New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Temple of lost souls group 2, aka, B, aka the Dread pirate robinson

All aboard Darth's airship, you see an airship on the horizon,you know from the records you have that it is a vessel full of treasure, the dowry for the kingdom of Lansport.
    The dowry is worth several small countries treasury's. What do you do?

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Temple of lost souls group 2, aka, B, aka the Dread pirate robinson

Faust smiled through the glass of his airship's bridge, his boredom these last few days having finally been sated. Sure, he had amused himself- for a time- by summoning the odd monster to brutally murder with magic, but now? Now he had a real target. Oh, he would be so well known a this. Sure, he had the giant airship (which he had made quite spiffy), and the money...and the harem of succubi...

Well, Faust considered, he had a lot of things that people coveted. But that didn't really make him famous, now did it? There were people like Elister, and Drizz'hat, petty mages and idiotic heroes, who were more famous than him! Did anybody even know of Faust Kislev? Well, anybody know of him who hadn't seen his giant mobile manhood-emphasizing device. Oh, sure, the succubi laughed at him..but they were just being cruel, right?

They had to be! And nobody knew just how great, and masculine, Faust was like himself! He was, after all, the most clever and intellectual wizard alive! Why, all of the magical doodads he had made simply proved his intellectual supremacy! He was the most potent man of all, in magic and other fields! None could oppose his mighty vessel, which was why he was the pirate with the biggest throne from, and why his guns were the loudest and made the biggest explosions!

And thus why he pointed to the airship ahead, indicating the illusory image of the other airship relative to his own. The table with that pre-marked map had cost him quite a pretty penny, but it was worth it. He had discovered this little vessel with those same trade routes, ripe for the plucking!

"Gunners!" He yelled unnecessarily, knowing full well that his message would relayed safely anyways. It was just a usual, perfectly-masculine thing to yell in a high-pitched manner. "Arm the missiles and prepare to fire!"

Crossing his legs in his chair, bouncing slightly with glee, he kept his eyes on the prize. "Helmsman!" He yelled, "Helmsman! Bring us next to the other ship! Full speed! I wanna see the broadsides hit!"

He didn't even care, really, about what guns the galleon had: His crew would recover, the damage to the airship would be buffed out. This was just the thrill of it: The drama of a full exchange of broadsides, one ship to another! The treasure was fine, yes, but it was the rush that the wizard sought! The thrill of watching wood crack, iron dent, and all sorts of blood shed! It made him feel young, like the life he had always wanted before he got involved with stupid tomes and grimoires of dead men!
    Gotta keep on trollan' trollan' trollan'

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenno, the invisible wind ninja12/ftr6

Zenno was having some simple tea when all that hurry started to come over. talk of guns and boarding and tresure ship. He was more of a hitchhiker then part of the crew, and was unsure of what the hell was going on.

just to be carefull, he stuck close to Odro, rasing no alarm. he would't dare say to the capitan "don't atack that ship, they've done nothing to us" but was still unsure on how to react before the wizard's sudden bloodlust. but he dosen't aprecciate that.

Spoiler
    Show
    OCC: Do i know anything else about that ship? it's full of tresure, but does that treasure comes from defeated dragons, taxes over the people, hte top of the nobility, or some tyrant? if I can't know that from myself, I'll ask somebody who isn't runing around
    Last edited by Beschoren; 2009-09-13 at 07:33 PM.
    Playing:
    Shoe, the make-belive gun dealer
    Akira, the psichyc warrior

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Odro nods to Zenno.
    "Don't worry for your skin, mate. If all goes according to plan, we'll blast the fight out of them long before we're called on to board. Which is fairly sad, seeing as there'll be no one left on board for us to kill, but it's hard to turn down easy money. Just hold tight when the broadsides open up. That'll be a bit of rough flying."
    He then conjures one dagger in each hand - thrower in the left and bleeder in the right - before making them disappear again and taking a seat next to the ninja.
    "Personally, I could use a decent fight. I feel like I'm getting rusty just sitting here."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenno, the invisible wind

(to himself) It is not my skin that 'im worried about... it's theirs...

