New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Dude...that's NORMAL.
    Oh, cool. I just feel slightly overweight right now is all. (Mainly because my friends are either skinny or muscly, which makes me look like a mountain of flab when I stand next to them)
    I need to be less self-conscious.

Alteran: I totally agree with you about the graph.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-09-07 at 11:33 AM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Thanatos's Tharmturges Present: Tropical, Tipsy, and Typically Random Banter #127

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Alteran: I totally agree with you about the graph.
    "Healthy" sounds good, but as Dragonrider observed, you could still be healthy if you fall into the Underweight or Overweight category. I don't know, maybe I should stop expecting wide-audience government-created charts to be friendly.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Bad Nameless! Bad! *whaps with a newspaper* Follow the RB rules!

Baaah. University preparation seems like a lot of hassle. An unnecessary amount!
    I know. But at least you can (presumably) leave stuff there over the holidays*. And you still don't have any textbooks. Or have you actually got the reading list now?

*Honestly, you're only there for eight weeks and then you have to pack up and go home again. Then repeat for every term.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

Amazing.
    I mean, for a start, there were 301 of us in the chorus. That in itself makes things pretty amazing, especially in the Hallelujah chorus and Worthy is the Lamb going into the Amen at the end.
    Yes, those were two of the best bits; then there was that chorus right before part one ended. Loved that too.

Impressively, my voice held out just fine through all the 9 consecutive days of singing.
    The whole thing seemed kind of unreal. You know when you decide to do something, but it's always in the future, so when it actually happens it still takes you by surprise? It was like that, suddenly realising on saturday evening that it was less than 24 hours to go, and then walking into the Royal Albert Hall on sunday morning, and then coming onto stage for the performance and seeing the audience...
    Well, yeah, how many under twenty - ones can say "I performed at Royal Albert Hall [insert length of time], it was good. Not that I'm being blase or anything."

And then, in spite of various difficulties we'd had when rehearsing, the actual performance was fantastic. Vastly better than when I did it last december. In rehearsals, Nicholas McGegan (the conductor) said some of the bits were the best he'd ever heard them sung.
    Oh, and did I mention the audience included Daniel Craig, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie? The audience included Daniel Craig, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.
    I remember Stephen Fry got interviewed in that Twenty Minutes segments; he thought the performance was bloody fantastic. Also: Hugh Laurie? Cool. Daniel Craig, I don't know him. He famous somehow?
    And the conductor said the same thing too. Thufir and his 300 companions are "the history of classical music". So, Mr. Thufir, how does it feel?

The standing ovation was actually one of the less significant bits to me. It was just like any other standing ovation, but more so. More people, more enthusiasm, going on for longer. The elation came more from the performance.
    Said elation combined with a really slow pizza delivery meant I only got 2 hours sleep last night, and no breakfast this morning, and I really don't care.
    Gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...
    STanding ovation. Very good, but not all that rare.
    Royal Albert Hall: correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it one of the most famous halls in the world and ridiculously prestige? And a standing ovation there is "less significant".
    You really are on a music high. It's incredibly deserved though; I've not heard much choral classical music, but I've heard enough to say that was really good and I'm glad I caught it.
    Even if I did get into more than a sinkload of trouble for saying, "I'll go shop when the break's on. In an hour." It wasn't all that urgent anyway.

Still, you had a once in a lifetime opportunity, you took it, and you enjoyed the performance incredibly. You can have my envy now.

Height/weight again?
    I'm small, and I'm probably a little 'overweight'. I don't know my height and haven't since I was ten. I don't think I've ever known my weight. I'm happy like this.
    Society and societal averages can go and get lost thank you very much.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    "Healthy" sounds good, but as Dragonrider observed, you could still be healthy if you fall into the Underweight or Overweight category. I don't know, maybe I should stop expecting wide-audience government-created charts to be friendly.
    Charts are never friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    Height/weight again?
    I'm small, and I'm probably a little 'overweight'. I don't know my height and haven't since I was ten. I don't think I've ever known my weight. I'm happy like this.
    Society and societal averages can go and get lost thank you very much.
    That's a good way of looking at things.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I know. But at least you can (presumably) leave stuff there over the holidays*. And you still don't have any textbooks. Or have you actually got the reading list now?
    Aheheh eheeh heh. no. >_>

Charts are friendly on the high seas. You should never go out without one at least twenty.

