New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Death's mask comes in many forms IC thread

Many communities hold secrets, some darker then others. In the town of Hydrascale many things have been hidden away from the world. Looming over the town is a mountain know as Sapphire Peak. Its long jagged mountain sides reach up into the heavens, with the peak itself being concealed by the clouds. To the East lies the Ranous Forest, known as Myquisdul by the elves that inhabit it. To the west lies the limitless depths of the sea known as Cique.

Demons_Eye:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have been gone from your place of learning for many days now. The large ship that is carrying you creaks weakly against every wave. You're accommodations are meager but the wait is almost over. The captain can be heard yelling at his sailors, that land has been seen. Thats means that there is only one more night in this tiny room, and tommarow your skills will surely be tested.

Suddenly you feel a wave of nostalgia hit you and fall into your small bed with a 'thunk', soon sleeping deeply. You feel no magic at work, so there was no need to worry. It was probably just the excitement. Yes...the excitement...

Ridai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have been away from the town of Hydrascale for a day now, the full moon of night guiding your path back down to your home. The hike had been uneventful as usual. You could see the town's lights now but feel oddly tired. As you set up camp for the night you feel a cool breeze caress your cheek, and hear almost what sounds like a whisper. When you look back however there is nothing so you then finish your work. As you lay down inside your sleeping accommodations you feel oddly warm before sleep overcomes you.

Trodon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you make your way through the streets of Hydrascale you find a small inn. The sign above the door has the image of a proud standing eagle, but with a large slash across each wing. When you enter you find the place empty of people except for one older gentleman behind the inn's counter. "Welcome to the Stunted Ascension! You want room yes? Come with me my friend!" the man said with a jolly laugh before grabbing a key and leading you to the second floor, and then into a small but comfortable room. With a bow the nameless man left after placing the key onto the bedside nightstand. Laying onto the bed, you feel all the stress from your travels melting away. Sleep soon takes you.

Dreamscape:

Inside your dreams you see you life pass by you. Your accomplishments, your failures, your world as you saw it. Your family, your friends, your home. Then came your enemies, your hate, and your fear. It all zoomed through your eyes one after another.

Suddenly you feel your non-existent body being shifted to a new setting. You look around to see what could have been a temple at some point, but with everything being very distorted. The tile around you was broken and floating, statues looked as if they were screaming, the roof itself having the slightest resemblance to a grinning face. All that you saw around you was a mockery of life, but seemed as if it belonged.

You feel a tingling in your mind just now that seems to point you towards the alter, a monstrous abomination that looks slightly similar to the swamp trolls of myth but in the shape of a throne. On top of it stood an exceedingly beautiful woman that seemed to be a beakon of perfection in this disturbed domain. She smiles at you and extends her hand to you, offering it. You moved then, on compulsion, and took her hand. On contact you see images once more fly through your mind. This time it is the image of the gods, of their followers, and their temples. You see these images distort slowly, similar to how a candle deforms when lit. Eventually you cannot recognize anything from the images other then that they looked frighteningly akin to the temple the two of you now stand in. Letting go of your hand the woman smiles saddly and kisses your forehead in a motherly fashion. After that everything goes dark.

Unknown Temple (everyone Together):

All three of you wake up groggily, feeling as if you have been sleeping for ages. You all are inside a large temple with the morning rays of the sun shining through the stained glass windows. There are a few human priests wandering about with they're work but don't seem to have noticed you.
    Captured Powers (Avatar List):
    Spoiler
    Show

Pistis Sophia & Morwel (by Balford)

I am...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lawful Good Elf Wizard (2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 9
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 18

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Death's mask comes in many forms IC thread

Altarath slowly stands up stumbling a little bit. "What the, Where am I?"
    Last edited by Trodon; 2009-12-19 at 05:40 PM.
    My Homebrew Signiture.

Thank you Serpentine for my amazing avatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Consciousness slowly finds its way back into Sion's body and mind, seeing only a hazy mass of light and colors as he can only barely open his eyes at first. He realizes he isn't sleeping anymore-he can feel the Fire again-but tries to hang on to that feeling warmth and safety, that he doesn't have to worry.

The ground feels different. The young man slowly sits up, almost unconsciously touching his forehead and lightly blushing momentarily. The memories about the twisted realm and the serene woman standing in it still linger in his mind and he gets a strange feeling of familiarity, like as if the imagery might mean more to him personally than might be apparent.

Where am I? It takes Sion some effort to get to his feet, all the while looking around disoriented and in disbelief. He can feel the Fire more strongly right in that moment, the sensation heightened by his uncertainty, and acts as a relentless reminder that he must be always vigilant, worried about others because of himself.

When the young man is mostly awake, he almost instinctively adopts a calm and composed expression despite what is going on in his mind, something that comes naturally to him. He notices the other two figures who seem as out of place as he himself probably does. Taking a few steps forward, he tries to get one of the priests' attention. "Excuse me?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Adem wakes as the others do, in a mind wrenching daze, trying to move his body. He finds it hard at first but after a few tries he gets it down and jumps up in a tense stance. His grandfather told him stories of evil wizards throwing people int to mazes or even sorcerers sending people back in time or into other planes. It would not be unheard of for a wizard to take his rage out upon his enemy's family. He looks around heart beating loudly, eyes alert for danger when it finally hits him.

"Mogget? Mogget where are you?" He yells for his cat. After looking around he yells at anyone that will hear him "Have you seen my cat?"
    Last edited by Demons_eye; 2009-12-19 at 06:25 PM.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

5. - Top - End - #5

"Your looking for a cat? I'm sorry but I have seen no cat around here. I'm not even sure where 'here' is, do you?" Altarath says as he begins to look about the temple.
    My Homebrew Signiture.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

As you three react to your current predicament a priest, a younger man with short brown hair, walked over to your present location with a bow. "Excuse me gentlemen...but how exactly did you get into here? Services don't begin for at least another hour" the man asked politely, his eyes inspecting each one for ill intent.
    Captured Powers (Avatar List):
    Spoiler
    Show

Pistis Sophia & Morwel (by Balford)

I am...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lawful Good Elf Wizard (2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 9
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 15
    Charisma- 18

7. - Top - End - #7

"I don't know how we got here, I was asleep in an inn and when I woke up I was here. Where is 'here anyway?"
    My Homebrew Signiture.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

"I am very sorry about this... intrusion of ours, but as my companion said, we honestly do not know how we got here or where we are." Sion bows apologetically and subtly begins to look for any religious insignia or objects he might be familiar with. In this moment, rolling with the situation is as important as making the man they are talking to realize that they are in full possession of their mental faculties and telling the truth, as unrealistic as it may sound. Failing that, apologizing again for the incident and leaving quietly would be the next highest priority.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2009-12-20 at 05:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

"Seen a cat?" Adem asks the man. He moves closer to the group still looking but more attentive to the man.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"