New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vent thread

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Vent thread

This is a thread where one may vent any feelings of frustration, anger, sadness or so on in a totally safe way. In this thread no one may comment on your vent except to say things like 'i'm sorry to hear that', or 'hope things turn out better for you' unless you specifically say they can comment on it differently. Please remember also the difference between venting your feelings about someone and just completely trashing them so try to be relatively civil.

Ill go first.
    My Grandmas health is declining and she won't be around for much longer, my brother is freaking out on a daily basis, I just got fired from my job, and I got grounded for swearing at my parents!!!
    Hey, I've found enlightenment. What have you found?
    Join the Giantitp bookclub! It will be awesome!
    Bishop of the cult of Belkar
    Awesome Avvy by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show

These done by Nevitan

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Vent thread

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn it, Internet! I'm in college. I have a lot of work to do. Why won't you let me do it in advance? I'm getting 5 or 6 hours of sleep most nights, and that's greatly dragging down my academic performance, not to mention happiness and sanity and time available for other activites. I'm not even doing anything I want to on you most of the time, just reading random pages. Let go of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I find I get randomly frustrated. I don't find school excessively challenging, but always end up getting annoyed to the point of angry for things like writing stuff like 4)6 5)32 5), or other little penciling mix ups. I just sit in my desk and scowl at my page a little. I don't know, I'm just confused, because I've never been an angry kid.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

furious Re: Vent thread

They canceled triple-stuffed oreos.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I am bipolar.

I am in the process of excepting that I am six times likelier to get divorced than the average person. Since 50% of all marriages/people end up divorced, I am basically screwed.

Also, women don't find me datable. Although, this does not actually upset me for some reason. What worries me is that it has never upset me.
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Also re: college
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am having difficulty paying attention, and I suspect it's mostly my own damn fault... I've got half of this hw done that's due a week from today, and that's the easy half. And I've got this entire hw due next Thursday, haven't started it, and it's hard as crap... I keep trying to get this stuff done and I don't get anywhere. Oh, and I have a midterm on Thursday. >.<
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

People... Are so much smarter than they pretend to be, but because they're pretending to be stupid, they fail to assess and contemplate anything that contradicts their beliefs, because they're too proud to.
    This text is yellow.
    Spoiler
    Show

TUBATAR!

Why? Because tuba is the awesomeness.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Come on! You're not seriously telling me tht I suddnely don't have access to this ESSENTIAL system that I had full access to less than 24 hours ago? It's a BUSY night. I need to do EXTRA work tonight, simply because it's the Tues/Wends shifft! None of my supervisors are picking up, nor are their phones working, and tech support is is unable to handle the problem with a grunt, so I have to wait until their manager is done talking to somebody else.
    Gah!

I started this project three hours ago. I'm now three hours behind.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

9. - Top - End - #9

Spoiler
    Show

3 years getting a degree so I can still be stuck under an unbearable boss in a minimum wage job, getting poor hours at that while new employees get more shifts. Why? "You took time off at the start, and they have acquired more training" Here's the kicker: I am the one who trained them!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Behold Nosferatu, the Plant Vampire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks Kpenguin!

Thanks Serpentine!

Referring to Pop Yule Ashun:
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberRebirth View Post
    evisiron, that is the most awesome character idea I have ever heard of. I'm going to subscribe to this thread and look forward to updates.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

I have a sore throat, I'm feeling really under-the-weather, I'm behind on my schoolwork, I can't continue writing my novel because my parents don't trust me in the computer before, and the last one is my fault entirely, which really, really irritates me!
    Amazingly cool avatar by Mauve Shirt. May she ever be promoted and not demoted! *promotes*
    Books are a mind-altering substance. Therefore, I am high all the time.
    My old avatars. Thanks, y'all!
    Some poetry I've written. Constructive criticism warmly welcomed.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

What's making your parents distrust you on the computer?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

My toenail is a bit ingrown. It's really quite troublesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Spoiler
    Show
    I love my boyfriend, but I've made too much of my life about him. Now, I'm realizing that if he doesn't get his act together very soon, he's going to graduate and be making hardly any money PLUS being entirely miserable. I could deal with a poor boyfriend or an unhappy boyfriend, but both will just drag me down. But I love him so I don't want to leave.

Pika...:
    Spoiler
    Show

*Hugs* I'm really sorry to hear that. If you need/want someone to talk about it more with, my PM box is always open.
    Last edited by The Neoclassic; 2009-09-29 at 02:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

First and foremost, with mine your allowed to comment however you desire. I'm a tough person, so I'm not easily offended. plus, usually hearing what people actually wanna say calms me down a lot.. Its a bit long, but certainly not end of world.

