New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2260 (IC)

To Sun God Church
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting. May we have a sample or fifty so we could perhaps help speed up the process.

Not that I care, but I had noticed that the bombs had to do with Spiritus. Do you have any idea about that?

To South African Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the consortium. We have heard of your war, and have indeed helped (under orders from the previous government). I wanted you to know that I wish to continue our mutual partnership
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

@ Sanguine
    Spoiler
    Show

We will provide a sample of the drug immediately.

And, unfortunately we know very little about the drug spiritus except that it is a hallucigenic street drug. Though it seems that the so-called theocracy has purchased up a large reserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

About those Missiles...

Archbishop Ibrahim adresses reporters on the steps of the High Conclave building concerning Karagatan's apparent massive illegal sneak attack on Antarctica.

"Karagatan is a peaceful nation. Our charitable efforts around the world illustrate that, especially our recent forays in Africa and the Indian subcontinent. Our efforts to ensure that the NRE does not threaten the rest of Europe are similarly intended to ensure peace on Earth.

"Therefore, I felt the utmost pain and confusion yesterday morning when I read that missiles launched from my nation had struck Antarctica, one of our neighbors and trade partners. I immediately contacted the Ministry of Defense to explain themselves. They informed me that the missiles were launched by infiltrators into the base. It appears that the base's security had been compromised for some time; while our scientists are aware of the drug Spiritus, we have never manufactured it in large enough quantities to load so many missiles with. Nor, for that matter, have we ever loaded missiles with it. Should the High Conclave authorize it, we will release internal documents from the Ministry of Medicine and the Ministry of Defense proving these facts.

"Clearly, those responsible for this tragedy are skilled, ruthless, and without the slightest compassion for the two innocent nations that they have wronged, or the thousands of lives they have destroyed. No doubt some among you can name a few organizations that meet such criteria. We have evidence that one such faction was involved in the infiltration and attack: the Sanguine Consortium, that notorious den of pirates and spies.

"It is now obvious that we underestimated the threat that such groups pose. Space piracy is as much a risk to Earth as to the outer colonies, and should the High Conclave agree we will soon pass a bill to crack down on those who promote it, lest such monstrous crimes happen again - on Earth's soil or off it.

"Perhaps it seems that I blame the Consortium alone for this incident. Not so! We ourselves are to blame, for the lax security that allowed this event to happen. And I apologize to the people of Antarctica from the bottom of my heart, that your brothers and sisters were murdered using our weapons. In the name of God, I swear that they will be avenged.

"And furthermore, it is important to note that the Consortium is a mercenary enterprise. They do not care where their bloodstained money comes from, as long as it reaches their hands. Therefore, I surmise that the Consortium was hired to commit this crime by another organization. The transhuman population of Antarctica was the main victim in this attack, and the attack was made so as to discredit Karagatan - we, who have recently decried prejudice against those who don't fit into the standard view of humanity. I can think of one organization that hates non-standard sentient beings enough to commit such an atrocity. And I ask all the nations of the world to consider what organization that might be."

After his speech, the Archbishop enters the High Conclave for an emergency meeting regarding the strike.

Peacekeeping

Even while the emergency meeting remains in session, occasional bits of legislature come floating out. The first is the aforementioned reconstruction funding for Antarctica, followed narrowly by a large increase in funding for charity and conversion efforts in Eastern Europe. The Ministry of Charity's website doubles and then quadruples its estimated budget for the year, before replacing the entire budget page with "To be determined."

Karagatan orbital shuttles prove effective in delivering supplies to irradiated zones on the Indian subcontinent.

Rumors float out that Karagatan peacekeepers assisted North African soldiers in their most recent offensive. The Ministries of Charity and Defense put out a joint press release denying that peacekeepers were involved in taking ground but asserting that they successfully defended refugee camps from South African raiders. The release does not address questions about the Karagatan expeditionary fleet engaged in "routine exercises" ten miles offshore from the current North-South border.

