New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    You guys have snow? :O
    LUCKY!

Man, the last time it snowed here was halfway through May, and now the first snow of the winter was beginning of October. That's not even five months without snow. You can have it, I'll even pay the shipping costs.

Now what's this about naked raves...?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2009-10-15 at 01:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Yes, but overheating can be counteracted with naked raves.
    Hurk. Blug. Nrps. That doesn't work at all!

@Cobra: That comment makes me think you've experienced a traumatic experience where you snuggled an overheating person and they spontaneously combusted.

Sign of a fractured psyche on my part? Perhaps.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post

You rang?
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Nobody View Post
    True. More than a dozen of my friends from school had a case of flu lately, but it wasn't Swine Flu.
    This. Is. WIN.
    *GLEE*

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    You can use naked raves to warm up, too. Allow me to explain by example. *absconds with*
    But at the moment it's too cold for me to even get off my chair, let alone dance. I'm afraid the naked rave will have to wait until next year. *Sips coco and continues listening to awesomeness.

I was at a naked foam rave last month. Good times.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-10-15 at 01:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Banned

FORWARD! Let us paint ourselves like peacocks and dance and strut until it spills over into a new Random Banter! (Budgies also accepted. They bob their heads to the beat.)

One of the sad moments of moving to low-energy bulbs is the final death of the dream that one could have a blacklight in an ordinary screw-type light fixture. Ah, memories, swapping out the regular desk lamp for one coated in thick purple plastic and so dubiously blacklight that the packaging couldn't use the word "ultraviolet" by law. It did not make items fluoresce.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Ooooo, my Lulu wig is ready.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Feel free to jump in and correct me if I've got a step wrong, but hopefully after the number of times I've had to do some variation of these, the instructions have stuck. . .

Problem: "Good" video card cannot play new games.
    Solution: Download current drivers (the software that controls the video coming out of the graphics card) for graphics card. Copy currently-used drivers onto removable media, remove. Install new drivers. If graphics now won't work, use safe mode, uninstall new drivers, re-install old ones from removable media.

Problem: "Good" video card cannot play old games.
    Solution: Use Google to pry around old discussion boards until someone mentions an out-of-date driver release which is guaranteed to work. Download out-of-date driver, copy currently-used ones, proceed as above.

Problem: "Good" video card cannot play old games.
    Additional Info: Windows Vista installed.
    Solution: Download and install DirectX 9.whichever. Windows Vista comes with DirectX10 only. 9 and 10 can both be installed, and the individual programs will choose which one they need to use.
    My problem isn't as specific as that, all games don't display properly, the graphics are screwed up. I think some other computer part is incompatible.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    FORWARD! Let us paint ourselves like peacocks and dance and strut until it spills over into a new Random Banter! (Budgies also accepted. They bob their heads to the beat.)
    Yay! Does this mean I'm included?
    I feel both your dream, and your grief, Lady... may I humbly suggest? -- the only decent black lights you can get for home use are the flourescent tube kind. Bulbs, and I have searched dearly, are just always as you describe, shoddy dim and lacking the essential magic spark of true black that you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    You rang?
    Homo ipse! Pun intended. *grooves with*

Cobra, I like your vision of frozen corpses covered with glosticks, I would just be personally embarassed about that because a death by freezing would provide no excuse for angel lust.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Excellent choices, I agree. Nineteen Eighty-Four and the Alice books are also ones I considered. Haven't heard of the others.
    Can't stand 1984; totally agreed with, and seconded the Alice motion though.

Always (Since I started playing) wondered how that works, since it seems so neatly set up for forum play.
    Basically, you have God, who randomly allots roles, and then in Night One he goes through the roles one by one (bar the Citizens) asking them to open their eyes and perhaps reveal their identities to others in their group.
    Then Day One starts and people start discussing lynching and the like.
    Night happens by consensus and people go to 'sleep' by clsoing their eyes.

Go to pub, sing. Seems to be the standard G&S society activity.
    In an hour I leave for my audition HMS Pinafore.
    Hope you get a good part. I leave in ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Pfft. I bet it is fresher's flu. Swine flu is about but it's not that common. It's just dirty dirty students givin' each other the death germs is all.
    Ah, but previously, we all of us had been in Origin Man's room having a little tea party/getting to know you party; so it's conceivable.
    However, I think the last case really is Fresher's 'Flu. Also, it's ironic in that both theses illnesses have exactly the same symptoms.

Was the werewolf game sci fi and/or fantasy themed? If not why not. What kind of sci fi society is this. Do you have have a resident Angry Man? We have two, one happens to be a girl.
    It was a bit. They let the ghosts haunt people and stuff.
    And we don't have an official Angry Man, but we do have on unofficial one.

ION:
    Strangely; out of twenty people in the OUSFG fifteen of them (including myself) had glasses, and only one person other than myself was doing a Humanities subject. Everyone else was doing Math; Biochemisty; Computer Science; Math and Philosophy and so on. And Physics.
    Such stereotypes!
    And many of them read OOTS.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Can't stand 1984; totally agreed with, and seconded the Alice motion though.
    Oh my god what. I love that book! I did my Coursework on it and got full marks!

Speaking of which, I smell a conspiracy vis. the AS marks this year. An evil government conspiracy suppressing arts & humanities!
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay! Does this mean I'm included?
    I feel both your dream, and your grief, Lady... may I humbly suggest? -- the only decent black lights you can get for home use are the flourescent tube kind. Bulbs, and I have searched dearly, are just always as you describe, shoddy dim and lacking the essential magic spark of true black that you seek.

Homo ipse! Pun intended. *grooves with*

Cobra, I like your vision of frozen corpses covered with glosticks, I would just be personally embarassed about that because a death by freezing would provide no excuse for angel lust.
    Meh. I have no need for angel lust. I'd much rather inspire lust in the countless generations that came to see my glowy naked form entombed in ice in a museum somewhere. >.>

And besides, devils are hawter. *flirts with local devil/demon/goth populace*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sure your ice-preserved corpse would be lusty spectacular, fella, believe me -- but just so we're clear, angel lust is the wood a dead man sports a few hours after death. If we were frozen, they'd all know mine had to be ante mortem.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2009-10-15 at 01:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

Go to pub, sing. Seems to be the standard G&S society activity.
    In an hour I leave for my audition HMS Pinafore.
    Here's to hoping that you're hardly ever sick at sea!

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

I Wanna Be The Guy is so obnoxiously FRUSTRATING .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Orc in the Playground

It's supposed to be that way Mister Mud.

The the real question is why you are playing it.
    Life's like a teeter totter it has high points it has it's low points and it can be a real pain in the butt.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rpgsr4me View Post
    Holy crap, I couldn't possible imagine having two younger sisters in addition to my brothers, they're a pain in the but as it is.

My brothers are all pretty much gamers as well so there not too bad but they can be careless at times.
    all of my siblings except my twin brother are 12 and under, so carelessness is in the job description.

but I love 'em all to death .
    it's funny, because even my sisters will join in on the gaming action, and they're [pretty good for ages 9 and 3. hahahaha.
    "The Mormons were right."

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jkoshe View Post
    It's supposed to be that way Mister Mud.

The the real question is why you are playing it.
    There are two possible reasons why Mr. Mud is playing I wanna be the guy. Boredom or he enjoys failing, more likely the first.
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2009-10-15 at 08:01 PM.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    There are two possible reasons why Mr. Mud is playing I wanna be the guy. Boredom or he enjoys failing, more likely the first.
    Gun to the head. I hear there's a cult in New Mexico that relishes the pain of others.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

Boredom it is. Or maybe I just wanna be the guy . I just got to MECHA CHICKEN!
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

For those of you familiar with the game Assassin, I have a tale to tell. I promise you, it is worth your attentive reading.

Dramatis Personae:

Mr. Drake: A dimunitive and noisome chap, tasked with killing Mr. Grey with a sock.

Mr. Spoon: A lanky, quiet fellow, tasked with killing Mr. Drake with a sock.

Mr. Grey: A scheming, overconfident blackguard. He plans to kill Ms. Dove with a spoon.

Mr. Toll: A quiet man who lives not 15 feet from Mr. Grey. He will kill Ms. Cobble with poison, depositing salt into her drink.

Ms. Cobble: She plots to murder Mr. Spoon with the implement of his namesake.

Ms. Dove: Not yet appearing.

ACT I:

Mr. Drake attempts to enter the safe area, the common house. He is ambushed by Mr. Spoon, who inherits his target--Mr. Grey. Mr. Grey suspects that this is the case, and so he proposes his prospective killer, Mr. Spoon, accompany him to dinner while the 1 hour cooldown period persists.

They depart.

ACT II:

Mr. Grey and Mr. Spoon sit down together with a table of fellows, including Mr. Toll and Ms. Cobble. Ms. Cobble waits for Mr. Spoon to leave to get silverware, then ambushes him from behind. His target--Mr. Grey--transfers to her.

It is here that the train of events leaps the rails of order, for Ms. Cobble is unaware of the mandatory hour-long cooldown period.

ACT III:

While still at the table, Ms. Cobble comes upon Mr. Grey and prods him with a spoon. He smiles faintly. At last, it is over...or so he thinks. He rises to dispose of his dishes.

Ms. Cobble sits down, satisfied. She takes a sip of her drink. It is at this point that Mr. Toll's poison takes hold.

ACT IV:

Mr. Grey retakes his seat, then contacts Ms. Cobble. She informs Mr. Grey that she has been killed, and that his target--which would have transferred to her--will instead go to Mr. Toll. Mr. Grey rises, informs Mr. Toll of his intention to murder the reclusive Ms. Dove. Mr. Toll thanks him and leaves.

ACT V:

Mr. Grey is informed that Ms. Cobble did not wait the mandatory hour before moving on to her next target. Thus, by a technicality, he is still alive while she is dead.

Mr. Toll, then, is still Mr. Grey's assassin. Mr. Grey knows who is trying to kill him. Mr. Toll knows that he knows, and what's more, he knows who Mr. Grey's target is. They must face each other every morning, knowing that it is only a matter of time before Mr. Toll enacts his dread scheme and leaves Mr. Grey lifeless in the dust.

Dear children, this story is true. And Mr. Grey...is I.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

I wanna go to college too.

Actually, I would settle for just finding a game group to get back into DnD with.

Eh, I have friends enough, even if none not enough are nerds.
    Last edited by Phase; 2009-10-15 at 08:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ettin in the Playground

I have discovered it, and must spread the message! *shares huggles evenly among the banterers*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Actually, I would settle for just finding a game group to get back into DnD with.

Eh, I have friends enough, even if none not enough are nerds.
    Heh, me too, I wanna find a DND group out here but have no idea how to look. But how do you manage to pass anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Orc in the Playground

who among us playgrounders WOULDN'T want to find a D&D group?

seriously?

25. - Top - End - #1375

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KataraAltinaII View Post
    who among us playgrounders WOULDN'T want to find a D&D group?

seriously?
    Those of us who have them?

I know I had one back home that I was rather fond of.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Those of us who have them?

I know I had one back home that I was rather fond of.
    knew you were gonna say that.

BESIDES them...

27. - Top - End - #1377

NecromancerGuy

Well, yeah.

They're focused on filling the Coidzor shaped void in their lives right now.

I'm focused on filling the people shaped void in Coidzor's life right now.

So yeah. First people then DnD I guess.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    For those of you familiar with the game Assassin, I have a tale to tell. I promise you, it is worth your attentive reading.
    I wish you luck, Rutskarn. The game you play is of the most SRS BZNS there is.

I'm playing a game right now, actually. Or, to be more accurate, I was until yesterday. I had the stupidest death. Our rules allow any food to be poisoned if a "poison for [target]" label is attached to its package or container. I was so sure that I knew who my assassin was that I wasn't at all worried about other people. That was my greatest mistake. So, an acquaintance comes up to some of my friends and I sitting at a table, and he offers us cookies from a box. Most people take some, but I, not being hungry, decline. He shouts at me "Take a cookie!". Alarmed by his outburst (but not suspecting him), I give the worst possible response. "Yes! Okay, fine!"

Somebody tried to force food on me...and I ate it.

Additionally, two people died after me in the exact same manner (same assassin, even). And they both knew what had happened to me.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-10-15 at 11:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm actually skipping a meal tomorrow to remain within the safe times. Well, okay, I'm eating a massive late lunch and snacking at dinner, but still.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aww muffins.... We play assassins at fencing camp. But it's slightly different. You have to kill them by saying bang. When no one else can see of here you. It makes for some very interesting situations where your trying to get people alone without them noticing.