New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Still Not Safe #2 [M&M 2nd ed]

Quote Originally Posted by Matar View Post
    Todd turns on his heels and faces James. His face is completely stoic; an expression you have never seen grace Todd's face before. His hands are behind his back, and you can tell his eye's blaze with youthful passion behind those green sunglasses. He begins to speak, his voice filled with power.

“James, we need to train. Not in the unhallowed metal corridors that we are used to, but in the wide open world where the sun is on our backs and our spirits are free.”

Todd brings one his hands in front of himself and balls it into a fist.

“I have called you here today, Battle Brother, to help me create a secret technique. I have noticed that, during out last mission, our PSA does not need to cover our entire body... I wish to take advantage of that. I wish to remove that line that divides us and out soul!”

With the sound of a crashing wave, Todd brings his hand down. Whether or not this is luck, or expert timing is a mystery to you.

“And that is why I have called you. With your help we will remove that line. We will not sell our souls like for Power like Devon did. Instead, we will embody our souls.... and become power! So James... will you help me?!”

Spoiler
    Show

Perform: Taking ten: 28
    "Of course I will help you brother. I thought that devon's way is the only way to get power, but you opened my mind, Todd. Let us get stronger together." [/COLOR]
    ---

A few hours later, some time after todd's dramatic entry James rushes from the door.

"Sorry I'm late. A martial artist like me late to a duel of honor... I have no excuses." he bows toward everyone.
    Last edited by Fri; 2009-10-28 at 06:28 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Ben Brooks
    Defense: 25 (Due to Defensive Attack)
    Damage: Unharmed

Ben would give Akira one thing, he was good. The kid adapted quickly and kept him on his toes, and so far neither of them had been able to land a telling blow. Ben saw the cable move and threw himself into the air as Akira sped toward him, all but ignoring the chaingun fire. When the other boy made his move, Ben neatly curled himself into a ball and rolled up and over Akira as he went by. He swiped out with a foot, fire trailing from it as it normally did with his fists, hoping to tag Akira in the back of the head before he could get his guard back up.

So far, Ben kept on the cautious side. He measured Akira, testing his defenses, trying to get a read on just how strong his attacks were. Sooner or later he would stop playing around and turn up the aggression, but the warm-up was interesting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics: (1d20+15)[31]
    Autofire Defensive Strike 10: (1d20+5)[16]
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2009-10-28 at 08:56 AM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Banned

(fights are listed in chronological order)

Ben vs Akira:
    Unfortunately for Ben, his attack misses. But so does Akira's - he was hoping to fire his chaingun at point blank, but you were able to outmaneuver him and dodge the stray of projectiles.

Lorne (possibly) vs Takeshi:
    "Ready?" Without an incantation, Takeshi summons his armor. Its shape is dark red heavily muscled, although still obviously metallic. There's also a huge horn on its forehead. The PSA materialized with clothes - a long black coat and trousers, and a white wrapping around the stomach. The hands are wrapped as well.
    As soon as his PSA is fully materialized, Takeshi charges forward. (initiative: 18)

Todd (possibly) vs Akiho:
    "Come to me, New Year's Dream!" Akiho bounces up when summoning the PSA, and when she falls down it's already on her. Her body is covered in black armor in a feathery pattern, and to further the bird-like impression, she has a large pair of black wings sprouting from her back. The PSA does not reach her head - it is unarmored, except for a ninja-like scarf that covers her face from the nose down. She also wears a rather skimpy (although you can only see dark metallic feathers underneath) red-and-gold kimono, and each of her hands grasps a short Eastern looking sword.
    (Initiative: 22)

James (possibly) vs Kazuma:
    Kazuma does not transform. He just stands there, looking very reluctant. More than reluctant - scared, even.
    "You can do it, Kazu-kun!" Akiho cheers from the secure observation room.
    "I... I don't want to. I pass, okay?"
    The boy looks at his amplifier uneasily. It seems he's going to need encouragement to spar.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-10-28 at 10:31 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Ben Brooks
    Defense: 20

"Let's see how you like playing with fire, Akira!" Ben's amplified voice filtered through his helmet as he took to the air again. The seams in Ben's PSA widened slightly, allowing a red glow to seep from them, and fire began to pour out much like they had with the cracks in the ground during his transformation sequence. The fire spiraled and then surrounded him before he channeled it down to pool in his hands with an effort of will. The flame formed into a ball which stayed the same size but seemed to concentrate as more fire flowed into it. Then Ben held his hand out at Akira. The ball flashed, then shrank down to a pinpoint before roaring out in a sort of beam at his opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blast 10: (1d20+10)[26]