Spoiler
    Show
    I got fired from a less than minimum wage job where people were supposed to tip you but didn't know. less than 10 hours a week. I'm paying for college by myself, and I barely have enough for next semester. I can't apply for financial aid, because I'm considered a dependent, and my parents won't provide anything, and they're pretty well off. So the money I would get wouldn't be much help anyways, if I could get any. I've turned in 40 applications to different places, and none have responded. The best I have is a part time job that I'm not even sure what I'd be doing, just a friends mom has an opening for the next few weeks.

On top of that, I've been having fights all week long with my lovely fiance, and a lot of my friends. I had an actual fight recently (no worries, I'm just a bit cut up and bruised, I'll be fine).

Worst of all, I'm in terrible pain. My back is constantly aching, I don't know what it is, and I don't have money to see a doctor. I've been waking up or getting up certain times of the day and I can't turn my neck without wanting to scream. (I have a lot of pain tolerance, making me scream is not easy.) And finally, I have been having migraines, most often behind my eye so i can't even open it it hurts that badly. All of this has been keeping me awake till 5am, and I get up at 8. This all has been going on for a month now.

/vent

-Wrath
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

15. - Top - End - #15

Why the ---- do people remember the things you did wrong in past years and make fun of you for it(...daily ...All. The. Time), but never seem to remember what you did right(Or at least not wrong?)

More importantly, why the ---- do people remember something bad that happened to you that you have no control over and make fun of you for THAT?
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post

Why the ---- do people remember the things you did wrong in past years and make fun of you for it(...daily ...All. The. Time), but never seem to remember what you did right(Or at least not wrong?)

More importantly, why the ---- do people remember something bad that happened to you that you have no control over and make fun of you for THAT?
    I know what you mean my friend, I'm sorry you have to go through that. Let me know if i can help any.
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

17. - Top - End - #17

I hate so much that I'm stuck in a terrible town for the next three months that is sucking the life out of me and that before this previous weekend I had no motivation to do anything. Luckily I'll be gone soon. Just had to get that out.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Erothayce View Post
    I hate so much that I'm stuck in a terrible town for the next three months that is sucking the life out of me and that before this previous weekend I had no motivation to do anything. Luckily I'll be gone soon. Just had to get that out.
    thats what the vent thread is for! I hope it gets better for you! any *reasonable support or anything i can actually do to help all you need is to just ask
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessWrath View Post
    First and foremost, with mine your allowed to comment however you desire. I'm a tough person, so I'm not easily offended. plus, usually hearing what people actually wanna say calms me down a lot.. Its a bit long, but certainly not end of world.

Spoiler
    Show
    I got fired from a less than minimum wage job where people were supposed to tip you but didn't know. less than 10 hours a week. I'm paying for college by myself, and I barely have enough for next semester. I can't apply for financial aid, because I'm considered a dependent, and my parents won't provide anything, and they're pretty well off. So the money I would get wouldn't be much help anyways, if I could get any. I've turned in 40 applications to different places, and none have responded. The best I have is a part time job that I'm not even sure what I'd be doing, just a friends mom has an opening for the next few weeks.

On top of that, I've been having fights all week long with my lovely fiance, and a lot of my friends. I had an actual fight recently (no worries, I'm just a bit cut up and bruised, I'll be fine).

Worst of all, I'm in terrible pain. My back is constantly aching, I don't know what it is, and I don't have money to see a doctor. I've been waking up or getting up certain times of the day and I can't turn my neck without wanting to scream. (I have a lot of pain tolerance, making me scream is not easy.) And finally, I have been having migraines, most often behind my eye so i can't even open it it hurts that badly. All of this has been keeping me awake till 5am, and I get up at 8. This all has been going on for a month now.

/vent

-Wrath
    Dude, Im so sorry. Im having relationship and college troubles too so I know how you feel. Besides, your job sounded suckish and I think you could do a lot better than that. If you need any help, just post something here.
    Awesome Avvy by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show

These done by Nevitan

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn it, Internet! I'm in college. I have a lot of work to do. Why won't you let me do it in advance? I'm getting 5 or 6 hours of sleep most nights, and that's greatly dragging down my academic performance, not to mention happiness and sanity and time available for other activites. I'm not even doing anything I want to on you most of the time, just reading random pages. Let go of me.
    I feel your pain Surly, I truly do. I'm having similar problem myself.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone with that problem, in case you didn't knew any better.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

21. - Top - End - #21

DwarfFighterGuy

I Finally land a good paying job, get on the high paying side of a two year apprentice program, and it turns out the owner is stealing so much money from the shop that if the union didn't vote on pay freezes we'd all be out of jobs, so no more raises, and it's prety likely i'll be on the streets by next year, because this guy wants more money and can't stop making the company he owns pay him rent because he owns the building. We could save 30 grand a month if he just stopped being greedy and accepted he owns the building and company. But that would mean the money stays in the company bank account not his own.

grrr... I usually tell my friends this, in long drawn out 20 minuet rants.... i feel kinda bad making them listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Belkarsbadside1 View Post
    Dude, Im so sorry. Im having relationship and college troubles too so I know how you feel. Besides, your job sounded suckish and I think you could do a lot better than that. If you need any help, just post something here.

Thanks my friend. Right now my biggest concern revolves around Not understanding this precal Assignment at all (or precal at all for that matter) and Having a massive migraine preventing me from focusing on notes. v.v Anyone wanna help I'll pass out an aim s/n.
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Re: Ettiquite. Not sure if this fits, but its been bugging me all day.

Sometimes you have to wonder what sort of society we live in when the simplest of things are somehow repeatedly overlooked by grown adults. Apparently there is an individual on the floor of the building where I work who is entirely unfamiliar with the disposal of those tissue-toilet seat covers.

Entering a stall and finding the products of another person's "rest" is always disconcerting, but in this particular individual's case it can not be summed up as forgetting. The toilet has been flushed (not an auto-flush stall) but for some inexplicable reason the disposable seat cover has been left on the toilet! Does this person fail to understand that these are not intended for re-use? Is there some doubt as to whether this item is flushable? If there is some aversion to flushing, why not toss it in the trash?

No, the best course of action this person can come up with is to leave the toilet seat cover there for someone else to deal with. Apparently its too much trouble to flush the thing...

Past three days I've seen this. Fortunately he appears to be regular, so I'm going to try and make my usual visit a bit earlier in order to catch him in that act. Or leave a note. I'm just embarassed that I have to share air with a person like that.

Also, traffic. I hate traffic.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    What's making your parents distrust you on the computer?
    Because I come on here when I'm not supposed to be on the computer. Ironic, isn't it?
    Amazingly cool avatar by Mauve Shirt. May she ever be promoted and not demoted! *promotes*
    Books are a mind-altering substance. Therefore, I am high all the time.
    My old avatars. Thanks, y'all!
    Some poetry I've written. Constructive criticism warmly welcomed.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Keshay View Post
    Re: Ettiquite. Not sure if this fits, but its been bugging me all day.
    That guy is quite gross and inconsiderate. That does suck!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

EndlessWrath, I hear ya man. I'm in a similar boat with school and money myself. Just stick it out, hopefully, diligence and perseverance will win the day.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

*crackes knuckles*

Ok, this has been one of the worst days of a year already the worst in my life, so here goes.

#1. I work for a satellite company that is about the evilist place you can imagine. I work up to 6 day a week, 14-18 hours a day, every holiday, no vacation or sick days. Every manager is a sadistic bully who literally fires anyone that even looks at them wrong. They lie, cheat and generally treat us technicians like scum.

They have changed the pay so it isn't even by hour, but by performances, how long it takes to complete a job, customer satisfaction, etc. However, these can change drastically from home to home, person to person. I am infamous at this place for every house I go to being a nightmare for installation. Call it a curse, bad luck, or random happenstance but that's the case. I will likely shortly be fired, especially because...

#2. Today my car died. Just totally gave up the ghost. Found out the engine block cracked. Car is now not worth spit. I have just enough saved up to buy another car... except because of my hours and work days I can't. And my boss informed me that because I missed work today because my engine died in the middle of rush hour traffic I will be fired if I miss one more day. I've been looking for a single job that even pays the minimum I need for survival for 9 months now and can't find a one.

I've been trying to find a car to rent all day but the places are sold out all the way around. Try to call family, but the only ones nearby decided to be folks I'd like to clip from my family tree about it.

#3. I'm shortly going to have to be moving because the house I'm renting is foreclosing because my landlady's ex-husband is trying to be a <censored> and giving her legal hassles. Nowhere around is the rent or the locale half as good, and will likely eat up what little money I have left over.

And just to add insult to injury, landlady (who btw lives in the upper apartment area of this home) 's BF started beating her, and though now in jail, did all sorts of petty things to make her life miserable, and subsequently mine as well. Such as hiding packs of raw meat and intestines up inside air vent and through slits in her couch cushions. We couldn't find the source of the, for lack of a more powerful word, 'odor' for over a week. At this point I crawl up into a portion of the attic and manage to get chicken gizzards and maggots dumped all over me, the smell causing landlady to vacate for days until it was breathable inside.

#4. I've gained 40 lbs in the last 10 months from working at this company because I have no time to exercise or fix myself healthy meals, as well as getting pneumonia from working in the freezing rain that plagued me for almost 5 months straight, so I couldn't work out if I had wanted to. I was physically awesome when I started, best health of my life, a sturdy 185 lbs with the beginnings of the first sixpack I've been able to achieve.

#5. I haven't seen the girl I love for nearly 9 months and I live only 5 miles away. That's an incredibly long story that I'm not going to even try to touch on, but lets just say I'm powerfully miserable from that if not even from the above.

Same girl and her family were flooded and forced to evacuate their home last week and will be lucky to afford the damages without going bankrupt.

#6. Because of further incidents involving much of the above my faith has also been shaken in many ways both small and large.

Sooooo... yeah. Bring it on. I WANT MORE PAIN.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2009-09-30 at 05:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Neoclassic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love my boyfriend, but I've made too much of my life about him. Now, I'm realizing that if he doesn't get his act together very soon, he's going to graduate and be making hardly any money PLUS being entirely miserable. I could deal with a poor boyfriend or an unhappy boyfriend, but both will just drag me down. But I love him so I don't want to leave.

Pika...:
    Spoiler
    Show

*Hugs* I'm really sorry to hear that. If you need/want someone to talk about it more with, my PM box is always open.
    Thank you Neoclassic. Next time I am down I might take you up on that.
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    *crackes knuckles*

Ok, this has been one of the worst days of a year already the worst in my life, so here goes.

#1. I work for a satellite company that is about the evilist place you can imagine. I work up to 6 day a week, 14-18 hours a day, every holiday, no vacation or sick days. Every manager is a sadistic bully who literally fires anyone that even looks at them wrong. They lie, cheat and generally treat us technicians like scum.

They have changed the pay so it isn't even by hour, but by performances, how long it takes to complete a job, customer satisfaction, etc. However, these can change drastically from home to home, person to person. I am infamous at this place for every house I go to being a nightmare for installation. Call it a curse, bad luck, or random happenstance but that's the case. I will likely shortly be fired, especially because...

#2. Today my car died. Just totally gave up the ghost. Found out the engine block cracked. Car is now not worth spit. I have just enough saved up to buy another car... except because of my hours and work days I can't. And my boss informed me that because I missed work today because my engine died in the middle of rush hour traffic I will be fired if I miss one more day. I've been looking for a single job that even pays the minimum I need for survival for 9 months now and can't find a one.

I've been trying to find a car to rent all day but the places are sold out all the way around. Try to call family, but the only ones nearby decided to be folks I'd like to clip from my family tree about it.

#3. I'm shortly going to have to be moving because the house I'm renting is foreclosing because my landlady's ex-husband is trying to be a <censored> and giving her legal hassles. Nowhere around is the rent or the locale half as good, and will likely eat up what little money I have left over.

And just to add insult to injury, landlady (who btw lives in the upper apartment area of this home) 's BF started beating her, and though now in jail, did all sorts of petty things to make her life miserable, and subsequently mine as well. Such as hiding packs of raw meat and intestines up inside air vent and through slits in her couch cushions. We couldn't find the source of the, for lack of a more powerful word, 'odor' for over a week. At this point I crawl up into a portion of the attic and manage to get chicken gizzards and maggots dumped all over me, the smell causing landlady to vacate for days until it was breathable inside.

#4. I've gained 40 lbs in the last 10 months from working at this company because I have no time to exercise or fix myself healthy meals, as well as getting pneumonia from working in the freezing rain that plagued me for almost 5 months straight, so I couldn't work out if I had wanted to. I was physically awesome when I started, best health of my life, a sturdy 185 lbs with the beginnings of the first sixpack I've been able to achieve.

#5. I haven't seen the girl I love for nearly 9 months and I live only 5 miles away. That's an incredibly long story that I'm not going to even try to touch on, but lets just say I'm powerfully miserable from that if not even from the above.

Same girl and her family were flooded and forced to evacuate their home last week and will be lucky to afford the damages without going bankrupt.

#6. Because of further incidents involving much of the above my faith has also been shaken in many ways both small and large.

Sooooo... yeah. Bring it on. I WANT MORE PAIN.
    OMG, I am so sorry. I relly hope things get better for you. Noone should have to be put through that
    Awesome Avvy by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show

These done by Nevitan

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I feel your pain Surly, I truly do. I'm having similar problem myself.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone with that problem, in case you didn't knew any better.
    Thanks. I can't seem to get in a routine like I could in high school; if I could, I'd just be flying through my work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.