Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2260 (IC)

Return to Church O' Sungod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, we shall see what we can find
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

ENN Newscast:

"The war drags on the capital city of Relic, lies in a cloud off dust, skirmish continue throughout the rumble, however the Palace area seems to have remaind intact. In orbit, the Alpha has been boarding and it's guns have been disbabled, so other space nation near by need not worry about harm to their peoples. Saladin is return to earth to fight the final conflict, which is moving closer and closer to the Palace as the RSG lose more and more soilders. Estimated lose are at, moderate for the loyalist (20,000) and sereve for the RSG which now numer in the 10,000 of troops remaining having suffered nearly 40,000 causalties, it seems that they were no match for the number of troops that loyalist forces, brought with them. The newcaster, walks off screen and the camera goes black once more.

Near the front lines of battle(unfortunatly):

The Commissar urged a charge, and the front line rose upon their enemy and fell upon them like an shadow upon the night of a graveyard. Sound of screams were drowned out by constant fire, or the big guns, Orbital artillery, and full automatic rifle fire. Move, forward and crush your enemy! The Commissar yelled at his troops, as his rose his pistol and shot the back of a RSG who turned his back to take cover.

Aboard the Alpha Battlebarge:

Saladin walked calmly down the narrow hall towards the Grandmasters Hall, in which the Shaman King lay in wait for him. This was the battle for his Nation and he must win. Long ago the Shaman King, was corrupted by the taint of heretics, whom have been long since purged for this world and whos record lay in one of the many librarys, in a section long forgotten. When he was tainted, he drew to start a rebilion, and with that he was locked in the crystal tomb, and never to be awoken agian. Saladin strode toward the gaint doors and threw them open, and darkness reached out.

OOC: One of my best posts I think.
    Total War Forum
    "That is a low world opinion. Beyond mere hate. If the world found out where your base was, everyone would attack you immedietly." -razovor

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Answer to LongVin's letter, so it's equally as impossible for you guys to read. Sorry, but no peeking allowed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What these heretics do not realize is that we have made no single move towards the UNE. We do not plan to continue our expansion for now. We have learned to be more patient than the old Emperors.

From the office of the Inquisition.

NRE to the world

The God Emperor himself will now speak to the public regarding the alleged war against UNE.

A tall, strong-looking man with neatly cut hair and beard takes the stand.

"Today I wish to correct what seems to be a very common misinterpretation. We are not, nor do we desire to be, at war with the UNE."

He pauses and looks out over the crowd.

"We have only liberated Greece and Croatia from corrupt and incompetent leaders. We have no desire to hurt or kill their peoples."

After this he smiles broadly, and adds;

"In fact, we will extend a hand of friendship to the UNE. Perhaps we can make their blind and frightened leaders see that we only desire to create stability in this world. That is all for now."
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

SRS to UNE
    Spoiler
    Show

"Alright, that's fair enough. I haven't shown you what the Society can do. Tell you what: If, after Umberto's appeasement to you, with that speech, you still are determined to go to war with him, the Society will provide advanced arms, armor, supplies, and munitions for the armies of the UNE.

If it seems you are losing badly, and Umberto is overly expansionist, then we will show you just how we can stop Umberto, and my proposal is accepted by you. Fair enough?"

SRS Letter to Umberto, delivered by an "anonymous" (high-ranking, so of course he isn't known of) Pandoran Whitecoat in the society. Handwritten.

Spoiler
    Show

Dear Emperor Umberto

Emperor Umberto, I am Josef Weaver, master of the Steel Rose Society. I have heard your appeasement to the UNE, your claim that you do not wish to be at war with them. I'm a Pandoran, and my grandfather fought the first Umberto, so forgive my reluctance to believe you.

However, I am not Pandora itself, not yet, so I'll give you a chance. I hereby extend a hand of friendship from the SRS to the NRE and you, Umberto. Of course, my friendship is void if you attack the UNE, or any other state I am allied with.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I'd like to offer you a deal. The Steel Rose Society is one of the most technologically advanced factions in the entire solar system. There's no getting past that. But we do not have control over the places we influence. You, however, have that control. In exchange for a few technological projects of your choosing (military, perhaps?) we would like the knowledge, techniques, and aid of those in your government that ensure your people's fanatical loyalty towards you. Basically, we want to have so much influence over people, that they defect to the Society, creating a new state under our complete control. Do we have a deal?

