New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default I'm pretty sure he is

Stanley was fairly smug that Ansom wasn't attuned, and seems to be able to do a variety of tricks with the Hammer. Unlike Ansom and his pliers, which he could only use as a weapon (that we saw, anyway).

I think this is one of those "the author thought it was so obvious from art and implications that it's never explicitly stated" kinda things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    How about the fact that humans can apparently breed with anything on two legs (or even four legs if you count dragons)?

Human: Hey elf, you look like a girl.
    Elf: To a human, everything must look like a girl.
    Human: What?
    Elf: Half-orcs, half-ogres...
    Human: ... shut up.
    Dwarf: Half-dragons, half-kobolds.
    Human: I said shut up!
    Elf: ...
    Dwarf: ...
    Human: ...
    Elf: Centaurs.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Is Stanley attuned to an Arkentool?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Dwagons can level too, which was why Parson divided them into A Dwagons and B dwagons during his bid to destroy Ansom's siege. He was delineating between dwagons of differing levels and capabilities...

obligatory link to source material
    Possibly. Parson divided them by move. Higher move may be due to a higher level or due to different types.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    Possibly. Parson divided them by move. Higher move may be due to a higher level or due to different types.
    Yeah, I would have assumed that was due to breed. Leveling, to me, seems more likely to bring about a boost to other stats in a heavy like dwagons, Although I suppose it could vary by breed, so Pink Dwagons are better skirmishers, Blue are Heavy hitters, and Red is all-around, which would change what happened when they leveled.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

I would guess at a combination of breed and level or just level, considering that all of Parson's carefully orchestrated dwagon attacks featured dwagons of multiple colours.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    An Arkentool wich she had no assurance that would actualy be usefull to them.
    Whether she had the assurance of it or not is irrelevant. She believed that the prophecy meant that she would get the Arkenhammer. She interpreted it incorrectly and is arrogant, as you rightfully point out.

That still doesn't speak against the fact that Wanda broke the "natural magic" of Loyalty. And we're not even entirely sure about what that means. But if personal judgement counts for anything, then Wanda didn't think she was betraying Faq.

Quote Originally Posted by Burley View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Archons are actually the strongest unit. I don't have the exact page, but I seem to remember 3 archons demolishing a stack of dwagons.
    Wounded dragons. Fighting against three warlords and an artifact.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerInPlayground View Post
    Wounded dragons. Fighting against three warlords and an artifact.
    Not at first. Thought, your point still holds: these are the dragons that were too wounded to continue taking one or two hits: they were really low on health.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Not at first. Thought, your point still holds: these are the dragons that were too wounded to continue taking one or two hits: they were really low on health.
    And against an artifact and three warlords.

Parson explicitly made a point about how bonuses are important in Erfworld:
    http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=/125.jpg

Jillian's leadership bonus alone made her Parson's first target once she decided to attack the dragons:
    http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=/071.jpg
    Last edited by LurkerInPlayground; 2009-11-01 at 09:52 PM.