New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: The GiantitpAnime Fans' Visual Novel

I wasn't offended. I am just bad at the politeness thing, i merely meant to say that i wouldn't want to be genderswapped for it.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I don't really know how big Arm Slaves are, but again, I'm okay with the combining mecha angle.

Um. Online persona.

...Is this more of a "how do other people see me" kind of thing? If so, I suppose I need input from others here. I mean, I realize everything will be exaggerated once this actually starts.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

By online persona I mean, "how do you think you act and behave on the forums?".

Any other suggestions on the nature of the enemy that we fight?

Also, check the OP for changes. Tengu and Nerdo have been completely swapped, and Cubey's entry has been added.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    I wasn't offended. I am just bad at the politeness thing, i merely meant to say that i wouldn't want to be genderswapped for it.
    Offense is the wrong word. I didn't mean to push any buttons, or whatever. Bah, you know what I mean, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I don't really know how big Arm Slaves are, but again, I'm okay with the combining mecha angle.
    Arm Slaves are about the same size as low-end Knightmare Frames, which is to say a bit bigger than something like Ripley's loader from Aliens. The 'body' part is just big enough to serve as a cockpit, no larger.

5. - Top - End - #65

Sonuvacrap. Now I'm totally, absolutely going to do Tengu's route. Curse you and your writing ability/idea, 13_CBS!!!

And tengu's going to do... his own route? Huh. Fits him I guess...
    Last edited by Fri; 2009-09-07 at 10:33 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

KnightDisciple: For a size reference, here's an arm slave:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/full_m...ic/c011/8.html

They're a bit bigger than I thought they were, so I think I might make them a bit smaller.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

In the books they are around 26 feet tall, differing a bit between models. Which makes them significantly smaller than, say, Gundams, but still substantially larger than power armors.

8. - Top - End - #68

Too few routes! Are you trying to create a coherent work of fiction or a hilarious trainwreck, here?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

BOTH! A HA HA HA HA

There's 3 routes already. You want more? It'll REALLY be a trainwreck if we try more, I think.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    BOTH! A HA HA HA HA

There's 3 routes already. You want more? It'll REALLY be a trainwreck if we try more, I think.
    Well, if you're trying for a real finished product three should be plenty, I guess. I'm just thinking of Haruhi-chan again. And of maximizing the embarrassing situations we drop our fictional avatars in to.
    Last edited by kamikasei; 2009-09-07 at 10:54 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    And of maximizing the embarrassing situations we drop our fictional avatars in to.
    Oh, there will be plenty of that.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Um. Online persona.

...Is this more of a "how do other people see me" kind of thing? If so, I suppose I need input from others here. I mean, I realize everything will be exaggerated once this actually starts.
    I presume it's just your usual behaviour online. With, which me, I guess means a tendency to talk very rarely (I'm, before all, a lurker, really. I prefer listening to people than actually talking myself), but when I do, it can go on for VERY long. I've had posts that were supposed to be two paragraphs in the beginning end up breaking the character limit .

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

A few more things before I go...

Drascin: Chief Engineer, loves fixing all the big robots. Still not sure about a personality at the moment...

Terraoblivion: Passionate mecha research scientist. Usually quiet and aloof, but very strongly believes that big mechs are for the benefit of everyone. Also very curious and loves doing research. A teacher at the setting's school, she has a tendency to go on very long rants about mecha and how they're designed to protect the innocent and punish the wrongdoers.

I bet a lot of you have been wondering who the hero is. I was the same, until just now...the hero shall be none other than the progenitor of this whole crazy project, FRI!

And now I retreat to mull some more.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

I resent being shipped with Cubey. What is the point of heterosexual ships that don't involve the main character in such games, anyway? Instead, I suggest a much better option - as a female character I finally have chance with Terra-oneesama! Gunbuster music optional.

As for my character, remember to add my tendency to disturb people, or at least Nerdo - although how that would work with a highly idealistic character, I have no idea, maybe it should be ununtentional. It's also worth noting that I tend to downplay my illness in order not to worry my friends. Last but not least, I'm almost as lazy as Terra.

Cubey needs to be emo. Emo and tsundere.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Okay, tsundere commander works for me. Although more on the snarky-perfectionist-but-I-really-love-you-guys line than the flipping between violent and nice depending on what immature sexual comment has been made about me type, please.

Also, I can't really advise the situation with Terra, because her/Rutee is my OTP and Rutee isn't in this game.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Geez, if this is what happens I should have told you guys my crazy dream.

I'd ask what kind of minor role I might get, but I'm a little frightened of where "didn't hate Gundam SEED Destiny" will get me.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

The annoying rival who thinks he's the main character but constantly gets embarassingly shot down by the real (boring, invincible) protagonist, maybe?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    The annoying rival who thinks he's the main character but constantly gets embarassingly shot down by the real (boring, invincible) protagonist, maybe?
    Unknown Rival?

Hmm... what if I start off as an antagonist with a prototype mech from the same line as the main one... which, in a subversion, turns out to be much weaker than it with almost no weapons? After a run of bad luck I eventually join forces with the good guys, and my mech combines with theirs as... a Scrander (not a very fast one, but given the way the main mech is piloted, still rather insanely useful). That's probably too much though...

