Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Episode 28: Divine clash! The sands of Hueco Mundo are stained with blood!

A series of void portals open everywhere within the fortress of Las Noches, the pulsing purple rifts in reality itself sending out streams of corrupted Reishi into the fortress, some hollows falling to the ground cackling madly, while tearing away at their own masks, driven mad by the sudden intake of something so ineffably WRONG.

However, this is merely a comparable calm before the storm, a woman's sandal stepping out into the sands of the fortress, the sand compacting itself to where it was harder then stone beneath her feet.

This sand crystalized however, as a adolescent, obviously in his late teens, set a armored foot fall out of one near by, the sand crystalizing as he removes himself from the tar like void portal, Gaia giving him a look of disaproval, but Hyperion smiled anyways as he raised his hand, a sphere of fire in it, before casting it at a near by Gillian.

The beast screamed for a second, but it barely had time for that, as it was reduced to ash.

Hyperion laughed as he looked down on the heated embers.

The Olympians had come for Athena. They had come to Hueco Mundo.
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-09-06 at 12:08 AM.
    Hayden, Hot blooded Cyborg by Jakuu.
    Plushrump ITP!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Episode 28: Divine clash! The sands of hueco mundo are stained with blood!

Portals inside the walls?

Preposterous. Such an affront is intolerable.

A surge of massive, opressive, reiatsu fills the entirety of the great citadel, as Von Geister immediately acknowledges the presence of the intruders.

This is an alarm for all of the espada and numeros.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Episode 28: Divine clash! The sands of hueco mundo are stained with blood!

Mia glances up at the spiking reiatsu, sighing. "It seems the Olympians are attacking again."

Palillo is suddenly back in her swimwear, grabbing her zanpaktou from beside the bed. "The Old Lumpians are attacking again. Let's go kick butt, Silver-san!"

Marco blinks in surprise at the reiatsu, reaching for his deck. "What was that?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Hades

Hades steps out with a smirk. "It's the troublesome ones that are the most pathetic... Always fighting against inevitability." He "observes" his surroundings. "So meager..."

Lance

...It doesn't take Lance a second longer to be in his trunks. They were the closest things available. He's got a determined grin on his face. "Right."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-09-05 at 11:43 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

"Raise your head, Mariposa!" Palillo tucks her arms under Lance's immediately after releasing. She rockets into the air, enough to spread her wings. I believe it was either explicitely stated or strongly implied in the rescue episode that the top of Palillo's tower is open air. "Got your Fifteen Bits?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alicia blinks. No clue. She has her hand on her zanpaktou(s?)

Eirine is with her sister I guess?

If you are in a game with me feel free to add me on MSN or AIM. Contact Info is on my profile.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Lance

"Of course." His coins form into two silver revolvers in his hand. "Lets roll."

Viatrix

Viatrix is with Eirene, indeed. Her eyes widen as she feels the familiar energy of The Void. She sends a butterfly to Mia.

"...You guys go ahead. We'll provide backup."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Episode 28: Divine clash! The sands of Hueco Mundo are stained with blood!

"If you find Nukari, let me know, then try to teleport him into Dolores." Mia's idea may or may not later inspire the demise of the Segunda in Detergent. In any case, she makes her way into the open sands, letting her tentacles burrow beneath as she has already moved into her Ressureccion. "Any suggestions for if I run into a Bount?"

With a sonic boom, Palillo and Lance are suddenly within ideal firing range of the nearest Olympian to Pasilla Novena, which if memory serves is adjacent to Pallisio Tercera. "Fire at Will-temee!"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Episode 28: Divine clash! The sands of Hueco Mundo are stained with blood!

Takeshi is standing on the roof of the Palacio Duo in an EPIC POSE, with his Fraccion around him.

I want you lot...

to stay back.

Hai.

Minimise the casualties among the Numeros. Go.

With three "Hai!"s, they disappear. Takeshi disappears as well.

He appears heading at high speed towards Gaia, attempting to seperate the two Olympians by punching her through a wall, sonidoing to where she is then blocking the hole in the wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Carcharadaron looks down at himself.

Bishie!Carch is all well and good, but when it comes to a battle... Carcharadon sighs. He immediately begins to make his way to Dolores.

If I'm quick I can get to Dolores, endure a few seconds of agony, and then find myself big and strong enough to put up a decent fight and protect Mia.

He pauses.

Oh. And, uh, Toho, of course.

{{No-one intercept him apart from Artemis, if that's okay. This shiz is pre-planned, yo.}}
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-09-06 at 03:29 AM.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Same with Gaia vs Takeshi, at least partially}}

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Takeshi finds a rather dense wall of crystalized sand wrapped around his arm, not giving him 0 room to even twitch his little finger. however nano seconds later, his immense strength tears through the impromptu vice, and impacts her squarely in the jaw as she allows her jaw to slacken to "roll' with the blow rather then take the full brunt of Takeshi's strength . However, rather then soar for a few seconds, before hitting the ground unceremoniously, a collumn of softened sand catching her,and depositing her on the ground; even as sand began to creep around his ankle's.
    Plushrump ITP!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Hades

Hades opens a void portal to his temple, and a giant, black, seemingly incorporeal form steps out from the blackness and mist before closing again. A roar echoes through Las Noches as the spectral Gillian known as Charon charges up a pure black Cero.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Von Geister's opressive reiatsu focuses around Hades and Charon, the sands of Las Noches beneath them becoming a mass of something resembling gray flesh.