Zenno is relaxed, even with the fuzz around him, but not satisfied in looting ships like that. but tries to make the best of that situation "I'm sure they are not naive. large amounts of treasure tent to attract large amounts of trouble, I expect them to know that. Maybe they will even teach us something.". what that something is, Zenno leaves up in the air. methodos for improved boarding? how to keep both ships flying while looting one of them? not to atack random people?
    Playing:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

A hulking figure stands upon the prow of Faust's ship as ominous storm clouds gather overhead. Dark azure plate mail covers the figure from head to toe, with stylized bat wings protruding from its intimidating helmet. A long, flowing black cloak billows and snaps in the wind. Its left hand holds an enormous blade even longer than the figure is tall, that crackles and hisses with an eternal rim of flame along its length. A twisted, gnarled claw, more akin to the limb of some gargantuan demon or dragon than any human appendage, is raised towards the distant sky.

Rundas stands upon the bow and stares into the oncoming shape. Whatever may come to pass, he is ready.

7. - Top - End - #7

Several large chains pierced fausts' ships hull, It appeared that the ship was trying to board him.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

what? we are being atack by them? well, that change things.

Peeking thought the windows, Zenno sees the chains ataching to the hull. "well, they are not naive at all" he says, drawing his favorite wepon.
    Last edited by Beschoren; 2009-09-13 at 11:16 PM.
    Playing:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Chimera

The burly human sitting on the main deck enjoying the freedom of the open sky was disturbed by the "captain" Faust's barks. He had joined the crew to get away from authority and hierarchies, only to find himself listening the insecure ranting of some arcane user.

Unlike Faust, Rev was very famous. Just not on this plane. He had overthrown empires and dynasties. Kings and despots were slain under his great sword. All for the sake of freedom, once he longed for that calling. Now he has grow restless, he had worked so hard for other people but it was starting to feel like a job, it was time for Rev the revolutionary (or some called him the anarchist) to enjoy some freedom himself.

"Meh, Could be fun" he shrugged.

rolling init
    (1d20+1)[13]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Rundas

The hulking azure knight turned away from the bow, towards the starboard side of the ship as the grapnels lodge on. Still gripping his enormous blade, he begins strolling over to where the grapnels are, the demon in his brain already howling for blood.

Initiative - (1d20+2)[21]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faust's jaw hung loose for a moment as he contemplated what had just happened. His finger hung suspended in the air as he pointed to the other airship, drifting slightly to one of the chains that just rammed into his hull. "Did we...did we just get boarded?" He asked incredulously, tilting his head to the side as he stared at the boarding chains impaled into the side of his ship.

"Yes, yes." He replied to himself, "We just got boarded by the freaking victim here!" He yelled in disbelief, as if asking somebody to tell him otherwise. "What the hell guys, seriously?! Are we honestly so bad that even the freaking victims, when confronted by a ship as massive as ours, say, 'Oh, hey, it's only those guys, let's board them and take their freaking stuff!'?"

He grumbled to himself as he thought up a new course of action, knowing full well that his crew were actually quite decent. It was just that, you know, it was a bit unexpected for a ship so heavily outclassed to actually try and bring this into the one area Faust knew he could- and would- win. Like a goblin trying to beat a dwarf in a drinking contest!

"Keep level with these idiots!" He ordered, "And then blast them! Blast the piss out of them!" He cried, the urge to do so himself resisted by the fact that he was still human, and that he didn't need this sort of hassle in his life. That's what he had other people for.