Antarctica
    Spoiler
    Show
    We were not responsible for the strike. The facts are as the Archbishop explained in his speech. We are willing to give you any relevant documents to help prove this. Should you wish to psychically analyze the staff of the missile base or any and all military officials with the authority to command such a strike, you may.

As of now, rebuilding your capital is our highest charitable priority. If you are willing to accept our aid, we will begin reconstruction and medical efforts immediately. All of our charitable infrastructure that isn't currently involved in Africa, Eastern Europe, or India is available to help.

If you do not want our direct aid, we are still willing to fund all rebuilding efforts. May God bless you in your time of trouble.

CNSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congratulations on the success of your unification efforts, Prime Minister. We only wish they had come at a happier time in world events.

We were not behind the attack on Antarctica. We are willing to release any relevant documentation to prove this; if they wish, we will also aid in the reconstruction efforts.

However, we reject calls for a penalty. We are not at fault, but we will do our best to make up for the evil that was done with our resources. There is no need for punishment above and beyond this.

Sanguine Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Explain. Now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

4. - Top - End - #274

The Steel Rose Society defends the Karagatan Republic

Steel Rose Society Chairman Josef Weaver defends the Karagatan Republic's aggressive actions toward Antarctica in a speech today.

"Look, I'll be frank. The Kargs are not a warlike nation or religion. There is little reason they would unleash their arsenal on the Antarctic Republic. I suspect that they have been framed, and I can confirm that they do not seek war. I hereby call for an investigation into the true force behind this despicable attack on the Antarctic Republic.

And if any nation declares war on either the Kargs OR the Antarctic, know that the Society will bring it's full power to force upon the aggressor.

The Society will also bring as much aid as we can to the Republic. In fact, we propose to rebuild Antarctica's capital with a gleaming Technopolis!"

@Sayn
    Spoiler
    Show

Immediately begin streaming aid to the Antarctic Republic, and if allowed, send workers to start building a Technopolis in the Republic's capital. Send troops as well, though, to stave off any more attacks from EITHER side.

CNSA
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome back to the world stage, South America. Would the Confederacy like a deal? We would like to offer to build you a Technopolis, which I'm sure you know of by now. It can be situated anywhere you desire.

In return, we would like one simple thing. For you to support our stance that the Karagatan Republic is innocent of the attack on Antarctica, and for you to aid us in finding the true perpetrator.

Is it a deal?
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Onboard the Wolfgrim

Watching the news, Guildmistress Christiana blinked. "Hmmm" she turned to a nearby crewman "Did we authorize an attack on Karagtan?"

The crewman, Chief Austin Williams, paused and brought up mission reports "Well lets see" he began muttering "Pirate attack, drug dealing, nothing this extensive though"
    "Oh" Christiana sat back and huffed "Damn it, I wish we had, that was some good work"

A diferent crewman looked up from his station, he was Chief Ramirez, "ma'am, message from the Karag's"
    "Understood"

To karagtan
    Spoiler
    Show
    I must apologize for this attack. Though it wasn't us (not that you'll believe me, and rightly so) we did apparently allow this to happen. If we cause entropy, I want to be payed for it.

Well, we weren't paid, and- Shut up Chief Williams, can't you see I'm talking!?

We weren't paid and some one is framing us. I will be finding out who. If you feel the need to hunt us down, then we WILL do some damage to you
    Last edited by Greystone; 2009-10-04 at 09:34 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

UAL to Papal State
    Spoiler
    Show
    That seems satisfactory. We have several factories in Russia that you may use. Under supervision, of course.

North Africa to Papal State
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed. And we fully intend to take the Cape by the end of the year. Be sure to send a representative to the party we'll hold there after the war.

South Africa to Sanguine Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sadly, it would not do to have you help us. Even if you managed to pulls us away from the brink of destruction, your involvement might get out to other nations. And as things stand now, we would most likely suffer some rather harsh consequences from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

7. - Top - End - #277

Planetar

Karagatan

Spoiler
    Show

Very well, we will see what evidence you can provide for us. While I am not entirely sure who to believe, we will support your endeavors to discover who was behind this attack.