The mech needs a name. With "Oh" in it.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2009-09-07 at 12:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

As the crazy, hammy villain type, I sincerely doubt you'd actually want an accurate depiction of my actual online personality (which is generally pretty boring, to tell the truth. I don't tend to really try and make an "online persona" for myself, so it's just me) Saying that, if you do- a fairly gnomic character, given to sarcasm and understatement, even in battle. Thus, despite his towering enthusiasm for it (and I do enjoy a good scrap), in battle he favors short quips rather than epic speeches. For bonus points, tends to refer to the hero as "boyo" or "my boy". Sample, from the opening exchange of banter:

Quote Originally Posted by Evil!Rogue 7
    Well, my boy. That's a fine looking mech you've got there. In the hands of a competent pilot, you might even be able to scratch my paint. But I shall indulge you, boyo. Come, let us fight!
    When he's actually in trouble:

Gah! Not bad, boyo. You just might make this interesting.
    And when he loses:

What?....But...how? Impossible....
    For looks- make him grotesque. I'm still a bit of a Warhammer 40K fan, so maybe have a few mutations in place of normal limbs, a la a true chaos cultist. Tentacles or gaseous, bulbous things work equally well.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    I was just describing Shinn, really.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Banned

That would ruin all the humor Tengu. You and Cubey have to be a potential couple and that would be ruined if you used this opportunity to go for me instead.

And i definitely wouldn't mind if we import Rutee for this, just to get me a love interest.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

That would ruin all the humor Tengu. You and Cubey have to be a potential couple and that would be ruined if you used this opportunity to go for me instead.

And i definitely wouldn't mind if we import Rutee for this, just to get me a love interest.
    Your forgetting, aren't we both companions and rivals in love~?
    Last edited by Poison_Fish; 2009-09-07 at 01:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue 7 View Post
    Saying that, if you do- a fairly gnomic character, given to sarcasm and understatement, even in battle. Thus, despite his towering enthusiasm for it (and I do enjoy a good scrap), in battle he favors short quips rather than epic speeches.
    Hmm...what about both? In normal battles, he's calm, cool, and occasionally sarcastic to boost the morale of his men. But when the hero starts eroding his confidence, his hammineses manifests.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue 7
    For looks- make him grotesque. I'm still a bit of a Warhammer 40K fan, so maybe have a few mutations in place of normal limbs, a la a true chaos cultist. Tentacles or gaseous, bulbous things work equally well.
    I'm envisioning a charmingly grotesque man: tall, lean, and very bishonen, but part of his face is fashionably demonically malformed, and under his majestic crimson cloak he hides multiple, well-muscled arms. Heck, his cloak could be well-groomed, handsome demon wings or something.

...something not too unlike a demonic Il-Palazzo

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Hmm... what if I start off as an antagonist with a prototype mech from the same line as the main one... which, in a subversion, turns out to be much weaker than it with almost no weapons? After a run of bad luck I eventually join forces with the good guys, and my mech combines with theirs as... a Scrander (not a very fast one, but given the way the main mech is piloted, still rather insanely useful). That's probably too much though...
    What's a Scrander? As for your actual role, I think I can fit something in...maybe as Rogue's Dragon/right hand man?

Okay, tsundere commander works for me. Although more on the snarky-perfectionist-but-I-really-love-you-guys line than the flipping between violent and nice depending on what immature sexual comment has been made about me type, please.
    I wouldn't dream of doing it any other way.

Also, I can't really advise the situation with Terra, because her/Rutee is my OTP and Rutee isn't in this game.
    I'll add Rutee when I can, but I don't know Rutee very well, sadly...he'll have to post his online persona here and give me something to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    I resent being shipped with Cubey.
    Ah, but the masses demand it.

What is the point of heterosexual ships that don't involve the main character in such games, anyway?
    Eh...it adds a little flavor to the mix, I find.

Instead, I suggest a much better option - as a female character I finally have chance with Terra-oneesama! Gunbuster music optional.
    Hmm...I'll think on it.

Cubey needs to be emo. Emo and tsundere.
    Done and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Poison_Fish View Post
    Your forgetting, aren't we both companions and rivals in love~?
    Speaking of which, I need to find a way to put you in the game, Poison Fish.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2009-09-07 at 02:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Really, I don't know what sort of personality I could say I have. I'm usually a jokester who wears shipping goggles. But I often just don't post much. Side character for sure, unless your involving former board members here.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    I'll add Rutee when I can, but I don't know Rutee very well, sadly...he'll have to post his online persona here and give me something to work with.
    Rutee is both female and permabanned. She's...Konata. At least as far as online persona. Anyone who knows her disagree with me here?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Poison_Fish View Post
    Really, I don't know what sort of personality I could say I have. I'm usually a jokester who wears shipping goggles. But I often just don't post much. Side character for sure, unless your involving former board members here.

Comic relief, then? Team mascot, even? ("So check out this rare fish I found. I heard it's really poisonous...")

Rutee is both female and permabanned. She's...Konata. At least as far as online persona. Anyone who knows her disagree with me here?
    Alright...what about being someone's Dead Little Sister?
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2009-09-07 at 02:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

No, Konata is a fairly good description of her online persona. Of course more nuances appear when you get to know her better, but saying that she is Konata should be plenty. She also used to have an avatar of Konata dressed up as Klan Klan which would be an obvious basis for art of her. Specifically looking like this. Wouldn't know where to find the full picture.

Oh and a few more things about me. I am really clumsy most of the time and wear glasses, the most awesome, bright red glasses ever.
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2009-09-07 at 02:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Oh and a few more things about me. I am really clumsy most of the time and wear glasses, the most awesome, bright red glasses ever.
    ...your personality fits an idealistic, Dojikko scientist so much it's frightening.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Banned

Yeah, it actually does get pretty fun at times. Though my ability to obsess about tea, chocolate and food in general probably does less so.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

No, that just makes you cuter. Like Setsuko's sweet tooth in SRWZ being the cutest thing about her that doesn't involve horrible emotional torture.
    Spoiler
    Show