1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2260 (IC)

Sanguine Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings, Consortium.

What do you offer the MCU, you say?
    Last edited by Edwin; 2009-10-02 at 05:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

SRS to North Africa
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly. I give you my word that the Society and it's allies will not start a war with the NRE and it's allies. We will end one, if it occurs, however.

SRS to MCU
    Spoiler
    Show

You know, it's quite a shame the Society hasn't interacted with your Union since the peace conference debacle.

To rectify this, we would like to make a deal with you. In exchange for some of your more advanced cybernetics, and, well, robotics technology (whatever it may be), we will not only argue against the Church of the Sun-God, our former "ally" on your behalf, but we will also consider your request for the lands of India and Pakistan.

Sound reasonable?

Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

3. - Top - End - #243

North Africa to SRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well then. We have a deal. How will we proceed now?
    Last edited by Sayn; 2009-10-02 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

4. - Top - End - #244

SRS to North Africa
    Spoiler
    Show

Gear up your navy for raiding actions, but do not touch the NRE unless they declare war on the UNE first. Once they start the war, raid their shipping lines, naval resources, transports, and the like.

When the war is over, you will have exactly what we have promised you. If the war does not happen, and the NRE collapses, then we shall fulfill our end of the deal regardless.

5. - Top - End - #245

North Africa to SRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds like a plan. Our navy is strong, mostly because we have a lot of coast to protect in this war. Making it stronger was a priority even before this deal.
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Grey
    Spoiler
    Show
    right....guess what game I've been playing a lot of? sorry about that

UNE
    Spoiler
    Show
    see forthcoming PM

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    excellent, we'd be happy to provide any materials yo need

Japan
    Spoiler
    Show
    what do you need?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Steel Rose:
    Spoiler
    Show
    'True advancement lies not in the technology, but in the minds,' acording to the precepts of Bobo-san. Come to the Town and I shall show you to true face of the future of science.

Medically, we are... proficient. Though each Zaibatsu will proclaim supreme excelence in it's speciality, our true masteries are threefold, and interconnected: nanotech, robotisism, and evolutionary software/hardware. I will put you in contact with our new Minister of Technology, Haruka Tanaka, she is much more informed about such matters. One moment.

Hmm... pre-injected nanodrones for immediate cauterization and sanitation, that'll cut casualties greatly there. Not much one can do for a bullet to the brain or a cut in the heart. But if we can stop the bleeding and sanatize... a that and a quick medivac could fix even perforations in most other organs. Shockwave and blunt trauma from grenades and such will still be quite hard to fix.

Not that researching and producing the drones will be cheap. But we could sell you the first ten thousand doses at cost of the reasearch and production. It's a useful technology once the groundwork's been done.

Papal:

Spoiler
    Show
    At first, just some help in setting up our space program and a small station would be appreciated many times over. The Tele-Com Zaibatsu's have launched sattalites with other carriers before, but we have no launch pads or rockets of our own.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Papacy
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: What was i doing?

MCU
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, anything your willing to pay for of course
    Last edited by Greystone; 2009-10-02 at 09:02 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

all responses Hand delievered, impossible to peak, yadda yadda

Grey
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jupiter? recon? rining any bells?

Japan
    Spoiler
    Show
    a small station? what in orbit? sure why not, we could probably just sell you one if you want, Lord knows we've got enough. but anyway, what do you offer in return?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Puppy:

Spoiler
    Show
    Then we will buy one small orbital commercial shipyard, a habitat sphere, and as many launch/shuttle vehicles that we can buy for, oh, say, a certain amount of yen. Pending negotiations.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2009-10-02 at 09:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Japan
    Spoiler
    Show

certainly, if you'd like to send a representative to Luna or a major installation, we'd be happy to discuss transfer of control, how advanced a station, and how much system renovation (all the stations have been controlled remotely be A.I. conglomerates for a century now) all this would of course only be for a nominal fee unless you want something really major. payment can be discussed then as well. (in other words, we'll discuss in Pm's

North Africa
    Spoiler
    Show
    would you be interested in some high tech hard-ware? we'd be happy to give you some advanced arterial interdiction craft or automated armor for reasonable prices
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

12. - Top - End - #252

EvilClericGuy

South Africa, presidential palace, late night.
    Spoiler
    Show

Under cover of darkness the assassin slunk into the presidential cambers.the warlord was dead by morning, his body disposed of and his place taken by a Krip "changeling" opretive .
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Puppy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Err... I forget, remind me
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

14. - Top - End - #254

SRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds reasonable, yes.

