New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    The amount of ways you can die in Australia just scares me a little. So many poisonous and huge animals.

Largest reptile in the world is not something that puts 5ft 4ins Fred at ease.
    Then live in the South, like anyone who isn't an idiot. (No offence to my idiotic friends in the Northern States who want to die)

Up North you get Hurricanes, you get Tsunami's, and you have Giant Crocodiles who think you look damn tasty!

Down south, we only have some Great White Sharks off of certain coastlines (they love to eat our penguins and seals), and if you're in Victoria, our crazy weather.

And then there's the lizards, snakes and spiders that infest almost all of non-suburb/city Australia.

I've seen a Saltwater Crocodile up close once, at a zoo... the thing just sat there. Smiling at me. Not moving at all. I looked away for one second to talk to someone, looked back, and it was facing me with its mouth open. Now I know it just does that for temparature reasons, but still!

My dad went to Darwin once and went on a tour that deliberately baits one of the things and shows it off to everyone buy holding a big thing of meat out over the water and watching the Croc leap out of the water and chomp on it.

It sounds scary as hell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Then live in the South, like anyone who isn't an idiot. (No offence to my idiotic friends in the Northern States who want to die)

Up North you get Hurricanes, you get Tsunami's, and you have Giant Crocodiles who think you look damn tasty!

Down south, we only have some Great White Sharks off of certain coastlines (they love to eat our penguins and seals), and if you're in Victoria, our crazy weather.

And then there's the lizards, snakes and spiders that infest almost all of non-suburb/city Australia.

I've seen a Saltwater Crocodile up close once, at a zoo... the thing just sat there. Smiling at me. Not moving at all. I looked away for one second to talk to someone, looked back, and it was facing me with its mouth open. Now I know it just does that for temparature reasons, but still!

My dad went to Darwin once and went on a tour that deliberately baits one of the things and shows it off to everyone buy holding a big thing of meat out over the water and watching the Croc leap out of the water and chomp on it.

It sounds scary as hell.
    Hmmm, disaster weather and all manner of poisonous creatures and world's largest reptile v.s All manner of poisonous creatures and Great White Sharks.

I just think I'll stay here in Blighty, where all I have to worry about is the Adder and EVERYONE ELSE IN ENGLAND!
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

How, our weather isn't a disaster down here in the south! It's just a little crazy. Like the other day, we thought it was going to rain, until the sudden blinding sunlight attacked.

And our beaches aren't great for swimming, anyway.

Your best bet is to come to Melbourne, stay in the city, see the sights, and then leave. Unless you want a thrill, then we've got heaps more to offer. (Though the sites in Melbourne are impressive. Eureka tower, the Rialto, the MCG, Etihad Stadium, the Yarra River (Translated: The upside-down river), St. Pauls Cathedral (Just make sure you're not nearby when the guys who run the place decide to ring their bells. All of them. At once. it drowns out conversations through half the city...)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Oh dearie, dearie me Thufir. You're being haunted by something and it'll come in the night.
    It'll come in the dark as you slumber fitfully, tossing and turning as your primal sense scream to your unconscious mind; screaming the warnings of millennia as the thing which breathes on the other side of the reflection crawls out from the erupting shadows and stumbles in towards your bedroom.
    Sluggishly, you'll awake from your eerie half - sleep as your primitive terrors force you into uncomfortable waking where you know only that it is coming, but you know not what it is.
    You creep your way over to the bedroom door and see that the bathroom lights were left on by another housemate and you go to turn them off, only to see out of the corner of your eye a lithe and unwholesome thing slip with its preternatural grace out of another room and float towards you. You, who simly stand there, frozen in the full realisation of it.
    You will never escape it.
    It will take you.
    It will take you back behind the reflections into the world where it will play with you, eat you, tease you and eventually end you.
    You will never be again.
    Well, at least my demise is of some literary merit. This sort of thing would be why you're the Goddess of the Written Word.
    The start of it makes me think slightly of The Raven, the end makes me think of Lovecraft.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Eye twitch eye twitch! Aaauuugh.

Not crazy!
    Why the twitches?

Hot water is pretty ok. Good for showers. I found that no showers other than the nearest one are any good here. Why did I find this out? Because they were fumigating the halls because of cockroaches. fuuuunnn.
    Joy. Cockroaches.
    At least you have a shower though.

Because I've decided that I'm never going to use a bath again. It took so long to fill up and then all I could think was that I was sitting in my own dead skin and stuff and the bath was too narrow and slippy and any movement made it shriek and *shudders*. Not to mention washing your hair is so awkward.
    I want my shower back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Well, at least my demise is of some literary merit. This sort of thing would be why you're the Goddess of the Written Word.
    The start of it makes me think slightly of The Raven, the end makes me think of Lovecraft.