Steel Rose Society

Spoiler
    Show

We will consider your offer. In the meantime, we will hold off our desire for justice upon Karagatan.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The Ceremonies Begin!

Osaka:
    Doing their best to adjust seating and speaking arrangements to changing circumstances, placeing, for instance, the Karatignian delegation as far from their Antarctic counterparts as possible, and making room for the South Americans, Nippon hosts a grand festival in Osaka. The delegates are lead by dancers and drummers along a cobblestone street lined with cheery trees to plain tables scattered, according, one assumes, to some Zen Buhddist plan, a broad open garden. There, Prime Minister Watenabe, a short, carefully dressed man with small spectacles circles each table to greet each and every ambassodor personally, and with much bowing. Finally he finishs his circuit and takes his position at the far end of the garden.

As he speaks, images spring up behind him, appearently projected onto thin air, The images are abstract things that have nevertheless been skillfully created so that the slowly shifting forms subconciously match the words of his speech. Although he speaks in Nipponese, the tiny translator earbuds handed to each guest plays the speech in their native tongue. Greetings most honorable guests! I am honored to have gathered before me, many representatives of the world's, nay, the System's greatest powers, national or otherwise.

This occasion should be a joyous one but, many regrets, it is not. The very dishonorable attack on the Antarctic capital, the sudden loss of contact with our bretheren on the second planet. War in the African continent.

This event was planned as a celebration for our, the Nipponese, honor as we entered again contact with the world. But the circumstances demand more. Therefore, I would like to offer this stage to each leader that they might... debate.

First I would like to invite the Karatignian representative to the front, to justify the actions of his nation.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

To JJ OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you invite the Consortium?

To South Africa
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, if you wish we could refer some other merc groups that could help you out. We show loyalty to our customers after all

TO CNSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the consortium. We know the pressures of being a new nation. We would like to offer you any assistence you may require from mostly legal to cloak and dagger

Here is hoping we can do buisness

- SurlySeraph

10. - Top - End - #280

Planetar

Sanguine Consortium

Spoiler
    Show

Obviously, recent events have raised questions about your organization, though we are uncertain as to the truth of them. That said, suspicion does not prove guilt, and we appreciate your offer of services. For better or for worse, we do not currently require your expertise, though we will be certain to contact if we require your particular brand of knowledge

Likewise, here's to good business.

-Santiago Rivera
    Prime Minister of the CNSA

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Osaka

Archbishop Ibrahim climbs the stage. While the young cleric looks exhausted - jet lag and 23 hours in emergency meetings will do that to a man - there is passion in his voice as he speaks in fluent Japanese.

"I would like to thank the honorable Prime Minister for taking time from his nation's celebration to address world events. No gesture could better demonstrate Japan's desire to improve the world's affairs than this.

"As for justification, my government has done nothing that needs to be justified. It appears that a vile conspiracy sought to harm Antarctica, and to use our infrastructure to do so. We bear no more guilt than a man whose property was stolen and used in a crime. If we have done wrong, it is in failing to prevent this atrocity, not in committing it. Before I left -"

The archbishop fumbles in his robes and takes out a sheet of paper. He blinks at it, as if not entirely believing what it says

"Before I left, the High Conclave ordered me to make this offer to the world. 'We call upon all the nations of the world to help us track down those responsible for this monstrous sin against the innocent people of Antarctica. The home nation of the individual or team who proves who was responsible for this crime may purchase any goods from Karagatan... at cost... for twelve months after they have proved the identity of the culprit.'"

The archbishop rubs his eyes with one hand. A fully awake man would probably make sure to clarify that such an excessively generous offer wasn't a joke. Ibrahim seems to just accept it, and moves on.

"Furthermore, we are willing to pay for any expenditures incurred in identifying the faithless criminals who did this deed, and for any military expenditures involved in bringing them to justice."

Ibrahim looks around at the audience, his fatigue obvious. "We have also resolved to pay the full cost of reconstruction efforts in Antarctica, including any medical or psychiatric treatment for the survivors and their families. We will pay full restitution for the families of all those who the fiends behind this tragedy murdered. Considering these measures, I don't think there can be any further debate over whether we have good intentions towards Antarctica and towards the world."

The Marshall Islands

With Ibrahim abroad, Archbishop for Finance Peter Manasan presides over the High Conclave's emergency meeting as it enters its 30th hour. A bill to condemn space piracy has been tabled, and three bills to fund military ventures against the Sanguine Consortium have died in committee. While a significant fraction of the Archbishops are asleep in their seats, Manasan appears fully awake as he continues to push legislation through, his possibly-robotic features not showing a bit of strain.

Several thousand pages of internal documents are sent off to Antarctica and the CNSA, illustrating that Karagatan did not have the quantities of Spiritus available to load the missiles with, that the missiles in question were supposed to be loaded with high explosives, and that the missiles in question were supposed to be tracking unidentified ships rather than aimed at the Antarctic continent. Several hundred hours of surveillance camera footage from the base follow, along with autopsies, MRIs, and genetic analysis of the corpses of the attackers. The entire staff of the missile base, and a dozen officers with authority over the base, are placed under house arrest. A large investigative team begins sweeping the base for clues as to how the base was infiltrated.

Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're willing to accept your claims, for now. If you can prove who was responsible for this catastrophe, we will forgive you unconditionally. If not, then we will not.

You may, however, keep your payment for your involvement in our peacekeeping operations in Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

12. - Top - End - #282

Antarctic Republic

(*OOC: There is a new Janus, head of the eye is always called Janus)

Virtually the moment the trajectory of the missiles was calculated the Antarctic Republic had activated it's defence protocols. The submarine fleet and High Altitude bombers enforcing a defensive perimeter around the continent expecting a Karg attack. As the minutes ticked away and turned into hours the situation in the war room was tense. Consul Asad was deliberating via live vids with the mayors of the free cities and High councillor Albright was leading an emergency session of the council of three, the new Janus standing close to his side urging for restraint.

"This is not the Karagatan mode of operations. Why strike without a follow up, we are no danger to them. If anything, someone else is behind it. Karagatan counter intelligence is terrible, even the eyes have no trouble slipping in and out at will."

Offers of aid were flooding in and communiques were drawn up for all friendly powers, to ask them for help if the worst happened, but just before they were ready to call in their friends one of the mayors suddenly interupted.

"Turn on the news, quickly. Archbishop Ibrahim of Karagatan is holding a speech."

The war room and council were mesmerised by his words of peace. Asad was first to speak, his eyes on the verge of tears, but his face revealing those were tears of joy.

"Thank the gods...it wasn't our brothers..."

"We can't be sure of that." said one of the mayors. "We need proof."

"What more proof do you need", Asad Growled at him, "They are offering to fully pay damages and provide aid to the victims."

"If anything," Janus added, "They are accepting responsibility for their counter intelligence failure."

The discussion did not take long to reach a conclusive end. An hour later Mark Albright was ready to announce their governments position to the world.

Antarctic News Network Special

Live we are about to go to Mark Albright, chairman of the Antarctic council and high councillor of the mind.

"The attacks on the Sunless Citadel are the gravest tragedy we have suffered for a long time. We are saddened by the loss of life and the deliberate nature of this attack, targetting the population of the Antarctic surface. Our thoughts go out to their families and friends and we hope solice can be found.

Initial reports have indeed been confirmed the origin of this attack to come from Karagatan. Our nation is however founded upon a singular tradition, do no harm to those who do no harm. In the spirit of that we will not place blame on anyone. Karagatan has claimed others were responsible and has made no further hostile actions, our intelligence seems to confirm this and we will be collaborating with others to find the treu culprit.

Still the lack of security at Karagatan missile sites is lamentable. We are therefore glad that the Karagatan government has taken responsibility and has offered to repay any damages suffered to our nation due to this attack, but more importantly to provide restitution to the victims.

For now this is all. Our emergency teams are collaborating with those giving aid in the capitol and we will soon let you know the results."

---------------------------------------------

@Karagatan
    Spoiler
    Show
    We believe you did not do this, but will indeed need proof as to who did. We welcome your offers of reconstruction aid and reparations. Our airfields have been opened to your personel providing emergency aid.

We would like to send a team of psychic investigators to your base in order to help find additional evidence.

Forgive me for such a brief message, after your kind offers, but this situation demands my full attention.

First Consul Asad, high councillor of the hand

PS: Though my government is not of this position yet, I hope that from these troubles our relations can grow and will allow a mutual security pact for the southern hemisphere once the smoke clears.

@CNSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear friends,

We welcome you as brothers in the Southern Hemisphere. Surely your willingness to uphold international law proves your good intentions and we wish your nation a long prosperous future.

We are gladdened by your offer to help us. We are willing to preserve the peace for now and allow Karagatan time to prove their innocence, but would nevertheless like to sign an alliance with you in case the only time Karagatan uses is time to prepare it's forces. We thus propose the "Southern Hemisphere Alliance for Defence and Economic Security" (SHADES).

Perhaps you can provide aid for the Southern Africans, preventing a Karagatan friendly North Africa from becoming a potential threat for the Souther Hemisphere.

We also welcome your emergency workers. Our airfields are open to them.

Kind Regards on behalf of the Antarctic Council,

Chairman Mark Albright,. High Councillor of the Mind
    First Consul Asad, High Councillor of the Hand

@UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Allies,

The unprovoked attack on our territory means we are likely in for worldwide conflict. Whilst we are giving Karagatan the benifit of the doubt, we would like to know if you are still with us if the true culprit is identified.

Regards

First Consul Asad, High Councillor of the Hand

@Papacy, MCU
    Spoiler
    Show

@Papacy: We would thank you for your offer of aid and will open our airfields to your personel seeking to help.

As for the investigation we also would welcome help to find the culprits. Thank you.

@ Both:
    Regarding Venus, we have long been worried about the clutch. Their recent isolationism prompted us to infiltrate them with our agents to prevent them from doing something everyone would regret. Unfortunatly only a handfull agents had allready been placed amids their ranks and in relatively unimportant positions. We have not heard from them since... We are assembling a research and investigation team to find our what happened. If you have personel in the Area we would welcome the help.

Perhaps we should have a regiment of the stellar marine corps on standby just in case...

@Japan
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are unfortunatly not able to send a high placed delegation at this time. We hope you forgive us, but just as the attack happened we had to cancel our leaders outgoing flights. Our best wishes still go out to you and we hope a state visit can be organised in the comming month.

Regards,

High Coucillor Mark Albright

--------------------

Venus Colony

On the Venus colony there was an instant shock at the loss of contact with the Clutch. Calls for a quick reconaissance into what happened were drowned amids the attacks by Karagatan, but the local eye chapter was quickly assembling a search team non the less.

@Sayn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Several Stealth Cruisers are placed into cloaked orbit over venus. They will help as orbital support for a search teams send into the Clutch's former capitol building.

The search team consists mostly of mundane surfacers, with a number of eye psychics to assist them. All wear biohazard space suits with contained atmospheres. One cyber-psychic is send along, ready to plug into Clutch security systems and use his psychic powers and cyber implants to rapidly scan and analyse any important files, or open secure area's for other members of the search teams.

The teams are authorised to call in orbital strikes from the cruisers on any they encounter at their discretion if they are threatened. They also carry search and resque equipment and heavy side-arms.

A regiment of the Stellar Marine Corps has been requested as on standby.
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-10-05 at 06:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Papacy, Antarctic
    Spoiler
    Show
    I concur.

We can have one Womb-class transport ready for departure within hours, if need be.

But first, what the hell happened down there? We've had reports of missiles and chemical weapons? Who is responsible for this?

14. - Top - End - #284

UNE to AR
    Spoiler
    Show
    We shall stand by you, if indeed it was Karagatan that attacked you. Such actions must not be tolerated.

@The search party on Venus
    Spoiler
    Show
    The halls are strangely empty when they arrive. While you have little prior knowledge of their architecture, the buildings certainly seem... altered. Many of them are partially covered with a strange, silver-metallic substance. The computers seem to hold no answers as to what this horrific thing is. Indeed, they don't work at all. Most of them are completely covered in the substance.
    Last edited by Sayn; 2009-10-05 at 09:19 AM.
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

15. - Top - End - #285

The search party on Venus (MCU, Papacy, Sayn)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The search party broadens it's search and is authorised to call down dropships from the Womb class carrier carrying the stellar marine regiment. Their objective will be to expand the search and secure the area.The AR support staff members of the regiment are wearing biohazard suits and equipment similar to the search teams.

One of the teams recovers samples of the silvery substance and takes them to a science vessel in orbit used as a laboratory facility. Readings on the research are spead to science facilities all over the republic for proper analysis and rapid knowledge of what happened.

16. - Top - End - #286

The search party
    Spoiler
    Show
    The silvery substance was not so easily contained. It ate through the test-tubes on the way up, and began spreading. Nano machines confirm a growing suspicion: the substance is a form of nanobots. And they are spreading fast. All ships and stations who received a sample is now infected, and it's targeting all forms of technology. Infiltrating, consuming, reproducing and infecting humans. Humans with no implants or nanobots in their system seem to be left alone by the substance. It's mockingly called the Metallic Plague, or the Machine Plague.

17. - Top - End - #287

The search party on Venus (MCU, Papacy, Sayn)

Spoiler
    Show
    Down on the surface panic was spreading, the cyber-psychic had been the first to be succombed by the plague. Mayor Altman, the ranking of the none psychic team called for them to take shelter in the dropship beside them. "It will buy us some time at least." Around them the robotic members of the regiment were starting to see the effects of the plague.

"Compile a damage report." Mayor Aldman opened a comm channel to the robotic command staff from the MCU aboard the Womb class ship. "Has your ship been infected? Withhold any dropships boarding you! Do not send down any more troops!"

The psychics with the research teams did all they could to try and shield their robot counterparts, using psychic cloaks to hide them, somacurative skills to seek to dis-assemble (inflicting wounds) upon the nanobots, or simply trying to Electrocute them with their biofields.

---------

The crew of the science vessel "Plato" in orbit over Venus had just seen the dropship with the infection come in. Placing her under red alert her captain realised it was only a matter of time before they too would be consumed. Unfortunatly an emergency landing was out of the question, the Plato was not designed for athmospheric re-entry. Doing the only thing they could the dozen or so scientists aboard began to record all data they could on the nanobots before their equipment failed, to be transmitted back to Earth Labs.

One of them, a biologist psychic, decided to risk something else. If they would not attack biological species maybe that could be their salvation. Picking them up with his bare hands he filled his mouth with them and swallowed, all the while using all of his mental skills to conduct future pathways in his mind...and recording them for Earth.

18. - Top - End - #288

@ Antartic Republic

The Church expresses its deep sorrow at the tragedy that has struck your nation and we will offer you any aid we can provide in order to restore the Sunless Citadel to its former glory.

@ Sayn
    Spoiler
    Show

Since the effects of the bombs included a massive psionic discharge and increased the power of many psionicsts it appears to mirror the effects of the psiclone. The Church is going to carefully audit its records of psiclone samples and see who accessed any data documents about it.

@ Japan

Grandmaster Borghese himself will attend to represent the Church of the Sun God at the world conference in Osaka.
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

19. - Top - End - #289

Search party one Venus: Sayn, Wizard and Puppy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aboard the Womb-class ship, "Tavern II"

"Roger that, ground-team. Withholding landing clearance for all incoming dropships.

Negative on the infection, our systems are fine. No dropships have arriced yet.

Punching numbers on his keyboard, issuing a command to the Comm-operator beside, he resumed his transmission to Ground-team.

"We've got confirmed reports from Marine Teams Alpha One and Alpha Two - all infected. What's left of them are waiting in the dropships outside Clutch facilities. Lost connection to them, though.

Delta One and Two are still in orbit, and we've ordered a full hold.

How's it down there, boys?
    "

20. - Top - End - #290

@Japan
    SRS Chairman Weaver will represent the Society at the Osaka conference. Accompanying him will be two Pandoran Whitecoats in service to the Society. If allowed, they will be armed. If not allowed, they will not be armed.

@Sayn
    Spoiler
    Show

Begin a secret investigation into the true force behind the missile attack on Antarctica. Focus on the NRE and the Church of the Sun-God.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

21. - Top - End - #291

@LongVin
    Spoiler
    Show
    The drug didn't increase their power, they simply went berserk. Hallucinogens usually comes with a lack of control, especially when as powerful as Spiritus. The psychics lost their control over their own abilities, that's all.

@The search party. (To all involved, of course.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the infected ships lose control over their engines. The Plague must be eating away at the systems, and now it's speeding away at max thrust. The speed exceeds what humans could survive, which means the controls must be broken. The ship disappears in the confusion.

22. - Top - End - #292

The search party (MCU, papacy, Sayn)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Blue shuttle, come in...blue shuttle do you copy...blue shuttle this is ARC Suharto, what is your location?" The Suharto had decloaked and was speeding after the lost dropship hailing it on all frequencies, gunports open. The four cruisers in orbit over Venus had just received orders to blocked the planet and destroy any ships trying to break the blockade to prevent the infection spreading. Mere seconds after receiving the order they had lost contact with blue shuttle.

Meanwhile on the ground the crews were hard working to maintain some form ofm communications. Frequencies kept changing and the static was drasticly increasing.

"it's bad down here...Mechanicals dropping all around. Electronic equipment being infected. Hoping our biosuits will hold. Is there a solution yet."

The channel was interruped by the science ship.

"Negative, we're falling apart, hope earth has some use for the data."

"ARC Plato, this is ARC Prime we may have a solution, if the MCU will help us. How big is the cargo hold in their Womb Class carrier and does it have tractor fields or another means to place you in stasis. We're uploading details."

Data is uploaded to the MCU to show how the small science vessel could be contained in a forcefield, floating in a large open bay inside one of their ships.

"This will place them in isolation, but will allow them to continue work on a cure by providing measurements for our science centers back home. Some-one placed this on that planet, and unless we find a cure your entire civilization is in Jeopardy."
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-10-05 at 01:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Metal Plague Crisis, Venus: Sayn, Puppy and Wizard
    Spoiler
    Show
    ""Tavern II" reporting in.

Confirmed, we can lock the ship inside a magnetic pulse wave, and keep anything in there isolated. Problem is, any data stored on magnetic strips would be ruined. So hurry up and get the data transmitted!

Shall we engage the Pulser Ray?"

As the Womb-class carrier moved into position of the science vessel, two pods ejected from the ship, and set off in the direction of the malfunctioning vessel in an attempt to track it's route.
    Last edited by Edwin; 2009-10-05 at 01:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294

Metal Plague Crisis, Venus: Sayn, Puppy and Edwin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "ARC Prime giving confirmation to Tavern II, the plato's data stream is continuous but slowly decaying, bring them in. We will keep recording as long as possible. Most of the data they can get out is out. Aditional data collected by the researchers will need creative means of getting to us, but there are some psychics aboard, so that could be our solution."
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-10-05 at 02:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Expansion of Castle Hohenwerfen

The Church has recently announced plans for an ambitious expansion of Castle Hohenwerfen. Aside from general renovations it will be the first widescale work conducted on the castle since its acquisition by the Church.

Construction on an astronomical observatory is slated to begin construction very shortly at the castle. The Observatory will be one of the largest in Europe and it is the hope of the Church that it will help all of mankind continue to unlock the mysteries of the universe.

