New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Plan Ansom: Decapitation strike!

It's been 50 or so turns since TBFGK, that's 50 dwagons popped alone by the arkentool. Not to mention 1-2 additional a turn from the dwagon hunt/tame parson made up to get stanley occupied. Not to mention any survivors from the actual battle that stanley brought back (1 he rode on for sure)

So that's 100-201 dwagons at least. Overkill for any fight if ansom brought them all.

Besides if it was safer with the army than Stanley would be there. He's still at home base because of the chance of him being croaked. So as powerful as the army is, the main base is just gonna be that much better defended.

Ansom didn't put everything into this fight, what he did was stopped expansion and consolidated all the forces being use to increase GKs side and put them towards tking out jetstone.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

It's been 50 or so turns since TBFGK, that's 50 dwagons popped alone by the arkentool. Not to mention 1-2 additional a turn from the dwagon hunt/tame parson made up to get stanley occupied. Not to mention any survivors from the actual battle that stanley brought back (1 he rode on for sure)

So that's 100-201 dwagons at least. Overkill for any fight if ansom brought them all.
    No, to start with GW have not been making dwagons alone, its not the hammer that pops the dwagons, it just makes it possible to produce them.

Also, the dwagons would still have a upkeep, they are not a free army like the decryptet.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Likely because dwagons start off a lot stronger than pretty much anything else, and can get much stronger through leveling, as parson's trap in book one showed, also quick question has it been stated anywhere that decrypted can still level?
    offical catalogger of all the reasons why single word spells should not take more than one page for the fanclub

"and now for something totaly different"
    "go grace!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Even the uncroaked where able to level. And the decripted are very much alive and so should level as normal.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wymmerdann View Post
    Of course, the fact that a decrypted unit has no upkeep would be immedietely apparent to any erfworld unit) or indeed Parson, if he has the glasses) that encounters it.
    1. Only warlords and casters can see stats. So, no, not any unit can see the stats
    2. Upkeep does not appear to be part of viewable stats. Parson only sees Move, Hits, Combat, Defense, and Special.
    EDIT: Oh, wait, but he can see Ansom has no upkeep…. Hm. I guess the latter is canon.

As for the mount discussion, I would point people to the summer updates where it was shown that any unit can become an archer unit, simply by using a missile weapon, they will simply be ineffective as one. Similarly we were shown that Parson cannot ride Dwagons, despite them being a mount unit. From this we can draw a conclusion that any unit can be a mount unit, but the efficiency of, say, a twoll, will be less than a horse, rug, dwagon or group of archons.
    Archery being an ability that can be gained through proper armament, doesn't imply anything about what is required to act as a mount.

On a side note of page 4 the newer updates, given that lots of dwagons and decrypted archons are with Ansom; an airstrike by charlie, Transylvito or even Faq (with their new allies) could probably level Gobwin Knob, killing both Parson and Stanley, and reducing the threat of the decrypted by making them barbarian.
    Gobwin Knob's forces have been growing at an alarming rate—especially the decrypted and dwagons. Having hordes of decrypted and dwagons on Jeststone's doorstep does not imply that Gobwin Knob has been left defenseless. Neither Parson nor Ansom would approve of that.
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2009-11-08 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Ansom's Upkeep
    The Future just ain’t what it used to be.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

edit: Gah, nevermind. not allowing scripts must have blanked out text or something.
    Last edited by krossbow; 2009-11-09 at 02:38 AM.
    Monk sucks, but you know, it's not actually worth negative LA.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

You know, I don't think Parson really lied to Charlie. They aren't really trying to conquer cities anymore (not that they mind doing so). At a certain point overextending yourself leaves you with thinned out forces and plenty of weak points. Taking out Jetstone is just a necessary move to break up the giant alliance forming against them.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    You know, I don't think Parson really lied to Charlie. They aren't really trying to conquer cities anymore (not that they mind doing so). At a certain point overextending yourself leaves you with thinned out forces and plenty of weak points. Taking out Jetstone is just a necessary move to break up the giant alliance forming against them.
    People said the same thing about Hitler.

Godwinned baby.

9. - Top - End - #39

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    i'm confused here. i haven't seen anything on the summer updates dealing with charlescom; have i just missed something?
    Monk sucks, but you know, it's not actually worth negative LA.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by krossbow View Post
    i'm confused here. i haven't seen anything on the summer updates dealing with charlescom; have i just missed something?
    Yes.

