New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Grrl Power VIII: Hotter Than What's In Sydney's Lunchbox

The 7th discussion thread for the superhero comic Grrl Power.

https://www.grrlpowercomic.com/

Starting at page 1198 we hopefully move on to more interesting topics than the recent Archon Orgy.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2023-10-20 at 06:19 AM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power VII: Hotter Than What's In Sydney's Lunchbox

Tagging this so i can follow. Also, I kind of wish we had spent more time on amorphus and his issue with the whole mess, but that got sidetracked almost instantly into yelling at dabbler so im pretty sure dave doesnt want to dwell on any negative repercussions to this.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Tagging this so i can follow. Also, I kind of wish we had spent more time on amorphus and his issue with the whole mess, but that got sidetracked almost instantly into yelling at dabbler so im pretty sure dave doesnt want to dwell on any negative repercussions to this.
    We might still see some fallout between them, but just doing a jump cut from here to whatever scene has Heatwave and Amorphous reconciling would probably be too sudden for pacing.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Seems to be the second seventh thread.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Grrl Power VIII: Hotter Than What's In Sydney's Lunchbox

Doh, thats an annoying but correct point.
    Perhaps i should not just have copied the old thread name directly.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2023-10-20 at 06:20 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

I'm noting what Parfait said about the bonds increasing power but not control.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

It is repeating what we got in an author text box.
    But yeah. Does explain the reason for all of this nicely.
    A massive unexpected power surge when a teenage succubus is hooked on to the power of a arc fiend.

Also worth noting i think. Is that Parfait said she chose Thom.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I'm noting what Parfait said about the bonds increasing power but not control.
    And wondering what other things might do that - like, for example, a whole lot of erotic energy being released around a young succubus might power them up while even reducing control. Parfait probably should not go near, e.g., an orgy or a brothel.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    And wondering what other things might do that - like, for example, a whole lot of erotic energy being released around a young succubus might power them up while even reducing control. Parfait probably should not go near, e.g., an orgy or a brothel.
    I think its more the way she described it to sydney. She is getting pleasure centers stimulated that she has never felt before. Imagine if you have had sex many times before, enjoyed it greatly, then suddenly you learn about this thing called erogenous zones. They have never been touched before, you had no idea there was such a thing. Suddenly now sex is like a thousand times more incredible feeling! It would be pretty overwhelming. And it could easily make you lose control until you have experienced it enough to be ready. Now imagine you are a psychic like jean grey and what losing control could do to those around you? Its probably a balance of the two really. She is getting pleasure overload from the whole contract thing and is also trying to contain a massive power boost for the first time. Thats got to be a very difficult challenge to overcome. Like trying to use cerebro for the first time while in mid *ahem* well you get the idea.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    It is repeating what we got in an author text box.
    But yeah. Does explain the reason for all of this nicely.
    A massive unexpected power surge when a teenage succubus is hooked on to the power of a arc fiend.

Also worth noting i think. Is that Parfait said she chose Thom.
    Yea it was always pretty clear that she was with Thom by choice.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Are Amorphous and Heatwave married or dating?

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Are Amorphous and Heatwave married or dating?
    I think they are a couple but its a fairly serious thing going by her jealousy at the very start of the comic when she thought daphne was making a move on her man. If I remember the backstory correctly, they and achilles are a sort of independent team that has joined arcswat or some such thing.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I think its more the way she described it to sydney. She is getting pleasure centers stimulated that she has never felt before. Imagine if you have had sex many times before, enjoyed it greatly, then suddenly you learn about this thing called erogenous zones. They have never been touched before, you had no idea there was such a thing. Suddenly now sex is like a thousand times more incredible feeling! It would be pretty overwhelming. And it could easily make you lose control until you have experienced it enough to be ready. Now imagine you are a psychic like jean grey and what losing control could do to those around you? Its probably a balance of the two really. She is getting pleasure overload from the whole contract thing and is also trying to contain a massive power boost for the first time. Thats got to be a very difficult challenge to overcome. Like trying to use cerebro for the first time while in mid *ahem* well you get the idea.
    No its more than this. It was specifically explained in the text boxes.
    In that its more than just being collared that caused this.
    The collaring also link the magic of the involved parties.

And Parfait got her teenage sized mana pool linked to a progressive 300 year old fiend who basically just went "help yourself"
    A bit like lending someone who just got her driving licence the top tuned vehicle you use for street racing.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Like most of the succubus sexy shenanigans in this comic, I don't Dave even thinks that they are negative actions at all. Or nothing more than something deserving a slap on the wrist anyways.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2023-10-20 at 11:50 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Like most of the succubus sexy shenanigans in this comic, I don't Dave even thinks that they are negative actions at all. Or nothing more than something deserving a slap on the wrist anyways.
    Thats not quite true.
    Max are holding an emergency meeting over this.
    Poor Parfait has to do a public apology.
    Dabbler has to do a bit of conflict resolution that she is thankfully overqualified for when being serious.

Just.. its also not blown further out of proportions than it is.
    Someone very young lost control of a super power. Stuff happened because of it.
    Likely everyone in Archon can nod agreement to that. Even Max of all people has made bigger messes accidentally.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Thats not quite true.
    Dabbler has to do a bit of conflict resolution that she is thankfully overqualified for when being serious.

Likely everyone in Archon can nod agreement to that. Even Max of all people has made bigger messes accidentally.
    Case in point. Also the fires Sydney started, when she tested PPO for example.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

17. - Top - End - #17

This comic reminded me that sydney is still comically unaware of what her mom does for a living even though it would probably have been helpful if she had gone to her with it first. Not that she seems to mind what her contract gets her so far.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Case in point. Also the fires Sydney started, when she tested PPO for example.
    Yeah thats the examples i was thinking about.
    In comparison i think the Lust Aura incident was fairly small.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah thats the examples i was thinking about.
    In comparison i think the Lust Aura incident was fairly small.
    Small in terms of raw property damage yes, but I think the potential emotional damage related to the aura are pretty severe. It seems like as is or at least as it happened here it just kind of pushed people towards what they were already inclined to do but it could go very dark very quickly.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Thats not quite true.

Except everyone is just cool with it and even Amporphous only feels kinda sorta guilty about it.

Because personally? In that sort of situation, I'd either be asking for a guarantee for that to never to happen again, or I'd quit immediately. And if I was in Sydny's situation, my answer to Parfait would be a regretful no. I don't think I could ever trust or be comfortable around her (or admittedly any succubus) after that. Not for a long time anyways. So the idea that we've got nearly a dozen people or so, all of which are pretty much cool with what happened (including Sydney), is pretty unrealistic to me.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

... honestly, every time we go off into the succubus tangents I get the same sort of vibe as this DM's game.

Despite his obvious desire to do so, I honestly wonder if Dave should bother writing erotica, because he's bad at it. His 'sexy' scenes come off about as titillating as a five-year-old mashing naked Barbies together, at least to me. The weird 'everyone-is-wearing-an-invisible-corset' anatomy doesn't do much for me either, but I can at least respect that as a stylistic choice. I really enjoy the funny, the superheroics, the portrayal of an ADHD character deeper than "SQUIRREL!"... but the 'sexy'? Mehhhhh...

And no, I haven't forgotten the whole 'cheesecake/beefcake' tag, that doesn't bother me much (beyond, like I said, the anatomy that I find kind of weird and off-putting), but whenever the characters go beyond flirtatiousness, I am left with questions.

Unpleasant questions
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-10-22 at 04:09 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Small in terms of raw property damage yes, but I think the potential emotional damage related to the aura are pretty severe. It seems like as is or at least as it happened here it just kind of pushed people towards what they were already inclined to do but it could go very dark very quickly.
    You know what also causes a lot of emotional damage?
    Having a friend and co-worker get exploded by a stray plasma blast
    As i have mentioned a dozen times now. We got pretty clear evidence all this did was make people really in the mood.
    So no i dont see how it get meaningfully worse then the fallout Dabbler is now clearing.

Except everyone is just cool with it and even Amporphous only feels kinda sorta guilty about it.

Because personally? In that sort of situation, I'd either be asking for a guarantee for that to never to happen again, or I'd quit immediately. And if I was in Sydny's situation, my answer to Parfait would be a regretful no. I don't think I could ever trust or be comfortable around her (or admittedly any succubus) after that. Not for a long time anyways. So the idea that we've got nearly a dozen people or so, all of which are pretty much cool with what happened (including Sydney), is pretty unrealistic to me.
    Yes.. because as such it didnt injury or harm anyone. It gave them a great time.
    Everyone is mellow on what was likely the best sex they ever had. It makes sense the mood is relaxed.
    Even when told this was caused by a power accident.

But yeah. In turn thats the sort of american ideology i personally find weird and impossible to understand.
    Your expected to risk your life at work. Go into obscenely dangerous situations. Get exploded if a teammate lose control of her electro power? No problem.
    Your at risk of accidentally banging your hot coworker if a tantric magic loser has a accident? Your out? really???

23. - Top - End - #23

You know what also causes a lot of emotional damage?
    Having a friend and co-worker get exploded by a stray plasma blast
    As i have mentioned a dozen times now. We got pretty clear evidence all this did was make people really in the mood.
    So no i dont see how it get meaningfully worse then the fallout Dabbler is now clearing.

Yes.. because as such it didnt injury or harm anyone. It gave them a great time.
    Everyone is mellow on what was likely the best sex they ever had. It makes sense the mood is relaxed.

But yeah. In turn thats the sort of american ideology i personally find weird and impossible to understand.
    Your expected to risk your life at work. Go into obscenely dangerous situations. Get exploded if a teammate lose control of her electro power? No problem.
    Your at risk of accidentally banging your hot coworker if a tantric magic loser has a accident? Your out? really???
    Yeah said that way it does feel sorta silly to be chased off by a tantric power accident, but to not be worried about the person whose power is making everything burst into flame losing control.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Because I won't even allow myself to be drunk, that's how much I absolutely hate losing control over my own emotions and actions. Sure sometimes I'm relaxed enough to loosen my inhibitions, or emotional enough, but those situations are still because of me. Having someone force me into that mindset? I'd view it as a violation, like I would if someone slipped me ecstasy or mushrooms without my permission, no matter how positive the experience ended up being.

Fighting an enemy? (Even an enemy mind controller) Sure, I can accept that as a risk. Because I'm putting myself on the line to protect other people from them. I'm not doing it for the fun of it and when someone does try and attack me, they are seen as a problem. And Maxima runs a tight ship. We don't see Jiggawatt or Heat Wave completely losing control and exploding on their allies. They are trained daily, probably to avoid that exact scenario. If they did lose control and maim an ally or civilian, I'd expect there to be consequences.

So far this is leaning towards Parfait basically getting away scot-free. There's still some pages left to go in this conversation, so maybe that can turn around, but the fact that no one so far has a problem with it does bother me.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Because I won't even allow myself to be drunk, that's how much I absolutely hate losing control over my own emotions and actions. Sure sometimes I'm relaxed enough to loosen my inhibitions, or emotional enough, but those situations are still because of me. Having someone force me into that mindset? I'd view it as a violation, like I would if someone slipped me ecstasy or mushrooms without my permission, no matter how positive the experience ended up being.

Fighting an enemy? (Even an enemy mind controller) Sure, I can accept that as a risk. Because I'm putting myself on the line to protect other people from them. I'm not doing it for the fun of it and when someone does try and attack me, they are seen as a problem. And Maxima runs a tight ship. We don't see Jiggawatt or Heat Wave completely losing control and exploding on their allies. They are trained daily, probably to avoid that exact scenario. If they did lose control and maim an ally or civilian, I'd expect there to be consequences.

So far this is leaning towards Parfait basically getting away scot-free. There's still some pages left to go in this conversation, so maybe that can turn around, but the fact that no one so far has a problem with it does bother me.
    Parfait is A: basically still a child, and B: not actually part of the squad, so Max can do next to nothing about her except tell her to hand out with her friends somewhere else next time.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

26. - Top - End - #26

I don't think a college student is "basically still a child."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #27

Its doubtful it will be scott free. Most likely there will be restrictions on her visiting until its confirmed she has proper control over herself and there may be more to it. Remember she isnt a member of archon, she is part of a foreign powers crew. Which complicates things as even if they wanted to throw her in the brig for daring to lose control of herself and accidentally making everyone in the building horny but able to control it if they wished, they probably couldnt due to causing issues with tom the leader of infernal darkness or whatever his titles are.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I don't think a college student is "basically still a child."
    Speaking as somebody who lives in a college town, you are mistaken.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Parfait is A: basically still a child, and B: not actually part of the squad, so Max can do next to nothing about her except tell her to hand out with her friends somewhere else next time.
    She could easily ban Parfait from the premises. Well technically speaking, Parfait doesn't have a passport (and even if she does, she certainly didn't cross the border officially), so she could kick her out of the country entirely.

But more realistically, she could say 'Parfait isn't allowed on Archon property,'

Its doubtful it will be scott free. Most likely there will be restrictions on her visiting until its confirmed she has proper control over herself and there may be more to it. Remember she isnt a member of archon, she is part of a foreign powers crew. Which complicates things as even if they wanted to throw her in the brig for daring to lose control of herself and accidentally making everyone in the building horny but able to control it if they wished, they probably couldnt due to causing issues with tom the leader of infernal darkness or whatever his titles are.
    At this point restrictions on Parfait visiting would be a pleasant surprise because that's how little faith I have in Dave.

But speaking of Tom the Fiend, should he (and by extension Deus) be having serious problems with the Council? Like they have an entire organization dedicated to preventing supernatural things from exposing them all, and Tom is walking around with an army of literal demons.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #30

She could easily ban Parfait from the premises. Well technically speaking, Parfait doesn't have a passport (and even if she does, she certainly didn't cross the border officially), so she could kick her out of the country entirely.

But more realistically, she could say 'Parfait isn't allowed on Archon property,'

At this point restrictions on Parfait visiting would be a pleasant surprise because that's how little faith I have in Dave.

But speaking of Tom the Fiend, should he (and by extension Deus) be having serious problems with the Council? Like they have an entire organization dedicated to preventing supernatural things from exposing them all, and Tom is walking around with an army of literal demons.
    I mean, aliens are a part of that council and already exposed, and there is a significant faction that doesnt want to hide anymore anyways, so its likely its a somewhat moot point by now or there is enough debate that they cant do anything anyways. It honestly feels like the genie is out of the bottle and all thats left is the slow confirmation of everything supernatural existing as its not like they can do anything to change that. And Deus isnt a part of the council or under their control, so they cant officially do anything to him, and unofficially would end badly for them considering his known defenses alone. As for parfaits punishment, I think restrictions are a likely one. I mean, there should be restrictions anyways if only because its a non member of archon on the base without notifying anyone or getting permission. That alone should be getting both her and sydney in some amount of trouble. The fact that something went wrong, even if a relatively mild issue like this just compounds it. It wouldnt shock me if she is banned until she has proven her self control makes her safe to be out and about without a senior on hand to reel her in just in case.