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    Lorne (possibly) vs Takeshi:
    "Ready?" Without an incantation, Takeshi summons his armor. Its shape is dark red heavily muscled, although still obviously metallic. There's also a huge horn on its forehead. The PSA materialized with clothes - a long black coat and trousers, and a white wrapping around the stomach. The hands are wrapped as well.
    As soon as his PSA is fully materialized, Takeshi charges forward. (initiative: 18)
    Lorne nods, and then intones "Keeper of the Four Winds--Aeolus!" After his transformation sequence is complete, he flies up to the room's ceiling and analyzes his opponent. He then causes the air itself to slice into the other boy's armor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Analyzing Takeshi's PSA, using Nemesis, and doing a Telekinesis attack (Perception range, so no attack roll).
    My pronouns are they/them.

Avatar courtesy of Elagune's OotS manga reinterpretation!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Banned

Lorne:
    You detect that Takeshi is a well rounded combatant, and focuses on close ranged combat. You gain Drain 2 (any attribute, ranged) and Snare 2.

Your attack hits him, but there's no effect other than a single rip in his coat. It's like he even didn't notice.
    "Haa!" He launches a powerful uppercut in your direction, but this time powerful doesn't mean fast. Or at least fast enough - as you manage to avoid it.

Ben:
    "Urgh!" Akira grunts as the beam of fire hits him. He stumbles a bit, but quickly regains his balance due to his thrusters.
    "I see I found a worthy opponent. This is... awesome!"
    He stretches out his right hand in your direction, the chaingun already gone. From under the palm a metallic tentacle-like protrusion shoots out, electricity crackling on its surface. It tried to wrap itself around one of your arms, but you quickly evade. Getting grasped by things like this is no good.

(Akira got a Bruise.)

Todd:
    "Wahoo!"
    Akiho starts spinning, turning into a whirlwind of blades that quickly advances in your direction. Blocking all her cuts would be very difficult, but you manage to jump out of the way, if just barely.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-10-28 at 01:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Todd would offer some words of encouragement for Kazuma, but he has no idea what he's saying.

But if he did, it would be good.

"Green Wizard... showtime!"

Bright Green armor begins to cover his body at a rapid pace. The sound of creaking and groaning metal fills the room before quickly fading. His body glows with a soft green light. It's not flashy as Ben's transformation... but it gets the job done.

Sadly, however, Todd didn't ready himself fast enough and was soon caught off guard by Akiho.

Spoiler
    Show
    I got Ninja'd D:! Also, I'm guessing she moved past me after attacking? If this is a melee attack I get a +4 to my hit chance, and is she standing next to me?
    Last edited by Matar; 2009-10-28 at 01:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Banned

(I've edited Akiho's action in, and since she missed you can move now.)

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Kay. Is she next to me right now or do I need to move to hit her? And was that a melee attack, because if it was I get a +4.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Banned

She is next to you and yes, that was a melee attack.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    FYI, I shouldn't I be fatigued? I sorta thought I was, seeing as how James and I have been training all this time.

"Hey babe, sorry if I try to finish this quickly... but I am -really- tired."

After saying that Todd jams his fist towards Akiho's body, ignoring the spikes that surround her. His first punch is followed by a second, and a third, and a fourth. At the end of his assault Todd puts all of his youthful passion into his last punch and drives it straight into her guy, intent of sending her across the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Flurry of Blows: Power Attack+All out attack [5] [roll]1d20+14[/roll]
    Gravity Control Aura to slam her against the far wall.

Damage is 15+1 for every two points above her defense. If I roll low imma use a hero point to fix that. Especially[ if I am fatigued, which I planned on being. Your call.
    Last edited by Matar; 2009-10-28 at 01:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Banned

Todd's attack is very effective, sending his opponent flying.
    "Yaaa!" You can hear a yell as she goes towards the opposite wall, and crashes into it. Akiho tries to get up, and even manages to do so but with difficulties.
    "Ow, owwie... okay, I give up. You're too strong. Hmph! But that was super cool, really! Even if I didn't know what you said. Was it 'you are already dead'?" She sounds as if she was sulking at first, but since the tone immediately changes into normal cheerfulness then she probably was only pretending.
    Anyway, it seems the fight is over.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Lorne:
    You detect that Takeshi is a well rounded combatant, and focuses on close ranged combat. You gain Drain 2 (any attribute, ranged) and Snare 2.
    ((I already have a ranged drain-any attack))

As Lorne attempted to misdirect Takeshi with some aerial acrobatics, his arm-mounted cannon slides out, but this time it looks different. Lorne's arm shudders as a series of black cylcones fly at the Japanese Shifter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 to Acrobatic Bluff as a move action, and then power attacking for 2 with Abstract Erosion, attempting to drain Toughness. If it hits DC 20 Will save to start with, +1 per every 2 over his defense; loses 6 points of Toughness on a failed save, and they start coming back at a rate of 1 every 5 rounds.

(1d20+10)[28]

Oh yeah, and my Corrosion aura is in fact on, so if he hits with a melee attack it's a DC14 Fortitude save to avoid another Toughness drain, followed by a DC19 Toughness save.
    Last edited by Haven; 2009-10-28 at 02:16 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have no idea..." Todd removes his PSA and colapes on the ground in a sweaty mess. "What you're saying."

Todd lays on the ground, breathing heavy, but it's obvious he enjoyed himself. It wouldn't be surprising if he fell asleep, given how exhausted he is.
    Last edited by Matar; 2009-10-28 at 02:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Ben Brooks
    Defense: 13

Hm...seems like the warm up is getting old quick. I guess I should move things along, then. Ben thought to himself as he readied another attack. This probably won't work, but I might as well give it a shot. he smirked underneath his helmet as his hands began to glow again. Then he kicked it up to full speed, following that grasping tentacle thing all the way down to its origin point and unleashing his own flurry of blows. He led off with a flying kick, then pivoted to slam his other leg into Akira, then filled the area with the sound of armor ringing on armor as his fists took over from there, trying to pound his opponent into the ground until he relented. Completely on the offense, he left himself almost totally open to counterattack, trying to end things right then and there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Autofire Strike 15 - All-Out Power Attacking for 5 on the Charge:(1d20+12)[16]
    I don't have my book with me, but I believe that's -7 to defense from All-Out and Charge, -5 to Attack from Power Attack, but +5 from All-Out, then +2 attack from charge. So a total of -7 to Defense, but +2 to Attack and +5 to damage. Adjust it if I'm wrong.

Guh...screw you dice roller. Did we get any Hero Points back? Because I'd very much like to use one right now.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2009-10-28 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Timeline issues.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Banned

Lorne:
    (Right, my bad. Make that Snare 5 then.)
    Takeshi was not distracted, his eyes focusing on his target - you. Maybe he focused a bit too well, because he did not manage to escape your cyclones in time.
    "Argh! What's this..." It seems he can feel his armor eroding. But it doesn't last long - he focuses in a firm stance and a burst of power can be felt, but not seen around him. With that, his PSA returns to its normal state.

Ben:
    (Yes, you have hero points. It's only fair to give you them since the Japanese team members are using theirs too. I assume you're going to reroll so not making an IC post yet. Also, Todd is chronologically fighting after you're done, the fights occur at the same time only out of character for convenience.)

17. - Top - End - #287
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cat gasps, almost inaudibly, as Akiho goes down. She tenses, then relaxes as the Japanese girl picks herself up, unharmed. It's not hard to tell that she's honestly, and pleasantly, surprised Todd didn't do her serious damage.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, then I'll go back. C'mon, Cat, Emi, let's get away from the people bludgeoning each other" he says, gesturing forward towards the viewing window, as they head there.

----------

"It seems we don't look interesting enough to fight or something" he jokes, but he doesn't sound like he laments it too much. However, if anyone is paying attention, you might notice that while he watches, very intently, all the matches, his hand is in pocket - the same pocket where he usually puts his amplifier.

He tenses a bit on seeing Todd's ATATATATATAck, but when it becomes obvious that fight has ended well, he relaxes, and he actually sighs outloud. His grip on his amplifier also seems to loosen. "Well, bullet one dodged. Let's see how we dodge bullets two and three" he quips, grinning slightly.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2009-10-28 at 04:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fascinating defense," Lorne comments earnestly. Lowering his arms, his right shoulderpad opens up and discharges a concentrated purple blob at Takeshi.

What a strange chemical mix...my armor seems to have tailored a powerful adhesive specifically for Takeshi. I'll have to scrape some off the floor and take a look after this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Snare is a ranged attack roll, right? If so I'll fly to within 50 feet and power attack for 3, to bring that up to an even DC 20 reflex save.

(1d20+9)[20]
    Last edited by Haven; 2009-10-28 at 04:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    "Well, then I'll go back. C'mon, Cat, Emi, let's get away from the people bludgeoning each other" he says, gesturing forward towards the viewing window, as they head there.
    "No, I want to stay around. If someone gets hurt by accident, it won't hurt if there's a healer close... Just hold onto this." Emi gives Andy the DVD case she's holding. "It's for Lorne, I'll give it to him when his fight is over."