Spoiler
    Show

Airship Initiative
    (1d20+3)[22]
    Airship Attack Rolls
    Crit range of 18-20
    (1d20+4)[23]
    (1d20+4)[11]
    (1d20+4)[11]
    (1d20+4)[22]
    (1d20+4)[17]
    (1d20+4)[14]
    (1d20+4)[17]
    (1d20+4)[23]
    Airship Damage (If successful hits)
    (5d6)[9]
    (5d6)[18]
    (5d6)[20]
    (5d6)[14]
    (5d6)[14]
    (5d6)[23]
    (5d6)[15]
    (5d6)[22]
    Enemy Airship must make 6 fortitude saves DC 18. For every one it fails, it must make another fort save: DC 10+damage of the attack in question. This is to see if the ship is set on fire, which spreads by one 10' square each round.
    Last edited by Darth_Malevo; 2009-09-14 at 08:12 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Odro smiles slowly.
    "I never would've thought they'd bring themselves into knife range."

He clasps the cloak he is wearing a bit tighter and summons Bleeder into his right hand, ensuring that Soft Spot is sheathed at his side.
    "Time for a bit of fun, I guess."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

hearing the abrupt cannon fire and screams of horror (in a fashion) fromthe captain, Zenno only imagines what kind of nightmares besides eternal boredom strike the wizzard.

while the action hasen't started, he sits back again and keep drinking his tea in a hurry, to finish it off before someone swinging a wepon drops it.
    Playing:

14. - Top - End - #14

The ship across from you starts hurling into the ground, you being attached to it are being drug with it.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Chimera

"Who's the genius that opened fire on it?" Reven asked in frustration, knowing all too well who issued such a moronic command. "I guess we can kiss the booty good-bye this time as well" for someone of such intelligence as Faust it was astounding how little in the way of common sense he had.

Reven quickly uses metamorphosis to change him and his psicrystal into young gold dragons, then both dive to the sinking airship to try and slow (or reverse) the process.

strength checks (young gold dragons have 25 STR so +7 mod right?)
    (1d20+7)[10]
    (1d20+7)[18]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Rundas

The hulking Knight's enormous claw simply grabs onto the rigging of the doomed ship and holds on for dear life, knowing that he would not survive a fall from this height.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

(OOC: This only applies if the airship is not enclosed. If it is, let me know and I'll rewrite.)

Odro runs to the edge of the deck and on the way materializes Thrower in his left and hand and hides Bleeder in his right.
    When he reaches the edge of the deck, he whips Thrower at the chain holding their ship to the other, attempting to sever it.

"Let's hope this works. It either works, or we die, it either works or we die... Damn!"

(1d20+22)[31]

Dmg:
    (1d4+2)[5]
    (1d6)[5]
    After striking, the dagger returns to Odro's hand.

Edit: Details added.
    Last edited by pirateking89; 2009-09-16 at 10:17 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

After finishing his tea, Zenno starts getting a little worried. I can (mostly) escape to the ethereal plane if we crash, but what about this folks here?. Then he takes a better look outside to evaluate the situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    How high we are? Just how fast are we moving? (or, in how many turns would we crash the ground - a cuple or a pack?) how close the other ship is? I though i had seen somewhere that the ship is like a tube, with no open deck... was that true? or i'm having halucinations?
    Playing:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC info for everybody's clarification:
    The airship has the Aquatic template, therefore it is enclosed. I would, however, forsee it having some sort of mechanism along the "top" of it for crew to enter/exit if necessary in an emergency, though it would be internally locked of course. There'd also be a prow-mounted loading/unloading bay for supply purposes, if those ever really needed to come up.

We are currently, as of this post, moving at 80 MPH. Which is 700ft per round in "standard" terms.

As for the time we will crash, I do not know, seeing as such info hasn't been supplied to me. I assume, however, that we have about 3-5 turns, more if I push the ship, until we crash. Even then, we will not crash, because I have landing gears and the crew necessary are stationed there. I also have drag chutes for JUST this occasion, so we're safe in that area if we need to decelerate.

As for the shape of the vessel, a metal tube is accurate enough. It is cylindrical in design, with the engines situated towards the rear of the vessel (Though there are swivels mounted on the engines, as well as the equivalent of "maneuvering thrusters"). I also have air oars for the vessel if that is your concern, which will give us an extra +20 MPH acceleration in an emergency. So don't worry: We're safe and as snug as a bug in a rug.

