New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Dax Johnson

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Dax Johnson

I found his music while looking for mood music for my D&D campaign. Apparently he died without the world ever knowing of his talent at age 30 or so. His music is absolutely fantastic, and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys piano or piano accompanied by vocals. (He has a little bit of each)

A link to one of his best piano compositions:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbMpR...eature=related
    Roy/Roy's Brother Avatar by me. If you'd like for me to make an avatar for you, you need only ask. Can't promise if I'll ever get it done, though. :P

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Dax Johnson

Dax Johnson is truly gifted. Did you know that he stated playing the piano at age 6?
    i once heard on his songs he made with Steve Nicks. He i snow working on his 3rd solo album which i think will be really cool since he masters the art of making experimental and original music and tones from classic instruments. I once read that Carol Burnett also composes music but not sure if that is true.
    I look forward to seeing Dax Johnson when he hopefully tours after his 3rd album has been released later this year. His music is quite interesting because he gets influenced by such a variety of musicians like Cats Stevens and Mark Cohn.
    Carol Burnett was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The Carol Burnett show is funny to watch

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Dax Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ladymarinii3 View Post
    I look forward to seeing Dax Johnson when he hopefully tours after his 3rd album has been released later this year. His music is quite interesting because he gets influenced by such a variety of musicians like Cats Stevens and Mark Cohn.
    Slight problem with that... He's dead. Died of an overdose.
    Roy/Roy's Brother Avatar by me. If you'd like for me to make an avatar for you, you need only ask. Can't promise if I'll ever get it done, though. :P