@Sayn
    Spoiler
    Show

The building of the observatory is just a cover project to hide the construction of a massive computer warfare center within the Castle. It will house a state of the art communications suite designed to probe as much of the solar systems communications and systems as possible.

At its heart will be a massive mainframe computer dedicated solely to decrypting codes and processing information. This mainframe will be disconnected from all outside computers so it can not be accessed remotely and will be kept in a sealed room with top of the line security(pressure sensors on the floor, thermal imaging) and guarded around the clock by psionic strong members of Grandmasters honor guard

Aid arrives in the Antartic Republic

Hundreds of volunteers arrive aboard aircraft chatered by the Church. They bring with them food, medicine and construction supplies. All eager to do their part to help rebuild the Sunless Citadel...and of course spread the faith on the side.
    Last edited by LongVin; 2009-10-05 at 02:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Metal Plague Crisis, Venus: Sayn, Puppy and Wiz'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirmation received, initiating the magnetic field.

Pulling the vessel inside the carrier ports of the Womb-class, a field is established around the ship, blocking everything and anything inside it.

Ship's onboard, you're welcome to come and see what you can do. My men are not getting anywhere near that ship. "Tavern II", over and out.

27. - Top - End - #297

The lost ship (Sayn, Puppy and Edwin)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This is the ARC Suharto, we've lost blue shuttle."

A secure channel opens to all with the proper clearance codes.

"ARC Prime directive to all ARC ships, find blue shuttle identification 'ARC Plato: Blue'. Destroy if encountered. Requesting similar action by other SPECRA nations."

Metal Plague Crisis, Venus: Sayn, Puppy and Edwin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those psychics onboard the Womb class ship as part of the stellar marine regiment gather near the bay which has the isolated science vessel locked inside it. They establish contact with the psychic scientist aboard to try and set up a psychic data link to get the research data off the science vessel and continue the research.

The scientists onboard will try and use psychic analytical techniques nto continue if their other research equipment fails. Forming meditative circles around the silvery substance to try and find out more and it it is vulnerable to anything the psychics have with them, including their powers.

Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-10-05 at 02:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Metal Plague Crisis, Venus: Sayn, Pup and Wiz'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is "Tavern II" for all SPECTRA ships in the vicinity of Venus, we're ordering the immediate pull-out of all mechanical personnel belonging to MCU, including psychic-robot merge Troops. Any humans are welcome to join us en route to Earth.

We'll stay standby for confirmation of full pull out by ARC Prime.

The Lost Ship, Secure Channel; Sayn, Pup and Wiz'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Tavern II" for ARC Prime: We've already sent two pods in pursuit, and we're deploying a battlecruiser as we speak.

May luck grants us success, for the consequences would be to dire to contemplate.

29. - Top - End - #299

Metal Plague Crisis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing you have seems to be able to affect the Plague. Psionics showed no effect at all, and every tool used to try and kill it only worked for a short while. The nanobots seem to be extremely adaptive, quickly changing themselves to cope with anything that attacks it. At least, that's how it's been so far. More research must be done.

Cold, however, showed some effect. It slows its progress down, not quite able to stop it. But slowing it down could buy you a lot of time.

The lost ship
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ship is soon found by the MCU ships, since they are able to accelerate at a higher rate than human-piloted ships. The ship is floating, seemingly dead in space. Small, silvery lines have already begun to show themselves on its hull. A quick scan also reveals that the escape pods have been launched. In what direction, you do not know.

30. - Top - End - #300

Metal Plague Crisis, Venus: Sayn, Pup and Edwin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This is ARC prime, we will keep our cruisers in Orbit, but feel free to pull out your ships for security. Our blockade needs to be maintained. Any of our ships that have melded personel will release melds and return the mechanicals on shuttlecraft to rendevous with your ships."

"ARC Suharto, confiming order."

"ARC Malay, confiming order."

"ARC Sidney, confiming order."

"ARC Java, confiming order."

(OOC: ARC stands for Antarctic Republic Command, ARC prime being central command.)
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-10-05 at 02:56 PM.