Twiddling his thumbs, Faust admired the clouds as they slowly passed upwards of the descending me the world. He had reached as close to godhood as he cared for: What could bother him at this point? He was perpetually healing, he could easily fell an entire cadre of regular spellcasters- And a Cabal of elite spellcasters!- without even breaking a sweat. What did he care if this airship was lost? He and his men could hijack another one, and in a few measly years- a pittance of time he no longer paid attention to- he would no longer be bereaved by having to walk on ground.

Really,he didn't even have to do that: A sedan chair was easy enough to obtain, and his crew well paid enough to do such work. His life was simple, the world his oyster. Yet he still struggled to make his mark upon the world, mere immortality and wealth no longer sufficient to tide him over. Now he craved fame, like every great man in a position like his.

But he wouldn't make the mistakes like they did: He would not confide himself to a single position, a nation that could be struck. He would be a moving, mobile nation: The Gesselshaft was just his first ship. His plans expanded to an entire armada, a fleet of unstoppable flying death engines that would mark him down in history forever.

Or just one ship, which he would amuse himself with until it broken. Then he'd find something else to amuse him. It really just depended on his whims: Whatever would provide the most infamy and amusement in the fastest fashion possible.

The sound of the altitude crystal dipping brought his thoughts more to the present, and the fact that they were- very suddenly- rapidly descending. Not that such a thing was a major concern, but he supposed that a bit more speed wouldn't hurt them. At the very least, it'd let the men below his current seat work non getting the hooks out of the hull. Such a silly device those men had used to ensure their safety. But on the iron hull of his vessel, it was little more effective than throwing alchemist's fire at it.

"Continue increasing speed, and tell the men to get to work on the heads of the chains. If necessary, get the weapon batteries trained on those chains. A single salvo should be more than enough to sever the nasty little things, but I'd just hate to waste some decent ammunition on these little nuisances."

Looking around, he urged them on with a sharp clap of the hands, "Well? Chop chop! It's a pain in the freaking ass to get the landing gears down, fidgety little cretins they are, and I'd rather finish this affair with a modicum of style!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Increase speed by 20MPH, to 80MPH total. Crew will attempt to uncouple the chains lodged within the hull. If necessary, all weapons will fire one salvo at the chains, with a minimum of one rocket each chain. +6 bonus from (effectively) point-blank range on the chains

(1d20+10)[25]
    (1d20+10)[26]
    (1d20+10)[11]
    (1d20+10)[18]
    (1d20+10)[19]
    (1d20+10)[30]
    (1d20+10)[25]
    (1d20+10)[23]
    (1d20+10)[12]
    (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by Darth_Malevo; 2009-09-16 at 09:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

seeing the entire crew and Odro choping down those chains, Zenno aids in the effort... at the best of his skill.

his own thin chain against the massive iron links plunged into the ship - he holds his wepon with both hands at the very end of it, takes a few cicular swings to add momentum and sudenly BANG! all his might unleashes in one blow.

atack roll: take 10 (due to wepon supremacy feat) with power atack 15.
    total atack roll: 25
    damage (2d4+50)[53]

Spoiler
    Show
    ok, ship intel updated! too bad it's not shaped as a "U", so we would be flying in a pirate U tube OOOooo i want that!
    Last edited by Beschoren; 2009-09-16 at 09:32 PM.
    Playing:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

Chimera

"Did that idiot mage just start shooting at the ship? With me under it!!!??? Reven asked himself. He had to put up with a lot of Faust's behavior, but this really was a bit much.

Still have around 20 minutes of this form. I'll be ok, but this ship is lost because of Faust anyway. Come my alter ego lets make it rain gold!!

With that both gold dragons take a deep huff of air in and exhale 2 cones of raging inferno right into the hull of the ship.

