New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

If you want, I could draw up a contract...
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    If you want, I could draw up a contract...
    You mean pentagrams, runestones, blood oaths and a demon witness isn't enough?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Fine, do it your way. But don't come crying to me when your soul is in hell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiation occurs through Silke. You must pass her hazing to be allowed to join my ranks. This is to avoid recruiting someone who isn't man enough to brave it!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

Then again, maybe it wont end up in hell after all. Maybe it'll end up pink.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Fine, do it your way. But don't come crying to me when your soul is in hell.
    Given my beliefs I'd be happy to end up in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Initiation occurs through Silke. You must pass her hazing to be allowed to join my ranks. This is to avoid recruiting someone who isn't man enough to brave it!
    I have no idea what you just said, my dictionary states hazing as harassing but I'm really not sure I understood it either, care to explain what the heck you are saying?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Hazing like, say, when you're the new guy at your school/workplace/D&D group, so everyone harrasses you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Hazing like, say, when you're the new guy at your school/workplace/D&D group, so everyone harrasses you.
    Tried the first one but never the later.

But if that's all then I have nothing to fear, Given how school's been.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hazing is essentially forcing newbies to some sort of group to perform an initiation task or do something that might make them feel uncomfortable in order to properly be part of the group.
    ex:
    Having to spend the night in a haunted house to join a fraternity
    Being forced to stay up late drinking so you can be "one of the guys"
    etc.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Also ew >.<
    Last edited by Khaeta; 2009-10-24 at 10:32 AM.
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Banned

Then again, maybe it wont end up in hell after all. Maybe it'll end up pink.
    NOOOOO NOT PINK!!!

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Kopaka View Post
    Hazing is essentially forcing newbies to some sort of group to perform an initiation task or do something that might make them feel uncomfortable in order to properly be part of the group.
    ex:
    Having to spend the night in a haunted house to join a fraternity
    Being forced to stay up late drinking so you can be "one of the guys"
    etc.

EDIT:

Also ew >.<
    Well I won't drink.

Why ew? Silke hasn't even kissed Bright yet even though she appear to really like him, as evidenced when she noted the words "how romantic", a random newbie would be hazed but squicked?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Well I won't drink.
    Just a random example I made up, certainly not the rule.

Why ew? Silke hasn't even kissed Bright yet even though she appear to really like him, as evidenced when she noted the words "how romantic", a random newbie would be hazed but squicked?
    Not necessarily that, just the implication there...
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'm baaaaaaack!

*Cue mob with torch and pitchforks*

I'm GOOING!!!

Question: Is FI considered to have started up yet?
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I'm baaaaaaack!

*Cue mob with torch and pitchforks*

I'm GOOING!!!

Question: Is FI considered to have started up yet?
    Hey you're back!... Where'd you go?

Oh sorry about them I kinda blamed you for the whole Cincinnati thing

Not-really-an-answer: I have no idea... I'm not even sure what we're going to do if when it happens.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure FI has in fact started. I think we're all just waiting for Mad Mask, King of FI oh hear his name and tremble ugh ugh, makes the comic that explains what the hells going on. Because we certainly can't do that.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, I'm not the king of FI! I'm just the inventor of the setting and it's "enforcer".

*goes off to make comic*

@Squark: While FI has not yet started, Fat Fish Fury was just finished recently. I just have to make the introductory comics for Future Imperfect now.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-10-24 at 03:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oh, if it would only start... I have been looking forward to start kicking ass and taking names...and stuff. I wanna shoot things already!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Oh, if it would only start... I have been looking forward to start kicking ass and taking names...and stuff. I wanna shoot things already!
    You could do a follow up on CrimsonAngel's FI comic... it's not like you need to be introduced to the setting.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    You could do a follow up on CrimsonAngel's FI comic... it's not like you need to be introduced to the setting.
    Oh, I am that famous now? I did not realize that

20. - Top - End - #770
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Wow... Xarty doesn't take sarcasm very well.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

21. - Top - End - #771
    Banned

I love it... everything I do on the IRC is so important people feel the need to gossip about it over the forums...

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Realy... all two times? You know it's true.
    ____

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    I love it... everything I do on the IRC is so important people feel the need to gossip about it over the forums...
    It's more like that we've got nothing else to talk about, you should be happy that you are all we talk about
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Hey, whenever I make fun of you, you get snippish and take it personally. Nobody else does.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Hey, whenever I make fun of you, you get snippish and take it personally. Nobody else does.
    I take everything seriously according to you, plural you not just you Gremlin, and I'm not listed as "taking jokes personally"? Good to know
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I take everything seriously according to you, plural you not just you Gremlin, and I'm not listed as "taking jokes personally"? Good to know
    I assumed that because you speak English as a second language, you had trouble discerning sarcasm and such. When someone tells you they were joking, you aren't still offended.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

You know what? Xarty's right. Let's gossip about... Tiff.

So, when's that movie night happening, huh?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    I assumed that because you speak English as a second language, you had trouble discerning sarcasm and such. When someone tells you they were joking, you aren't still offended.
    I would blame the lack of tone and facial expressions and the culture difference actually, one time I over-reacted when someone joked about being affected by drugs, that's not considered very funny over here for some reason... A lot of stuff isn't.

But maybe I'm just making up excuses

EDIT:

@Pen: When it happens [/completely-useless-information]
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-10-25 at 12:03 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    So, when's that movie night happening, huh?
    Tell you what, since you keep nagging me about it. Figure out a suitable time yourself and that'll be when.

Edit - And the time has been chosen.
    Spoiler
    Show

So much for that idea.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-10-25 at 12:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Tell you what, since you keep nagging me about it. Figure out a suitable time yourself and that'll be when.

Edit - And the time has been chosen.
    Spoiler
    Show

So much for that idea.
    Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

Though it does prove your point so I fail to see why he did it.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.