New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    Vigilante moderating isn't pointing people at the rules. It's when you try to chastise a member for what they post.
    JS, please, just let it be. We've already decided to stop discussing it.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Man. It's been years since I've approached 4am from the far side of slumber. I've always preferred to just stay up.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

I have never stayed up past 4am, excluding other time zones. I sometimes stay up until 12am, but nothing else.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

4. - Top - End - #664
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    I have never stayed up past 4am, excluding other time zones. I sometimes stay up until 12am, but nothing else.
    Heh. I once stayed up until 12am... the following day...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    JS, please, just let it be. We've already decided to stop discussing it.
    heh, whoops.

This is what happens when I walk away from the computer for 2 hours.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Indeed. It's best not to get into fractal thingies anyway. Though I've been staying up until about 4 AM my natural time a couple of times out here as my clock is resetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #667
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've been an old woman lately and been in bed by 10pm. I haven't seen 4 am in a while....it's not too bad though I wouldn't mind actually going out and doing something to make me stay up until 4am.
    Having to wake up at 4 am though? Noooo thank yooouuu.

8. - Top - End - #668

I'm always counting my sleep time. "If I go to sleep now and wake up at 7, I'll have slept 7 hours." "Ah, but if I go to sleep NOW, I'll have slept 6 hours!"

I don't know why I do it. It's not like it'll let me sleep any longer anyway.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

I do that as well...mostly because I know that I have to get up at 0600 every morning and need at least 5 hours of sleep, 6 being preferable. It's really a carry over from when I had to wake up at about 4 different times during the week due to class/work.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Puppi View Post
    I've been an old woman lately and been in bed by 10pm. I haven't seen 4 am in a while....it's not too bad though I wouldn't mind actually going out and doing something to make me stay up until 4am.
    Having to wake up at 4 am though? Noooo thank yooouuu.
    Psh. I'm a Freshman in college and I stay up past eleven maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe twice a week. Usually it's 10 and I'm in bed.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

I do that too... count how much time I will sleep...
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Psh. I'm a Freshman in college and I stay up past eleven maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe twice a week. Usually it's 10 and I'm in bed.
    I'm a Sophomore and I don't. I'm rarely in bed before midnight.

.........actually, I'm in bed at 6 in the afternoon. I have a laptop.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Gimme a back o' snacks, a bottle o' water, my laptop and a comfy bed and I'll be set all night.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

14. - Top - End - #674

NecromancerGuy

Early to bed, and early to rise...

Makes a man or woman,
    Miss out on the nightlife.

You should call up that one guy and give yourselves both a challenge.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    The question of the hour?

Why?

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

I beg this question. Why would certain people want to enjoy the nightlife? I being a sophomore in college and without access to a car, do not find much of interest for nightlife.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

17. - Top - End - #677

I beg this question. Why would certain people want to enjoy the nightlife? I being a sophomore in college and without access to a car, do not find much of interest for nightlife.
    You must be me in an alternate life....

Not having a car is probably what ruins the interest in the nightlife. And a in a lot of other things.

18. - Top - End - #678

NecromancerGuy

The question of the hour?

Why?
    Well, I admit it is a bit of a riddle, but I'll give you a hint. It has something to do with the song I linked, what you said, and it probably shouldn't be taken too literally.

So, what. Is it personal preference or inability to participate that you're citing here?

In either case, such a person is still missing out on it, so whether they want to or not is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Not having a car is probably what ruins the interest in the nightlife. And a in a lot of other things.
    So you're saying that you would be interested in it if you actually had access to it whatsoever rather than being confined to where your two legs can take you, then?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-10-04 at 05:14 PM.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean...it's just so totally not my thing.

1) I don't drink and never will,
    2) I'm not interested in meeting people in that kind of setting,
    3) I hate crowds of loud people.

Basically "the nightlife" sounds like my idea of hell.

The DINING HALL AT LUNCH sometimes provokes my claustrophobia.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-10-04 at 05:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #680

NecromancerGuy

I mean...it's just so totally not my thing.

1) I don't drink and never will,
    2) I'm not interested in meeting people in that kind of setting,
    3) I hate crowds of loud people.

Basically "the nightlife" sounds like my idea of hell.

The DINING HALL AT LUNCH sometimes provokes my claustrophobia.
    Well, then you probably need psychological help if this sort of thing persists after you've been exposed to it enough that it ceases to be novel and shiny and fresh to you (the dining hall that is, considering I don't even know if you've ever been out to any kind of musical venue whatsoever or even open mic night at a coffee house).

Also, I can imagine far worse things than a bar, my dear. Far, far worse things than a bar. Be glad you still have some vestiges of your innocence.

And ****, I wasn't even specifically telling you to go out and get drunk anyway. For one thing, that'd be of questionable legality given your age. Questionable morality too, since you're a single woman all out on her own and haven't a group of girlfriends to watch your back if you did get drunk.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, sure, but it's difficult to find a nightlife type place where drinking isn't going on. And that's just not very much fun. I am well aware that a bar is not the worst place to be, but that fact that there are worse places is kind of missing the point, isn't it?

Also, I just don't like crowds and noise. Hence, dining hall dislike. Lots of other people I know feel the same way. As long as I find a place to sit that's in a corner or something, it's fine...and it's not like ZOMG I CAN'T STAND THIS, it's eat as quickly as possible and get out of here because it's too loud and I don't like it. I think most introverted people have that reaction.

22. - Top - End - #682

NecromancerGuy

Well, sure, but it's difficult to find a nightlife type place where drinking isn't going on. And that's just not very much fun. I am well aware that a bar is not the worst place to be, but that fact that there are worse places is kind of missing the point, isn't it?
    You said Hell, ma'am. I takes my nine hells seriously.

Also, I just don't like crowds and noise. Hence, dining hall dislike. Lots of other people I know feel the same way. As long as I find a place to sit that's in a corner or something, it's fine...and it's not like ZOMG I CAN'T STAND THIS, it's eat as quickly as possible and get out of here because it's too loud and I don't like it. I think most introverted people have that reaction.
    Probably going at the worse times too, since generally they die down other than like the peak half hour or so. Unless you just have a really crappily designed dining hall, which, I admit, is a definite possibility.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #683
    Banned

Early to bed, and early to rise...

Makes a man or woman,
    Miss out on the nightlife.

"Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn,
    Tell us the lesson that we should learn. . .

"The moral of today's story is:
    Early to rise and early to bed
    Makes a man healthy, but socially dead."

I'm still waiting for the clock which warms the bed before striking the alarm, but the heating elements are linked to a timer, so the wait is nearly over.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I have to put off seeing Zombieland for a week... stupid flu...

25. - Top - End - #685

NecromancerGuy

So are you going out today to do it or just lamenting how the flu has bedridden you in the interest of limiting its spread to children?
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

I hate being away from the computer. One day is bad enough, but two? *Shudders*

At least G4 is playing Mad Max tonight. That's Fight Club, 300, and Mad Max down, and, uh, 72 must-see movies left. Hurm.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I couldn't care less about the annoying buggers, but my parents have different opinions.

28. - Top - End - #688

NecromancerGuy

Wait, what? Your parents are pressuring you to see movies?
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, what? Your parents are pressuring you to see movies?
    No, no, his parents aren't letting him go, even though he doesn't care about the flu. And Zombieland is absolutely amazing. >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

Waaagh. I want to see it, but school gets in the way...

Hmmm. I have Friday off, I guess I could see it then.