What kind of technology did you have in mind?

15. - Top - End - #255

Japan
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, we shall see what is the true face of the future of science, the Society's Technopolii, or your Otaku Town....

As for the nanotech deal, that is acceptable. We will buy those ten thousand drones.

And, as a side-note, I think that I'll throw in a guarantee of your independence. If a foreign power tries to attack Japan, we will fight it and stop it in it's tracks. After all, the Society can't have our newest and most advanced rival being invaded, now can we? It'd simply be unfair.

16. - Top - End - #256

Antarctic News Network

"The Coolest news on Earth"

Economic colaboration for Peace

In an effort to bolster the peacefull development of the EU the Antarctic republic has signed economic colaboration treaties with all the three mayor european powers. The UNE, NRE and Midgard. Officials have stated the AR expresses its best wishes to these powers under the new friendship treaties that should allow the peacefull trade to increase sharply over the comming period.

Defence pact announced

The southern african hemisphere has long been a ground of contestation between UNE and AR, now with a formal defence pact between these two powers it seems the region might be stabilising. Furthermore analysts believe it could help preserve a balance of power between the UNE and it's european rivals. The AR has stated it is not meant as an offensive treaty.

SPECTRA

Recent negotiations between the MCU, Papacy and our beloved republic have resulted in the 'SPace Economic Co-operation and Trade Realisation Alliance' which aims to foster an increase in space based trade under the protective mantle provided by these three nations. It seems that despite the failure of the world forum, the anti piracy dream of the Papacy, MCU and former high councillor Ratana are still made a reality.

Other News

We now go live to our reporter to show how one small Antarctic town is rapidly becomming a hub for space trade...

---------------------------------------------

Antarctic Republic

Naive Surfacers: DANPART

The surfacers are at all surprised by the crew, diversity is common amongst the refugees and they welcome all. The mayor is happy to announce an area set aside to become the new space port which welcomes trade from all traders wishing to make port here.

@Sanguine Consortium (Greystone) using an open channel
    Spoiler
    Show
    We thank you for your offer, but at current have no need for your services.

@South Africa
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Antarctic council has voted to continue weapons shipments to you provided you are willing to allow refugees transports to be ran by our government in your region. We will take care of those.

@SAYN
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special agents send along with excelent stealth training help seek out psychics amongst their population, especiallially refugees. They are recruited and provided for by the three temples.

Also remember the apealing effect on refugees my faction has, they are given shelter in the surface facilities, but also in large 'safe cities in africa'.

@Sayn
    Spoiler
    Show
    The temple of the eye on venus is seeking to infiltrate the clutch of afrodite on Venus making use of hemaphrodite shapeshifters. Assasinations of key individuals are made after having observed them for a shoirt while, after which their places are taken. Assaniations can be done using seductions and poisons if needed to make them more private and easier replacement as the psychics will be able to read the mind of their targets during the intimacy, making the replacement easier.

Particularly intelligence services and military faacilities are infiltrated in this manner. Their government is unaffected.
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2009-10-03 at 07:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257

North Africa to Papacy
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would depend on the cost. We do not have tons of spare change lying around, if you catch my drift.

@kopout
    Spoiler
    Show
    To your dismay you find that South Africa was not, as many believed, a dictatorship. It is a confederacy of several powerful warlords, all with something to gain from taking North Africa. You merely replaced one of several. This gives you an insight in their politics, but not the control you hoped for. (OOC: No one has really bothered to infiltrate these two nations, so of course no one knows how they're ruled. )

South Africa to Antarctic Republic
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you wish, but the proceedings will be strictly monitored.
    Last edited by Sayn; 2009-10-03 at 08:51 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

North Africa
    Spoiler
    Show
    a entirely reasonable discounted price, which may be payed in installment (with a moderate interest rate of course) as well as a base in taingers (The African side of Gibraltar).
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #259

North Africa to Papacy
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds reasonable. We have a deal. The base, we assume, will be used against the NRE in case of a war, correct?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

North Africa
    Spoiler
    Show
    yep, we'll only be sending a token engineer corp to fortify it unless war breaks out.

