New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default PASSIVE™ ~ "The comic about the game wot is being made"

Hello GiantITP.
    If you're here it means your wondering what "PASSIVE™" is, well; I shall tell you.
    PASSIVE™ is an RPG game system that I have been working on quietly for about 3 years, give or take a few months. I've been working on it on and off, building it from the ground up to combat all the personal icks and annoyances that I have had with games such as D&D™ or GURPS.
    The main gripe I had is the following:
    "Aww man, your character is so cool... I wish I could do [insert thing your character can't do] like you can..."
    Sound familiar?
    Well with PASSIVE™ I aimed to build an RPG around freedom of character development, you want to do something that your character currently can't? well learn to do it! No restricting your character other then the restrictions you put on it yourself.

Something else that really ground my gears:
    "Ok, I've hit the goblin, so now I'll just stand around and wait to be hit back..."
    Yeah, because if you were in a fight you would really do this wouldn't you?
    In PASSIVE™, I decided to use something I call BattleFlow™ in order to allow combat to seem fluid and continuous, the idea being about in a "Turn" stringing together a combo of actions to perform one after the other in quick succession, its all about being fast... so you could for example say; pop out of cover, fire a few shots before ducking back down and reloading. All that in your turn, none of this; move, attack, stand and look pretty whilst the dragon unloads nine levels of pain onto you.

And from the above mentioned item, you might see "Wait, Fire... reload? what setting is this?".
    An excellent question Timmy! thank you for asking it! PASSIVE™ is set in a futuristic setting, so expect colonies of Humans (or Khin, as there known in PASSIVE™) stretching across the cosmos, interstellar FTL travel, alien races with high tech weaponry and yes... Mech on Mech combat (Planned for later development)

Please keep in mind that PASSIVE™ is in ongoing development, so what happens in this comic may not actually be like it is when I finally finish making the game.

"So what is this comic about?"
    This comic is based around the idea of a group of people, helping me to develop PASSIVE™ in being Alpha testing it with bare bone rules, so as this comic goes on, you may be able to work out how the game works (Don't worry, I plan on making a thread in another part of the forum with all the information about the game as I work through it) and even want to try out the system yourself!
    As long as you don't use it for personal gain, I REALLY DO NOT MIND!
    In fact I would welcome it if people (when they think they have enough information) to try alpha testing it with their friends then letting me know the results!

Due to being the only person currently working on PASSIVE™, Any help others can provide would be much appreciated!

SO! without further adue, I give you...

PASSIVE™ ~ "The comic about the game wot is being made".

Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2014-04-04 at 08:36 AM.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PASSIVE™ ~ "The comic about the game wot is being made"

Just want to appologise for not yet uploading the first comic, I'm currently away from my PC
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!