Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Fate/StayNight II: UBWs [Game Thread]

Fate /SN II: Unlimited Blade Wolfs

Old narration:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Imagine dark, gloomy building from the beginning of the century. It is a large, two floor mansion, standing in a garden somewhere on the outskirts of the city.

Imagine a circle, somewhere in the basement. Blood red lines form a delicate network, lights dance around, and the whole room is filled with vicious energies.

It is a portal.

Last remnants of The Mage Association banded together to summon champions capable of overthrowing the regime Saber established after her victory in the war, a year ago.

Unfortunately, the last remnants that managed to disappear from her ever watchful gaze were equally cursed with their weakness - they were not notable enough to be found, but at the same time not notable enough to summon proper Servants of their own to wage war.

Instead, they opened a portal to an alternate version of history - one in which Saber lost last war. To avoid a Paradox, one that would be deadly for all creation, they only summoned a handful of mages, victors, people long dead in their own world. Five mages, heirs of ancient bloodlines of sorcerers and magicians.

Now, a new hope is dawning on the world. Can the defeat Saber in this reality, too? Will she be strong enough to defeat them once again? And what of other, so far neutral parties, ones that already noticed something is amiss, parties that even now plan to use a resurgence of magekind to their own, devious ends?

And, finally, what of the other Servants, ancients spirits of long gone great heroes, that - until now - lacked means to materialize themselves in the material world, thanks to Saber's purge?

Only time will tell.

A few hours later, the same mansion was surrounded by armed soldiers from secret state police unit. Technicians swarmed inside the building, trying to pick any clues that might have been left behind by the Resistance, checking for any hidden booby-traps, and looking in bewilderment at the dormant circle on the floor. First analysis revealed it had been traced by someone using human blood; now, the researchers worked frantically to reveal more details, as if scared about consequences of failure.

And someone wandered at the scene of crime, they would note that they tried their hardest to not look at three figures in the corner, as if their mere visage could kill them. It was a peculiar group - a tall, scarred man, clad in the same battledress as the soldiers above, with colonel's insignia on the collar; A woman, face hidden deep beneath the hood, nondescript gray robes covering her from head to toe; and, standing behind them, another woman, in a simple black suit, looking strangely out of place.

The same observer would note that both figures subtly seemed to try to move as far away as they could, despite standing still.

- So... - The Colonel tried fill the silence, seemingly uncomfortable with it. - We confirmed the presence of at least three blood types. As soon as we will have the data from national DNA center, we can try to figure out what exactly they were doi--

- That much is obvious. - Began the woman. - It is a... portal of sorts. Not powerful enough to summon a phantasmal beast or a servant, so it must have been used to summon a group of people. Humans, that is.

- Summoned? Are you sure?

The Colonel was obviously unconvinced.

- Yes.

The womand pulled a card from beneath of her robes and handed it to the soldier:

Spoiler
    Show

- Unlim... What does that mean? - The veteran was obviously puzzled.

- It means the streets will soon become rivers of blood. A... new round of war has begun.

- Indeed. - The woman behind them finally spoke. For a moment, before they had a chance to regain composure, her companions looked... startled, but they hid it before anyone noticed. - We were... a bit too successful in our hunt for the mages a year before. The last remnants of the Resistance thought that that don't have a chance without their own mages...

She smiled, but it was a smile that wouldn't look out of place on a striped beast from a jungle.

- But all they accomplished was a summoning of a few new hosts, allowing Servants defeated in battle two years ago to regain their strength. Soon, they will be able to wage war once again. After all, I haven't been able to claim the ultimate prize back then, as my host was killed in combat long before I had chance to. This time, however...

She pointed at the Colonel.

- Your orders, milady?

- Begin preparing your unit for a fast, no-questions-asked hit and run strike at the hideout of the Resistance, maximum number of prisoners, by any means necessary, even your own casualties. They won't be able to hide a group of mages from me for long. You...

She pointed to a hooded woman.

- Try to see if you cannot enhance this portal to summon a few Servants of our own, using the host they so graciously provided us. I'd love to battle a few of them, again... But safety comes firs, and all of them we can claim for us won't be the ones coming to strike at my Kingdom. Plus... its not like I cannot kill the ones we control, after the Resistance dies, of course. Dismissed!

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard rules - 48 hours for a day phase, everyone points in red at (the most likely) enemy. Then, 24 hours for night phase, every player with abilities and/or kills gets to use them. Repeat until victory or defeat.

Autolynches: We will be autolynching players only if they are inactive for 3 days straight. Of course, if you let me know that you will be gone for more than a week, we will give you a pass.

No scry interference, no 25% votes needed - simple majority will do.

All roles mentioned below will be included in 20 player game. I reserve the right to cut some of them if there is not enough interest, to balance things.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Good(ish)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Citizens: Casualties-to-be. Some of them are tougher than that, though.

Tohsaka [Seer] - Again, the best mage in the city. Her scries will return one of the four results: human (citizens), mage (power roles), inquisitor (neutrals) & constructs (servants).

Sakura [Fool] - (Almost) twin sister of Tohsaka. She would be the best mage around... If not for unfortunate lack of training and experience. Random scries.

Shinji [Voider] - can use the Book of Seals to target one Servant. Target will be voided and any kills and abilities they might us during that night will be suppressed. This works for the duration of that night only. Book can be used three times, but once the last Seal is used, all targets have a 50% chance to learn the name of the user.

Shiro [Baner] - Can protect from almost anything... But even he cannot stop two or more kills on the same target at the same time.

Bazett [Survivor] - Mage from Ireland. Thanks to various factors she can ignore one night kill action (once - just like she was nightbaned).

(Kaleid) Ilia [Disciple] - A... weird version of Illiasviel von Enzbern, straight from a spin-off series. Apparently, something went very wrong during the summoning. Abilities - secret

Victory conditions: Standard - kill all Servants and end their reign of blood.

Team Neutral
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inquisition [masons] - again, the best team of Inquisitors was assembled under the lone survivor of the previous war. They want to stop the Servants... but killing a few heretics won't hurt, too. Two of them will get the following roles:

Caren [Head Mason] - The survivor. Taught by the bitter experience of previous war, this time she adopted a more cunning and stealthy approach.

Sion [Traitor] - Once, long ago, one of the best alchemists of the world and staunch ally of the Church. Now, she has agenda of her own, and a vast array of abilities to make her goals true. No one knows about her defection, and the others think she is just an ordinary Inquisitor. Her goals, too, are mystery

Victory conditions: secret, but similar to the set they had last time.

Team Evil [Servants]
    Spoiler
    Show

Team Alpha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saber [Alpha] - Victor of the previous War. Abilities:
    Excalibur [x1] - one-shot-kill.
    Avalon [auto, x1] - anyone protected by Avalon can ignore one kill action, no matter what the source.
    Loss: Shiro, Sakura & Tohsaka.

Archer [Copycat] - Has... interesting issues. Abilities:
    Trace [x3] - next day daybane or night bane or weak scry.
    Independent Operations - cannot lose powers.
    Loss: -

Team Beta
    Spoiler
    Show
    Caster [Devil] - Most powerful mage of her era. Abilities:
    Farseeing - perfect scry.
    Command [x1] - Once per game targeted person has to execute one short action next day or night. No metagaming, though.
    Loss: Caster's choice.

Assassin [Shadow] - Nuff' said. Abilities:
    Stealth - [auto] will be always scried as citizen.
    Tsubame Gaesh [x1] - his day point counts as three.
    Loss: Caster.

Both evil teams have one night kill. It doesn't matter who sends those, but if the Servant in question is voided, the kill will be voided as well. They know other members of the team, Alpha gets to pick his/her team.

Each Servant has two abilities - only one can be used per night, so automatic abilities like Avalon or Stealth will be disabled until the end of night if the other one is used. Numbers in [] indicate how many times per game each ability can be used.

They lose their powers if the person noted below their abilities dies.

Victory conditions: Kill the other wolf team, number of non-evil players equals that of evil ones.

If you're interested, more fluff, names and character descriptions can be found in the opening posts of recruitment and game thread of previous edition.

Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Geesi
    Helgraf
    LexKat
    Fostire
    Supagoof

Day 6:
    Banjo1985 [Saber]
    Shadowhisper [citizen]
    The Bookworm [citizen]

Day 5:
    Night Surgeon [Caren]
    Fleeing Coward [citizen]
    Zar Peter [Archer]

Day 4:
    Heroic [citizen]

Day 3:
    Aemoh [Bazett]
    Jontom Xire [Sakura/Tohsaka]
    Freshmeat [Shiro]

Day 2:
    Reinholdt [Assassin]
    Kyouhen [Inquisitor]
    Opeth_Freak [citizen]

Day 1:
    Elder Tsofu [Shinji]
    Oddity [citizen]
    Murska [citizen]

Roles might have been revised to clarify a few things, but nothing major changed, I think.
    Last edited by Trixie; 2009-09-21 at 06:21 PM.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/StayNight II: UBWs [Game Thread]

By the way: in case anyone is wondering, all role PM's have the same format: You are XXX, plus an appropriate picture of the role from TYPE Wiki.

Except for Citizens [villagers], who got this one:

So, now you know and cannot cheat-joe
    Above Us Only Sky

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

But I already cheated so wolves, might be a good idea to kill me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I think Banjo1985 are more than he shows.
    (Got to start somewhere)
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2009-09-03 at 07:16 AM.
    Avatar is trying to give a visual representation of my role in the WW/Mafia game "Typical Werewolf".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Fostire, because voices in my head told me to do it...
    Last edited by Opeth_Freak; 2009-09-03 at 07:41 AM.
    Halloween Angry Clown William Wallace by Elder Tsofu. Idea inspired by Geesi. Thanks guys!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

My WW roles so far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games overall: 19
    Mason: 3
    Something weird: 6
    Villager: 11
    Wolf Disguiser: 1

Games I won: Paranoia III, S.E.U. IV, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Werewolf Classic IX

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Opeth Freak, because the voices in my head tell me he has voices in his head.
    Last edited by Murska; 2009-09-02 at 08:58 AM.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shadowhisper, because the sky is blue.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Stop!

Grammar time!

Elder_Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, never drop beneath the herd.
    Avatar is trying to give a visual representation of my role in the WW/Mafia game "Typical Werewolf".

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Murska, because I haven't a clue.

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Played: 21
    Devil: 1
    Wolf: 2
    Wolf Alpha: 1
    Co-Narrator: 2
    Narrator: 1
    Villager: 13
    Other (Weird): 1

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at The Bookworm*

Because I have a clue*

*Not really.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

Murska.

Stupid cruddy old keyboard!
    Formerly known as Paul Muad'dib
    Formerly formerly known as Shadowhisper
    Formerly formerly formerly known as NinjaXeq

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Shadowhisper for building the stepping stone towards a bandwagon
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2009-09-03 at 07:22 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Elder Tsofu for reminding me of Tofu.
    Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle. Lexdoll by Recaiden

Fae WW III: Faerie-ly Confusing is recrutiing AL Replacements.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadowhisper, because the voices in Opeth's head told me to.
    Steam Name: [GitP]Balthasar

I has a Deviant!

16. - Top - End - #16

Murska because it's day one and he deserves it. Grumble trying to backstab me in Diplomacy grumble grumble
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground

Murska. Why not?
    Navi Plaguelord courtesy of "Make yourself a Navi" website plus some ingenuity on my part...
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Right back at you Elder Tsofu
    Elder Tsofu believes in the power of Banjo! Banjo-tar by Bayar, I think!
    NEXUS - HORATIO
    WW Roles to Date

Cat Fight 2 - Attack of the Reinholdts - Game Underway

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

First day random at Kyouhen
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

[/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Eh.

Shadowhisper, because Jontom backstabbed me in Diplomacy before I had time to backstab him.
    Last edited by Murska; 2009-09-03 at 06:25 AM.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

That's a lie! I never had any intention of backstabbing you in Diplomacy. You were sleazily trying to persuade our mutual ally England to attack me! I just started reacting long long long before you realised that I knew about it or that everyone else on the map knew I knew about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    That's a lie! I never had any intention of backstabbing you in Diplomacy. You were sleazily trying to persuade our mutual ally England to attack me! I just started reacting long long long before you realised that I knew about it or that everyone else on the map knew I knew about it.

Actually, I was trying to persuade my enemy England to attack my right-now-not-at-war dude who supposedly was a part of an alliance though never had done anything except take one of my centers to help me.

It's not my fault if you people assumed I was allied with anyone after France went down.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Point at Aemoh because... he doesn't has a clue.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2009-09-02 at 11:30 AM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

Whooo. It's begun.

Freshmeat - to welcome him back to the games.

Actually, y'know what. Changing it to Elder Tsofu to make it a 3 way tie.

Now let's see where Fostire, Heroic, Night Surgeon and Oddity push it since they haven't voted yet.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2009-09-02 at 12:33 PM.
    Legionary of Protection
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

25. - Top - End - #25

*flips three sided coin*
    Supagoof

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Freshmeat

"No NO NOO!, you cant do that!"

"I can't?"

"Definitely not!"

"Should I like... take it back?"

"No No No, that would be much worse. You have already done the damage... now go away"

((Woot, I enjoy three way ties))
    Last edited by Oddity; 2009-09-03 at 06:34 AM.
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I'm sorry to tell you all, but once more I NEVER point on day one.

So, you can enjoy this three way tie.
    God Tier John + Zillyhoo by Derjuin
    Plushrump ITP!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

*glares at heroic*

"You know what to do"
    Previous Wins
    Spoiler
    Show

Sharn, the Broken city - Serial Killer (neutral)
    The Demons - Vampire (neutral)
    Universal Smash Bros 4 - Luigi (mason)

Spoiler
    Show

Trophies (deserved or not)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Well, he has about 150 minutes to make his decision
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Elder Tsofu to break the 3-way tie.
    Last edited by Murska; 2009-09-03 at 07:46 AM.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trophies.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show