Parson has a couple with conversations with Charlie.
    Last edited by LurkerInPlayground; 2009-11-09 at 10:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    No, to start with GW have not been making dwagons alone, its not the hammer that pops the dwagons, it just makes it possible to produce them.

Also, the dwagons would still have a upkeep, they are not a free army like the decryptet.
    Actually GW itself poops one per turn without even being requested (notice how after the battle when it was GW turn there was one flying over the town despite not being much of a town?) and the hammer might not poop then but it does tames then and they been have taming the ones that naturally poop in the wilderness.

So that is 100/150 in 50 turns (1 GW pooped + 1 or 2 tamed) and even if they might have a upkeep they are so rich they can support it.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakron View Post
    Actually GW itself poops one per turn without even being requested (notice how after the battle when it was GW turn there was one flying over the town despite not being much of a town?) and the hammer might not poop then but it does tames then and they been have taming the ones that naturally poop in the wilderness.

So that is 100/150 in 50 turns (1 GW pooped + 1 or 2 tamed) and even if they might have a upkeep they are so rich they can support it.
    Incorrect.

"I guess," shrugged Stanley. But he was showing some interest. "It used to take me two or three turns to find one when I would go out hunting, way back when. But it was still faster than popping them, and sometimes I'd get lucky and find two. Or three, this one time! I-"
    Additionally, if GK popped a dwagon every turn, one or two would have popped after Stanley abandoned the city. The blue that popped immediately after the battle was in GK's production queue for a few turns, and just happened to be completed on that turn.
    The above post made a lot more sense in my head.

Epic avatar by Mr. Saturn. Thanks Mr. Saturn!

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    Additionally, if GK popped a dwagon every turn, one or two would have popped after Stanley abandoned the city. The blue that popped immediately after the battle was in GK's production queue for a few turns, and just happened to be completed on that turn.
    Hunh.

I just took it to be a wild Blue Dwagon that just flew overhead at the time.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerInPlayground View Post
    Parson has a couple with conversations with Charlie.
    And a very enlightening discussion with decrypted Archons regarding their previous employer.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerInPlayground View Post
    I just took it to be a wild Blue Dwagon that just flew overhead at the time.
    Look closely and see the "Pop" sound effect just before the dwagon appears.
    Last edited by Shhalahr Windrider; 2009-11-10 at 09:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shhalahr Windrider View Post
    Oh, wait, but he can see Ansom has no upkeep…. Hm. I guess the latter is canon.
    I'm not entirely sure whether he can actually see that, or if he's asking Wanda if decrypted Ansom's upkeep is zero (like an uncroaked). Also, we don't know for sure whether what Parson sees through the glasses is exactly the same info, no more and no less, than what commanders see naturally.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Incorrect.

You misquoted. He is talking about taming, wherein parson comes up with an idea to make finding one every turn possible by having others scout and sending him out with a retinue to tame it. I'll check up on the popping thing later, but its mentioned very early on.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    I'm not entirely sure whether he can actually see that, or if he's asking Wanda if decrypted Ansom's upkeep is zero (like an uncroaked). Also, we don't know for sure whether what Parson sees through the glasses is exactly the same info, no more and no less, than what commanders see naturally.
    Yeah. I thought about that when rereading that strip a third time. After seeing references on the Erfworld Wiki to Upkeep being an unseeable stat. Add to that that I also re-discovered that we got a direct view of Jack's stats-as-Parson-sees-them with no upkeep…

Yeah, I'm sure Parson was asking Wanda now. And Wanda's confirmation implies that she instinctively knows the Upkeep of units she creates herself. Or at least pretends to and got lucky.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necrus Philius View Post
    You misquoted. He is talking about taming, wherein parson comes up with an idea to make finding one every turn possible by having others scout and sending him out with a retinue to tame it. I'll check up on the popping thing later, but its mentioned very early on.
    I didn't misquote, that was exactly what my point was. Taking two or three turns to find a dwagon is faster than popping a dwagon, which rebuts Drakron's claim that GK pops a dwagon a turn.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Necrus Philius View Post
    He is talking about taming...
    I am, its on Summer Update 35.

http://www.erfworld.com/page/20/

Also we can get a pretty idea of what GK was producing on Summer Update 45, half of turns were of Hobgobwins

http://www.erfworld.com/page/10/

Also even if Gobwin Knob (City) does not poop then every turn, the update 35 is clear they are getting at least 1 or 2 per turn by taming alone, since update 35 happened at GK turn 8 and we are at least turn 55 that means that at the very least they must be 55 dwagons in GK side (they got 2 dwagons tamed at the end of turn 8).

Even if its half of the number I used before its still a impressive force.

Also TigerHunter, Stanley abandoned GK (city) during GK turn, the rest of the battle was done on the coalition turn so even if there was a dwagon on GK production it would only poop on GK turn.

Edit: And no, they are NOT taking 3 turns to find a dwagon to tame, read the summer update.

Edit2: fixing links since they will point to the wrong page every time there is a new update (that just happened), if they are screwed up just look for older entries.
    Last edited by Drakron; 2009-11-12 at 12:06 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Also even if Gobwin Knob (City) does not poop then every turn…
    Please, the city does not poop dwagons or any other unit. It pops them. I think we're at a point where pooping is only relevant when Sizemore needs materials for his golems.

Edit2: fixing links since they will point to the wrong page every time there is a new update (that just happened), if they are screwed up just look for older entries.
    Relevant permalinks are as follows:

Update 35: http://www.erfworld.com/2009/10/summer-updates-035/

Update 45: http://www.erfworld.com/2009/10/summer-updates-045/

21. - Top - End - #51

RedWizardGuy

Well, now Wanda is going to croak a few enemies, get some information, and then strike Jetstone. Only one thing to say:

Lovelly.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

So anyone else think she's dressed as Magenta from Rocky Horror?

23. - Top - End - #53

RedWizardGuy

Flash Mob! Is that Naughthamancy? Anyway, that would do a good wallpaper... "the enemy can see nothing else in this hex" indeed

Edit: Anyway, Avast is indicating a Worm from the adds from BlindFerret.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2009-11-15 at 07:05 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

"Flash casting" ...!

Bwahahahahaha!

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    So anyone else think she's dressed as Magenta from Rocky Horror?
    Magenta, or her memetic ancestor Bride of Frankenstein

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

The haircut is definitely Bride of Frankenstein (borrowed in Rocky Horror as shown here). The outfit looks like the one in the linked image.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Is that Naughthamancy?
    It's a Shockmancy spell, probably. With a bit of foolamancy involved...
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2009-11-16 at 09:23 AM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Also TigerHunter, Stanley abandoned GK (city) during GK turn, the rest of the battle was done on the coalition turn so even if there was a dwagon on GK production it would only poop on GK turn.
    ...no. Please stop pretending to be an authority on all things Erfworld. Additionally, please stop putting an extra 'o' in popping.

Stanley left the city here. On the Coalition's subsequent turn, they did nothing but scout the city (and, presumably, move the column), as evidenced here. We see dawns here and here, one is not shown but we see a change of day from here to here. The city did not fall on the same day Stanley left. In fact, Ansom delaying his assault by a turn was kinda an important plot point.

Edit: And no, they are NOT taking 3 turns to find a dwagon to tame, read the summer update.
    I did. I never said that it takes 3 turns to find a dwagon to tame at present. And it's a bit rich that you're telling me to go read the summer update when your own information is consistently off by a wide margin.
    Last edited by TigerHunter; 2009-11-20 at 11:13 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

...no. Please stop pretending to be an authority on all things Erfworld. Additionally, please stop putting an extra 'o' in popping.

Stanley left the city here. On the Coalition's subsequent turn, they did nothing but scout the city (and, presumably, move the column), as evidenced here. We see dawns here and here, one is not shown but we see a change of day from here to here. The city did not fall on the same day Stanley left. In fact, Ansom delaying his assault by a turn was kinda an important plot point.

I did. I never said that it takes 3 turns to find a dwagon to tame at present. And it's a bit rich that you're telling me to go read the summer update when your own information is consistently off by a wide margin.
    Yay for Tiger's cohesive arguments with many references. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

RedWizardGuy

Well, 12/09/09.

Wanda proposes to decrypt Jack. People in the Erfworld forums focus on her descent into the madness, but i suggest a simpler explanation: She is going to face Jillian, and by croaking Jack she would show Jillian that they would all stay together. Or she is afraid Jack could intervene somehow.

Because, they have a dragon relay sistem, just send Jack to the capital to rest until the next turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"