Damage (assuming it can't make its reflex throw since it's chained and sinking)
    (6d10)[25]
    (6d10)[37]

22. - Top - End - #22

The ship breaks apart into 2, Fausts ship levels out with the top half of the ship, however millions of gold pieces just start raining across the entire area.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenno's eyes shine as he sees all that gold coming down. he knows one shouldn't take material possesions as a guideline to life, but that dosen't mean he can't feel bad about seeing a bajillhon gold pieces falling down, so far from his arm's reach. hopefully there will be still be a lot of gold left on the broken ship, after it crashes.
    Playing:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Rundas, swinging from the rigging of Faust's ship, stares down at the waterfall of gold, his face unreadable behind his helmet. Shaking his head, the mutated knight switches his gaze to the remnants of the enemy ship, searching for any survivors.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh...dammit." The wizard muttered, watching the broken airship start spewing out gold coins. Upon seeing the hailstorm of gold hitting the ground, he became quite a bit more happy at the fact that he was going to gain renown. They'd surely remember this in the history books! How many airship captains got to shoot down a treasure ship, anyways? It was a once-in-an-adventure thing!

Well, he thought it was that, anyways. The important fact here was that he had managed to do something spectacular with the amount of firepower onboard, and that meant he'd just scoop up what he cared for down below and then hunt around for the next target!

Shame abut the airship, though. He had been hoping for something to use later on for his amusement (Read: Something to fill with explosives and then crash into the destination city's capital building). Oh well! He'd just amuse himself with what he had in the meantime, and let the boys down below get their pockets filled, their satchels heavy, and then let the airship come to a rest.

"Oh, It's raiiiiinin' gold, hallelujah, it's raiiiinin' gold!" He sung in his own 'whacky' way, all of the mercury in his brain having rendered him a wee bit unbalanced and thinking himself "Cute" with his outbursts. He knew that people didn't much care for them: They amused him, and that's why he kept reciting- poorly- bardic masterpieces.

"Bring 'er down! Then leave a skeleton crew, and send the rest of the lads out to collect what we feel like! We'll detach those chains later...and see if there's anybody we can aggravate for putting them there." He commanded, idly tapping his fingers onto the exotic throne as he waited for the inevitable procedures for landing. At least, he mused, they had enough men to do all of the tasks he wanted without having to wait for men to scurry around. A minor luxury, but a nice one nonetheless.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ascend, and decelerate for 2 turns to decrease to 50 MPH, which is the fastest landing speed. Then descend to the area with the most gold having rained upon it. Then deploy the landing gears (Standard action for the airship, full action for the 40-odd men manning them) and land this badboy!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

"All the gold is gone... All of it. Let alone the chance for a decent fight. I'll have to have a discussion with this wizard next time we have a bit of time alone. If all we'll be doing is blasting other airships out of the sky and picking through corpses, I'll find somewhere else to sell my skills."

Odro disappears Thrower and takes his seat, prepping for landing.

27. - Top - End - #27

The airship lands at the base of a large river, around you is a simple flat plains.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Zenno

Finally, I can do something

Zenno quickly talks to the other travelers on board to annunce he's going to do some scouting. anyone who can be stealthy or undetectable is wellcome. he's quite annxious about it. he leaps from the open part of the ship to the ground, with no runing required, to far, far away!

then he starts sneaking and scouting. if he finds an obivous treath, he is quite certain he can vanish before be noticed.

Spoiler
    Show
    cinematic ninja jump check: (1d20+38)[50]
    overpowering ninja stealth: hide:(1d20+27)[41], move silent:(1d20+27)[33]
    uncanny ninja senses: spot: (1d20+18)[23], listen: (1d20+18)[22]

swift action to turn invisible if I find any trouble. otherwise just scout the area and return to the ship before searching any piece of the destroyed ship
    Playing:

29. - Top - End - #29

You find a small roving group of gnomish bards, all playing a different instrument. They are sitting on a large pile of gold. The airship did not seem to dis settle them in the least.

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Rundas

The dark knight stands on the deck of the landed ship and sighs restlessly, waiting for the scouting party to return.