New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default What is the coolest/most creative screen name you have spotted here?

I just noticed Thatguyoverther's screen name, and realized there is a lot of thought and creativity the goes into picking an "alter ego" name. Not to mention that the younger of us have had years to refine and think about them.

While I am finding it hard to pick a favorite here, since so many have either brought a smirk to my face or made me outright laugh, I want to hear your opinions.

ps. I find that the right avatar tends to help, but I am not sure if that counts.
    Last edited by Pika...; 2009-10-05 at 05:03 PM.
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: What is the coolest/most creative screen name you have spotted here?

Pretty much any but my own.

No, really. 15-year-old DeeRee, what were you thinking? >.<

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What is the coolest/most creative screen name you have spotted here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Pretty much any but my own.

No, really. 15-year-old DeeRee, what were you thinking? >.<
    That you liked the Dragon Riders of Pern series?
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Mine is just a shameless name insert, but I've been using it for so long that it has become part of my internet identity, so I'm not likely to change it.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    That you liked the Dragon Riders of Pern series?
    Not at all.

(though yes, it's Dragonriders, all one word, in that series, like my name)

It was a character from a story I wrote when I was eleven-ish (Elithia Dragonrider), and I use the Elithia part a lot because it's less likely to be taken, but I typed Dragonrider in because I was curious to see if it would be and it wasn't. So I used it. Which was silly.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

I kinda like the look of the names Mordaki and NamonakiRei.
    Pseudo-Luigi of the Solt Lorkyurg Fanclub.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeo View Post
    So Vaarsuvius is an Epic Whatsit now. "Whatsit". I think I like that term.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

My names all follow a pattern - I've had Chichikov, Sharikov, Myshlaevsky, Oleg, Kolgotov, Novokov and now Osipovna. Next I'll probably go with Isay or Zorya - or maybe I'll break pattern and actually think something up.

I'm not sure what the best name I've ever seen was - the only thing that currently comes to mind is a druid named 'bearforceone' back when I played WoW, but that's not so impressive. There are many I like, but I'm hesitant to draw a bead on the 'best'.
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2009-10-05 at 05:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I've always like the screennames that sounded like names. Castaras' comes to mind. And of course Ego Slayer was a great....

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It was a character from a story I wrote when I was eleven-ish (Elithia Dragonrider), and I use the Elithia part a lot because it's less likely to be taken, but I typed Dragonrider in because I was curious to see if it would be and it wasn't. So I used it. Which was silly.
    It's still a nice name though.

Theres many I've seen on the forums that I like, I can't think of many off the top of my head though.

Tired n Drowsy
    Vorpal Tribble
    LurkerInThePlayground

And ya gotta love our resident Cookie Monster. You know who you are!
    Last edited by Vizen; 2009-10-05 at 05:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pair O'Dice Lost.

Creative and punny? How can a girl resist? *swoon*
    Awesome elfatar by Sneak.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

I really like Gorbash Kazdar, or Comrade Gorby from some reason, I don't even know where it's from (if it's from "somewhere") at all, but it's great.

RabbitHoleLost is nice too, as well as Amiria (thought the "Countess of Mispelling" was really classy), and Dragonprime, even though he doesn't like it

And those that I don't remember right now.
    Last edited by Spiryt; 2009-10-05 at 05:31 PM.
    The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing;
    Rush in and die, dogs—I was a man before I was a king.

Whoever makes shoddy beer, shall be thrown into manure - town law from Gdańsk, XIth century.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raewyn View Post
    Pair O'Dice Lost.

Creative and punny? How can a girl resist? *swoon*
    I like Djinn In Tonic, for the same reason. >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Gouf Custom. Because that name, as any Gundam fan will tell you, implies excellent taste.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Luis Dantas is an awesome name. Anybody know what that's from? if anything?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-10-05 at 05:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

You could've gotten your name changed, here, DeeRee. They do that periodically.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    You could've gotten your name changed, here, DeeRee. They do that periodically.
    I know, but it's my IDENTITY now. That would be like changing my given name - I just couldn't.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I know, but it's my IDENTITY now. That would be like changing my given name - I just couldn't.
    I renamed myself on my 20th year.

Let's say I now understand why some cultures give/gave their child temporary names until they were old enough to choose one's for themselves. Feels so much better, like it is truly your name.

My family is/was/might be making a family tree album soon. They joked about people getting confused when my branch suddenly appears out of nowhere.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

I renamed myself on my 20th year.

Let's say I now understand why some cultures give/gave their child temporary names until they were old enough to choose one's for themselves. Feels so much better, like it is truly your name.

My family is/was/might be making a family tree album soon. They joked about people getting confused when my branch suddenly appears out of nowhere.
    Heh. I tried to auction off my name for charity once, but was essentially forbidden due to administrative problems that would result.

I've always wanted to change it, though. Maybe I should follow your example.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

JabberWockySupafly because his name is an Aesop Rock reference.

I really love PersonMan's screen name for some reason.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myshlaevsky View Post
    Heh. I tried to auction off my name for charity once, but was essentially forbidden due to administrative problems that would result.

I've always wanted to change it, though. Maybe I should follow your example.
    Hey, at least in my state you can change it up to five times. So what do you have to lose? Either you're happy with your life decision, or you can just change it right back some day.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just noticed Thatguyoverther's screen name, and realized there is a lot of thought and creativity the goes into picking an "alter ego" name. Not to mention that the younger of us have had years to refine and think about them.

While I am finding it hard to pick a favorite here, since so many have either brought a smirk to my face or made me outright laugh, I want to hear your opinions.

ps. I find that the right avatar tends to help, but I am not sure if that counts.
    I would have done Thatguyoverthere, but there wasn't enough room for the last e. It was either that or Terracotta Pie.

On an ps. related note, does anybody remember the name of the bland ubiquitous looking gray avatar? I can't seem to find it anymore under the avatar options.
    Last edited by Thatguyoverther; 2009-10-05 at 06:05 PM.
    Pwn 4 teh pwn god! N00bs 4 teh n00b thr1!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

I can understand that decision, and it's cool that you made it, but I just don't think I ever could. I LIKE my first and middle names, anyway, even if I despise my last one. Fortunately, it is socially acceptable for females to change their last names upon marriage...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguyoverther View Post
    I would have done Thatguyoverthere, but there wasn't enough room for the last e. It was either that or Terracotta Pie.

On an ps. related note, does anybody remember the name of the bland ubiquitous looking gray avatar? I can't seem to find it anymore under the avatar options.
    I kinda figured as much. LoL.

I can understand that decision, and it's cool that you made it, but I just don't think I ever could. I LIKE my first and middle names, anyway, even if I despise my last one. Fortunately, it is socially acceptable for females to change their last names upon marriage...
    Mine is now Drake (Old English for Dragon) if you would like to share it.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

I like just about everyone's username here, but I especially like the ones that sound like names, because with a title like "Blue Ghost" instead of a name, it's so much more awkward when someone calls you. But as with Dri, Blue Ghost is part of my identity now (I've been using that name since before I met the Internet), so who am I to change it?

Some names that I really like here are Amiria, Mordokai, and Recaiden. All those names have such nice rings to them. Another one I like is Je dit Viola. Not quite a name like the others, but it's French! (I just call her Viola when I talk to her.) There are probably others that I cannot remember at the moment.
    I remember someone named "Stardot" (*.*.*.*) introducing herself in the "Welcome New Members" thread, but I haven't seen her since.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguyoverther View Post
    What, you mean the clone avatar? I thought we were finished with the clones!
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2009-10-05 at 06:10 PM.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

25. - Top - End - #25
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I have to admit to liking Jack Squat's name, just because it seems like he had the same basic idea as me.

Hey, at least in my state you can change it up to five times. So what do you have to lose? Either you're happy with your life decision, or you can just change it right back some day.
    Just curious, what state is that?

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Face of Evil. That guy is just awesome.

Djinn in Tonic is pretty funny. And Hellfirelover's a terrific name for a lovely lady.

Also, Jax Garet, for the coolest character ever to appear in the Shannara series.
    Last edited by FoE; 2009-10-05 at 06:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Firbolg in the Playground

That 'Thufir' guy always seemed pretty cool to me

Seriously, it's not a thought which tends to cross my mind. I just see them as names. Some I might think are a bit dumb, maybe, but none really attract my attention as being especially cool.

@Thatguyoverther: I think you're thinking of the avatar created for Clone Week, which would not be under the avatar options as it was made specifically for the week.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

I've always been a fan of AverageJoe's

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Mine is now Drake (Old English for Dragon) if you would like to share it.
    My monosyllabic first name needs a polysyllabic last name to go with it. Which it doesn't have - that might be part of the problem.

averagejoe: When I was relatively new to the playground, I actually got Jack Squat and you mixed up all the time.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

I also like Em Blackleaf and Krimm Blackleaf, if only because it makes me think of "NO, NOT BLACKLEAF!"
    Last edited by FoE; 2009-10-05 at 06:17 PM.