New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: King Saline IV

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Default King Saline IV

What Jillian did here with the mountain Giants might explain a lot of things. When King Saline IV got croaked, it mentions that the goblins broke their alliance which was extremely unusual. It was a surprise attack, much in the same way that Duncan Scone got taken out. Stanley is natural allies with gobwins, because Saline IV was too, and Stanley is his heir.

Charlie suggested this idea to Jillian, so he had to have experience of how this thing works (nobody in Transylvito had any idea what was going on) - he had to know of it to suggest it.. So there might be a link between Charlie cracking Saline IV's alliance with gobwins and what just happened here, as well as the shenanigans with the gobwins in GK right now.

Charlie might also be granted this power through the arkendish? Mass thinkagram to renegotiate with a new side? I dunno... he's tricky like that.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: King Saline IV

Quote Originally Posted by Krytha View Post
    What Jillian did here with the mountain Giants might explain a lot of things. When King Saline IV got croaked, it mentions that the goblins broke their alliance which was extremely unusual. It was a surprise attack, much in the same way that Duncan Scone got taken out. Stanley is natural allies with gobwins, because Saline IV was too, and Stanley is his heir.

Charlie suggested this idea to Jillian, so he had to have experience of how this thing works (nobody in Transylvito had any idea what was going on) - he had to know of it to suggest it.. So there might be a link between Charlie cracking Saline IV's alliance with gobwins and what just happened here, as well as the shenanigans with the gobwins in GK right now.

Charlie might also be granted this power through the arkendish? Mass thinkagram to renegotiate with a new side? I dunno... he's tricky like that.
    In that case, it could be said that he was responsible for Stanley being where he is today...

I think the word "Oops" quite succinctly sums that up. Failing that, in the immortal words of Homer J. Simpson: "D'oh!"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Even with gk transformed into a powerhouse, I wouldn't count Charlie out. He still seems to have vast resources at his command, and the arkendish can do who knows what else. Not having access to large numbers of gobwins might actually end up a blessing in disguise, as Charlie wouldnt be able to pull the insurgency trick - well... all the western giants rebelled and theyre heavies, so maybe it isn't just limited to base troops, but more like any.. tribal affiliation? But that could still be any unit type in the entire game as far as we know..

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Charlie responsible for Stanley.......Hmmmmmm
    Worlds Premier Simian Assassin

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe that's why no one but warlords and casters are allowed past the Situation Room doors. To prevent betrayal after Saline IV got croaked by some Gobwins.