[OOC] basically 1 econ's worth of payment for each major arms shipment, with 10% interest and half an econ point payed every two turn at least
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Steel Rose:

Spoiler
    Show
    Come to the confrence. Everything can be discussed at the confrence.

22. - Top - End - #262

North Africa to Papacy
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds fair. With the considerable amount of deals we've struck these past few months, your money should be payed on time.

23. - Top - End - #263

End of Turn 3 - Start of Turn 4

While many has gained a lot these last few months, we must sadly begin with the tragedy of Venus. On day, all contact with Venus was lost. For days traders, diplomats and the like tried desperately to contact them, but got little more than static. Then a message finally got through. It was text only, and originated from the Capital of the Clutch. "Leave us. Run. Don't come back. Don't try to save us. Dange-" And that's where the message cut off. From space, the cities look empty, but the buildings look... different. So far, no one has dared to enter the atmosphere for a closer look.

And over on Earth, more unexpected events took place. A Karagatan missile-base suddenly armed all of their missiles and fired them. Directly at the Antarctic Republic's Capital. Some of them were shot down before they could hit, but a few managed to get through all the defenses and hit the capital. Only, instead of causing untold damage through exploding, they instead release large clouds of an unknown substance. Unknown, until the effects began to show themselves. Chaos broke out when all who came in contact with the substance began to hallucinate. Spiritus, in absurd amounts. Also, it seems that the drug is outright dangerous when combined with a psychic mind. The psychics spread the chaos of their minds into other, unaffected minds, without the drug. They also use their powers to try and destroy the apparitions the drug is showing them, managing only to hurt or kill others. After a while, the chaos settled down. The capital took a lot of damage, and many were killed or injured. A severe blow to the Antarctic Republic. What will be the consequences of this sudden attack?

Over in Africa, the war suddenly changed. North Africa, gaining weapons and money from various deals made in the past few months, has begun its push into the South. They are gaining ground every day, and are getting closer and closer to ruling Africa. They currently control nearly 63% of Africa.

And in South America, a sudden unification of nations took place. The new nation, the Confederate Nations of South America, is expected to begin participating in world politics from now on.

The minor pirate groups not affiliated with DANPART or the Consortium have almost disappeared under the hammer of the Papacy's wrath. This has cleared up some trade lanes in space.

Civil unrest is high over in Eastern Europe. The governments are desperately trying to quell their anger, and only just manage to avoid outright rebellion.

And now, over to the election in Switzerland. Many factors decided the win. The Church of the Sun God gained many points when the Catholic party lost several of their own, most certainly due to the different murders and all the other despicable events. However, with some help from Karagatan, and a coalition with the third most popular party, the Catholic party won with barely 1% of the votes. They had the computers check the votes several times before announcing the win. Switzerland is now Catholic ground.

War is brewing in the world. What will happen during this turn, I wonder?

24. - Top - End - #264

Planetar

Confederated Nations of South America

All over the continent, fireworks go off, and celebrations are held. The nations of South America, united! Prime Minister of the Confederation, Santiago Rivera, addresses the peoples of the new nation.

Peoples of South America! Today is a day of utmost celebration! Today our nations, our continent, our culture has stepped outward from the shadows and onto the world stage. Our prosperity and our strength is assured, and we shall march onward into the future together, as a united people!

Unfortunately, we as a nation must also turn our attention to recent tragedies on the outside world. Missiles from the nation of Karagatan, filled with the drug "Spiritus", have been launched and detonated over the capital of Antarctica. This horrific and unjustified act requires an immediate and severe penalty for the Karagatan government, and aid to the Antarctic Republic. Should the desire our help, we will not hesitate to give it.

Viva America del Sur!

Assuming the Antarctic Republic allows it, South American aid workers and soldiers will help to restore order in the capital.