A potential ally,
    Josef Weaver
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Karagatan to NRE

Archbishop Ibrahim replies to the God-Emperor's speech in his own public announcement.

"While I hope that the Emperor's words were earnest, I remain cautious."
    The emphasis Ibrahim puts on "Emperor" makes the omission of "God" glaringly obvious.

He continues:
    "Men may be redeemed, and also nations; my own country's history is not without violence. But our people would never demand, and the Conclave would never approve, an immoral invasion the likes of which the NRE has launched.

"I will not say that Emperor Umberto will act as his predecessors did. But it would be unwise to forget the past. And in the past, every time the NRE took up the sword of conquest they found it very hard to lay back down. The 'blind and frightened' leaders of the UNE certainly remember this, for their parents and grandparents drove the Romans from their soil by their own blood. There are still a few in my own country who recall our last military engagement with the NRE. They have no wish to repeat it, and God willing they will not have to."

The cleric pauses, then continues in a deliberate tone.

"Emperor willing they will not have to. I ask for proof of goodwill, Emperor. If you truly sought to liberate Greece and Croatia, liberate them. If you force them to remain in your empire, there can be no doubt that you wish to expand against the will of the world.

"If you refuse to take this step, which will cost your people nothing, we may have no choice but to suspend diplomatic relations."

To UNE, North Africa, and free nations in the Balkans
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure that you've been following recent developments carefully. We are concerned that you may be embroiled in any conflict that may ensue. We advise you to respond to any NRE challenges to your sovereignty aggressively; when Umberto realizes that your people won't just roll over and accept invasion, he'll call off his plans to attack.

Sayn (secret, shoo)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We aren't going to take too many precautions to make sure this message - or our previous one to the SRS offering to manufacture weapons for the UNE on their behalf - stays hidden from the NRE. We know they have the espionage to read it, let them.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2009-09-22 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

6. - Top - End - #156

His Worshipful Master speaks on the European Situation

"I would like to thank Emperor Umberto for his quick response to my questioning and explaining himself and his motives to the world at large.

I am gladdened to know that the NRE will not take any further terriotrial accquisitions by force and will work together with the rest of the nations of the world in peaceful cooperation and unity of cause.

I will be more than happy to greet his representative and the UNE delegation here at Castle Hohenwerfen so we may further discuss the peace of Europe and the world."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by RationalGoblin View Post
    SRS to UNE
    Spoiler
    Show

"Alright, that's fair enough. I haven't shown you what the Society can do. Tell you what: If, after Umberto's appeasement to you, with that speech, you still are determined to go to war with him, the Society will provide advanced arms, armor, supplies, and munitions for the armies of the UNE.

If it seems you are losing badly, and Umberto is overly expansionist, then we will show you just how we can stop Umberto, and my proposal is accepted by you. Fair enough?"

SRS Letter to Umberto, delivered by an "anonymous" (high-ranking, so of course he isn't known of) Pandoran Whitecoat in the society. Handwritten.

Spoiler
    Show

Dear Emperor Umberto

Emperor Umberto, I am Josef Weaver, master of the Steel Rose Society. I have heard your appeasement to the UNE, your claim that you do not wish to be at war with them. I'm a Pandoran, and my grandfather fought the first Umberto, so forgive my reluctance to believe you.

However, I am not Pandora itself, not yet, so I'll give you a chance. I hereby extend a hand of friendship from the SRS to the NRE and you, Umberto. Of course, my friendship is void if you attack the UNE, or any other state I am allied with.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I'd like to offer you a deal. The Steel Rose Society is one of the most technologically advanced factions in the entire solar system. There's no getting past that. But we do not have control over the places we influence. You, however, have that control. In exchange for a few technological projects of your choosing (military, perhaps?) we would like the knowledge, techniques, and aid of those in your government that ensure your people's fanatical loyalty towards you. Basically, we want to have so much influence over people, that they defect to the Society, creating a new state under our complete control. Do we have a deal?

