New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    No, bears are most certainly big enough to shoot. In fact, they're big enough that they're hard not to shoot. If you close your eyes and fire a gun in a random direction, two out of three times you'll hit a bear.
    Hmm. I just tried that, and I didn't hit a bear once! You lied to me!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

Well obviously if you're trying to hit a bear, it's not a completely random direction, is it?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    The problem with bears is that you can shoot them, but they'll keep going and just be angrier.
    It depends what you shoot them with, but yes, this can be a problem.

4. - Top - End - #394

Anyone seen Trigun before?

If so, then why is there one random samurai character in a primarily western-oriented world? This has always boggled me.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

5. - Top - End - #395

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Awww. I like it. It's very them.

Also, people in this area sometimes say "warsh", too; it's doubly hilarious given that I, currently living in Washington, know plenty of people who oddly pronounce the name of their own state.
    I don't like the sound of it. Too...broad.

And I suppose it's okay to mispronounce the name of a state if it's because of that state's accent.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    And I suppose it's okay to mispronounce the name of a state if it's because of that state's accent.
    Or if it has a ridiculously non-intuitive spelling and you don't live there...like Arkansas. It makes no sense! There's already a Kansas! Why is this not Kansas with an "Ar" in front of it?

...that name has tripped me up several times. I'm glad I never got it wrong in front of an Arkansas native.

7. - Top - End - #397

Huzzah. The forums are up again.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    Huzzah. The forums are up again.
    May there be much drinking and celebrating.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

9. - Top - End - #399

I am currently eating ice cream from a cup. With a fork. Stupid not-done dishwasher.

The ice cream is great, though. ^.^

10. - Top - End - #400
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Anyone seen Trigun before?

If so, then why is there one random samurai character in a primarily western-oriented world? This has always boggled me.
    Contractual Obligation, duh. It is an anime, after all.

Also, it isn't completely mono-ethnic either. I mean, if you've gotten far enough that you've seen him, you probably know why there's even the chance for him to be in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

11. - Top - End - #401

Contractual Obligation, duh. It is an anime, after all.

Also, it isn't completely mono-ethnic either. I mean, if you've gotten far enough that you've seen him, you probably know why there's even the chance for him to be in it.
    I've seen the entire series. I was merely rewatching some of the episodes.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

I am making outrageously oversized cookies. I believe I win.

*tips over chess piece*

13. - Top - End - #403

NecromancerGuy

^: How oversized are we talking here? Pizza-pan sized?

I've seen the entire series. I was merely rewatching some of the episodes.
    Then you know it's a remnant of weaboo and asian minority cultures being warped to the purposes of the BBEG. In addition to the contractual obligations.

Those are important, those contractual obligations.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-09-05 at 08:33 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Well, first batch is done. I'm assuming lower temperature and longer time will equate to a more even cooking? With the first batch, since they were oversized, the middles were more or less dough, and the outsides were burnt. I'm chilling the dough now, and lowering the oven temp from 375 to 300. Thoughts?

15. - Top - End - #405

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Well, first batch is done. I'm assuming lower temperature and longer time will equate to a more even cooking? With the first batch, since they were oversized, the middles were more or less dough, and the outsides were burnt. I'm chilling the dough now, and lowering the oven temp from 375 to 300. Thoughts?
    *steals one of the cookies from the first batch* >.>

16. - Top - End - #406

There are some baked goods man was not meant to know. Do not meddle with cookies beyond your ken!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

There are some baked goods man was not meant to know. Do not meddle with cookies beyond your ken!
    No! No! Meddle away! For SCIENCE!

Because, you know, baking is definitely the best kind of science. And baking oversized batches of cookies in the name of science is a lot easier than, say, inventing time machines or performing brain surgery on yourself.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2009-09-05 at 09:11 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

18. - Top - End - #408

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    No! No! Meddle away! For SCIENCE!

Because, you know, baking is definitely the best kind of science. And baking oversized batches of cookies in the name of science is a lot easier than, say, inventing time machines or performing brain surgery on yourself.
    That last one is pretty easy, actually.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

That last one is pretty easy, actually.
    Okay, let's have a race. I'll bake the perfect oversized cookie and you'll performing brain surgery on yourself, and we'll see who finishes first and suffers less collateral damage. And THEN we'll see who's findings further the cause of science more.
    I'd win, obviously.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

20. - Top - End - #410

NecromancerGuy

Try comparing your technique with that of what they use for making cookie cake if you can find it. lower temperature, longer time is definitely the way to go though.... only one actually. haha.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

Well, after chilling the dough and lowering the temperature to 300, I got 9 perfect, gigantic cookies. (If I had made normal size, it should've been 30.)

22. - Top - End - #412

Well, after chilling the dough and lowering the temperature to 300, I got 9 perfect, gigantic cookies. (If I had made normal size, it should've been 30.)
    You can't eat them all, right? Can you throw one in a general north-easterly direction for me?

23. - Top - End - #413

*has already nommed the previous cookies* :3 I don't care if they're burned, they're still tasty... as long as they're chocolate chip. If it's any other kind, then you're a Communist.

(-Apologies to Communists everywhere-)

24. - Top - End - #414
    Barbarian in the Playground

Commie Puppy will think about accepting your apology...

But I do agree, chocolate chip cookies are better. And I want one of those giant ones!
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

25. - Top - End - #415

NecromancerGuy

crap. bat.

in dad's office.

cat caught it. dad made her let it go and put it in a trashcan while it was stunned and brought it outside but now all the cats are prowling around so we can't let it go without taking it out of the trashcan and I can't find gloves.

and can't just let it crawl out due to all of the cats attracted to its echolocation.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #416

crap. bat.

in dad's office.

cat caught it. dad made her let it go and put it in a trashcan while it was stunned and brought it outside but now all the cats are prowling around so we can't let it go without taking it out of the trashcan and I can't find gloves.

and can't just let it crawl out due to all of the cats attracted to its echolocation.
    Use a towel or something. You act like it's disease-riddled. Trust me, the chance of you catching anything from a bat is very, VERY low.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

crap. bat.

in dad's office.

Use a spray bottle of water to repel the cats. That way you do not have to touch the bat, but as Slayer Draco said, there isn't much risk in handling a bat. Unless it is Batman.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

I am not an arrogant man. My supreme greatness is self-evident.

I would not call myself handsome by any stretch of the imagination. No need to stretch ;)

But damn if my glasses don't make me look twelve times more attractive.

*Ahem* In other news, "Game over, man! Game over!"

29. - Top - End - #419
    Orc in the Playground

I would say that I am an arrogant man.

but that's because I'm awesome. Everyone knows that.
    "The Mormons were right."

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I am not an arrogant man. My supreme greatness is self-evident.

I would not call myself handsome by any stretch of the imagination. No need to stretch ;)

But damn if my glasses don't make me look twelve times more attractive.

*Ahem* In other news, "Game over, man! Game over!"
    Pics or it isn't true.