New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Still Not Safe #2 [M&M 2nd ed]

Andy follows Cat, trying very hard to forget he just lost a chance for some alone time with her, but otherwise being his normal self, and joking all the way.

He, in fact, is much less cold to Todd, waving at him friendily, but he also makes sure his body language says very clearly "busy, sorry, later", walking in his usual quick steps. He's got some pretty good guesses of how Todd is going to milk that "we're busy" for teasing, and half of him really wishes he was right, but eh. What can you do. At least that way he'll stay away for a while. Emi and Todd really aren't a good match. Though on the other hand, anger might be good for the Japanese girl, let her blow off steam, and nobody is better at making people angry than Todd.

When they arrive at Emi's door, he gives three knocks on it. "Hey, Emi. This is Andy and Cat. You sleeping?"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Emi actually considered going to sleep, but Andy and Cat appeared before she had the opportunity to do that.
    "Um, no, I'm awake. Hi." Once again the door opens enough for her face to show - she still looks exhausted, but more emotionally than physically. "Um... Any particular reason you came to visit me?"

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Meanwhile, in the past...
    Sara shakes her head. "I don't believe in answers that simple because they belie the complexity of the issue. There's already a scapegoat for the SEs ... the SEs themselves. Humanity has always been divided, but throughout history we see time and time again the thing that unites them is a common enemy. The tactic of leaders has always been to define these common enemies, but when you get down to it the differences between each individual human is entirely surmountable. That's why it never really lasts. And now, finally, we have an enemy entirely unlike ourselves - physiologically and psychologically - whose only goal seems to be our destruction, and we are not united against them. Something is not right. Even if we weren't naturally united against our enemy, some ambitious politician should have taken advantage of it by now."

"The whole thing stinks to high heaven. Somebody - or something - is keeping humanity divided and that worries me. A lot."
    Last edited by TooManySecrets; 2009-10-08 at 04:35 PM.
    Smart is knowing that Frankenstein wasn't the monster. / Wise is knowing that Frankenstein was the monster.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Sara's discussion with the psychologist continues.
    "Perhaps it's SECT that the Thoughts' members have a grudge against, and the SEs are just an excuse. I wish I knew how their minds work, but I never had an opportunity to talk with one of their members. Until I do, I can only speculate."

"It would be best for you not to worry too much about Thoughts of Ascension for now. We can't do much about them for the time being anyway, that's what Commander Richard has his 'field agents' for. You're free to think about it of course, but don't let it consume you."
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-10-08 at 05:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125

"Oh, so you didn't talk with the agent they captured?"
    Smart is knowing that Frankenstein wasn't the monster. / Wise is knowing that Frankenstein was the monster.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Firbolg in the Playground

"We were going to go walk around the island a bit. Get some fresh air, you know. Thought you might want to join us," Cat explains to Emi. "You could bring your guitar, see if we can find a spot with good acoustics."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna roll Diplomacy - (1d20+8)[18], as much for the chance of failing horribly as for the chance of actually persuading Emi. Oh, and if she's secretly crushing on Cat I think I get a +4 on that. :P

7. - Top - End - #127
    Banned

"As much as I'd like to, I was not allowed to see her yet. Maybe the higher ups will let me do that later." Miss Darius smiles, and there is mischief behind the smile's warmth.
    "You're not trying to use me as a source of information, are you?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know. I don't really feel like going anywhere at the moment..." Emi doesn't look very motivated, but there is hesitation in her voice.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129

"Ah, come on," Cat wheedles. "We were gonna get Lorne to come along too if you're worried about being the only quiet person present. The Japanese team want to see what we're made of in our next training, you know? We need to come up with a strategy! And a way to keep them safe from Todd."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Andy nods. "Indeed. Besides" Andy grins, "You need to have a walk, air your ideas a bit. Your brain's gonna develop mushrooms at this rate"

11. - Top - End - #131

As he's sure that the psychologiical torture time had ended, James goes back into the buidling, with a towel around his neck.

He looks at the others wistfully, this is just like back then at school. No matter where he is, he's never able to mingle with people. It's not like he don't like people, he's just really shy and don't know how to talk to people. But, people thought that he's that cold silent guy type. She was the only one who he can talk freely, and now, she's gone.

