New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Conquest of a New World

The Conclave

Babbage Hold
    Hurac the Elder watches wearily as a tumbleweed passes by...

New Amsterdam
    Taking a copy of the now-signed treaty of non-aggression between de Vrije Staat and the Conclave, Hurac the Younger waits for a moment before adding:

"I assume there's much demand in your Europa for all of this", he says while motioning to the vast fields outside, "and other products native to our lands?"

"I'm reasonably certain that much of what you cultivate here can grow in Conclave territory as well, particularly fruit. Given that we've got the means to adapt almost any environment to our will, I'm sure we can match much of your production here and probably provide better quality too, although we lack a way to transport it back to your world. We would, of course, be willing to sell you anything we don't need, although the price would have to be right as there are a wide variety of other colonial groups we could interest with this offer as well. So our question is this: are you interested in trading with us on the scale I am suggesting?"

"If you're going to stay here and, spirits willing, this soil remains fertile, economical cooperation seems like a wise move. Your Spanish Columbus, who I assume must be pretty well known in your world given that so many of your kind have followed in his footsteps, he did not understand this. He made the mistake of treating the native people like lessers, insulting them and trying to subjugate their culture and tempt their citizens with promises of wealth and power, and in doing so he dug his own grave and heralded centuries of wariness between our two peoples. It would be foolish to repeat that mistake."
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Empire of Japan (Vancouver island region), Regarding the Iroquois League

After several heated conferences, the leaders of the Imperial expedition had made their decision regarding the Iroquois League's Envoy and
    New Salzbourg's own missive. In the interests of the Heavenly Emperor, this region would be pacified and made into the first of his holdings in the new world. While the League's eyes were held by the creeping airships of New Salzbourg in the west, imperial soldiers marched forth from the east to drive bayonets into their vulnerable backs.

Lead by the Imperial Samurai, companies of soldiers streamed through the thick forests to capture outlying villages and were under orders to violently crush all opposition. These incursions were supported by a series of auxiliary camps setup along the main coast, with ships ferrying men and supplies between them and the base camp on the Vancouver island.

As an added boon, the Corporate sector's main labour force arrived during initial preparations for the invasion. (Add one point to Engineering attribute) It was decided that they would be put to the task of constructing roads to assist the army.

To Eldan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking the Iroquois League
    Using Army attribute, aided Technology
    (d3)[1](d3)[3](d3)[1](d3)[3]

Also constructing crude roads using engineering, aided by support
    (d3)[3](d3)[3](d3)[3](d3)[1]

To New Salzbourg
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am General Hojo Yorie, I have been tasked by the heavenly Emperor of Japan to bring peace and prosperity to the New World. Like you, we see the Iriquois Confederacy for what it truly is, and so these petty warlords must be brought to heel and understand the futility of their ways. As you read this, know that our forces descend upon our mutual foe; We wish you luck in your own struggle to overcome this enemy and perhaps in time we will have the opportunity to form a lasting bond between our respective people in this savage continent.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Umbria

Iroquois League
    Spoiler
    Show

Honourable Heathens of the Iroquois League,

Your cooperation in this matter pleases Us. We shall go over the intelligence you have provided in preparation for actual military action against the cancerous heathens.

Signed,
    The God-Emperor of Umbria, Ruler of All He Chooses To Rule

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To Umbria
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well, God-Emperor. If you wish to throw your fate in with the weak Iriquois - who, I hear, have suffered even further at the hands of Japanese armies to the West - then we will be glad to defend ourselves against a worthy foe for once.

I pray that your people do not question your godhood if you lose to a few upstart foreigners.

Richard von Metternich,
    Emperor, New Austria
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Umbria

New Austria
    Spoiler
    Show

To the Heathens of Austria,

You had your chance to behave peacefully. You have shown your true colors, Heathen. So easily as well. Prepare to Die.

We will take your precious 'essence technology' by force of arms.

Signed,
    The God-Emperor of Umbria Ruler of All Whom He Chooses To Rule