Also: Daniel Craig is James Bond, Curly.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2009-09-07 at 11:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Orc in the Playground

In a Calastoga the gangs rule the streets.
    But seriously folks I went to a cafe and the owner told me that the guy who writes the comic Pearls before Swine sometimes drew his comics there.
    Then he showed me 2 signed originals of his comics, one with a minor character named after him.
    Last edited by littlequietguy; 2009-09-07 at 12:00 PM.
    Thanks Dogmantra for the two-face dressed up as him.
    http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/49682
    Click the dragons please!

Thanks to Nevitan for the Two Scale Dragon Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you Nevitan

__________________________________________________ ____
    Last edited by (Big Brother):Today at Zero Hour.

7. - Top - End - #637

Aheheh eheeh heh. no. >_>
    I hereby order you to start panicking in an understated and quietly reserved British way.
    You may begin whenever you're reading.

Charts are friendly on the high seas. You should never go out without one at least twenty.
    I doubt you'd need a height/weight one though. Tidal ones, maps, shipping yes; but not height/weight.
    What kind of charts do you need?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #638
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

...That's just bizarre. Your place is weird, Bather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I doubt you'd need a height/weight one though. Tidal ones, maps, shipping yes; but not height/weight.
    What kind of charts do you need?
    You don't get maps on a ship. Only charts. So many charts. Charts all up ins.

@^ What's weird? I'm weird? I'm not weird ok maybe I'm weird.

Now off to a pub quiz! Perhaps we shan't come last this time! (very unlikely)

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

Woke up two minutes ago. By which I mean, I'm not going to be up for another hour or two, it just looks like I am. If you need me, I'll be staring at a wall. DON'T. NEED ME.

11. - Top - End - #641

NecromancerGuy

Not having your reading list for school is weird. Hope the pub quiz went(goes) well.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #642

There is a fly buzzing around my room. GO AWAY FLY!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    There is a fly buzzing around my room. GO AWAY FLY!
    *Swats fly with mind powers and Vikings*
    Better?

Also, school started today, wasn't hard. Although this is just the first week.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

14. - Top - End - #644
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Woke up two minutes ago. By which I mean, I'm not going to be up for another hour or two, it just looks like I am. If you need me, I'll be staring at a wall. DON'T. NEED ME.
    I was supposed to give somebody a wake-up call between 10 and 11 am this morning. I slept through my alarm woke up at 11:45, after they did. >.>

Also, both school and my birthday are tomorrow.

Hurray?

15. - Top - End - #645

You don't get maps on a ship. Only charts. So many charts. Charts all up ins.

Now off to a pub quiz! Perhaps we shan't come last this time! (very unlikely)
    What's the difference between a chart and a map then?

Luck! on the pub quiz though.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    Also, both school and my birthday are tomorrow.

Hurray?
    First:
    Bad luck there (on the fact that you have school on your birthday).

Second:
    An early happy birthday to you!
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #647

NecromancerGuy

map
    Spoiler
    Show
    A map is a visual representation of an area—a symbolic depiction highlighting relationships between elements of that space such as objects, regions, and themes.

Many maps are static two-dimensional, geometrically accurate (or approximately accurate) representations of three-dimensional space, while others are dynamic or interactive, even three-dimensional. Although most commonly used to depict geography, maps may represent any space, real or imagined, without regard to context or scale; e.g. Brain mapping, DNA mapping, and extraterrestrial mapping.

chart:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A nautical chart is a graphic representation of a maritime area and adjacent coastal regions. Depending on the scale of the chart, it may show depths of water and heights of land (topographic map), natural features of the seabed, details of the coastline, navigational hazards, locations of natural and man-made aids to navigation, information on tides and currents, local details of the Earth's magnetic field, and man-made structures such as harbours, buildings, and bridges. Nautical charts are essential tools for marine navigation; many countries require vessels, especially commercial ships, to carry them. Nautical charting may take the form of charts printed on paper or computerised electronic navigational charts.

So a chart is a super map? Something like that.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

Pub quiz? Is that...like...barroom trivia?
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

19. - Top - End - #649

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Pub quiz? Is that...like...barroom trivia?
    You ever been to a buffalo wild wings? How they have those electronic quiz thingies that teams compete against one another on?
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #650
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also: Daniel Craig is James Bond, Curly.
    NO

He is not. And nobody ever made an awful movie called Quantum of Solace with him starring that I wasted someone else's time and money to see, either.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2009-09-07 at 12:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    NO

He is not. And nobody ever made an awful movie called Quantum of Solace with him starring that I wasted someone else's time and money to see, either.
    Psssst, Magtok, you forgot about Casino Royale, Daniel Craig played James Bond in that too.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-09-07 at 12:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #652

Also, school started today, wasn't hard. Although this is just the first week.
    I started last Thursday. It makes no sense. Though my friend started on Friday!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

23. - Top - End - #653

Psssst, Magtok, you forgot about Casino Royale, Daniel Craig played James Bond in that too.
    Yeah, but I didn't see that one. And I suppose it might've helped clarify a few minor plot things in Quantum, but a Bond film shouldn't have to lean on its predecessor to be enjoyed, and there'd still be huge plot holes.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2009-09-07 at 12:43 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

You ever been to a buffalo wild wings? How they have those electronic quiz thingies that teams compete against one another on?
    Yes, that's what I thought. I was clarifying.

Also, Quantum of Solace was good! I mean, not as good as Casino Royale, sure, and maybe I wouldn't consider Craig the BEST Bond...but he's a close second. >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ettin in the Playground

I started last Thursday. It makes no sense. Though my friend started on Friday!
    I just had an induction day on Friday. But actual "school" started Today. And I get a FREE hour of nothing everyday at school.
    Current timetable:
    Monday - Lesson 1 (History), Lesson 2 (Free/Study period), Lesson 3 (Maths), Lesson 4 (Biology), Lesson 5 (English Language).
    Tuesday - Lesson 1 (History), Lesson 2 (English Language), Lesson 3 (Biology), Lesson 4 (PSHE), Lesson 5 (Free period).
    Wednesday - Lesson 1 (Maths), Lessons 2 3 and 4 (General Studies), Lesson 5 (Recreation)
    Thursday - Lesson 1 (Free period), Lesson 2 (Maths), Lesson 3 (Biology), Lesson 4 (English Language), Lesson 5 (History).
    Friday - Lesson 1 (Free period), Lesson 2 (History), Lesson 3 (Maths), Lesson 4 (Biology), Lesson 5 (English Language).

4 whole hours of time in school where I don't have to do anything (and I can chose to do my homework in those hours, leaving me with more free time after school)

I love 6th form.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #656

He was far too thuggish for my tastes. Also, what kind of baddies meet in desert hotel thing that is quite obviously a massive fiery explosion waiting to happen?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #657

STUFF
    Yeah, well I have PE first thing on a Monday Morning!
    Whoever thought it was a good idea needs their head tested. With a chainsaw.
    BANG → !

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, well I have PE first thing on a Monday Morning!
    Whoever thought it was a good idea needs their head tested. With a chainsaw.
    I don't have PE anymore. I don't have to do it.
    A happy Fred is an annoying Fred.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #659

When I'm in 6th form, I shan't have to do PE anymore, but I will have to do Games...

And now I have a book to read that I was supposed to read over the summer but they didn't give me a copy because they'd run out. GAH!
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2009-09-07 at 12:52 PM.
    BANG → !

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

When I'm in 6th form, I shan't have to do PE anymore, but I will have to do Games...

And now I have a book to read that I was supposed to read over the summer but they didn't give me a copy because they'd run out. GAH!
    I have math homework for Wednesday. That is all.

Oh, and Biology homework for next Monday.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle