New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Might Tarquin and Sabine have a 'history'?

A few of the most recent comics have Sabines reacting rather emotionally even at just the mention of Tarquin. It has me wondering if she isn't an Ex-Wife, I mean she can shapeshift and her original mission from director Lee might have been "infiltrate Tarquins organization". Her reactions seem to point to having a personal problem with Tarquin, It could be just her trying to protect Nale, but her reactions to others going after Nale have never seemed this emotional....

Well just wondering if anyone else out there thinks this is a possibility.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Might Tarquin and Sabine have a 'history'?

It could easily be how she met Nale. Infiltrate Tarquin's organization, but then she realizes Nale is a much easier target, what with his ego thing. I'm not sure if she fell in lovevil with him before or after the manipulation.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

I find it very likely they had sex given how both of them seem to approach it casually. Beyond that? Unlikely. Tarquin is not that stupid and even if he was (temporary love), he'd be too risk-aware and calculating to date a succubus.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Another stab to Nale's unstable self-esteem.
    Hmmm, I could actually see that happening.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Where you're seeing anger at Tarquin, I'm seeing over-protectiveness of Nale. She wants Nale to succeed, and sees Tarquin as constantly putting him down. Tarquin joining Nale's team makes it very likely that he will try to control the team.

Sabine loves Nale with all her otherworldly demon soul, and becomes angry at anything that gets in the way of his goals.

And the idea that anything short of a long term relationship would make her react that way is proven false by her many statments that she has casual sex very often, that being her job and all.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    I find it very likely they had sex given how both of them seem to approach it casually. Beyond that? Unlikely. Tarquin is not that stupid and even if he was (temporary love), he'd be too risk-aware and calculating to date a succubus.
    Unless he didn't know Sabine was a succubus.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think sabine's reacting emotionally is because of distrust for tarquin and protectiveness for nale.
    That said... did they have a story?
    With what we know of sabine, if we were to pick a random living being and ask "did they had a story at some point", "yes" would be a likely ansewr just for the statistical purpose. It is fully possible sabine bedded tarquin at some point, but if it happned, there's never been anything more.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    It is fully possible sabine bedded tarquin at some point, but if it happned, there's never been anything more.
    More than likely if you consider what she did in three hours (and errands).
    Last edited by Dr.Epic; 2011-12-22 at 05:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Maybe Sabine has her own plans for what's next in the Linear Guild's itinerary. She knows she can wrap Nale around her finger easily enough, but Tarquin has actual backbone.

Maybe she simply doesn't buy Tarquin's line that he's actually willing to side with Nale, when only a panel ago he was ready to kill him.

Or maybe she just reacts negatively because she's a frickin' demon, she's literally made of negative emotions - chiefly lust, but also with unhealthy doses of anger, fear, hatred, suspicion, envy and shame, to name but a few.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Or it could always be bitterness over the fact that they fought Tarquin before and obviously lost.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

A rebound after Elan's mother perhaps?
    \A/ Why play fair when you can "Technically" play fair. \A/
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah say ah canno' jump, ya' jus' 'ave ta' toss meh!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I am of the opinion that she may actually be an ex-wife, because she is much older than Nale, can shapeshift, and as Miko showed, can go from dead to alive rather easily. If she never revealed herself to be a devil to Tarquin, maybe he just went through the motions with her and never realized it. But she could still be harboring some resentment over it....

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

I may have said this a while back, but it would be pretty funny if Sabine was Tarquin's fifth wife, 'cause that would mean he compared her to her hated enemy.

But I thought the reasons for her reactions were quite obvious--she doesn't want him to get involved with the Gates because he is harder to manipulate than Nale and is a potential threat to the IFCC's goals. She's probably afraid of getting in trouble for this (and more importantly, since Nale is responsible for Tarquin's involvement, the Directors may feel he has outlived his usefulness).
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Considering that both she and Nale are in immediate danger of death from Tarquin and Malack, I don't think we need to look too deeply for the reason why she seems a bit agitated.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark