New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Councilor made a mistake, and I am one semester away from my AA not three...

Yeah, let's say the last councilor there was terrible. This new guy spotted this immediately.

Anyway, this just sped up things (aka my life) a bit it seems. So right now I might be only two years from graduating, or maybe less now that I will try to push things (not sure you really can with the working in classrooms stuff, though).

So I am not really sure what I am asking here, but this just seems like an odd feeling and situation. Plus I am a little PO'd at that councilor.

I keep thinking the phrase "I need to hurry up and find a wifey" for some reason. I think I need to stop surfing the chans a bit. >_>
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Councilor made a mistake, and I am one semester away from my AA not three...

Yeah, Probably would help all things considered.

Both with the inner phrasings of things and the actually finding a mate thing.

So, um, what exactly are you majoring in, then?

And why weren't you able to just check your req's yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Councilor made a mistake, and I am one semester away from my AA not three...

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    And why weren't you able to just check your req's yourself?
    Indeed. In fact, my adviser expects his students to know what they need to take before they meet with him.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

She didn't.

In hindsight I should have, but I figured the person (supposedly) looking at my data on her screen would know.
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ah well.

I'm getting a headache just looking up the general graduation requirements at the nearby university.

http://uocatalog.uoregon.edu/enterin...on#reqbachelor

My old school (which I am still technically enrolled in), had much more clear-cut required courses for graduation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Pika, don't make me give you my Marriage Briefing. I'm warning you, it's unpleasant.
    And the MB ain't too nice, either.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Pika, don't make me give you my Marriage Briefing. I'm warning you, it's unpleasant.
    And the MB ain't too nice, either.
    Now you have me intrigued...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pika... View Post
    She didn't.

In hindsight I should have, but I figured the person (supposedly) looking at my data on her screen would know.
    I've fallen into that trap too. My advisor got switched one year and the new guy said "here's the classes you need to take this year so sign up for these next." I did so and discovered that I had been signed up for a class I had already had the previous semester. I didn't spot it because it was two different instructors and the title of the class was different. Possibly also why he didn't spot it either.

Anyway he said it was basically his mistake for saying "take this one" so I didn't have to retake the class (and by the time I realized that it was the same class it was too late to sign up for any other class, unfortunately) and I got the credit for it anyway. After that I got switched back to my old advisor. I think the one that made the mistake felt bad or something.

Anyway, yeah... best to do your homework on that yourself. The academic advisors and such aren't without the ability to make mistakes.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Three semesters away from an Associate of Arts? Considering that's basically impossible unless you're a freshman, how did he mistake your damn grade level?
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack