New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by KataraAltinaII View Post
    I know.

and I call it Duct tape. it was one of those things that just had to be spelled differently for that particular occasion.
    Well within your rights, sirrah. After all, it's what Willy Shakes did.

The best part of course are the accents where there is no real distinguishing the two words without contextual clues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

I get into this pattern where I forget to post here, then don't want to jump back in because I lose track of so much of the thread.

Well, here's me breaking that cycle. Again. Actually I guess it's only a page, but still.

Aaaand....

Right, so, protip for all y'all. If you want to get something accomplished don't start a Telltale episodic game at around 2:00 PM.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-09-30 at 11:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Well within your rights, sirrah. After all, it's what Willy Shakes did.

The best part of course are the accents where there is no real distinguishing the two words without contextual clues.
    exactly, my good friend...

and of course, don't let those wacky Aussies or Zealanders tell you bout the stuff they think is duct tape... it just ain't the same thing.
    "The Mormons were right."

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

...We have Duct tape? I didn't know that...

We have simple sticky tape, for paper and American products, and we has Masking tape, for hiding where you screwed up building something, which, at its best, is as strong as cement (Depending on how much you use). And at it's worst, it's as effective as an old guy's spit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Banned

Rutskarn, I object! Twitter is one-way communication, forums are two-way. Heck, once I learned to think of Twitter as a broadcast medium of very low bandwidth a la RSS feeds, I became reconciled to its existence. Then I thought of all the people who believe they're having conversations over Twitter, and what that implies for how little they care about other folk, and became bitter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Ah... I remember the days back in '07 when men were men, women were men women, and small furry creatures from Azure City were small furry creatures from Azure City.

One thing about the playground will never change: people complaining about how much it sucks these days. And it never actually does. I find this ironic...
    Nothing says "community" like a statement which implies the speaker was happier before meeting the members of this community! (If you think the implication is rude, imagine strolling into a group and announcing outright, you're all wastes of oxygen, but if I want friends locally, it's you or nothing. ) Then the sort of speaker who would make that non-ironic comment wanders over to the community of the lost and misunderstood and complains that nobody seems to appreciate his/her/its presence.

Confession resurrection: Sometimes, I read these threads just for the laughs.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Are you laughing with us, or at them, Quin? Those are the only two options, yessir.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Rutskarn, I object! Twitter is one-way communication, forums are two-way. Heck, once I learned to think of Twitter as a broadcast medium of very low bandwidth a la RSS feeds, I became reconciled to its existence. Then I thought of all the people who believe they're having conversations over Twitter, and what that implies for how little they care about other folk, and became bitter again.
    Recursive objection!

Twitter can, in fact, be used for (insular) discussions--admittedly, discussions that can only be participated in by hunting down the twitters of all sides. I've even had a philosophical discussion over Twitter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

exactly, my good friend...

and of course, don't let those wacky Aussies or Zealanders tell you bout the stuff they think is duct tape... it just ain't the same thing.
    ...What gods did they anger to get forbidden from possessing Duct Tape so that they have to use MASKING tape instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

I have no idea...

maybe it was trying to use a psychotic, ravagaing hellhole as a home... I'm not sure.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

I have no idea...

maybe it was trying to use a psychotic, ravagaing hellhole as a home... I'm not sure.
    Wow. You know, I once thought of visiting Australia once.... that website has put me off.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #431
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ohmygodsohmygodsohmygods!!
    Oh!
    My!
    Gods!!
    WE HAVE RUNNING HOT WATER!! FROM TAPS!!
    I'm going to be taking my first bath in eight years tonight!

Hot water from taps.
    :happysigh:
    It's been so long.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Oh!
    My!
    Gods!!

Hot water from taps.
    It's been so long.
    Congratulations Curly.
    Enjoy the hot water.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh!
    My!
    Gods!!

Hot water from taps.
    It's been so long.
    Enjoy your bath. Hopefully no one will be watching.

Hot water is something that several people take for granted, but then again it could be the set up of the water heater or the pipe that caused the running water.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

14. - Top - End - #434

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Hot water is something that several people take for granted, but then again it could be the set up of the water heater or the pipe that caused the running water.
    I'd think most people who have it take it for granted.
    We've not had a hot water heater since we smashed up our old bathroom to turn it into my old bedroom and now we have a new kitchen and a bathroom and there's hot water.

There was a giddy grin and accompanying laugh earlier when I turned on the hot water tap and felt warm water suddenly turn to hot.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Wow. You know, I once thought of visiting Australia once.... that website has put me off.
    haha, wow...

well, I wasn't trying to demean the place... I just thought it fit the chat at the time.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

haha, wow...

well, I wasn't trying to demean the place... I just thought it fit the chat at the time.
    The amount of ways you can die in Australia just scares me a little. So many poisonous and huge animals.

Largest reptile in the world is not something that puts 5ft 4ins Fred at ease.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #437

The hot water in this house is rather slow to work. You have to switch on the heating to get hot water, then wait about 20 minutes* before it's actually hot.
    Fortunately, the shower works on a separate system, and if I need hot water to do washing up I can just use the kettle.

*This may be an exaggeration but not as much of one as you'd expect.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd think most people who have it take it for granted.
    Well, it's only been around since, like, the Romans.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Fortunately, the shower works on a separate system, and if I need hot water to do washing up I can just use the kettle.
    This is what we've been doing. It gets boringly dull. Oh yeah, and we wore out twice as many kettles as we normally do.
    About two a year.

EDIT:
    @^: Yah. Those ROmans knew what they were on.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-10-01 at 01:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #440

This is what we've been doing. It gets boringly dull. Oh yeah, and we wore out twice as many kettles as we normally do.
    About two a year.
    Well, since I don't use the kettle for anything else, I'm not overly bothered. I'm not much of a hot drink person.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #441

Well, since I don't use the kettle for anything else, I'm not overly bothered. I'm not much of a hot drink person.
    Actually I'm not much of a hot drink person either, tea and hot chocolate aside.
    It's the numbers I'm worried about. There's six humans, all of us have a favourite hot drink, two dogs - both of which like tea, and a cat who'll drink Lady Grey with sugar or hot chocolate.
    Plus we often get visitors who like tea and coffee.

By the way, it's quite amusing that the Demoncat has her own mug that she drinks out of. She also has her own table settings, complete with tablecloth. Well when I say tablecloth I mean tissue paper. But you know.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

...and a cat who'll drink Lady Grey with sugar or hot chocolate.
    By the way, it's quite amusing that the Demoncat has her own mug that she drinks out of. She also has her own table settings, complete with tablecloth.
    Ascending new heights of pet spoiling.

EDIT: Pics? I gotta see this!
    Last edited by Pyrian; 2009-10-01 at 01:39 PM.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

23. - Top - End - #443

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Ascending new heights of pet spoiling.

EDIT: Pics? I gotta see this!
    I'll try and catch her tonight, but I can't guarantee anything because I'm going away on Monday.
    Besides, my Demoncat deserves it. She's . . . almost certainly the most maipulative creature in the entire street, but she's elegant while doing it!

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #444

I don't drink hot drinks at all. I kind of feel like I should drink tea (Because some stereotypes I like more than others), but the one time I tried it, I didn't like it. May not have been great tea, though. At some point I'll try some better tea with a slice of lemon rather than milk. If anything works, that will.

ION, the lights in the bathroom are broken. Not completely, though - when you try to switch them on they flicker on and off in a way that's rather more disconcerting than just staying in the dark.

@^: That description makes me think of Discworld elves.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-10-01 at 01:47 PM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

My entire damn campus is uphill. Don't ask me how it's possible, I'm just reporting the facts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Largest reptile in the world is not something that puts 5ft 4ins Fred at ease.
    Freddy is small tiny

I kind of feel like I should drink tea ... but the one time I tried it, I didn't like it
    BLASPHEMY!
    Tea is the greatest drink on earth, with milk. Without milk... it's awful, but that's irrelevant!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

27. - Top - End - #447

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    BLASPHEMY!
    Tea is the greatest drink on earth, with milk. Without milk... it's awful, but that's irrelevant!
    Bleh. When I tried it the milk was the only thing I could taste. Well, maybe the sugar as well.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Freddy is small tiny

BLASPHEMY!
    Yes, I know, but I don't care, being short isn't a disadvantage to me.

And you're right about the tea.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #449

I don't drink hot drinks at all. I kind of feel like I should drink tea (Because some stereotypes I like more than others), but the one time I tried it, I didn't like it. May not have been great tea, though. At some point I'll try some better tea with a slice of lemon rather than milk. If anything works, that will.
    Earl Grey, black, with a slice of lemon: amazing!
    Y'see, I'm not a fan of milky tea, and I only ever have half a teaspoon of sugar in mine.

ION, the lights in the bathroom are broken. Not completely, though - when you try to switch them on they flicker on and off in a way that's rather more disconcerting than just staying in the dark.
    Oh dearie, dearie me Thufir. You're being haunted by something and it'll come in the night.
    It'll come in the dark as you slumber fitfully, tossing and turning as your primal sense scream to your unconscious mind; screaming the warnings of millennia as the thing which breathes on the other side of the reflection crawls out from the erupting shadows and stumbles in towards your bedroom.
    Sluggishly, you'll awake from your eerie half - sleep as your primitive terrors force you into uncomfortable waking where you know only that it is coming, but you know not what it is.
    You creep your way over to the bedroom door and see that the bathroom lights were left on by another housemate and you go to turn them off, only to see out of the corner of your eye a lithe and unwholesome thing slip with its preternatural grace out of another room and float towards you. You, who simly stand there, frozen in the full realisation of it.
    You will never escape it.
    It will take you.
    It will take you back behind the reflections into the world where it will play with you, eat you, tease you and eventually end you.
    You will never be again.

@^: That description makes me think of Discworld elves.
    Umm, cats are Discworld elves. Remember what Magrat says.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-10-01 at 02:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Eye twitch eye twitch! Aaauuugh.

Not crazy!

Hot water is pretty ok. Good for showers. I found that no showers other than the nearest one are any good here. Why did I find this out? Because they were fumigating the halls because of cockroaches. fuuuunnn.