New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Bleachitp OOC X: When We Say "Ninja'd," We're Talking Real Ninjas Here

Sure. I'll just post up an arrival. If anything else should be included, let me know?

I really have no way of explaining the delay...

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleachitp OOC X: When We Say "Ninja'd," We're Talking Real Ninjas Here

You might be mistaking 'need' for 'fondness'

Palillo and Morgan ate souls because they could. It is no longer a need, but even as arrancar, sustenance is necessary, and souls happen to give it just like any other form of food.

Ersch will indulge soul eating every now and then, when he is sure no one is watching him brutalize some living thing with his claws and teeth.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Y'know, it's sorting out this kind of crap that makes me really annoyed with Kubo Tite. He just doesn't care about wordbuilding or consistency, which makes working out canon setting elements incredibly hard in places.

Anti-Soul Eating (canon):
    1. A number of arrancar are meant to be sympathetic. Tihs is undermined if they eat souls, even in the form of hollows.
    2. Much is made of Grimmjow eating other Hollows as an adjuchas, but not after he becomes an arrancar.

Pro-Soul Eating (canon):
    1. Yammy is actually seen sucking the souls out of humans on a trip to the mortal world.
    2. Aaroniero clearly eats other Hollows. Yammy eats a lot of stuff to get his strength up. It's Hueco Mundo, which means he's basically eating imaginary food or Hollows.
    3. Our admittedly patchy understanding of the shinigamification process provides no reason why it should mean arrancar don't eat souls.
    4. If the souls of the hollows the arrancar kill aren't consumed... That's vastly more souls being destroyed than the Quincy could ever have managed, given the scenes of destruction present in Espada-flashbacks.

Way I see it, there are basically three options regarding arrancar and soul-eating.

1. Arrancar don't need to eat souls to stay at the same level of power. However, souls can be consumed for a temporary boost of some sort (see - that soul-sucking thing, Syazel's healing) or for snacky fun-time.
    2. Arrancar need to eat souls to survive (although they will not revert), in the same way shinigami need food and drink (i.e. infrequently)
    3. Number 2, but Arrancar can absorb hollowed souls rather than actually eating them through their "zanpaktou", in a similar fashion to a shinigami purifying a soul.
    Last edited by Revlid; 2009-09-18 at 08:06 PM.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    inquiry...why is what's happening to Ruy so...drastic? Have I just missed that no other arrancar have blown big holes in Hueco Mundo?
    No other arrancar has started a large brawl and damaged a large area of Las Noches without good reason.

Like Olympians or Shinigami attacking.

Ruy just went nuts there.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

I vote number 1.

*music starts*

NOT THAT NUMBER ONE!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #276

Morgan was joined the ranks of the American 'Arrancar' through the influence of one of The Seven. His particular brand of food fetish could easily be assumed to be related to that fact. Just putting that out there. It doesn't really lean one way or another in this matter, but it leaves the question left up in the air. It's all on the collective.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

I'd have to err towards Option 1.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OverWilliam View Post
    "Your 'Penitance' is empty, Old Man. Do as you will."
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "As you will."
    No no, as you will, I insist.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

I would go towards option 2 with a few changes.

If I recall correctly, shinigami eat to recover their spent spiritual power, mainly. Arrancar should work in a similar fashion.

As I have been building up until now, arrancar need to eat for that purpose and for the pleasure of it. Their main source of food being the animal hollows of Hueco Mundo (like those tiny lizards), eating sentient souls is nothing but a (sadistic) option.

Temporary power boosts are an option as well.

In bleach, animals have souls as well, as such, we must remember that when a shinigami eats meat, he is eating a soul as well (because everything in soul society is basically souls given solid form).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

I feel a Princess Bride joke just itching to get out...

sadly, I am not on the ball enough to make one right now...

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. Option 1 or option 2(Draken)

I need to deadtime. Opera to go to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    inquiry...why is what's happening to Ruy so...drastic? Have I just missed that no other arrancar have blown big holes in Hueco Mundo?
    Actually, Von Geister just wanted to cause Liz pain and suffering because he liked Vanessa better and is sore that she lost the battle of wills (partly thanks to Ruy, in fact), and the passive aggressive approach seemed the most plausibly deniable option. Plus, he has a reputation to keep up. Several, in fact.

Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-09-18 at 08:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I would go towards option 2 with a few changes.

If I recall correctly, shinigami eat to recover their spent spiritual power, mainly. Arrancar should work in a similar fashion.

As I have been building up until now, arrancar need to eat for that purpose and for the pleasure of it. Their main source of food being the animal hollows of Hueco Mundo (like those tiny lizards), eating sentient souls is nothing but a (sadistic) option.

Temporary power boosts are an option as well.

In bleach, animals have souls as well, as such, we must remember that when a shinigami eats meat, he is eating a soul as well (because everything in soul society is basically souls given solid form).
    Nevermind. I support this theory.

Double nevermind.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-09-18 at 08:29 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #284

I prefer Option 1 for several reasons.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Firbolg in the Playground

I prefer Option 1 for several reasons.
    I agree with this, and it was already stated that Abishai didn't need to eat souls to mantain his power at least several times, only to give him more strength. Our own canon seems to support option 1.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

16. - Top - End - #286

I bow to Draken's set up. Good stuff.
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

17. - Top - End - #287

Okie Dokes, guys, Deadtimes for me.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

*yawn*

Deadtiming.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    ((Kiljaeran still thinks shes two steps away from going postal eh Anyr?))
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kil-J believed that of everyone.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    ((Kiljaeran still thinks shes two steps away from going postal eh Anyr?))
    {OOC: No, he thinks that she's lying about her amnesia and working as a spy. The other explanation was just part of a hypothetical he dreamed up to keep her talking.}

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay so the reason Isara reacted that way towards Kil-J(Yes I just figured out what that stood for, lol) is because his reiatsu reminded her of von Geister which frightened her every time she was around. Thats what mainly sparked her scared little girl reaction towards Kil-J. I do plan to have Isara return to him at some point in the future to further explain her reasons for her change when she gets over that fear.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

22. - Top - End - #292

So hey, I'm alive.

I kinda vanished for the past few days, although I've been trying to keep up with reading at least. I blame Batman: Arkham Asylum mostly, but I've also been working closing shifts for the past couple days, and will continue to do so until next week. Thanks to that, my schedule is entirely screwed up.

However, I haven't abandoned anything. I'll be making a post as soon as I am able to.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

23. - Top - End - #293

Nice to see you back!

Deadtiming for work.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, today is being spent packing for uni. I go tomorrow. I likely won't be able to post regularly for the first week, what with it being Fresher's Week, which has resulted in my schedule being packed to the gills with talks and meetings. I'll probably be able to post in the evenings, British time, for that week and after that I should be able to post with a bit more regularity.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Right, today is being spent packing for uni. I go tomorrow. I likely won't be able to post regularly for the first week, what with it being Fresher's Week, which has resulted in my schedule being packed to the gills with talks and meetings. I'll probably be able to post in the evenings, British time, for that week and after that I should be able to post with a bit more regularity.
    Oh, you're going to college, now? Congratulations; I believe it's one of the best decisions you can make. Do you know what major you're aiming for?
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Oh, you're going to college, now? Congratulations; I believe it's one of the best decisions you can make. Do you know what major you're aiming for?
    English with Creative Writing. Seeing as writing is the only half-decent skill I possess, and I have no real desire to do anything else, I may as well try and become an author.

Or so my, likely faulty, logic goes.

27. - Top - End - #297

I really should have made one of those garbage bug arrancar like Nel. There is much more room for funny that way.

Nel!!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, it's as good a reason as any to pick a major; if you're good at it and you enjoy it, it does seem like a pretty natural pick. As some on this forum already know, I'm working my way to a chemical engineering degree, which I picked because I'm good at chemistry and I enjoy it, and I wanted to make decisions that would directly impact people.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

Actually, Von Geister just wanted to cause Liz pain and suffering because he liked Vanessa better and is sore that she lost the battle of wills (partly thanks to Ruy, in fact), and the passive aggressive approach seemed the most plausibly deniable option. Plus, he has a reputation to keep up. Several, in fact.

What, no reaction to this at all?
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-09-19 at 12:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

What, no reaction to this at all?
    You'll see.