It's not all that good. And the reason why the start made you think of The Raven would be because I was reading it earlier in conjunction with Nevermore by Queen for a story.
    I could have gone for something more Doctor Whoish, but the shadows and the Vashta Narada was far too obvious, so I went for the thing behind reflections. Any reflections. Who knows when the next reflective surface will birth another thing out to take its accidental summoner back into the place behind the reflection?
    I'm glad you liked it though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #456

I've decided that I'm never going to use a bath again. It took so long to fill up and then all I could think was that I was sitting in my own dead skin and stuff and the bath was too narrow and slippy and any movement made it shriek and *shudders*. Not to mention washing your hair is so awkward.
    exactly. I have long sins decided that baths are evil and completely impractical. Haven't taken a bath in 4years. And that time before that must be close to 7years now.

Join me on my crusade against baths

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

How very dare you.

How. Very. Dare you.

Twitches because exhausted and sick and I need to finish this freaking e-learning peice of excrement in two hours and my head really really hurts and my eye WON'T STOP TWITCHING.

8. - Top - End - #458

hehe, right forgot you were around
    well you are also a doctor so that cancels out that you are a bath.

9. - Top - End - #459

It's not all that good.
    For something you wrote (Presumably) just off the top of your head, while posting, it's very good. Maybe not when compared to things you take more time over.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    exactly. I have long sins decided that baths are evil and completely impractical. Haven't taken a bath in 4years. And that time before that must be close to 7years now.

Join me on my crusade against baths
    My problem with bathing is more just that I feel like I'm wasting time just sitting there in the water when I could be doing something productive.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    well you are also a doctor so that cancels out that you are a bath.
    That's like saying "Oh, don't worry, I was talking about everyone else in your minority, not you. You're almost tolerable!"

11. - Top - End - #461

well it's pretty late here. So I'll use that as my excuse for my unusual tactlessness. I'm sorry Dr Bath

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    My problem with bathing is more just that I feel like I'm wasting time just sitting there in the water when I could be doing something productive.
    Yeah! You could be posting on an internet forum!
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    That's like saying "Oh, don't worry, I was talking about everyone else in your minority, not you. You're almost tolerable!"
    "Oh, no, not you, Minister! No, you most certainly are to be trusted! You know, you might almost be a civil servant yourself..."

@^: Precisely. Amongst other things.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-10-01 at 04:53 PM.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Showers>>Baths.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Showers are more efficient, while baths provide a time to relax. I prefer showers to baths, because showers take less time, not to mention that several places do not even have baths.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

You're all jerks!

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

I prefer having a shower, but I prefer talking to baths.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

i think Bath is a pretty cool guy. eh fights grimy finger and doesn't afraid of anything

19. - Top - End - #469
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Hmmm, disaster weather and all manner of poisonous creatures and world's largest reptile v.s All manner of poisonous creatures and Great White Sharks.

I just think I'll stay here in Blighty, where all I have to worry about is the Adder and EVERYONE ELSE IN ENGLAND!
    come to New Mexico (The American Southwest). we don't have any killer animals (unless drunks count) and there's no hugs disasters that hit the area.

we're just the best place ever.

oh, and the best people in the world too .
    "The Mormons were right."

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

It's too hot, though...

21. - Top - End - #471
    Orc in the Playground

only in the summer (and certain parts of said southwest)

it was actually pretty chilly today.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

No one will survive New Mexico come the Black Mesa Incident. New York is the place to be when the world ends.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Pfft, the best place to be will be in the middle of the Ocean in an underwater fortress with an army of trained sharks!

...Where did I leave that, anyway? Hmm...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

nope. American Southwest.

There's nothing here, so not even nature will care who hides here.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

The reason there's nothing there is because it's incapable of sustaining most life.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Especailly intelligent life.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not realy sure is you saw this, so I deleted my old post and brought it here, sorry if you've read it already; I can always delete it.

Some people that work at my scool are idiots!

In gym I got in rouble for PDA, apperently my teacher saw my frend crying on my arm as sexual. I got to do jumping jacks, run laps, and now he's going to be watching me for the whole year. God I hate coaches.

Then at lunch I tossed my freind my bag of chips. The AP made me sit at the D-Hal table for 'throwing food across the table and starting a food fight'. I didn't start any food fight!
    ____

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

...Feed them to sharks. Do it I say!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    The reason there's nothing there is because it's incapable of sustaining most life.
    only the best and toughest can live here...

no weenies allowed.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Some people that work at my scool are idiots!
    That sucks, but it looks like your school just follows "Zero Tolerance." They very well may have to, as opposed to them actually thinking along those lines.