New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    But YOU guys only mentioned it accidentally. I might have gone the whole week without this information. It doesn't seem fair to me that I should be unable to see spoilers such as that one.
    It's not like you were the only person not on the IRC at that point. Many people only found out now. And it was not a spoiler in any way.
    Keris: So knowledge of whether FFF is going to end soon is 'not important'?
    You yourself confess that MM has been saying "FFF will end soon" since at least April. No-one in the IRC at that point, including MM, considered this repetition important enough to get everyone's hopes up, as there was every chance that it would not in fact be "soon".
    And why does it have to be someone's fault?
    You were the one who said it was someone's fault. Someone else, but still someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Gremlin, come on! They don't have any advantage over you except that they know the specific date. You could even say you're better off without anticipation!
    It wasn't even a "specific date". IIRC, you said it would be done soon, tomorrow possibly if you sat down and spent some serious time at it, and probably by the weekend.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    It's not like you were the only person not on the IRC at that point. Many people only found out now. And it was not a spoiler in any way.

You yourself confess that MM has been saying "FFF will end soon" since at least April. No-one in the IRC at that point, including MM, considered this repetition important enough to get everyone's hopes up, as there was every chance that it would not in fact be "soon".

You were the one who said it was someone's fault. Someone else, but still someone.

It wasn't even a "specific date". IIRC, you said it would be done soon, tomorrow possibly if you sat down and spent some serious time at it, and probably by the weekend.
    It's different, and you know it. 'Soon' meant, to me, 'not for a while'. After all, it had been 'soon' a few months ago. Saturday means, at least, it happens this week. Believe me, there is a difference.
    Vic: Yes. But, as I said, 'soon' means 'maybe his year'.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Soon means soon. Just because there were apperantly delays, and a meteor repeatedly hit MM's computer or whatever, doesn't change the meaning of soon. Soon means not long. Using "soon" way back then? A mistake, but either way, it changes nothing in relation to anyone. As long as you check the Art thread when it gets posted on, you'll see it. And I'm sure you will, as that's kind of the point. Also, there will likely be a parade, announcing that "soon" is finally here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

As has been pointed out, he never said "It will come out on Saturday" he instead said that it would come out soon, maybe on saturday if he worked hard at it.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

Lying two new plots written by your favourite and mine, Mr. Xartyve2 have appeared.

One is All-Star ABR, an Ultra-crossover that takes place in a completeley different canon entirely.

Another is Paperclip, let someone else explain Paperclip.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why are you guys talking? Why aren't you guys making comics for CoN? Why? Is there any reason? Yeah... I know... Ok... No more talking! You all go now make comics for my entertainment! MOVE!

On another note: Lets not kill this plot because you guys wanna do another plot.
    It's BACK!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it's Keveak's turn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also Skimmer. Or -skimmer-. I'm a bit confused on that matter...
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MethosHazara View Post
    On another note: Lets not kill this plot because you guys wanna do another plot.
    Oh! The TJH syndrome...

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Soon means soon. Just because there were apperantly delays, and a meteor repeatedly hit MM's computer or whatever, doesn't change the meaning of soon. Soon means not long. Using "soon" way back then? A mistake, but either way, it changes nothing in relation to anyone. As long as you check the Art thread when it gets posted on, you'll see it. And I'm sure you will, as that's kind of the point. Also, there will likely be a parade, announcing that "soon" is finally here.
    ....seriously, I'm sorry, but you are making a lousy argument. You should know that by now, 'Soon' meant 'eventually'. We were even making jokes about it. See the previous thread titles, for example.
    Saying that it would happen within anywhere NEAR a week is a big deal. Seriously. If you guys were not desperately defending the IRC, you might even agree with me. therefore, I move that this is no longer an attack on the IRC, but on the way it was managed in this case. There is my one and only compromise here. I am saying only that the information should have been posted here. This, I think, is rather hard to dispute, and there is little need to try, either. The fact is, a timetable--albeit a rough one--was put up on a plot that has been 'soon' for many months, in the wrong place, and people forgot to mention this. Nobody is truly at fault here. It was an honest mistake, with the IRC moving quickly and making some things hard to remember.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-10-06 at 08:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Banned

