Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [BleachITP] Episode 27: Shinigami R&R!

The word had spread around the Seireitei fast, that the Shinigami Women's Association (SWA for short) was announcing it's official beginning with a massive beach bash in the mortal world. Mostly it had passed by word of mouth but there had also been a notorious incident where Hara Tai had leaped from building to building shouting the news when she probably had something more important to be doing. And now, the day of the beach bash, there was news that Nogusaki beach had been cleared of mortals by some unseen force that had evacuated all the mortals by hand then wiped their memories of going to the beach that day.

Music

Now the immaculate white sands of the famous Nogusaki beach were open for the sole use of the shinigami who decided to attend the celebration with expansive blue skies with nary a storm cloud in sight. Only those fluffy white ones that drift lazily through the sky and add that scenic touch to the gorgeous vista set out before the eye. Clear azure waves crash upon the shore, the reefs and rocks of the cove keeping it a soothing rush rather then a terrible roar, providing an idyllic noise to entertain guests to Nogusaki beach.

The deep blue waters were positively filled with brightly colored fish and beautiful corral reefs that house exotic plants and animals that can be found in few other places then here. Sea gulls stuck to the rocks for their fishing, the cawing scavengers having learned a while ago not to stick their heads in human affairs or have said head chased away for being a winged rodent. Numerous trash cans are haphazardly tossed around the beach, looking like a recent addition, with any litter dumped inside before any of the guests arrived. Not all of the attractions were purely natural though.

Numerous beach umbrellas are staked up out of reach of the lapping waves, but not so far that one would be forced to stay for too long on burning sand. Lounge chairs are set up underneath them, the now stolen property of some mortals who had been forcibly ejected from the beach. Close to twenty vividly colored towels had been arranged across the beach for sun-bathers, all of this compliments of the 7th Division. Further down the beach a small beverage and food stand had been hastily erected out of driftwood and dried grass, giving it an odd homey but primitive look to it despite the well-stocked supplies of food and drinks that were inside. Everything from vegetables, to snack-foods, to watermelons was kept within while the drink selection wasn't as obviously focused on liquor as one might expect from the arranger of the event.

On the far side of the beach, on both sides when it began to curve out into the ocean like a crescent moon, there were numerous tidal pools teeming with life and sea shells. There even a couple of rocky outcroppings that were good for diving or scenic vistas.

Nogusaki beach certainly lived up to the hype of a pristine beach.

---

Pop.

Confetti flew out of the little party popper in Tai's hand, decorating the air around her briefly, preview of the fireworks that the captain had alluded to when telling people about the beach party. A wide wolfish grin dominates her features, with a completely out-of-place pair of sunglasses covering her eyes.

"Wooh! Welcome to the Shinigami's Women Association's commemoration party! Keep it on the sands is the only rule besides 'what happens in Nogusaki stays in Nogusaki. And if you don't believe that last one, try me, I'll have Kiljaeran lock up anyone who violates it!" She hollers with a loud boisterous uproar of laughter. White bandages are wrapped about her torso, an old-fashioned sarashi that was loosened in view of the festive nature of the party. A matching white loincloth covers her from the waist down, a truly old-fashioned (and a little primitive) set of beachwear thats oddly fitting for the captain of the 7th Division.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tai's swimsuit
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2009-09-02 at 07:40 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BleachITP] Episode 27: Shinigami R&R!

Hinata smiled. She'd gotten the rest of her team tied up in doing a backlog of paperwork back in Soul Society.

She, however, was here to enjoy the beach. And probably guard Greta, who she'd taken to understand was coming.

She was wearing a relatively conservative one-piece swimsuit, all black (styled somewhat like Unohana's suit).

"I have to say, Captain Tai, this is sooo nice. You wouldn't believe how long I've gone without a vacation. And now a women's day at the beach? Even better."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-09-05 at 01:02 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Ami leaps and yips as Tai lets out the party popper, smiling and laughing. The whole Honoka family had indeed come to the beach party, it was a welcome distraction to the stresses they'd had in even day-to-day life.

Ami is wearing a simple black two-piece swimsuit.

Mayu is wearing a one-piece.

Katashi has simple green swimming trunks on.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

"Haha, everyone needs a break now and then kid! Just look at Daisuke, eh? Poor guy needs a break more then anyone." Course, Tai didn't mention that she had somehow managed to bully/convince Daisuke into coming along as well to help keep everything relaxing, that'd be her own little secret.

"Heh, it's even nicer seeing that some people can relax in 2nd Division too, though I doubt you'll get much sun in that thing..." Tai says doubtfully, rubbing her chin and looking at Hinata's swimsuit before shaking her head like a wet dog. "Ah well. Go enjoy yourself kid, and consider joining the Shinigami Women's Association, we could use someone like you to help keep things lively. Eventually my antics get old, or so I've heard from the suicidal."

The captain laughs then, giving the ninja girl a heart slap on the back as she waves a welcoming hand to the Honokas.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I'll be sure to sign up when we get back. And we do know how to have fun. We're just so damn good at being stealthy, no one sees it happen."

She smirks at this. Seeing the Honokas, she smiles openly. She'd guarded them several times before.

"Mayu! Katashi! Ami! How are all of you? Ami, you look so cute! Mayu, that suit's lovely."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

"Ami's -- um, I'm feeling good!" Ami smiles at Hinata. "Your suit is pretty." It should be noted in a swimsuit one could see the red abstract markings on Ami's sides.

Mayu smiles as well. "Thank you... Hinata, was it?" Come on, the family's had how many guards by now?

"I'm good." Katashi is setting down/up a beach blanket and parasol, which Mayu has a seat on.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Yes ma'am. Hinata Nobunaga. And you're looking rather pretty yourself, Ami. Hm. Maybe I should help your mother out, and start giving you lessons on how to keep rowdy boys at bay?"

She has a wicked gleam in her eyes.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Off to the side.

An unseen barrier, raised with high-level bakudő and unique abilities masks an extensive area of the beach as rock and reefs.

Within this barrier, the arrancar spend quality leisure time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Noriko lounges on the beach, reclined on a towel with sunglasses over her eyes, a cool drink at hand. She wore a surprisingly revealing swimsuit, considering how she normally dressed (OOC:The one on the left.).

"Mmm. Who came up with this idea, again? Because it's just about the best we've had yet."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Palillo is suddenly standing on the air over Noriko's head. She was wearing the same swimsuit she had used in the lake in her backyard. "It was me and a snowball!"

Marco sits on a blanket that had been set out, with a picnic basket between himself and Alicia (assuming she's there.) Assuming she's there. He's wearing Arrancar-white swim trunks, and he has funky Bount-style tatooes on his chest.

Mia is in the water, in Ressureccion, her head barely peeking over the water. She's waiting for a chance to have fun at the expense of a fellow.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Gah! Lady Palillo, please don't startle me like that! Whew."

She looks around, seeing most others lounging around still.

"...Where's Lady Mia? Hm. Well, I think I feel like cooling off. I'm going for a swim, Lady Palillo. You're welcome as well, the ocean being nice and open and all."

She stands gracefully, walks for a few feet towards the shore...

Before suddenly running and leaping into the water, several yards from shore.

"Yahoo!"

(OOC:Just for you, Ganu. All set for Mia to do...whatever.)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Honokas

Ami tilts her head to the side in a cute manner. "???"

Mayu chuckles. "It's not like we don't have guards for that... But thank you, Hinata."

"...Go right ahead." Come on, stereotypical protective father. Just be glad he doesn't have a shotgun.

ELSEWHERE!

Liz is seated on a beach lounger ((...one of the flat ones)) next to Noriko in a modest two-piece ((without the bling, same general idea, though)). "Yes, it is a excellent day for some well-earned relaxation..." She smiles.

Lance stands behind Palillo. He's wearing similar trunks to Marco, and has a stupid grin on his face. "Shall we join her?"

Viatrix is... somewhere.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-09-02 at 09:24 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Mia's sisters, meanwhile, are sunbathing over some large rocks by the waterside.

Von Geister himself is taking a nap on the sand near them. All but his head buried.

"Was that necessary?"

"Yes."
    "Yes."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"So those are your names, huh? Didn't have a chance to meet you three at the party." Tai rumbles, looming over the quartet like...well. A giant. Tai loomed over lots of people, so this probably wasn't a surprise to anyone, taking stock of each of the Honoka's again before a ruthless smirk comes to her face.

"Kukuku, I think I could teach little Ami how to do that just a little better then you Hinata. No offense intended." She says cordially, giving the 2nd Divisioner another pat on the back before offering the Honoka's a short bow. "I'm Captain Tai, I organized this whole shin-dig. Feel free to enjoy yourselves, huh?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Ah, but Captain Tai. I intend to allow her to keep her well-mannered demeanor, as well as not scare off every boy. Just the wrong ones."

Her smirk is almost...ornery.

She sidles over to Ami.

"Come on, Ami. Let's make a couple of sand castles while your parents relax."

The wink she gives them behind Ami's back implies "among other things".

She then guides the girl over to an empty patch of sand, and does indeed start helping her build a magnificent sand castle. Assuming Ami's not insistent on something else.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"Sure, because I see how well that's worked out for you. How's that boyfriend of yours doing?" Tai asks 'innocently, the sun glasses keeping people from seeing the roll of her eye as she says it. "In any case, glad you three could make it. A visit back to the mortal world will probably do you three a world of good. Can't be good for you to keep copped up inside of the Seireitei."

The imposing woman stretches, turning away from the Honokas and making a beeline for one of the shaded lounge chairs. She still had plans to enact...she just had to wait for the right people to arrive before she could put them into action.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Suddenly, a loud thumping could be heard to approach the beach.

As it neared, it became clear it was music coming from a couple of large SUV's, with a 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am leading the charge.

Out of the SUVs poured several women members of the ARC; all the passengers, as well as the drivers, were female.

The car disgorged a couple more (likely their ranking officer, and one or two others, as well as the single ARC male showing up thus far: Gunnery Sergeant Luther Wilson.

He was wearing camo pattern swim trunks, a towel over his shoulder, shades over his eyes.

He walked to the trunk of the car, popped it open, and extracted a cooler.

"We couldn't turn down an offer to party. Here's some cold drinks, folks. Let's rock it!"

The bald Gunny, usually so straight-laced, is grinning. Apparently he likes a good beach party.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Amaya smiled as she watched the other Arrancar. She was kitted out in a fetching green bikini, and as clad by skin as a normal human (swimsuit on the right, for continuation of a theme). She'd just taken her daily medicine, and was feeling great.

For now, she didn't feel like swimming, so she was perched a little ways up the beach, investigating the tide pools. Whenever she found a fish, she would toss it into the ocean.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2009-09-02 at 10:11 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

Meanwhile, arriving at the edge of the beach was Masato, wearing dark, baggy shorts and a white tee shirt with a red flame pattern running along the bottom and sleeves. He took a few steps into the sand, scanned the horizon, took note of everyone else, then forced his face into a contorted look of confusion.

"Wait a minute. Wasn't everyone involved in plotlines already? Wasn't I just about to get started with some new enemies? How'd we all end up at the beach all of a sudden?!"

And with that, the fourth wall was no more.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    "Sure, because I see how well that's worked out for you. How's that boyfriend of yours doing?" Tai asks 'innocently, the sun glasses keeping people from seeing the roll of her eye as she says it. "In any case, glad you three could make it. A visit back to the mortal world will probably do you three a world of good. Can't be good for you to keep copped up inside of the Seireitei."

The imposing woman stretches, turning away from the Honokas and making a beeline for one of the shaded lounge chairs. She still had plans to enact...she just had to wait for the right people to arrive before she could put them into action.
    "Naruto and I are very happy, thank you. He unfortunately had patrol duty he couldn't get out of."

Yes. He's a member of 13th Division.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Honokas

Mayu smiles a little nervously at Tai. "Nice to meet you. And we will." Then looks back to Hinata. "...Will you? I suppose... Thank you, Hinata."

Ami cheers as Hinata escorts her off, and indeed builds a sand castle.

Others

Liz smiles as Noriko jumps into the water. She had no doubt Mia was hiding.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The sandcastle built is epic.

As in, Minas Tirith epic.

"...You know, I never knew you could stack it that high."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko looks at him. She's wearing a blue one-peicer.

Does it matter? IT'S BEACH TIME! SAND!

She runs at the beach, laughing.

----

Haruna is lying on a towel, wearing a two-piecer.

Ah... surf and sun.

----

Takeshi is lying next to Liz, with board shorts on. Been a while.

His Fraccion are all mucking around.

----

Daisuke is wearing sunglasses, board shorts, a rash shirt, and is at the bar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Meanwhile, arriving at the edge of the beach was Masato, wearing dark, baggy shorts and a white tee shirt with a red flame pattern running along the bottom and sleeves. He took a few steps into the sand, scanned the horizon, took note of everyone else, then forced his face into a contorted look of confusion.

"Wait a minute. Wasn't everyone involved in plotlines already? Wasn't I just about to get started with some new enemies? How'd we all end up at the beach all of a sudden?!"

And with that, the fourth wall was no more.
    Tyler grins and gives him a good smack on the back.

"Dude. Girls + Swimsuits. Stop complaining. Oh, cool, Americans."

He meanders down the beach as well, starting to chat with some of the ladies of ARC. Who clearly think he's just a cute little thing, what with him being 16, and many of them being several decades older.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko rushes over to Ami and starts helping her build the sandcastle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Shinigami side

Wolfgang is in wolf form with a blue bandanna wrapped around his neck. He walks with Tyler, obviously bumping up his image with the ARC ladies.

Ami smiles. She used her claws for a lot of the detail. "Did Ami... er, I do a good job?" She looks to Natsuko with a smile. "Hi! I'm Ami! Who are you?"

Arrancar side

Liz holds Takeshi's hand while she relaxes.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I think "good job" might be an understatement, kid. You've definitely inherited artistic ability from your dad. Figures it would be sculpture, though."

Hinata nods in greetings to Natsuko.

Tyler is hamming up the whole "boy and his dog" image thing.

He's promised Wolfgang 3 meals either home cooked or eating out, whatever Wolfgang wants.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground

Caroline

Among the aforementioned ARC troops was Caroline, who happened to be driving one of the trucks. Practically pushing people out, Caroline drags her own medicine box out as she goes. Sighing a bit at Luther's dramatic display, Caroline shrugs and hurries out to meet anyone there.

She herself is wearing a straw hat with a green ribbon on it and a white thin cotton shirt over this scaled to Caroline's size and more red than pink.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground

Libby arrives, via parachute. She's wearing a cute one piece bathing suit that ends in a frilly skirt, camouflage, of course. She pulls up a chair near Tai and relaxes.

If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Palillo looks toward the water as a half-dozen white tentacles breach the water around Noriko. "It's just like the deep end!"