A potential ally,
    Josef Weaver
    UNE to SRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That seems fair. We will, however, do our best to ensure that this war will not happen. Increased defenses along our borders will be the priority for now."

Answer to that letter, equally unreadable for others bla bla.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would seem that a deal between us would only be beneficial. Would it be possible for you to help us construct a space program? IF we could reach out into space I'm sure the blood lust of our people might be dissipated more easily. Give them something else to focus on.

Is this acceptable?

From the office of the Inquisition. (no name signature, but the letter was sealed with the imperial seal.)

Castle Hohenwerfen

The General Sergio Ricci from the NRE arrives at the Castle. He is, as usual, dressed entirely in his official uniform and has several guards with him.

The UNE delegate is the current chairman of their council, Charles Hill. He is wearing a black suit, with neatly cut hair and hard blue eyes. He also arrives with his share of bodyguards.
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

8. - Top - End - #158

Castle Hohenwerfen

The members of the People's Militia line the long winding road that leads up to Hohenwerfen forming an honor guard for the arriving diplomats.

Councilor William Drake, an Englishman by birth greets the arriving delegates and leads them to the main conference room where Grandmaster Borghese is waiting with his own personal guard.

The meeting hall of the Castle is lined with medieval and ancient artifacts and covered in banners and tapestries demonstratng the Church's wealth and its dedication to the history of the ancients.

From a hidden, nearby room members of the Church's Psy Ops division secretly scan all those entering to discern if any of them are practicing psionics.

"Greetings Gentlemen, please take a seat" The Grandmaster motions for them to enter "hopefully, we can put aside all the animosities present here and leave with the Peace of God secured."
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

9. - Top - End - #159

Space, near Alpha and Omega

Eying the two battleships, the squadron of MCU cruisers soared closer to the Alpha.

Message to Karagatan

The small pod landed on Karagatan ground, near MCU gas extraction facilities.

Swooping from the inside of the MCU spacepod, a fast magnetically propelled speedercart flew at high speed towards the nearest major Karagatan settlement, bearing a holodisc for Archbishop Ibrahim himself.

Shortly after the cart had taken off, the general emerged with a contingent of guards and engineers.

Immediately, the engineers, aided by automaton workers, started flooring the area below the extraction facilities with metal tiles - four 100 by 100 meters wide squares, lined with hardmetal walls and sentry towers.

Holodisc for the Archbishop, equally unreadable, because if you can, so can I!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Archbishop Ibrahim.

I feel that due to our current trade surge, and our if not entirely successful, then perhaps bonding, peace conference, I've begun to experience trust and respect for you and your nation.

This is also why I come to you with this request, this proposal.

My people and I wish nothing more than to return to Earth, a planet that we feel is a sign of hope and ancestry for our exiled people.

I have been asked by the council to initiate the "Mechanized Rest" project.
    This entails securing a safe landing spot here on Earth for our engineers, as well as building the first spaceport for our Union citizens.

Due to my personal experience, I've decided to come to you with this request of land, and possibly common grounds. Allow my engineers to build a space port below our extraction facilities, and we'll be greatly indebted to your nation, and to you personally.

In turn for this assistance, I offer you our military aid, should the rising conflict in Europe hit Karagatan shores.

Please, if you have any requests that could make this possible, come forth with it.

Respectfully, General GFC-0112.

PS; call me General Dibs.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Aboard the Goldenfever

"So, er, any chance I could be let go?" Captain Harry hasn't been released (to the player's knowledge), and his crew won't leave without him.

To the UNE:

Spoiler
    Show

If you require weaponry to aid your deterrent against the NRE's armies, then we will be willing to sell some to you. Possibly trade the rights to some of your old mined-out asteroid facilities? In particular, 2 Pallas?

To the NRE:

Spoiler
    Show

If you require weaponry to aid yourdeterrent against the UNE's armies, then we will be willing to sell some to you. Possibly trade the rights to some of your old mined-out asteroid facilities? In particular, 4 Vesta?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Karagatan to MCU

Spoiler
    Show
    I've brought your question to the High Conclave, and am working on getting it resolved. We are willing to let you use land in our territory to construct a spaceport, and to share some of our territory with you in common. However, the land will remain nominally ours; it's a matter of principle more than anything else.

Unless you have a pressing desire to place it elsewhere, may I recommend placing the spaceport in central Australia? There are parts of the Outback that are still too inhospitable to produce good agricultural yields, but I assume heat and dryness isn't a big problem for your people. Besides, any opponents of yours would have to get through our military before they could strike against your base on Earth.

Hopefully Rome will get back in their place without trying another war. If they don't we would appreciate your aid, particularly on keeping their space forces inactive. We don't want them launching any orbital strikes.

Additionally, I ask that Karagatan scripture be made available to any of your citizens who are interested. While humans tend to be much more religious than AIs, we want all those interested in the faith to have access to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

12. - Top - End - #162

UNE to DANPART
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have no wish to trade with outlaws.

NRE to DANPART
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have no need of more weaponry right now. But, one never knows what the future holds.

Castle Hohenwerfen

Both delegates take their seats, and their bodyguards take their places behind them.

Continued in spoiler, due to the fact that no other member is present in the room:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The General stretches a little, then speaks. "We have only desires for peace right now. It would be wonderful if we could sign a trade agreement of some sort. I'm sure you can understand that profit is preferable to another war. We only wish that you do not dispute our claim on Greece and Croatia."

Charles looks quietly at the General a few moments. He then sighs heavily. "If we were to sign such a deal, we would like there to be a nonaggression pact added to it. This would only benefit us, if indeed you only desire peace and prosperity between us." He then looks to the Grandmaster. "I trust that you, too, see the benefit in this?"

13. - Top - End - #163

Castle Hohenwerfen

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Are either of delegates or their guards psionic users?

IC:

"We believe that a trade agreement and a non-aggression pact is a good start. However, it is my belief and the belief of the Inner Council that this conference go one step further and allow for the establishment of spheres of influences for both the UNE and NRE that both parties shall respect."

14. - Top - End - #164

Castle Hohenwerfen
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: None. Although someone is basically retrieving information from the mind of the General. The connection, however, seems to be there with his consent.

"That is a good idea. Any suggestions? As the more neutral party here you must have some idea."

The General merely shrugs to show his agreement.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Massive Deployment to the Belt

for unexplained reasons, His Holiness and the Councils have jointly ordered the deployment of the Dreadnoughts Micheal and Sandalphon, the carries Hope, Victory, Luna and Zeal along with all accompanying ships, to reinforce the Gabriel in the Belt. This is a massive deployment and includes more then half the Fleets Dreadnoughts and almost of third of its other capital ships beign put outside Lunar space.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

16. - Top - End - #166

SRS to UNE
    Spoiler
    Show

Erik smiles.

"Thank you for listening to and technically agreeing to my proposal. The Society will remember your compliance in this event."

With those cryptic words, Erik Ironside, diplomat and cyborg, leaves London, leaves the UNE officials.

Letter to Umberto
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly, my good Emperor. We will help you in your space program just as soon as we do not have so many projects ongoing. We'll even throw in a quite powerful tool for you, in your later wars. A genetic enhancement regime that allows normal troops to become incredibly powerful "super-soldiers". It's only in development right now, but when we can get it to you, you'll be able to match any army in battle.

In return, as we requested, you provide us with propaganda, a greater understanding of your peoples' fanatical loyalty to you, and finally, how we can achieve that in smaller nations that we do not actually control.

Acceptable, is it not?

17. - Top - End - #167

Aboard the Goldenfever

DANPART
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, and your crew, may leave as soon as you've giving me a reliable contact source to your Lord Nax.

Karagatan - holodisc, grubs off!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The land will of course remain yours - the spaceport will benefit us both, by trade and easy access to the great space, and that will be it's only function.

If it is your wish, I will have my engineers load up and rebuild the space port in central Australia, though I would stress that I do not want to impose my structures under your protection, but if you so wish, I will it heed it.

As for the possibility of orbital strikes from Roman side, I will a fleet deployed in waiting above Karagatan space - for protection. If you wish, I will lend a representative of yours a spacepod, so that he or she can oversee the deployment of the orbital defense.