Indeed, Emi stays at the battle arena (although not close enough to get in the way of the combatants) and with Genesis summoned, deactivating it only for a short time between fights to prevent long-term fatigue. If anyone receives any noticable damage, she's going to heal them once their fight is over.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Banned

Lorne's snaring blob flies straight for Takeshi... who swats it aside with one of his wrapped hands! Only a few strands are stuck to his arm, and it's a good thing for him as they become solid almost instantly.

"You have many surprises for me." Your opponent comments stoically, before running straight, below you after which he kicks up into the air! But he miscalculates the distance and you only have to float a little bit up to avoid getting hit.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hero Point Reroll: (1d20+12)[29]

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Banned

The eye flashes brighter red as Ben quickly approaches, Akira materialises a sword again, ready to parry your attacks. But while his tactic is sound, compared to you he is simply too slow. His defense falters with each attack, and finally he falls down on the spot.
    "I'm... beaten up. This is where I am defeated." Although his helmet's eye is all black and cold now, his voice from behind it sounds normal, although rather saddened.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Ben Brooks

Ben's helmet retracted into his shoulders and all of the flame extinguished itself. He grinned and reached a hand down to help Akira pick himself up off off the ground. "Don't beat yourself up over it. You almost had me with that wire trick; and the way you make your weapons appear out of thin air is really cool! Can you create things like rocket launchers and laser guns or anything like that, too?" he asked, genuinely impressed as they got out of the way for the next fight.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Banned

"I only create what makes sense for Kai to use." Akira sounds more cheered up, as he gets up thanks to Ben's help.
    "I'm not sad. That was a great fight."

Sometimes later (read: after Todd's fight):
    "Wow, are you alright?" Akiho bows down to see what's the matter with Todd. She got over her lost fight very quickly, not only mentally but physically as well. She looks as healthy and energetic as before you started.
    "Hmm, you can't understand me, can you? Let's try this! Akiho's great debut in English. You okay?"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Lorne's snaring blob flies straight for Takeshi... who swats it aside with one of his wrapped hands! Only a few strands are stuck to his arm, and it's a good thing for him as they become solid almost instantly.

"You have many surprises for me." Your opponent comments stoically, before running straight, below you after which he kicks up into the air! But he miscalculates the distance and you only have to float a little bit up to avoid getting hit.
    "Mm. Well, I've got one more," Lorne says modestly, as the segments on his arms slide out and the palms of his gloves open. The shifting wind pattern on his armor begins to swirl wildly, and the air hums as some machinery in the suit's arms starts to collect electrical potential, drawing it into a ball of abnormally colored lightning coming out of his palms. With a surprisingly calm gesture, the sphere flies straight at Takeshi, trailing lightning as it goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ball Lightning Power Attack for 4! One DC 22 Will Save vs Stun and, and a DC 22 Fort save vs Paralyze. Also it's Homing.

(1d20+8)[11]

...well at least it's homing >.>
    Last edited by Haven; 2009-10-28 at 06:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Banned

"Too slow!" Takeshi jumps towards a wall, bouncing off it and readying a mighty somersault kick as he flies in your direction!
    But he misses again, although it was a close one.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

"Too slow!" Takeshi jumps towards a wall, bouncing off it and readying a mighty somersault kick as he flies in your direction!
    But he misses again, although it was a close one.
    "Likewise. By the way..."

While Lorne readies and fires another sphere, the air around Takeshi reionizes into another attack!

Spoiler
    Show
    One for the homing from last round, and then firing another power attack 4 sphere this round. (1d20+8)[12]

(1d20+8)[9]

...Used up all my good rolls on non-ultimate attacks, I see. On the other hand, Akira isn't doing fantastically himself.
    Last edited by Haven; 2009-10-28 at 07:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Banned

"Nice dodge." Takeshi now has to struggle against two projectiles at the same time. Although he's close to you (at least when still airborne), you're not sure if his arms' movements are supposed to be an attack, or only to adjust his balance and make him avoid the balls better.
    (In other words, a REALLY bad miss)

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nice dodge." Takeshi now has to struggle against two projectiles at the same time. Although he's close to you (at least when still airborne), you're not sure if his arms' movements are supposed to be an attack, or only to adjust his balance and make him avoid the balls better.
    (In other words, a REALLY bad miss)
    "And yours," Lorne returns the compliment, launching another orb. The area around them is now saturated with electricity--the observers' hair is probably starting to stand on end.

Spoiler
    Show
    Homing from last round: (1d20+8)[24]

This round's attack: (1d20+8)[16]
    Last edited by Haven; 2009-10-28 at 07:26 PM.