NRE
    Spoiler
    Show

We of the Confederacy have taken an interest in the welfare of the NRE. Your nation, for too long, has been villified and demonized unfairly. And, frankly, the rest of the world doesn't seem thrilled to see South America on the rise agagin. In the interest of our mutual prosperity, shall we strike an agreement of general aid; economic, military, and technological?

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll be frank. The world may well be on the brink of a global, possibly interstellar war, should the space nations get involved. As the only two nations in the New World, I feel it only wise that we pledge to assist one another in matters both economic and military. Is this reasonable?

Steel Rose Society
    Spoiler
    Show

We are interested in your Technopolis program. Shall we talk prices?

Last edited by Falconer; 2009-10-04 at 08:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

NRE to CNSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be happy to. We hope this will help further peace and strengthen our nations. We would like to suggest that you might want to approach the Midguardian Empire. They have, after all, signed a defensive alliance with us, and would most likely be happy to accept a trade agreement.

UAL to CNSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you wish. Trade between us should be lucrative, after all.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

North Africa
    Spoiler
    Show

Congratulations on you success in the war so far! would you be interested in any more weapons? we'd be happy to provide some jeep mounted rapid-fire plasma guns or personal las-fields

CSNA
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to our brothers in Faith! Congratulations on your recent unification. would you interested in a mutually beneficial treaty?

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    we'd be interested in purchasing a fairly large quantity of Fusion reactors, as our Fleets expansion is rather predictably taking up a lot of our power supply, interested?
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

27. - Top - End - #267

North Africa to Papal State
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you, you have been one of the deciding factors in this war. Know that we intend to have Christianity as our state religion. Also, those weapons sound perfect. A moderately large batch of them would be lovely.

UAL to Papal State
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be honest, we do not want to sell to you at this time. We would like to keep our reactor technology secret for now. We could, however, sell you reactors of your own design, producing them for you. Is this acceptable?

28. - Top - End - #268

Planetar

Papal States

Spoiler
    Show

We are indeed interested in a treaty with the Holy See. What do you have in mind?

29. - Top - End - #269

Church of the Sun God demands new elections in Swizterland

Members of the Church of the Sun God have issued an immediate call for new elections in Swizterland in light of the despicable and unprovoked attack by the Karagatan Republic against the Antartic Republic. This furthers the claim that Karagatan unduly influenced the Swiss elections and tampered with the voting system.

The Chuch and its political parties in Swizterland demand either new elections immediately or a manual hand recount of all votes.

Message to Sanguine Constorium
    Spoiler
    Show

The development of the psiclone is going well. Only 1 in 25 cases now report the same catatonic state as what was originally reported in most cases. The drug provides massive boosts to psionic power but has a dramatic effect on the mental and physical health of the user degenerating their body in a matter of months. We are working to alleviate these problems but the drug is ready for limited field use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

UAL
    Spoiler
    Show
    perfectly fine, we just need the industrial capacity, you understand if we would like to staff the factories used ourselves? we would of course pay generously for the lease in whatever you need, military hardware, tech or money.

North Africa
    Spoiler
    Show
    excellent, we are glad to here it. same deal as last time? a base on Tunis would be appropriated until the NRE are no longer a threat.

Hopefully next time we speak you'll be talking from the Cape

CNSA
    Spoiler
    Show
    mainly a treaty of free trade, as well as a mutual defense pact if you're interested.

AR
    Spoiler
    Show
    We send our sincere best wishes for the people of your Capitol, and if you require any aid in an investigation to find out who's responsible, or rebuilding the Capitol, we'd be happy to oblige.

As well, have your Venusian colonies had any interaction with the Clutch? do you have any idea what happened?

Switzerland

parties in coalition
    Spoiler
    Show

Catholic Democratic People's Party
    European Party (the third most popular one)
    Technocratic party of Switzerland
    Swiss Green Party
    Alpine defense front

Address from the President of the Council

On the first day of this new government I would like to make something very clear to the Swiss nation. We will not be restricting religious freedom. We will not be forcing anyone to convert in order to get state jobs or anything like that

with regards to the churches claim that the election was fraudulent

if our esteemed fellow parliamentarians would provide any proof of irregularities I would advise them to notify the local police.
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2009-10-04 at 08:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp