New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Pyrian's Pyrotechnic Pyre of Pyrrhic Pyros with Pyrotic Pythics Random Banter #13

Well, has she just never done so due to circumstance, or would she hate to play the game? If the first, have her play it, or at least show it to her.

If the second, you can probably still show it to her and explain the plot, its epic enough that one doesn't need to play the game to acknowledge that its cool.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pyrian's Pyrotechnic Pyre of Pyrrhic Pyros with Pyrotic Pythics Random Banter #13

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Okay, so far I'm all prepared for cos-playing as Sander Cohen come February. Now, I want to convince my friend (It's a costume thing and she doesn't have a costume yet. I'm a bit early) to dress up as a Spider Splicer and we'd go together.

Problem: She has never played Bioshock, and has never played anything more exciting than The Sims. She is one of my closest friends and I would be ecstatic. How would I go about convincing her?
    ....Ask her if she'll do it?

Is she a horror fan? If she's the easily scared doesn't-like-horror-type, then your not exactly going to "sneak it up" on her. So, show her a picture and ask.
    trill in da playground

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

She's one of a small group of friends I've managed to wrangle into playing games like Half-Life and such (She never actually played, just watched). So I intend to snag her free time over Winter Break and get her to play it herself, on Easy with Vita-chambers with the lights in the room on, of course.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

(I’m working as a cashier at a hardware store. A customer comes to my line wearing a floor-length black trench coat, which he is clutching around himself rather suspiciously.)

Me: “Hello, sir, did you find everything alright today?”

Customer: “Would you like to see my bird?” *suggestively nods down toward his jacket*

Me: “Umm, excuse me?”

Customer: “You know, my bird…

(He opens one side of his trench coat, only to show that he indeed has a large green parrot hidden in his jacket.)

Me: *speechless*

Customer: “What, is green not your color? No worries!”

(The customer opens the other side of his trench coat and reveals another large parrot–this one red.)

Me: *still speechless*

(Found this on notalwaysright.com)
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2009-11-03 at 08:50 PM.
    ____

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

That person is perhaps the greatest person since sliced bread The Fonz.

Probably were Macaws, though.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2009-11-03 at 09:05 PM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I love Not Always Right.

I've planned a number of 'weird out the store folks' plans. Need to go through with them sometime. I think the main thing stopping us is that we'd love to film them but don't have a good way to hide a camera.

Plan 1: Three people, in slightly off but not extremely strange outfits, come into a general store. Buy a small group of things with implications...plus one. For example:
    Lubricant, handcuffs, cucumber...soldering iron.

Plan 2: One person, in clothing slightly torn and bloodied, looking very roughed up (not like they were beaten, but like, for example, they ran through a briar patch). They sprint into the store looking very panicked, grab something like, say, a box of cereal, and, still very panicked, sprint to the front, buy it, and rush out of the store. About five minutes later, two men in suits with earpieces and dark sunglasses walk into the store, and ask if somebody just came by and bought a box of cereal, and which way did they go.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Problem: She has never played Bioshock, and has never played anything more exciting than The Sims. She is one of my closest friends and I would be ecstatic. How would I go about convincing her?
    ...Drug her. Tie her down to a chair, and duct-tape her hands to the controller while the game is turned on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ...Drug her. Tie her down to a chair, and duct-tape her hands to the controller while the game is turned on?
    This is definitely my favorite way of introducing people to video games.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Especially Bioshock, especially with a drug with slight aftereffects to leave them just a little disoriented.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground

I got sucked into Not Always Right for an hour and a half.

As for your friend, I'm in the "explain it to her, and possibly get her to play it" boat. Only try kidnapping her if that fails.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

My favorite method so far has to be drugging, then leaving in a room, chained to an X-Box or PC, then playing a recording on a TV in said room.

"Would you like to play a game?"
    Last edited by Phase; 2009-11-03 at 10:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

My favorite method so far has to be drugging, then leaving in a room, chained to an X-Box or PC, then playing a recording on a TV in said room.

Alternatively, lock said person in a room containing a Nintendo system. Sometimes it's better to start small, then draw the victim to the more intense games.

Also replace recording with GLaDOS's voice. Ellen McLaine make being locked in a room more enjoyable.
    "Welcome to Phase's game playing room. Play this game and you will be able to leave. Also cake and grief counseling will be provided after the end of trial run of the game"
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

She knows Portal. At least some of it. We played.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey, wasn't there the start of some discussion about a thread starting (at the end of the last random banter) relating to an xBox live GitP group?

Did this ever happen?
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Also replace recording with GLaDOS's voice. Ellen McLaine make being locked in a room more enjoyable.
    "Welcome to Phase's game playing room. Play this game and you will be able to leave. Also cake and grief counseling will be provided after the end of trial run of the game"
    Why stop there?
    After she beats the game, set your house on fire.
    Ninjas can't catch you when you're on fire.

Thanks to Specter for the avatar

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Sadist View Post
    Why stop there?
    After she beats the game, set your house on fire.
    why wait till she's finished?

burn it. BURN IT NOW!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground

Win. Epic freaking win.
    Phase, I love you.

In other news, trying out for Wheel of Fortune this weekend. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Dirk Kris; 2009-11-04 at 08:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

If she gets out, she gets to keep the portal g- I mean, controller?
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok i'm on level 414* of TetrisDS, the lines max out at 999 and i currently have a score of 10937864

at what stage would you give up?

*at 10 lines a level this puts me at 4130+ lines
    Spoiler
    Show

The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    Ok i'm on level 414* of TetrisDS, the lines max out at 999 and i currently have a score of 10937864

You can't win at Tetris.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post

A long, long time ago.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    A long, long time ago.
    in a galaxy far away,
    Naboo was under an attack.

And i thought me and Qui-Gon Jinn
    could talk the federation INto
    maybe cutting them a little slack.

anyway, part of me wants to keep going because i think i'll never get this far again. another part is just bored of Tetris.

Lev:446 Score:11751864

Edit:
    In Endless mode, if the player reaches beyond level 20, the cycle of backdrops repeats. The highest visible score in Endless mode is 99,999,999, the highest visible level is 999, and the highest visible number of lines completed is also 999. Once exceeded these displays continue to show these maximum values. A small glitch in the game means that once the score has surpassed the maximum of 99,999,999 it is not saved in the records screen.
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2009-11-04 at 11:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Why On Earth Are You Playing Tetris For So Looooooong
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

My friend (the one I'v occasionally referred to as CKB) once played Tetris to level five hundred on his DS.
    He played it throughout every single lesson so we all tended to just double up our notes because we wanted to see how far he got. He gave up at five hundred because his vision was filled with Tetris blocks moving down and completing lines, and behind them he saw the real world. And had been for the past week.
    Had an impresively high score though. Really. Impressively. High.

ION:
    Just spent the best part of four days unable to leave my darkeend room because of a flippin' migraine. Could hardly read (seven pages in four days!) and looking ata computer screen was agony! Still did my essay though.
    It came upon me far too suddenly otherwise I could have had my hot lemon tea and other strange remedies that worked. Also I wish I could have given myself a proper massage because mine always work on headaches and migraines.
    Please, no innuedno, but I am good at head, neck, and back massages. No training or anything, ust instincts.

I don't even know what brought it on, I'm not especially stress, about three out of ten which is normal; no rich foods, sufficient food and drink; it just happened and then there was pain.
    I missed several lectures, two classes and a tutorial because of it. And I probbaly royally screwed up my essay, which I had to email in, but the professor knows why.
    Fleppin' migraine.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-11-04 at 12:23 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    My friend (the one I'v occasionally referred to as CKB) once played Tetris to level five hundred on his DS.
    He played it throughout every single lesson so we all tended to just double up our notes because we wanted to see how far he got. He gave up at five hundred because his vision was filled with Tetris blocks moving down and completing lines, and behind them he saw the real world. And had been for the past week.
    Had an impresively high score though. Really. Impressively. High.
    L:511 S:13429865

my thumbs hurt and my head does too... i'm glad it has a pause feature!

my old high score was 3mill odd at level 130 odd... i always said that while it was possible for me to beat it it would be unlikely.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Well...after 2 weeks unemployed, finding a job, being told I'd start on Monday, then being told that there was a hang-up and I'd start on Tuesday, then being told that there was another hang-up and maybe I'd start on Tuesday, then being told not Tuesday but rather today, and then being told maybe today, and then finally being told that I'd start tomorrow I'm finally employed again...

I don't think I've been jerked around so much since I tried to walk our hyperactive lab mix when I was 15...

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi everyone! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack! My interwebs are back up!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Woot! I'm in Florda

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Presenting your "Awwwwww" moment of the day.