New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default conjuring class help?

I would like help making a class system that that "imagines" things and then concentrates to keep them existent. it would rely on skills (e.g. imagine (monster), autohypnosis, and concentration). one class would work on creating monsters, one on creating objects and energy, and one that would be a gish that buffs himself and his/her teammates. I would also like the classes to use non-leathal hp as their means of "casting." can you guys help?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: conjuring class help?

Wow, you just perfectly described the psion. Congratulations.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Kemek View Post
    I would like help making a class system that that "imagines" things and then concentrates to keep them existent. it would rely on skills (e.g. imagine (monster), autohypnosis, and concentration). one class would work on creating monsters, one on creating objects and energy, and one that would be a gish that buffs himself and his/her teammates. I would also like the classes to use non-leathal hp as their means of "casting." can you guys help?
    Psion and Psionic Warrior.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

the psion isn't exactly what I am looking for. it may sound like the psion, but I want it to be based on HP, not PP. I also want it to be a skill based system, and concentration to be much more important. I basically want:
    • a transporter (summons and moves things around (telekinesis and teleportation))
    • a creator (uses his/her own hp (energy) to convert it into matter or other types of energy, things like buffing, blasting, and healing, and the opposites)
    • a gish type that uses some of the above, but has the best buffing, some healing and moving around, and fighting ability
    • anything else that fits the concept of "imagining" something

I know, I to many people I may be describing a psion. but if so, could I have any suggestions to rework it into being more of the above concepts. I know the gish sounds almost exactly like the psionic warrior. any suggestions for alteration?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah... first off, magic mased on hurting yourself is a REALLY BAD IDEA. Wizards are ALREADY known for being squishy on the HPs.

For your first Bullet: Psion (Nomad)
    Second Bullet: Psion (shaper)
    Third Bullet: Psiwar

Any of the above concepts can be adapted to hurt you by taking Overchannel. Raise your power by hurting yourself.

And even if you don't like that, you could even go incarnum and check out their stuff. Most of it's based around 'imagining' magic items for their use.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2009-09-19 at 10:28 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show