If you hand me the informationdiscs, I will make sure that Karagatan scriptures are distributed among our datanets - all of which are available to our common citizens.

Agreeable?

18. - Top - End - #168

Castle Hohenwerfen

Spoiler
    Show

The members of the Psy Ops division in the hidden room begin applying a gentle suggestion technique over the UNE representative. Other team members monitor the situation to see if their is a noticeable reaction from anyone present in the UNE delegation on detecting the push. If it appears they are detected the suggestion will cease.

"I feel that the UNE and NRE should agree not to interfere in what would be considered each factions area of interest. Thus, the UNE would not interfere in the affairs of the Balkans and allow the NRE to pursue their own policies there including that of peaceful annexation and merger, of course this would be conducted either through plebistce or vote by parliament. The Church of the Sun God would be more than willing to run said elections to assure that they are fair and balanced.

Of course, the NRE would also pledge not to interfere in the dealings of any of the member states of the UNE while they continue to hold membership within the UNE.

This way the UNE and NRE will both be on equal grounds and will not infringe on the others claims. Most importantly, this will eliminate the fear of any territorial expansion on each other and prevent another European war which will be not be good for anyone, economically, militarily, or socially."

19. - Top - End - #169

Castle Hohenwerfen
    Spoiler
    Show
    The General seems to think it over, and then comes to a quick decision. "Agreed. This deal seems fair. The NRE will sign it."

The UNE delegate, perfectly oblivious of the gentle suggestion placed on him, nods his agreement as well. A treaty is produced, and signed by them both.

After this, Charles seems eager to leave. "There is much work to be done, and so I will take my leave now. Thank you again for this meeting." He and his bodyguards then leave the room.

The General soon does the same. While muttering something that sounds like "That went easier than I expected..."

Letter to SRS from NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yes, very much so. We will, of course, deliver on our part once you deliver on yours. No advance payments here.

Let us hope this is merely the beginning of a great partnership.

20. - Top - End - #170

Reforms

With the failure of the world conference and Janus attempted coup being twarted in it's tracks the Antarctic Republic found itself unstable for a period of time. Several weeks were needed for a new government to be formed, with councillor Ratana being replaced by an older councillor from the Mind, Mark Albright. White haired and considered senior in most apects he was able to restore the fragile balance between Janus and Asad, both of whom resigned as high councillors and agreed not to be replaced. Instead both were given the title of consul general, a new post with similar responsibilities, but with clear territorial divisions in Authority. In truth the republic had split in two, with the temple of the mind acting as a spiritual glue between the two sides.

The Fleet

Consular General of the Antartic surface and Mars colonies Asad was still persuing Ratana's ideal of stopping piracy. Ordering the construction of a new style of vessel for the space fleet he sought to enhance secure the Republics space lanes.

@Sayn, MCU
    Spoiler
    Show
    The vessels are to be light space cruisers with emphasis on advanced anti targetting fields and psychic cloaking technologies. A substancial effort is made to construct the required shipyards underneath the surface of Mars, with Highly protected launch tubes.

They will be classified as 'Guardian Spirit' Escort Cruisers

@MCU
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would gladly work in consortium with you to enhance the quality of these ships. We seek to use them as freighter escorts, using their stealth capacities to be unnoticed until needed. Even if their numbers are small, the pirates will not know if these ships are present or not, thereby increasing the effectiveness as they will think twice before attackingour ships.

Our engine and psychic stealth techs are more adequate, but we would welcome arnaments and anti targetting countermeasures from your end as well as advanced targetting systems. Crews could be drawn from our psychics and your combat personel.

Venus Flytrap

Janus had definatly come of as the weaker consul general, with claims to the Venus colony and a handfull of underground installlations outside Antartica. He would play the waiting game...

@Sayn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Janus is actively increasing homeland security both in his own as well as in the other Republican lands. He is seeking to institute hidden psychic screenings in all acces points.

@Danpart Captain

The town council was happy to receive the captain and eager to listen to his ideas. Upon his journey to the town hall the visitor noticed that despite the engineering excelence in the cities construction that 'Icy Paradice' was overcrowded and extremely multiethinical, yet seemed to have only relatively happy people living there, eager to make the most of their empoverished lives. Even the major 'Tinis Irwan' was dressed in humble atire when he offered the captain a drink that seemed to be locally produced.

