Level: Bard 3
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: Standard action
    Range: Area centered on self
    Area: 30 foot radius
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: Yes

A triumphant victory theme of trumpet and horn rings forth from nothing, inspiring great strength in your allies. Your allies caught in the radius of the spell gain a +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution, and 2d8 temporary hit points for the duration of the spell.

Wearying Winds
    Necromancy
    Level: Bard 3
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: Standard action
    Range: Area centered on self
    Area: 20 foot radius
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

A melancholy song of flute wavers through the air, sapping the strength from your opponents. All enemies within the area become fatigued for the spell's duration.
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2009-11-28 at 12:48 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Instrumental Magic [2 Spells]

You need to assign a school (enchantment, etc.) for both spells. And you'd probably want to indicate a focus (a trumpet and a flute, or at least some sort of instrument).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

based on the other bard spells around them, these are both AT LEAST 3rd level. They're shorter burn boosts but the first is better than Aid by some margin and affects multiple targets.

the second isn't too powerful but does suffer that Waves of Weariness is a 4th level spell.

Conceptually nice, they're just so powerful that they'd be complete no-brainers for every Bard in the game at this level.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I was judging them compared to the ability score buffs, at one person +4 to an ability score for 1 min/level, whereas these are only one round per level. But I can see your argument, 3rd is probably a better placing.

And, forgot about the school. Fixing.