New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Do you mean like "Corrupt UNA officer must be dispatched by Peacekeepers", or "In a distant non-UNA island, Doom McEvil prepares his plan to kill the king"?

When I mean "totally unrelated sub-plots", I'm talking about the latter.
    I'm more talking about something like, I dunno, "Doom McEvil prepares to destroy the ALF". That's just off the top of my head.

What I mean is that it would be inbetween those two examples. Something related, but not totally related.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXVIII: Read it or Chris the celestial will set you on fire

That's fine.

I'm talking about things that don't have anything to do with the setting.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Banned

If it is the McGuffin, then it can't be the Talisman, because I am already planning to use that for my subplot.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

What? When was this decided? I thought we agreed it was going to be used to power the flying fortress. I even checked with kpenguin on that, he said it's power is "similar" to the Arcane Lantern's.

And it's another MacGuffin that's going to be used to control the undead hordes.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Banned

What? When was this decided? I thought we agreed it was going to be used to power the flying fortress. I even checked with kpenguin on that, he said it's power is "similar" to the Arcane Lantern's.

And it's another MacGuffin that's going to be used to control the undead hordes.
    What. That was never agreed.
    As for when my thing would be decided, it was about as much of a surprise as your idea. After all, we shouldn't downplay the whole 'going into the dungeon and getting the Talisman' thing, especially since we don't have all the keys!
    Also, I already cleared my idea with KP. He has not spoken out against it. In fact, I cleared it with you, too!
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-10-10 at 03:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

it's another MacGuffin that's going to be used to control the undead hordes.
    Have you all been talking about ABR related stuff on the IRC, which I can't see?!

Anyway, when was THAT decided? Why is that decided? Did you decide that? Because I don't like that idea.

I propose that we have a more original MacGuffin, not one comparable to the one that was in Order Of The Stick.

I don't know. Maybe everyone's looking for a gun that...shoots...bees. Yeah. >.>

Look, my point is that you shouldn't have decided that without everyone. Who made you the king of FI, huh?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-10-10 at 03:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

@The Q: Um... did you read the previous pages? That was Tiffanie's idea.

It was on the IRC, yes. Sorry, Gremlin.

Anyway, tell me your idea, Gremlin, and maybe we can reconcile.

EDIT: It was kpenguin who suggested the idea, if I remember correctly. I didn't think of using the Talisman at first, I just wanted some mystical engine and kpenguin said that the Talisman carried a lot of power. It's his invention, after all.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-10-10 at 03:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Grem: When someone gives you silence, don't assume its a yes. More than likely, its a no.

MM: What powers the Arcane Lantern is very similar to what powers the Talisman. It could be possible to tap into the Talisman's power to produce power comparable to super-Kpenguin, if not more so.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

What's his idea, anyway? Is it good?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    A mixture of

The MacGuffin idea is my favorite at the moment, at least for the very beginning of FI. Simply because it would give people an easy goal to aim for. However, we can't make everyone just go and do one thing. So we should put the choice of finding the MacGuffin out there, but still let people have the freedom to do their own thing.

The "warfare" idea would require far too much coordination between people and would only serve to slow down the plot before it's even started rolling. While I can see it working, I think it's better off as something left until the middle stages of FI.

As for the MacGuffin in question, I'd like to bring that idea up again involving the lich Lor Nae. With both the ALF and the UNA searching through a zombie infested city in search of [insert object here] in order to get the lich on their side.

The zombies would also serve as easy cannon fodder, so people can easily show off the abilities of their characters and their side's mooks. That way everyone would get a sort of feel for each others character's before we get into any actual pc vs pc fights.
    This is what I read, Mad Mask. I don't see anything about a device that controls the zombies. If I did, I wouldn't have voted for it.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    This is what I read, Mad Mask. I don't see anything about a device that controls the zombies. If I did, I wouldn't have voted for it.
    Sorry, I've misunderstood.

So what's the MacGuffin?
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-10-10 at 03:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

So what's the MacGuffin?
    ...I thought all we agreed on a gun that shoots bees.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tiffs idea was discussed few months ago actually. You can try and dig it up if you want, but I doubt that Mcguffin was ever specified.....

@Q: "Bee apocalypse from the sky!"
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-10-10 at 03:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Tiff idea was discussed few months ago actually. You can try and dig it up if you want, but I doubt that Mcguffin was ever specified.....
    Most likely not. In her most recent description, she just said "[insert object here]". I don't think she has anything in mind.