@Sayn
    Spoiler
    Show
    How are Janus's actions at resupplying freedom fighters in Southern Africa proceeding?

@Sayn, Longvin
    Spoiler
    Show
    The upgrades to the facility of the Church are now complemented by a full staf of researchers and analists from the Antartic Republic. High tech research equipment is also supplies, to be used and maintained by the AR's staff. Regular updates on the research progress is delivered straight to Mark Albrights office.
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-09-24 at 09:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171

@Wizard
    Spoiler
    Show
    The situation in Africa has only grown more violent, and so far no groups are coming out on top. The UNE holdings are still well protected, and they have actually seen an increase in refugees since the increased violence.
    Last edited by Sayn; 2009-09-24 at 10:29 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Antarctic Republic

"I am Manager George of the Stealthy Smuggler. I was wondering if there was anything I could get you from DANPART. Absolutely anything, and all I ask for in return is that you tell me any news or rumours you hear from higher up the chain of command. That could be food, weapons, nicotine, alcohol, anything. Although, this alcoholic beverage is quite good; how much do you have and what price do you want?" Not all DANPART members are pirates!

To Edwin
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I suppose I could wrangle a private line with the head honcho. He's a busy man; most of the governers of the colonies are ambitious, but those who don't want to be Pirate Captains, Nomad Chiefs or any of the business-related titles used by Rogue Traders tend to be rather power-hungry. I'll need to get to my ship, first."

23. - Top - End - #173

@DANPART

"Why we would gladly tell you what we know, we do not keep secrets from friends. What we need mostly however is a sustainable source of income for our people. Perhaps you would be willing to trade with us for goods we produce. For instance the beverage you now have is locally produced, but if we have the equipment to set up a factory we could make more for you. Same goes for other things, if you open factories here we can make you almost anything."

The mayor then goes on to explain that he doesn't understand the rift in government that happened recently, but that he is curious to see a more active brotherhood interest in security of the surface.

"Your lucky you weren't scanned on your way here. Though I must say Consul Asad has tried to keep these scans to a minimum in this place."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

In the Grand Hall of the Alpha :(side note this is being broadcast by the ENN)

Saladin approaches the King with caution. "Ah, Saladin you come to kill the messenger. Saladin, don't you understand, the earth is plagued by these things that man has done to himself, religion is corrupt, the mind of the holy seek only power, and go about it in way most unfitting. Man cannot handle these responsibilities that power embodies, they must be handled for him by men who claims to be gods!, they prey off the week and innocent minds, Take for example our friend who are expanding, they seek only to free these people do they not, these people have been freed have they not (he shakes his head visually).

I set upon the world to free those very people, free the very people of earth whom minds have been over taken by the gods, and for that, I was set into a tomb which I was to spend forever in. The first Emperor quested for power, and thus was born the Empire, we claim to represent mankind, do we not?(again he shakes his head visiblely) How can one who claims this, be so harsh on its peoples, work and sleep, is the Empire. You see my dear friend, I came to free the people of this earth not tomb them in their very lives, in the daily task of living. You see Saladin the world is a place claiming to be balanced by peace, (shakes his head yet again) No, it is balanced by greed and power, so Saladin now that I have parted to you my peace, let the might fall upon the "Enemy of the world" ,strike now Saladin and give the world their(emphasis on their) peace.
    Saladin stops for a few seconds, these seconds seem like hours to those watching. The Emperor draws his sword and lets it drop to his side. He steps forward, and whispers something to the Shaman, he steps back and with a swift stroke, takes the life of the "Enemy".

Begin repire of the capital and set the alpha on course to be dismantled and used to repair the others. Get me stats on the war, it has no doubt be a grave one. He hangs his head while saying this, and seems very down (sad).

To Syan,
    Spoiler
    Show

Deaths (Total): est. 100,000 overall a light loss, militray loss was heavy, as the RSG were the elite units, and only 100 loyal remain, all others were KIA

Damage: 10 miles surrounding the Palace, is in ruin, mainly housing, so rebuilding cost, will take a toll on ecomony but quick we should recover do to the industrie.

Changes: Shifts are now shorter and a focus hase been put into a social life(school mainly)

Anything else let me know
    Last edited by IrrationalSpork; 2009-09-25 at 12:55 AM.
    Total War Forum
    "That is a low world opinion. Beyond mere hate. If the world found out where your base was, everyone would attack you immedietly." -razovor

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Antarctic Republic

"I can easily get equipment to set up some factories. You'd be surprised at some of the equipment left behind once an asteroid has been mined empty. I would willingly trade with you. Would you mind if I told some of my friends about this?"

To the NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if ever you change your mind, we will be willing to trade weapons with you.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2009-09-24 at 04:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

@ Danpart

"Certainly, this is welcomed. If all are as friendly and helpfull as you are. Honest traders are always welcome. Perhaps you can make use of our governments Guardian Spirit cruisers for escort purposes. I've heard space piracy is a real menace these days."

The man is evidently very exited at the possibilities for his people.

"Perhaps we can grant you a licence to expand the spaceport and it's facilties to facility your friends and ascociated"
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-09-24 at 05:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

The Steel Rose Society proposes the development of "Technopolis"s

The Steel Rose Society has proposed a rather unique method of generating research for all nations.

The Chairman of the Society, Josef Weaver, has more information on this, and says as much in a televised speech.

"Some of you might ask, 'what is a technopolis?' Simply put, it is a science city, an entire town devoted to technological research and development. I got the idea from observing that many advances of the past centuries have been discovered in the campuses of universities and colleges.

So I thought, 'well, those campuses were similar to towns and villages already, so why not make am entire city devoted to research?' This 'Technopolis', or plural 'Technopolii', will be covered with colleges, laboratories, research facilities, and schools from outskirts to outskirts, creating the biggest facilities ever made to progress the human condition! A progressive culture of science and freedom will be cultivated here, thereby advancing humanity by leaps and bounds!

I sincerely believe that my Technopolii will advance the human condition, and thus I offer to build one in every country in Europe, for starters. All I ask is that the nations that gain a Technopolis to encourage their citizens to donate their money and time to the worthy cause of building one of these magnificent cities of science. We will provide the scientific reform and organization needed to operate the Technopolii. Thank you, and I hope that every nation soon has a Technopolis."

28. - Top - End - #178

Peace in our time

The Church of the Sun God is proud to announce through our mediation a peaceful settlement has been reached regarding the crisis with the UNE and NRE. Both parties have agreed to put aside their differences and come together in a treaty of non-aggression and trade as well as establishing clear lines and boundaries of spheres of influence.

We hope that the other nations of the world can learn from this and put aside their own disputes and come together in peace.

Letter to Emperor Umberto (Hand delivered! NO PEEKING!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Glorious God Emperor,

You no doubt have already been informed of our success here with the UNE. It was an extremely simple matter for us and no doubt has greatly improved the opinion of the Church to the public at large. Soon we shall see a day when the Church is looked upon as favorably by the nations of the world as the traitorious Papacy is now by the unenlightened.

I digress, when ever your most holy self is ready we are prepared to serve as the overseers of elections throughout the Balkans and see that these plebistces strongly favor unification with the Empire.

Additionally, we are moving to weaken the holds of the UNE in the nations which now make up its ranks. Soon, it will begin to crumble from the inside and rot and then all of Europe will bow before you.

As always I am your humble and loyal servant,

-B

29. - Top - End - #179

Asteroid Belt Relay - Flash message to all Church Space assets
    Spoiler
    Show

Emergency Orders to all Military ships.

All military craft are to make their way immediately to their pre appointed rally points in the belt and adapt a defensive and sealth posture. No hostile moves are to be taken unless an imminent threat is present to the ship or to Church installations

30. - Top - End - #180

@IrrationalSpork
    Spoiler
    Show
    You lose a + in military and a - in economy. The damage was severe to your army, after all.

Hand written letter to the CoSG, so only for LongVin!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. We will begin the process as soon as possible. We will show them that conquest can be done in a peaceful way as well.