New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery V (some [spoilers])

Point I was making is that a +3 bonus to jumping is pretty pathetic next to a +20 bonus.

That's assuming its +6 and not +4 (which would only be +2 to jumping).

The girdle doesnt make all that much of a difference to Roy's jumping ability.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2009-11-10 at 06:49 AM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    Given the combination of only 4 ranks, an ability score penalty, and Improvised Tools- for him to be successful, the interpretation that the ability score penalty is actually not all that high, does make sense.
    Which is exactly my point.

As for Ring - Belkar had at least one occasion to loot it (in fact, he had 6 months to do it) - and I don't see him giving anything to Roy, nor Roy not returning borrowed item.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecan View Post
    You know what? I quit. I'm tired of going through these arguments with the same people every time someone wants to debate Belkar's Wisdom score. This is the third time I'm gone through this debate and nobody's presenting anything I haven't already seen and considered. I'm not going to convince you; you're not going to convince me. And I'm not going to write something I absolutely think is wrong under the rules. But I'm not going to engage in this debate any longer either. It's frustrating and and it makes this thread an utter chore for me, and I used to do it for fun. It's not fun for me anymore.

So I'm out. If someone else wants to start a Class and Geekery VI thread, please do so. I will ask for this one to be locked. That way there won't be any duplicate threads and the mods won't shut it down.
    I see no problem with the entry as written now, supported by the FAQ. I find it a balanced approach between hard evidence (Wisdom penalty) and reasonable precision/error on the author's part (Owl's Wisdom) without even having to go into the finer details of whether Wrecan or his gainsayer's are right on the interpretation of the scroll rules (where, btw, I agree with Wrecan, but it's beside the point).

I hate to see you quit, Wrecan. I will support any continuation of this thread, as long as the precision and burden of proof remains at the extremely good quality that Wrecan has maintained throughout the years he has kept this necessary thread updated.

Thanks for your excellent work, Wrecan - I am impressed by the efforts you have put into this, and hope it will not be wasted.

... aaand I see the new thread is up! Thanks, RMS Oceanic!
    Last edited by Vargtass; 2009-11-10 at 08:38 AM.
    There aren't really any exclusive or original ideas on TVTropes. That's kind of the point.
    - Nerd-o-rama.

Avatar by kpenguin, who is gratefully acknowledged!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    And don't even get me started on the Belkar hater and ridiculous assertions of abysmally low wisdom. Hint - read the comics where Belkar uses profession.
    Of course, what was I thinking? "I have an ability score penalty" rather than, "I have a big ability score penalty" not only establishes that Belkar's Wisdom is barely below average, but also trumps all the times throughout the comic that he shows his absolute lack of foreknowledge, attention span, patience, or self-awareness.

Or maybe you mean that he was able to produce vulture stew which the creature in the darkness judged at least as good as a weeks-old cheeseburger? Regardless.
    Last edited by Kish; 2009-11-10 at 01:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

1) week old cheeseburgers can taste the same as seconds old cheesebugers if they are from maccas
    2) he has shown intelligence of a machivellian level several times and role playing idiocy and ignorance doesnt equal a big penalty
    I Am A:Neutral Good Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-14
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-16

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

As per Wrecan's decision to resign from the Class and Level Geekery threads, please take all new discussion of stats and abilities to the Class and Level Geekery VI thread.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

7. - Top - End - #367
    Firbolg in the Playground

Under V's feats, "Maximiz Spell" should be "Maximize Spell".

8. - Top - End - #368
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Rainbow mod: Thread necromancy
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.