New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Pyrian's Pyrotechnic Pyre of Pyrrhic Pyros with Pyrotic Pythics Random Banter #13

On a completely different note, I totally just remembered the most embarrassing (or it would have been if I got embarrassed about things like this) moment ever and I found it abso-friggin'-lutely hilarious, so I thought I'd share. I was in the changing rooms at school, getting changed, and we accidentally got onto the subject of the armed forces in the presence of a couple of guys who are really enthusiastiac about that sort of thing. I made the honest mistake of calling a newly recruited British army-man a "private". Cookie if you can see where this is going. They corrected me, and all was fine. A couple of minutes later, a friend who hadn't been listening to our discussion about the army also called a newly recruited British army-man a "private". I, wanting to show off that I now knew the difference, said, just as one of the rugby coaches walked in...
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The British Army don't have privates."
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

2. - Top - End - #272

Default Re: Pyrian's Pyrotechnic Pyre of Pyrrhic Pyros with Pyrotic Pythics Random Banter #13

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    On a completely different note, I totally just remembered the most embarrassing (or it would have been if I got embarrassed about things like this) moment ever and I found it abso-friggin'-lutely hilarious, so I thought I'd share. I was in the changing rooms at school, getting changed, and we accidentally got onto the subject of the armed forces in the presence of a couple of guys who are really enthusiastiac about that sort of thing. I made the honest mistake of calling a newly recruited British army-man a "private". Cookie if you can see where this is going. They corrected me, and all was fine. A couple of minutes later, a friend who hadn't been listening to our discussion about the army also called a newly recruited British army-man a "private". I, wanting to show off that I now knew the difference, said, just as one of the rugby coaches walked in...
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The British Army don't have privates."
    And how did the rugby coach react to this?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #273

He walked right back out.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's a pretty funny story, although I don't think it's that uncommon to accidentally say something inappropriate. If I had a cookie for every time I said something about balls that could be taken the wrong way during a game of dodgeball, I'd be a much happier man.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

I always tend to walk into rooms and hear the weirdest parts of conversations. especially when going into or walking out of the school band room...
    Like today when I heard some guy scream: "I will eat yo face, dammit!"

So I gave them an odd look and walked in the other direction. People at my High School are strange..

6. - Top - End - #276

Hmmmm, someone just told me that I should spike my hair. This is strange, since I've never done it before, and I think I'd look like a complete idiot with spiked hair, and everyone except for the one person who recommended the spiked hair thinks I'd look terrible with it.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Hmmmm, someone just told me that I should spike my hair. This is strange, since I've never done it before, and I think I'd look like a complete idiot with spiked hair, and everyone except for the one person who recommended the spiked hair thinks I'd look terrible with it.
    I know a lot of people with spiked hair.... Honestly I've always thought that people's hair looks better non-spiked though. Its more natural looking.

but hey, maybe your hair would look good with it. and plus its not like you're cutting your hair, you could just spike it one day to see what it'd look like and then just go back to normal if you dont like it.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, sometimes you get recommendations like that.

When you have feedback from others and some idea of what it'd look like and no real desire yourself to do it, the only reason not to dismiss it after entertaining it long enough to understand what was just said was if the person suggesting it was one's lover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yeah, sometimes you get recommendations like that.

When you have feedback from others and some idea of what it'd look like and no real desire yourself to do it, the only reason not to dismiss it after entertaining it long enough to understand what was just said was if the person suggesting it was one's lover.
    *sigh*

Well if that's the case, how do I proceed from here?
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

10. - Top - End - #280

NecromancerGuy

*sigh*

Well if that's the case, how do I proceed from here?
    Well, first you feel 'em up and then you feel 'em out about what they're getting at.

Who knows, you might be able to use it as leverage to get them to do something tit for tat like.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #281

Well, first you feel 'em up and then you feel 'em out about what they're getting at.

Who knows, you might be able to use it as leverage to get them to do something tit for tat like.
    That is fantastic advice. I shall follow it to the letter.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's pretty easy to unspike hair, so you can try it for a little bit before deciding if you like it. You can also get other people's opinions based on how you actually look, as opposed to their imaginings of how you'd look.

Also, thank god the avatar swapping is over, I was very confused.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

I know that I managed to convince Reinholdt that I was him for awhile. That was fun.

Also, I'm back now. Yay!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zocelot View Post
    Also, thank god the avatar swapping is over, I was very confused.
    You're most welcome, fine RB patron .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, incidentally, all you people who were wishing there was a different character from Sesame Street on Google to celebrate the anniversary?

Go look again. You may be pleasantly surprised.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Hey, incidentally, all you people who were wishing there was a different character from Sesame Street on Google to celebrate the anniversary?

It arbitrarily changes, methinks .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

17. - Top - End - #287

NecromancerGuy

I know that I managed to convince Reinholdt that I was him for awhile. That was fun.

Also, I'm back now. Yay!
    I'd thought he'd just changed his name at first, and then I realized the hair was off. haha.

By the way. I now understand why peanut butter usually has so many ungodly additives and such.

Dear lord is this peanut butter at the bottom of the jar dry and semi-solid.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #288

THOSE TWO GUYS WHO'S NAMES ARE FORGET! HOORAY!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

19. - Top - End - #289

NecromancerGuy

THOSE TWO GUYS WHO'S NAMES ARE FORGET! HOORAY!
    You mean Statler and Waldorf- err... I mean, Rod and Nicky-err... I mean, Bert and Ernie?!
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

You mean Statler and Waldorf- err... I mean, Rod and Nicky-err... I mean, Bert and Ernie?!
    It's odd...I just bought a "Sesame Street" history of book today, and just a week ago, I was watching the Muppets "3D" movie in Disney World.

*Sigh...* Sometimes I really miss Jim Henson...
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

It's odd...I just bought a "Sesame Street" history of book today, and just a week ago, I was watching the Muppets "3D" movie in Disney World.

*Sigh...* Sometimes I really miss Jim Henson...
    The man brought such classics as the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. He also made David Bowie's crotch famous.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    The man brought such classics as the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. He also made David Bowie's crotch famous.
    Uh... not havign Watched any of those, mind explaining that last part?
    trill in da playground

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anatharon View Post
    Uh... not havign Watched any of those, mind explaining that last part?
    1: The Muppet Show was basically a half-hour comedy sketch show that involved Jim Henson's Muppets doing...well, Muppet Stuff. Think of it like Saturday Night Live, only appropriate for younger audiences.

2: Fraggle Rock was a Saturday Morning show by Jim Henson. It involves muppet-sized creatures called Fraggles who live underground and steal vegetables from monstrous beings called the Gorgs, while snacking on the building materials that little 5-inch tall bug-like creatures make. They live in a society based largely on fun and songs and adventure.

Also, catchy songs.

3: Labyrinth (in)famously had David Bowie starring as the villain, with extremely obvious shots of his crotch throughout.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

NecromancerGuy

David Bowie's crotch was a character. Granted, he had no lines because he's a freaking crotch. Though I wouldn't put it past David Bowie's crotch for it to be capable of human speech...

And he was not actually wearing a cod piece.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

David Bowie's crotch was a character. Granted, he had no lines because he's a freaking crotch. Though I wouldn't put it past David Bowie's crotch for it to be capable of human speech...

And he was not actually wearing a cod piece.
    Sadly, the Oscar nomination was snatched up by David Bowie's creepy smile. (Seriously, that guy is creepy as all heck)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Great, now I've got his tight, tight pants in my head again!

...I wish I could get away with wearing pants like that...

But there's, like, a law against it if you're not David Bowie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Someone should make an avatarist review thread.
    ____

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Agreed, CrimAng. Alas, I'm too lazy so you do it .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

I think there's a list of people who make avatars in the Art Thread. Lemme go check. *Poof*

*Poof* Yes. First sticky, even.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122056

Like Mr. Mud, I'm too lazy to start one. I'm saving all my effort up to create my own personal Avatar. Frostire's is great and all, but I feel the need to express myself on the forums with my own identity.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Banned

Serpentine just held such a contest.

Off to learn first aid.