James then sees how Todd invites Emi for a candyland game and fails. He's a little strange and reckless, that Todd, and a biit too huggy, sure, but he's strong and skilled in battle, and that's what important here. He's also passionate, and unlike him, he knows how to mingle with people... even when people actively rejects him. Outside battle, he's almost like his exact opposite.

Maybe... just maybe...

James coughs and gathers his courage.

"You really have your way around people, don't you?"
    He said, trying to keep his cool and act like he's just passing by previously. Damnit, it sounds really sarcastic now. Damn his british upbringing.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Todd nods his head.

"Indeed! I mean, sure, I get turned down alot, but you have to understand. There are two Todd's! The one you see before you, and Todd... THE ACTOR! One can be denied, the other..." Todd gives a dramatic bow "Cannot be. Of course, no one ever buys that until I prove it, but... yeah."
    Last edited by Matar; 2009-10-09 at 09:45 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133

James was taken aback for a bit. Usually, people always thought that he's being ironic or sarcastic, no matter what he said. But this todd, he's better than that. Maybe this could work after all.

"I'd prefer beatings rather than rejections you know. Especially constant rejection. You do have thick head..."

Oh god. Wrong metaphor use, isn't it?
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Ben Brooks

Ben elected to remain in his room, seated at his desk occupied by his computer terminal. Since Thoughts of Ascension had made themselves public, the news agencies were no doubt in an uproar. So he went to all of the major news networks, browsed blogging sites, watched clips of pundits raving about some part of it or another. The small TV in his room was tuned to CNN and he kept some part of his attention on it while it played in the background. He wanted to know just how their announcement was being received as well as the general public opinion before he went to that conference with the others. If he was going to speak for SECT, he wanted to know everything he could about the situation first.

He also kept an eye out for the articles about him and the campaign against his "imprisonment" that would be springing up. The crazies would be coming out of the woodwork now.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2009-10-09 at 09:53 AM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

"I never really let fear stop me from doing things. Sure, being rejected sucks, but without it life would be bland and tasteless. But with it? With it life is spicy and tangy, like a well cooked moose burger!"

A pause.

"But yeah, I love to fight to. Help gets the heart pumping, ya know? Fighting with words, or fighting with my fists. My youthful passion makes me great at both!"

Todd is obviously far from humble.

16. - Top - End - #136

He's not mad! Todd really know how to deal with people after all. James crossed his hand and lies his back on the nearest wall.

"I never had a moose burger, so I won't know. Is it good? Still, fight with fist I can handle that. But with word... I don't know how you can handle that. You have your way around people, I felt that myself. I'm just curious on how do you do that."

Anyway..."
    James struggles to find something to talk. "How's your relationship with Devon? Still following her around?"
    Last edited by Fri; 2009-10-09 at 10:17 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

"I never had a moose burger, so I won't know. Is it good? Still, fight with fist I can handle that. But with word... I don't know how you can handle that. You have your way around people, I felt that myself. I'm just curious on how do you do that."
    "Oh yeah, there great. And, well. I was always good with words, ya know? Until I hopped into the Green Wizard I normally got my ass kicked in a fight... not that it bothered me, mind you. I fought for kicks. But still! Until I got into the Green Wizard I wasn't great at fighting. Words though? Always been good with them. I just don't try most of the time."

Anyway..." James struggles to find something to talk. "How's your relationship with Devon? Still following her around?"
    "Of course! When I see her, that is. And I guess it's going good. For me, at least. I'm enjoying myself. Of course, I always am."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Banned

Ben finds that media generally do not side against SECT, either providing the news of what happened in a relatively bias-free fashion or actively portraying Thoughts of Ascension as dangerous terrorists. Although you do come across mentions of SECT using underaged employees and putting them in dangerous situations. No professional news servers actively call them as using child soldiers - but even a short search through the 'net reveals the "Save Benjamin" protest page, and there's bound to be at least several more similar ones. And judging by the number of comments that pop up, the number of anti-SECT activists is huge.

But overall it seems the public opinion is by SECT's side so far. Maybe it's because too many people suffered because of SEs, and the memories are still fresh.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

"Well..." Emi struggles with something inside her. "Alright, I'll go, but don't blame me if I spoil the fun, okay?"
    The door closes, only to open wider after several seconds, revealing Emi with her guitar now. She still doesn't look too enthusiastic, but there must be something she's looking forward to if she decided to come. Maybe meeting with Lorne? "And just to let you know, if you could contract brain mushroom from spending too much time inside, I'd have them ages ago already."

