New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    No stereotypical British solutions should be used against cat mating, as it could also happen in America, in Australia, in other parts of Europe, Somewhere in Asia, etc. A few sprays of water could repel cats without the use of something British.
    Yeah, but it is happening in Britain, so British solutions shall be used. In America, you should throw apple pie at mating cats.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Yeah, but it is happening in Britain, so British solutions shall be used. In America, you should throw apple pie at mating cats.
    Apple pie is not really American, in fact it is British in origin.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty sure crumpets have better aerodynamics than slices of apple pie. We could throw the whole pie, though, Tron-style. ...That would be rad.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

4. - Top - End - #394
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Apple pie is not really American, in fact it is British in origin.
    We're talking about stereotypes here, not true facts. If you do want to use something made in America, shoot the cats with a Colt revolver.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

We're talking about stereotypes here, not true facts. If you do want to use something made in America, shoot the cats with a Colt revolver.
    Now that sounds like a plan!

6. - Top - End - #396
    Bugbear in the Playground

This thread looks fun. I'm joining. Throw a hamburger at the american cat.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Geeergh. Two Page essay+ten equations+current events preparation+coming home late from College Bowl+a run-in with... well, let's just say a very arrogant bastard to keep it within the rules of restricted forum topics=Phase not being an especially happy camper.
    Last edited by Phase; 2009-09-30 at 06:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

That would leave a much bigger mess than an apple pie.

Also, throw hamburgers at them... in America!
    EDIT: Damnit, the Ninja!
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2009-09-30 at 06:31 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

9. - Top - End - #399

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    That would leave a much bigger mess than an apple pie.

Also, throw hamburgers at them... in America!
    EDIT: Damnit, the Ninja!
    Ahahahahehahaehaa!

*steals away into the afternoon*
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Hey, I'm not all too creepy in real life!

...You know, not often, anyway...
    but this is the internet. no one cares who or how people are in real life.

EDIT: dammit... I hate how it takes me to the first unread post instead of the last page...
    Last edited by KataraAltinaII; 2009-09-30 at 07:00 PM.
    "The Mormons were right."

11. - Top - End - #401

I'm skipping out on gaming because I'm not in a stable mood in order for me to play effectively. I feel slightly guilty of it, but it really is better if I don't show up. I hate it when I fall into these moods, but it's difficult to pull myself out of them.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

This thread is basically Twitter with a larger character limit and no spambots.

Which, you know, is pretty much a substantial improvement. Ride that fine line between blogger and twit, you know?
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    This thread is basically Twitter with a larger character limit and no spambots.

Which, you know, is pretty much a substantial improvement. Ride that fine line between blogger and twit, you know?
    *shrug* Sometimes the thread has decent discussions, but this doesn't seem to be the case as of late.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Ah... I remember the days back in '07 when men were men, women were men women, and small furry creatures from Azure City were small furry creatures from Azure City.

One thing about the playground will never change: people complaining about how much it sucks these days. And it never actually does. I find this ironic...

15. - Top - End - #405

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    One thing about the playground will never change: people complaining about how much it sucks these days. And it never actually does. I find this ironic...
    My motto for the past few days has been "Stuff Sucks", but I imagine that will change after tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    *shrug* Sometimes the thread has decent discussions, but this doesn't seem to be the case as of late.
    The main problem is the development of a decent topic to relate on, meaning that if no one can think of a good topic, then random rambling is often what follows.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Feh. When I was your age, everything was on fire. And I had to walk 1,440,000 miles every month! And I had to go uphill all the way!

Youngins these days.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

You kids should be thankful that topics randomly come along to discuss!

Why, back in my day, we had to slog through chest high snowdrifts up hills, just to reach the top before we could even SEE a sensible topic to discuss

*loads shotgun* Now get off my lawn! Damned youngsters.
    Last edited by Moonshadow; 2009-09-30 at 07:36 PM.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    My motto for the past few days has been "Stuff Sucks", but I imagine that will change after tomorrow.
    My motto, for the past ten years: "Don't complain about it if you haven't tried fixing it."

20. - Top - End - #410

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    My motto, for the past ten years: "Don't complain about it if you haven't tried fixing it."
    If by "fixing it" you mean "spending four days doing nothing but homework to get it all done", then I'm doing exactly that.

I may have to repeat the process next week, but hopefully what I have to do then won't take as long. Hopefully.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

My motto for the past twenty-thousand years is "Dying's for mortals. Leave them to their suffering."

22. - Top - End - #412

My new motto

"If it ain't broke, it hasn't been used properly."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, I think you should be kind to your knees, young sir. You'll miss them when they're gone.

A lot.

My friend was taking a dance class and he thought, hey, Jazz dance should be light and good exercise.

Then he realized it was brutal and good exercise. Then he started having problems with his knee joints but decided, eh, I'll just tough it out even though I'm taking a dance class too advanced for my body's ability to perform safely.

Now he has to have physical therapy for his knees and they may never work prop'ly like again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

I can speed up the process... *twirls sledgehammer*
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

25. - Top - End - #415

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki_Jaggar View Post
    I can speed up the process... *twirls sledgehammer*
    That must be murder fpr your wrists.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, the center of gravity makes t quite easy to twirl a sledgehammer, if I understand the sentence properly.

27. - Top - End - #417

NecromancerGuy

In America, you should throw apple pie at mating cats.
    No. White Phosphorous. Or Thermite in a pinch or you're out.

Phase: It's still pretty awkward to do unless you've trained at it or have strong wrists. Because you have to either have the strength for the upswing or... be able to maintain the speed necessary to keep it up.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-09-30 at 11:49 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partof1 View Post
    My new motto

"If it ain't broke, it hasn't been used properly."
    conversely, there's a phrase that was used about how to fix things, in reference to the stuff of legends--Duct Tape [spelled Duck Tape in this phrase because of the way it's set up.]

"If it can't be duck'd, it's f***ed."

bcause Duct tape fixes anything.

29. - Top - End - #419

NecromancerGuy

Duck Tape is a name of a brand of Duct Tape. Due to that colloquialism
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Duck Tape is a name of a brand of Duct Tape. Due to that colloquialism
    I know.

and I call it Duct tape. it was one of those things that just had to be spelled differently for that particular occasion.