....seriously, I'm sorry, but you are making a lousy argument. You should know that by now, 'Soon' meant 'eventually'. We were even making jokes about it. See the previous thread titles, for example.
    Saying that it would happen within anywhere NEAR a week is a big deal. Seriously. If you guys were not desperately defending the IRC, you might even agree with me. therefore, I move that this is no longer an attack on the IRC, but on the way it was managed in this case. There is my one and only compromise here. I am saying only that the information should have been posted here. This, I think, is rather hard to dispute, and there is little need to try, either. The fact is, a timetable--albeit a rough one--was put up on a plot that has been 'soon' for many months, in the wrong place, and people forgot to mention this. Nobody is truly at fault here. It was an honest mistake, with the IRC moving quickly and making some things hard to remember.
    Can someone please do a paperclip based on this?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Can someone please do a paperclip based on this?
    That's why I'm the rude phone person.
    "Look, I'm not trying to argue here, but you're an idiot and your whole complaint is stupid."
    Bwahaha! If anybody mocks me, it shall be myself only!
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-10-06 at 09:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

My idea was you and Bright arguing (whenever I get your templates) with me in the room. At first I'm aggravated but eventually I get interested enough to take out my cameraphone and record you argueing. When you two stop and notice me I say "...I believe you were argueing?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

My idea was you and Bright arguing (whenever I get your templates) with me in the room. At first I'm aggravated but eventually I get interested enough to take out my cameraphone and record you argueing. When you two stop and notice me I say "...I believe you were argueing?"
    Yeah, we tend to argue a lot, don't we? Plots, IRC...nothing is safe!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Banned

Don't worry, we all have an archenemy.

Mine is Tiff.

*shoots an evil glare at Tiff*

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

So long as somebody ends the argument by saying something completely out of context like "I WAS FROZEN TODAY!" and everybody just stops and stares in confused silence.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

*intercepts, taking the glare to the chest*

I... tried... You're safe now... Tiff...

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    So long as somebody ends the argument by saying something completely out of context like "I WAS FROZEN TODAY!" and everybody just stops and stares in confused silence.
    You mean like I'm doing now? (sans the silence)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post

Exxcelent. Now, uh, I'm shooting Tiff. Better save her, DLB. Or Sean.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-10-06 at 10:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

I've looked through your old discussion threads BX2 (Before Xartyve2) and am very troubled by what I see...

How did you guys get on without me?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I've looked through your old discussion threads BX2 (Before Xartyve2) and am very troubled by what I see...

How did you guys get on without me?
    I hacked the archives and edited those posts as part of an elaborate prank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

Well if it isn't the elusive Bloodyredcommie... I haven't seen you in a while. How's life been treating you?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Well if it isn't the elusive Bloodyredcommie... I haven't seen you in a while. How's life been treating you?
    College. Been having too much fun/working my face off to comic like I used to.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Banned

TJH is alive again. When I get back to my mother's I shall write a comic of my own for it.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

TJH is alive again. When I get back to my mother's I shall write a comic of my own for it.
    ooh, I'll try to help, but Comics havn't been happening like they used to, as the lack of Rob and Jack updates shows...

Which, by the way, I feel terrible about. I just got to #100 when I got here, and now it's been over a month and theres nothing. It's not like I have no time, I could squeeze out a comic a week, it's just that inspiration isn't striking. I havn't been able to make comics like I used to when I was just sitting around at home most of the time.
    [/Center]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post

Woah... Shades... where have you been?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

27. - Top - End - #117
    Banned

Looks like many are returning... How many fattened calfs do we have?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Two. Weeks.
    Two. Sodding. Weeks.
    Bloody moving. Bloody phone sockets; or lack thereof. Bloody electrician. Bloody ISP.
    But I am back now.
    There's no way I ain't never not about to never not read an entire sodding discussion thread, though. NOT.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Come on to the IRC! we're having a wonderful time.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Come on to the IRC! we're having a wonderful time.
    Can't... mibbit hates me