question, transport? Provided or not?"

Then she seems to muse on her own for a few moments

"So the whispers spoke true, she may be coming."

Then to Marth

"A good guess would be in her palace, there are so many tedious functions of state to perform that unless she is on a royal procession she will most likely be there surrounded by guards."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Again, Daros only nods and continues to listen to the cloud of words around him.

Why would they ask so many questions? We already got our mission for Darkness' sake.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2009-09-18 at 04:00 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    Marth nods to Lady Mythyle after she answers his question and thanks her in a very polite voice. He looks at the others before focusing his attention again on the High Priest of the Hourglass.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

The High Lord smiles slightly at Marth's question, as if remembering something from his past.
    "As just stated, Lord Marth, I can't begin to guess where you might find Dorothea's minion - I have not set foot in Terreille in 1,700 hundred years; my sources are rather thin on the ground after so long. I am afraid you shall have to be your own scouts for this mission.

"Lady Mythlye is likely better equipped to predict the moves of a fellow Queen than I, and in answer to her question, I shall provide transport to the Dark Altar in Chaillot, the nearest of the thirteen to Tigrelan. A Priestess friendly to me guards the Altar, and will help you to cross into Terreille and provide any aid she can. When you decide to set out matters little, though I confess that the earlier my vengeance begins, the more pleased I will be."

That honeyed voice is entirely too pleasant for the words, and the glazed, sleepy look in the golden eyes manages to be far more terrifying than a rage-filled glare.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

Lady Mythlye attempts to counter the High Lords stare, or even look into his eyes as he finishes talking, and barely supresses a shudder as she notices the deep look intently, as if for the first time. Almost as if a spasm passes through her, she blanches, and quite forcefully, the first that anyone has ever seen of a weakness in her.

"Well I see no reason for us to delay our pursuit of this goal for any longer than is necessary. I will need about an hour to transmit and recieve new instructions and a quick update from my regent, after that I am ready to go.

I would suggest that anyone who has any work that needs to be concluded, should do so now, and we can set off and be back in time for tea tonight.

One last question, My Lord: After this first queen, will we have free reign or will there be other "targets" of higher value that need to be addressed first?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Javarel continues to listen intently to the conversation. Keenly aware of diplomatic etiquette, he waits his turn to speak, if he believes it's correct that he speaks at all. In a modest tone he says, "Do you have a deadline for these missions in mind, High Lord? In my opinion, stealth and patience will be vital to eliminating these minions of Dorothea. If we start outright killing loyal servants of the priestess she may become aware of our existence, lowering our chances of success. I suggest we study our victims carefully and play off their flaws, make them look responsible for their own deaths. I have many ideas in mind, of course."

He nods to Mythyle when she speaks. "I am ready to leave for the task at hand whenever everyone else is."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure if it's allowed since it's another plane and all, but if I can here's a knowledge nobility check on Mairead d'Kell:
    (1d20+12)[16]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

And just incase Mythlye can shed anything else on the queen heres her nobility check

KnowledgeNobility - (1D20+16)[27]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Kadyn

Kadyn is uncomfortable here, but hides it as best he can. He's ready to leave, that look in the High Lord's eyes looks like a promise of violence and he knows that if he were to slip over the edge, he'd lose. He nods, My Lord, I will be willing to do whatever it takes to assist you.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Copper remains silent, taking his lord's words to mean that he should wait for Lady Mythlye's commands.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Marth
    Marth leans back and sighs calmly before looking at the High Lord and asking:
    "When do you want this done, milord?"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You may begin whenever is convenient, and I will have another mission for you after this one is completed."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lady Mythlye

"Well then I suggest we get the show on the road boys and avians."

With this she will stand up and wait for the rest to stand before sweeping out of the house and towards where the transport has been arranged for us.

Along the way she opens a physcic link to her chancellor or regent, whoever is in charge transmitting new instructions and recieving updates from the kingdom.