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

"Good, good!" Andy laughs. "It's great to see you coming voluntarily. I was fearing I'd have to grab you and bring you myself" No, chances are, Andy isn't fully joking. It's not entirely impossible he would have picked her up and carried her in his shoulder if she refused. We Spanish are a rather physical people, and Andy is more than most.

"And I wasn't talking only about that when I talked about mushrooms, my dear Emi" he adds, while winking knowingly at Cat. And with that cryptic comment, he steps forward. "Now, to find Lorne, no? Let's get moving, then"
    Last edited by Drascin; 2009-10-09 at 04:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

"Nice to be you." James said as he corrects his shades' position with his fingertips. He then looks at the rest of the team. "I never knew how to deal with other people myself. Especially with girls. Especially with girls like Devon. I wonder how you can do that."

He continued. "It might be important for us, actually. To... be able to mingle with people and whatnot. I wonder if I can...

He pushes his shades upward.

Learn from you."
    Last edited by Fri; 2009-10-09 at 06:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Todd nods his head, and then says something rather... unexpected.

"Learn through experience, right? Hey man, I have an idea... Look, the commander is a great man and all, but I don't like how they are handling the ToA's. So... how about we... Well."

Todd points to the sky, or ceiling as the case may be.

"Let's get dangerous. Let's grab the Loli can check out getting a secret interview. There letting us keep our PSA's, so it won't be an issue getting away from our guards. Contact a news station, or do it ourselves and post it online. Put on a shower of respect for the dead, and make the faithless have faith, ya know? Strike the ToA at it's core... it's people. Whadda ya say?"

23. - Top - End - #143

"Oh yes..." Said James in a strangely collected voice. "You don't know how good that plan sounds in my ears... "

This is getting better and better. The ToA part, of course, not the loli part.
    Last edited by Fri; 2009-10-09 at 06:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed! Come, let us find the loli and try to talk her into helping us with this. Come, my brother in arms... to destiny!"

Todd heads off to find to Sara. His stride is gallant, and full of determination. When he finds her he tells her about the plan to do a speech or secret interview, and asks her for ideas on it.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Emi doesn't comment, one of her reasons being that she's not really sure what exactly did Andy mean there. She follows when the other two go to look for Lorne, or whomever else they happen to meet on the way.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146

Still in the past...
    "Of course not. I wouldn't even think of suggesting it."

"That being said, it would really put my mind at ease if I knew the thought process of people like that. Oh well."
    Sara fakes a sigh.

I think that's enough retro-active time travel...

As expected, you find Sara in one of the computer labs. She's simultaneously using her laptop and one of the SECT computers. You can't see what she's doing since the monitors are facing away from the door. Deep in concentration, she doesn't notice James and Todd.
    Last edited by TooManySecrets; 2009-10-09 at 08:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh Loli!"

Todd walks up behind Sara after yelling out like that, places one of his hands on her shoulder and leans over to whisper in her ear.

"I have a plan. How would ya like to get... dangerous? If ya are, we need to go to a place where we won't be over heard."

28. - Top - End - #148

Sara quickly turns off the computer and closes down her laptop. You see a fleeting glimpse of some news site or something similar.

"Alright Darkwing, let's get dangerous."

She shoves her laptop into her backpack and shuts down the computer.

"Where we going?" she asks, looking between Todd and James.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

"Away."

Todd nods his head.

"An hour walk about, at our camp site. It's away, and we go there alot. So... onward!"

Todd heads out, and begins walking towards the camp site. The walk takes about an hour, and unless someone says something is rather uneventful for the most part. If Sara get's tired on the way, he offers her a piggy back ride, but only if she get tired on the walk there.

((Basically, we are walking towards the camp site. Imma wait for Fri to post before saying we are there though >_>))
    Last edited by Matar; 2009-10-10 at 02:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

"Don't worry. We're not going to breach any law... yet."

James sighs. He's supposed to protect the adrenaline junkie, but now he's going to ask her to do questionable things. And why does everything above sounds kinda wrong in his head?
    Last edited by Fri; 2009-10-11 at 04:17 AM.

Spoiler
    Show