And opening like a giant maw, innumerable marble needles surrounding it, down into the depths.

"Opening portals within my fortress. Such an slight cannot get by unawsered"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Hades

The needles pass through Charon with some difficulty. But it doesn't seem harmed as the cero impacts... Palacio Cuatro. The beast idly floats up to avoid the maw.

Hades steps up in the air reflexively, and utters a single word. "Danku." The barrier stops the needles with ease. Hades is still smirking. "So hypocritical... As I recall, your own kind invaded our walls as well..."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-09-06 at 12:55 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"In retribution to your constant attacks."

Palacio Cuatro now has a nice, big hole in it.

Damnit. My palace." - This is said even as the walls rebuild themselves flawless - "Good as new."

A hundred tendrils of strange colors, covered in slime, shoot from the depths of the maw in the floor, twisting around Charon and Hades, trying to drag both down.

"I take it you came for Shoken? Shame, for this is her home now, as it is for all hollows. Your quest shall bear no fruit."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Hades

The tentacles shoot right through Charon as the beast floats away from the maw.

"Tozanshō." The pyramid-shaped barrier blocks the tentacles from coming near Hades. "Tell me, Cuatra Espada..." The "boy" still smirks.

"Do you fear death?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"What is with everyone and that question?"

"I am a hollow, genius. I am already dead."

The reishi that comprises the tentacles starts to vibrate at incredible speeds, its edges flatening into bladed surfaces.

Seele Schneider.

Even a kido barrier can't really resist these for long.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Night Surgeon View Post
    Takeshi finds a rather dense wall of crystalized sand wrapped around his arm, not giving him 0 room to even twitch his little finger. however nano seconds later, his immense strength tears through the impromptu vice, and impacts her squarely in the jaw as she allows her jaw to slacken to "roll' with the blow rather then take the full brunt of Takeshi's strength . However, rather then soar for a few seconds, before hitting the ground unceremoniously, a collumn of softened sand catching her,and depositing her on the ground; even as sand began to creep around his ankle's.
    Takeshi, noticing the sand, takes to the sky.

Invader. You will find only destruction here.

He charges up a blue Cero at the the end of his fist, firing it towards Gaia.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

"Do you really consider yourself above Death? You have gone through the realm of physical Death, but you are not a god... as much as you might consider yourself one." Hades motions with his hand. "Word of Destruction: Theta." Even as the kido barrier begins to crack, a dozen balls of energy form in a large circle around it, then floating down to obliterate the tentacles with several large explosions. Or at least blow them apart.

"Experiencing an Ending... Going through Transition... Experiencing inexorable Forces, or Change. These are all facets of Death. I thought you to be more intelligent than to consider Death only to be the boundary between the Mortal and Spirit worlds."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

The tentacles are destroyed, their reishi dispersing back into the sands bellow and into the air around.

"A god? When did I claim such. No, no. Never. A king, that I am. King of this bleak realm, and a god I serve, one much greater than you deluded pretenders."

The reishi begins to gather again, reshaping the destroyed tentacles.

"As for death. I am not above it, for I died once, but I surely am beyond it, for the same reason. I do not call death what happens to a hollow or a spirit. For death is a thing reserved for mortals, and what weights it attaches to the soul can be overcome."

The tentacles strike again.

"What is there to fear in death. That isn't fear of anything else. Vain thing that it is, a change so small that it truly is. Fear the pain! Fear the unknown! Fear itself... I am!"

"So no, Hades, oh god of death, for such fear is a thing of fools. So tell me, how foolish are you? Hoohehehahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

A jet of ethereal bile springs from the deaths of the maw, more a blast of pressurized reiatsu than anything else. Von Geister knows how to harm ghosts of course, he is one himself.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Charon lets out a howl of pain as the "bile" hits it. But a few hurried steps and it moves away from the maw, charging up a cero to fire into the odd mouth.

"Sekionton." The cloud of smoke explodes from the barrier as the tentacles cut in, and it shatters. However, Hades is not to be found, but for a moment, as his voice heralds from high above. "Word of Destruction: Alpha." The beam of energy blasts into the center of the maw.

"Fear stems from Death... You even deny the fact that your Fear is an aspect of Death. All Fear tends toward a comprehension of the Final Ending." A chuckle.

"You admit yourself to be not a god... but a king. It matters not. Kings, knights, lords, and peasants are all the same in their final moments."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-09-06 at 06:51 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

The cero blasts the side of the maw, revealing a wall of sand behind it, which in turn begins to reform the 'skin' that once covered it.

The same can and cannot be said of Hades' spell. Because while it does the same, the effect is not visible, deep within the dark hole.

"But I disgress! Fear comes from the unknown! Fear comes from the will to remain as one is! Fear arises when change of any kind arises! Fear is fooly! Fear is the end of wisdom and judgement! It heralds the death of strategy! Of planning! Of cunning!"