I say we all think long and hard, create our own MacGuffin ideas, throw 'em all in a pile, and vote for which one we like best. How's that?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Banned

So what's the MacGuffin?
    I PMed it to you, and you actually responded to it. You probably forgot.
    KP: Actually, I was pretty sure it was a no. But I was annoyed that you seemed were to lazy to say so, so I decided to assume that your silence meant 'yes'.
    EDIT: Also, here's a vote for bee gun.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-10-10 at 04:17 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    I PMed it to you, and you actually responded to it. You probably forgot.
    KP: Actually, I was pretty sure it was a no. But I was annoyed that you seemed were to lazy to say so, so I decided to assume that your silence meant 'yes'.
    EDIT: Also, here's a vote for bee gun.
    Hey Grem...what exactly is this idea, anyway? Just out of curiosity.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Hey Grem...what exactly is this idea, anyway? Just out of curiosity.
    Oops, sorry! Here it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin
    We have a subplot going, in which my old kobold character(named Graene, not that anybody remembers)and Yeril (heh, just realized that they're both kobolds), and whoever else wants to bands together and every now and then we see a little comic in which they're trying to steal the keys, which I think are currently all possessed by the dragons. If not, then we could do comics where the group of thieves, the dragons, and the third party which has all/one of/some of the keys are all working against each other to get the keys. Maybe there could be another group of UNA guys working to get them.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-10-10 at 05:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

@^ I don't have anything to add, except to warn you that I'm going to be trying my hardest to get my hands on my precious blue key again. I miss it.
    Most likely not. In her most recent description, she just said "[insert object here]". I don't think she has anything in mind.
    Sort of, I remember the original idea tied Lor Nae to the whole thing. Which could explain the undead.

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    inside a large black tower she styled herself to have a large emerald eye at its peak, which she has enchanted to allow her to reanimate and control all dead within 5 miles of the tower
    Perhaps a chunk of the emerald was taken from the top of her tower by some daring thief. He made his way to the nearby city where Lor Nae promptly used the emerald fragment to raise the dead from the local graveyard, and have them hunt down the thief. During his attempt to escape the undead were dragged around the entire city. Killing most of the citizens and in turn creating even more undead.

Now both sides have sent small parties to look for the emerald fragment which could be anywhere in the city and return it to Lor Nae in hopes of getting her to join their side.

Which would also explain why the UNA doesn't just blow the entire place up.
    (Plus imagine the media field day that They would have when word gets out that the UNA is purging a city of undead. Which were most likely created by "ALF necromancers")
    [/idea]
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-10-10 at 05:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

What the hell is a McGuffin?
    ____

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

TVtropes link: McGuffin.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

I thought of a potential MacGuffin. Tell me what you guys think.

It's known as....well I don't actually know what it's called yet, but I have a great idea.

It's a stone that gives of psycho-reactive waves that make the humaniod mind calmer. That's it. That's all it does.

Doesn't seem to threatening, right? However, this would be invaluable for UNA propaganda. Making the citizens calm enough to obey them. This would also be good for the ALF, as they could use it to, let's just say, make the guards of an UNA building so calm that even if they DID see the ALF intruders, they wouldn't care enough to shoot or warn anybody.

What do ya think, eh? A damn fine macGuffin idea, if I do say so myself.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-10-10 at 08:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Banned

Hey Q! Love the comic!

Shame about the Qs though...

Anyway, who's this character?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a stone that gives of psycho-reactive waves that make the humaniod mind calmer. That's it. That's all it does.

Doesn't seem to threatening, right? However, this would be invaluable for UNA propaganda. Making the citizens calm enough to obey them. This would also be good for the ALF, as they could use it to, let's just say, make the guards of an UNA building so calm that even if they DID see the ALF intruders, they wouldn't care enough to shoot or warn anybody.
    Of course, 0.1% of people affected will become incredibly aggressive instead, as is wont to happen with such devices.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Anyway, who's this character?
    Nath Bortak is the gargoyle king, who was a major character in My Name Is Q and will be a major character in one of my other backstory comics, and he made an apperence in FFF as part of my Vert Doom subplot.

Or are you talking about the guy introducing him wearing the top hat? Because I haven't really thought of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Of course, 0.1% of people affected will become incredibly aggressive instead, as is wont to happen with such devices.
    Sounds kinda Serenity-ish, but sure. Why the hell not, right?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-10-10 at 08:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Barbarian in the Playground

OK, this is for the Q&A section in Xartyve's vlog (It's a thing we've been talking about in IRC)...

Why hasn't Paperclip started yet?
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Banned

Thank you Sinister. Those who have questions for the upcoming vlog's feel free to shoot me a PM or just post it here.

EDIT: Although it is awful beyond belief and I hate the sound of my voice... here it is.

Xartyve2's Vlog Episode 001

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Hooray! Vlog!

*Gives stars*
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my gosh.

Xart, I've got it.

Bright's minion. The one he ditched and FFF never saw again.
    All-Star Bright's Skeletal minion!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2's vlog
    Breakfast cereal and comic-books
    Seriously, read Breakfast of the Gods, if you haven't already.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Banned

Well my "secret project" is underway... I can't wait for you guys to see it.