New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Wild Wild West. IC

Tex- Feel free to roll perception/Sneak, but realy, at this point things look bad. :P

The sun is low, and your long distance vision is getting blurry. However, on the horizon you see three things. The first, is a large, square structure. It's The old Rob-Co facility, not more then a mile or two off.

The second is a trader caravan. The group is unidentifiable from here.

The last, a rather large party of humans, they seem to be leading a caravan of 2 make-shift cage like structures, full of humanoids. It's obvious at this point the merchant group is outrunning the "slavers".

Unfortunately for you all ( not counting tex yet), something ELSE has caught your attention. Before you have time to give a second thought to the slavers a MASSIVE insectoid creature falls apon jennesen.

The black chitinous plating of the giant scorpian scraps against you as it holds you down, a foul icor spilling from it's joints, tail, and mouth.

With a hissing it's tail is draw, and prepared to be swung down apon it's prey.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 35
    SQ: 8
    AP: 8
    XP: 400
    CC: 5%
    AC: 10 DR DT
    Normal: 1 5%
    Laser: 0 0
    Fire: 4 20%
    Plasma: 0 0
    Explosion: 1 5%
    PR: 100%
    RR: 50%
    GR: 50/100
    Attacks: Tail (80%, 4 AP, D:1d12, Poison
    Type D)

(1d100)[45] (To beat 70% minus any mods jennesen has)
    (1d12)[6]

(mark up sequences, the Radscorpian has 8)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

If the scorp hits jennesen, roll poison resistance.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

Wait, what? I beat the perception roll needed by 8, how the hell did I get snuck up on? Assuming I see it (which I should) it starts 50 hexes away. Even further, I get the option to use an outdoorsman roll to avoid this entirely, which I'm doing.

Outdoorsman: (1d100)[39](39) Rolling against 44.

Well, looks like we've headed off away from this random encounter. Sorry Radscorpion, no food for you.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-10-17 at 07:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Roll for poison, Goal: 25 (1d100)[1]

Wow, didn't see that coming lol.
    Last edited by Talking Donkey; 2009-10-17 at 01:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
    Wait, what? I beat the perception roll needed by 8, how the hell did I get snuck up on? Assuming I see it (which I should) it starts 50 hexes away. Even further, I get the option to use an outdoorsman roll to avoid this entirely, which I'm doing.

Outdoorsman: [roll0] Rolling against 44.

Well, looks like we've headed off away from this random encounter. Sorry Radscorpion, no food for you.
    Nix that jennesen, apparently milk is opting to skip this entire encounter. ( which, since he ASKED for a easier fight, I am amazed he skipped it.... )
    ( also, you did just condem a group of innocent traders, and all the slaves the slavers had, to a continued life or death of enslavement. )

6. - Top - End - #126
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMTibernius View Post
    Nix that jennesen, apparently milk is opting to skip this entire encounter. ( which, since he ASKED for a easier fight, I am amazed he skipped it.... )
    ( also, you did just condem a group of innocent traders, and all the slaves the slavers had, to a continued life or death of enslavement. )
    I just wanted to avoid the radscorpion, not the slavers, if that's possible.

As for an easier encounter: I kind of wanted one with a chance of actually getting us something; a radscorpion would be a waste of bullets. Raiders, however, let us get some ammo and caps.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

(so... since your skipping the encounter, and the XPs/Treasures...)

You move past the apparent issues in the waste. Dodging the slavers as they gun down that lone trader group.

However it is miss fortune for others that will bring yourself much more luck. A large billboard sits on the horizon, not more then a couple hundread yards off reading, ROB-CO, as well as some faded out part where an obvious slogan would have sat.

The area looks relitivly bare, what would have counted as a parking lot at a time is barren of everything except for dilapitated Canyonaro SUV . The SUV sits up on stone blocks, it's wheels removed.

The facitlities front door seems ungaurded, and there are no signs of raiders, or mutants, or guys named Tenpenny.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

Perception check (in case there are negative mods; remember, stuff can be trying to be stealthy, which would probably be an ad-hoc decrease to my perception): (1d10)[2](2)

Tanner looks around the parking lot. Assuming it looks safe, he'll begin walking towards the entrance of the facility.

Looks like we found the place, guys. Let's get in there, grab what we need, and get out. Anyone got any light? I dunno if there will be electricity in there.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

"I've got no light myself. Not used to going into dark places like this. You got anything Tex?" Jennessen follows Tanner, not wanting to be the first nor last to go inside the building.
    Last edited by Talking Donkey; 2009-10-18 at 06:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I do indeed, Jennessen." says Tex as little lights pop out over his shoulders, and a large one flickers to life on the right side of his head. He rolls on into the decrepit Rob-Co factory, lights making the darkness retreat in front of him.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

Jennessen falls in right behind the large talking toaster, using him as much for light as cover, just in case **** hits the fan again.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Banned

Damn, I forgot about my Pip-Boy. Had a light the whole time and wouldn't even have known about it.

I flick on my Pip-Boy, creating yet another light source in the parking lot.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Rob-Co!! (Industries, est. 1954!!) ( I think. :p)

The building is very dark, obviously. Coupled with the fact the sun has setted, and night envelops the wastes, the factory is nearly pitch black. The only sources of light are comming either from the snack machenes, the soda machenes, some still functioning mechanism and signs within the building, and most of all the lights from you three.

( I tried making a map, but failed sooo....)

The dark halls seem almost lifeless as you explore the compound, nothing entirely threatning from a couple rad-roaches, which are quickly delt with.
    Finally you all come to a floor-plan of the factory, a large red dot with a "YOU ARE HERE" on the south-most end.

The map shows a multitude of room on the first floor alone, as well as a series of access routes to the higher stories.

Floor Plan- 1st Floor

* Assembly Line 1
    * Directors Office
    * Research and Development 1
    * Lab 1
    * Cafeteria 1
    * Common Room A
    * Western Stairwell
    * Eastern Stairwell
    * Assembly Line 2
    * Costumer Support
    * Assembly Line 3
    * Storage Room A
    * Storage Room B
    * Common Room B

Any and all appropriate checks now. ( Stealthings, Gamblings, Etc-ings)
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-10-18 at 11:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Banned

Huh, no clue what to make of this. If it's a robot facility, our best bet finding ammo would probably be at the assembly line, seeing as they'd probably be, I dunno, putting the guns on the robots there.

15. - Top - End - #135

"Do as you wish human. I am going to the Director's Office first. All I require is any ammunition that may of be use to me." says Tex in his monotonous robot voice.
    Last edited by Goblinsplitter; 2009-10-18 at 08:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

You press through the dark hallways. Making no effort to keep your wits about you or remain quiet. If there WAS anything in here with you, it's not like they wouldent have time to prepare at this point.

Pushing on past a short series of hallways, with yet more radroaches, you come to a door only slightly smaller then the rather bulky TEX. A sign on the front reads "DIRECTORS OFFICE".

You all push inside, a rather tight fit for TEX, however nothing of a real issue. Once inside you find alot of important "office" type dealies.

A small box under the main desk titled "EMERGENCY ONLY".
    A personal computer with more wires then the average one streaming along the floor. It seems active.
    A coffee mug with something.... unknown... inside.
    A multitude of papers all about the office, some littering the floor.
    The corpse of possibly the director of this unit of ROB-CO, although with his remains being just a skeleton with no suit, your not sure.
    A revolver on the desk, the chamber open to accept more ammo.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Banned

Tex, you know how to use that computer over there? I've never been good at 'em. Lemme just see what's in the "Emergency Only" box.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Emergency Kit- (Tanner gets first dibs)

1 Knife
    1 Hammer
    1 week worth of perishable foodstuffs
    1 clip of .44 rounds
    1 "Robot-B-Gone Mark II" (Pulse Grenade)
    1. Small Energy Cell
    2 Flares
    1 Flashlight (empty?)
    1 Stimpack
    1 Antidote bottle

19. - Top - End - #139
    Banned

(What type of revolver is it on the desk? Also, what type of .44 magnum ammo is it?)

Lots of good stuff in here, guys. We've got some ammo for that revolver on the desk, either of you can take it since I've already got Deagle. There's a knife and a hammer in here, I think I'll carry them around, and some medical supplies I can carry around. Plus, there's an anti-robot grenade and some energy cell, maybe you can use it, Tex. A couple flares as well; I can carry one around and shoot with one hand. Tex, could you grab the food, it's kind of bulky for me to carry.

Tanner reaches through the container, digging through it's contents. He takes the Stimpack, Pulse Grenade, Hammer, Knife, antidote, and a flare.
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-10-18 at 08:52 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Add up the appropriate weights of the crap you guys take. ( I am a bit serious about weight. being Encumbered is the crappiest part of FO Imo)

(I will wait up for Donkey and his char before I continue the story. )

The Gun-
    Casull Magnum Revolver

Min. ST: 5 W: 6 lbs. Dmg: +7 Rng: 6 AP
    S: 4 T: 5 B: N/A

With

.44 Magnum JHP
    Value: 200
    AC: 0 DR: - 10 Vol: 20 Dmg: 1d8

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

"No thanks on the Magnum, tried shooting one of those one time, nearly broke my wrist. I'll carry whatever is left from the emergency kit... assuming Tex doesn't want it."
    Jennessen looks around for anything else before continuing. "I wouldn't mind going to the R&D department before we leave. Maybe they were working on some type of helpful gear."

[OOC:
    Jennessen takes:
    44. Mag rounds
    Flare
    1 Small Energy Cell
    Flashlight

Will also take the pistol if not one else wants it, but I won't use it.]

Rolls if needed:
    Perception Goal 5: (1d10)[9]
    Luck Goal 7: (1d10)[8]

Couldn't find anything in here
    Last edited by Talking Donkey; 2009-10-18 at 09:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Banned

I perceive. (d10)[5]

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

( Flash lights take small energy cells... how convinent. :p)

OoC- We will push on after Goblin posts the robots actions. ( Leave no computer left un hacked. :p)

( Ya, know what, fk me rolling luck and hiding it. It's easier if you guys just roll it everytime you make any OTHER roll from now on. Saves me time. :p)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Banned

Fine then, my luck roll: (1d10)[3] Need to beat a three.

Woo, I'm lucky-ish!
    Last edited by Milskidasith; 2009-10-18 at 09:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

"I would wish to take that revolver. My other weaponry has limited ammo. Let's see what this computer shall yield." says Tex as he rolls up to the computer.

Science vs 59%
    (1d100)[85]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Re: The Wild Wild West. IC

As you all shuffle through the materials, and divide up the supplies, TEX sets to work. However, after a few minutes of working with the "lesser machene" TEX hears a *click* sounds, much like a lock locking emitted from the computer. From the screen you can see in bold letters "ACCESS DENIED, Insert override code in USB port"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jennessen

"Sure Tex, heres the Ammo for it as well."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Banned

Looks like we aren't getting into that computer. I say we head to the assembly line; if there are others like you there, TEX, we can probably find some ammo for you there.

29. - Top - End - #149

"Foolish machine!" roars Tex angrily, in a human like voice this time. Tex sets about looking for a flash drive in the desk/around the office.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Tex turns the room upside down looking for the small flash drive. However to no success. You would assume it's probably with the directors missing clothes.

(destination?) ( technically as long as TEX is in the lead, I will let him choose. Obviously he should be willing to agree)