"So come on shinigami! For that is what you are, and don't you correct me or deny it! You say it matters not that I am god or king. What does that mean if not that being a god is meaningless to you!"

The maw in the ground twists and inflates to the outside, its teeth becoming spines and its tongues becoming tentacles.

"Say, do you Olympians sleep? Or are you self-glorified enough to dismiss a base pleasure as a scorned weakness?"

There is something about the way it is said that indicates Von Geister is mocking the long-windedness of the entire thing.

Oh, by the way, the tentacles shoot more of the reiryoku bile, both at Charon and Hades.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Hades laughs... "Sekienton." The cloud of smoke is swallowed up by the bile, but yet again Hades is not there. His voice echoes from seemingly nowhere and everywhere, much like Von Geister. "You know, in a way you are correct... I am a Shinigami. A Death God. God of the Underworld... The gathering place of all souls. But I am not of the Glorified Custodians that go by the name of Shinigami."

"I neither confirm nor deny your claim, and you are neither correct nor incorrect. And I myself see no need for such an indulgence as sleep..."

Charon roars again, but still manages to fire a cero at the former-maw.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-09-06 at 07:43 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"Indulge not in rest but in the demeaning of your foes?"

The bloated thing busts, unleashing a torrent of flaying, reiatsu enhanced sand, a veritable slashing tornado. Alternatively, compare to sembonzakura. Spiralling to Charon, of course.

"I fail to understand your choice to exclude one form of indulgence but not another."

Von geister puts up his best mimic of a clueless voice he can. Which means he is mimicking Palillo's tone.
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-09-07 at 11:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Which means he is mimicking Palillo's tone.
    Speaking of, the Novena and Lance are still prowling Las Noches for Olympians, as is Mia.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Zaraki View Post
    Carcharadaron looks down at himself.

Bishie!Carch is all well and good, but when it comes to a battle... Carcharadon sighs. He immediately begins to make his way to Dolores.

If I'm quick I can get to Dolores, endure a few seconds of agony, and then find myself big and strong enough to put up a decent fight and protect Mia.

He pauses.

Oh. And, uh, Toho, of course.
    "Grrrr..."

The growl comes from behind Carch, the source being a large stone hound that was slowly pulling it's way out of the walls of the hallway, it's chiseled face turned to the Espada as it bares raggedly cut fangs.

Another growl, this time from in front of him as another hound pulls it's way from the stone and crouches low, rock 'hackles' raising as it prepares itself to strike should the arrancar make a move.

"Easy boys...no need to hurt him yet." The lilting voice comes from a little slip of a female, coming around the corner where the first stone hound had appeared from with another in tow behind her. A silver bow rests easily in her hands with two arrows knocked and ready to fire, the dogs settling at her words and straightening up.

Artemis didn't however, raising the bow and pulling the arrows back, drawing a bead on the Bishie!Carch's chest as she speaks up in a friendly tone.

"Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where that dead-beat Shoken is, would you? It'd make my job so much easier if you just told me where she is..."

---

Shoken

Said 'dead-beat' happened upon Palillo and Lance as she came out of...where-ever she had been within Las Noches, a steely glare on her scarred face as she looks over the two.

"What's going on? Why was there an alarm?" She asks bluntly, despite the fact she herself is an Olympian, and was casting a suspicious eye over at Lance.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Mia continues to prowl the sands for Olympians. They seem scarce today.

Palillo stands on the air in front of Shoken so her wings don't hypnotize her. Shoken may be bothered by the fact that both of them are half naked. "Stupid people think they can be hollows, and we're gonna kick their butts!"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

The cero is stopped by a series of yet more dense sand walls, the powerful blue ball of Hollow reaitsu going through about 10 of them, but she was prepared for this, she made a few marks in the sand, before doing something equivalent to Tai chi, the sand raising up behind her like a ocean wave, as she said.

"Transcendence, Unite the realms of Heaven, and Earth!"

imagine something along the lines of this, except in a tornado of equal size, writhing, as thousands of spiraling sand arms attempt to grasp Takeshi. Her body now something equivalent to a marble statue, and laughing a bit as she seems to dance, her movements flowing like the sand tornado that erupted beneath you, and is now spiraling around you.

Meanwhile, Hyperion takes note of Mia, and looking almost giddy, draws his claymore, and charging in.... Singing? As he cleaves through a gillian, and a pleathora of other hollows on his way towards you.

"Please stay right where you are! When you run, the meat gets less tender.

A ball of orange flame inceinerates another gillian hollow.

"Just lie down and surrender. Could you marinate in lime?"

He then leaps, gone from vision, the "false" sun of Las Noches blotting out his apperance before he plummted back into vision above Mia, a look of wild ecstasy on his face, as he brought his blade down for a sweeping blow.
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-09-07 at 06:57 AM.
    Plushrump ITP!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Takeshi draws his sword.

Feel honoured to face this.

Wake up!

GRAN BEASTIA!

A pillar of blue energy envelops him, probably dispersing the sand.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.