New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Dark East Coast Guardian Corps of America Innernational

"First off, druglord's not really a good term. He didn't peddle drugs. He peddled super-fattening junk food that was more addictive than crystal meth. There's quite a distinction there. Secondly, I care, I wanna find out the details. So I can congradulate whoever killed the perv."
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Doc Atom

"As much as you might want to congratulate him, its still our solemn duty and all that, to arrest the killer."

OOC: Does no one want to analyze the remains of the metal scorpian? Preferably someone who invested more ranks in Knowledge Tech than Doc Atom's lousy 1 point.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

"Doc, I'm being sarcastic."
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

green Hound is currently not at the HQ, the good officer sometime has to be present to his day job to justify his presence on the BCPd payroll.
    On the other hand since he has been pretty much stucked on desk duty today and since usualy nobody ever repport anything interersting to the police in this part of town, that leave him plenty of time to keep informed by reading the papers.

Currently he' s having a hard time believing what he just readed. Fifteen murders in one night ? A foreign army on USA soil ? A ball of yarn ?!
    One has to wonder what the world is comming to.

Seriously, that Rhode isalnd buisness sound serious and these dead dealers arouse his professional curriosity, so he rereads carrefully the relevant articles
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-12-10 at 04:52 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    I want to see if everyone else is still playing before I move on with more exposition.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

For the past few hours, an unknown army in black uniforms wearing gas masks has been stationed in Rhode Island. Reports indicate the soldiers aren't doing anything in particular, just waiting around for something to happen.

Fifteen corpses belonging to drug dealers were found in a dumpster last night in Big City. The police's official stance is that they were all shot to death and then shoved into the dumpster.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

During his service James will try to learn more about this mass murder and the officious position of the police on that, by talking with his fellow officiers.

((If a roll is necescary Gather infos: (1d20+10)[29]))
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-12-22 at 03:54 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Fifteen corpses belonging to drug dealers were found in a dumpster last night in Big City. The police's official stance is that they were all shot to death and then shoved into the dumpster.

The lack of drag marks indicates the criminals were in the alley and shot, then shoved in the dumpster. This indicates that all the criminals were shot at the same time, in the same place. No drugs, drug paraphernalia, or cash was stolen from any of the dead drug dealers.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Gravatar paces back and forth in the headquarters. She was trying her best not to look worried, but now there was a definite problem. Sugar Daddy was dead. And likely his formula with him. She didn't think for a minute his goons or his girls were smart enough to replicate it and start producing it again. More likely they'd grab whatever supplies were left and gorge on them until they were like she'd been when she left his mansion, and then start crying because there was no more.

She knew she shouldn't be feeling this way. The guy was a sicko. A pervert who'd locked her up and stuffed her with his confections until she was immobile. And yet...she needed him. She needed his stuff. During her imprisonment she'd become more powerful than ever...but now she'd lost all that power. But no...it was more than that. When she was Sugar Daddy's prisoner, he'd idolized her. He made her feel like she was the most beautiful woman on the planet, even if the majority of the world thought she was weird-looking. She'd stopped thinking about her power, and seeing her body as nothing more than a necessity. She wanted to be big. And with Sugar Daddy dead...she might never be big again.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

"Why are you pacing? You know we have a gym, right?"

"And could someone go handle that bread truck in Algonquin? I know at least one of you has super-strength."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2010-01-12 at 05:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh...I'm was just thinking. I'll go to Algonquin. Should I travel by air or goth girl portal?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

"They'd appreciate it if you called them by name."

"BETH!"

A portal opens over to Algonquin.

Overturned Bread Truck on a major road

There are dozens of irate drivers honking to get the other drivers to stop honking.

The truck has rolled onto its side and is blocking three of the lanes. Hundreds upon hundreds of birds are inside the truck, eating as much bread as they can before flying away. As they fly away, they crap on the honking motorists. The cars closest to the truck have turned completely white.

OOC:
    Roll a strength check.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2010-01-12 at 07:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

((Can't I use my gravity powers to lift the thing?))

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Then make a strength check using your gravity powers.

Anyone remember what the modifier is?

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mod for what, exactly? Her gravity powers? I'm pretty sure she can lift anything up to her maximum load (carrying capacity chart, P. 36) without making a check unless there's something actively trying to stop her. Her gravity rank is in place of her strength score for this.

Also, I'm still here. Will be posting soon-ish.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2010-01-12 at 09:59 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Then what's her maximum load? I'm not sure where her sheet is at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

OOc

Here. (that the updated pl 11 one)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-01-12 at 09:45 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    A truck is over 40 tons. Gravatar's capacity is about 26 tons. Gravatar can't lift it.

How is she going to handle it?
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2010-01-12 at 09:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her effective strength is 55 if she concentrates, which means a max load of 48 tons.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Gravatar lifts the truck back onto its wheels. Now she just has to wait for the truck driver to return.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Fifteen.
    If it had been two or three victims, James would have mentaly filed that as "probably a score settled and who cares what happens to drug dealers anyway" and wouldn't have bothered with it.
    But fifteen in one spot at the same time make for a pretty sarry thing, so it's worth checking out if even just to know who or what is capable of such a thing.

So James thinks he'll check the scene this late evening, way after his shift, by then the forensic crew should be done with it. he'll probably pass by the ECG HQ to learn more about that whole thing on Rhode island is evolving. (Seing as a foreign army on american soil is pretty serious buisness it seems logical to assume that the superhero community will get involved in it at somme point.)

but right now he is very busy dealing with taking depositions. In comparaison, being shot at by ganster and bitten by velociraptors seems almost pleasant, that may go a long way on explaining why he is a superhero in the first place.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-01-14 at 09:56 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Gravatar stands around, waiting for the truck's driver. If any of the other drivers want to approach her, now's the time.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Wherever Green Hound is

The cops are still inspecting the area. It's pretty disgusting, but the police can't figure out any more by simply inspecting the scene. Good old fashioned detective work is necessary.

Truck

The driver shows back up and the angry motorists are honking at Gravatar to get out of the road. A few minutes later, traffic resumes as normal.

HQ

Cross is playing beer pong with Beth, one of the goth girls. Both are losing.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Gravatar waits for her ride back to headquarters.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Truck

A sad and sober goth girl picks up Gravatar, then returns to her game.

HQ

"The higher-ups are telling me that we can't do anything to those *******s in Rhode Island until we get some physical evidence. They're unarmed and all they're doing is hanging out at the Hilton. But those crazed tabloid news channels aren't going to let up until they're out of there."

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Gravatar decides to check the news online. She had a bit of downtime, and wanted to know what was going on with the shooting.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

The online news is the same as the network news. The conservative websites are panicking over the Rhode Island situation, the celebrity sites are laughing at Star Power again, the liberal websites are panicking over the Superpowered Schools situation, and the moderate websites are panicking over what's going on in New Yemen.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Gravatar becomes frustrated, and then her stomach gurgles. She gets up and starts raiding the fridge. She needed something, anything, to keep her mind off Sugar Daddy.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:

Green Hound is currently at the guardian HQ, he'll go to the crime scene later. Since I said was waiting for the end of his shift and eventual over time (means 8 hours minimum) it should be mid afternoon to early evening, depending when he started this shift and how long it took, i'm leaving free hand to the dm as for the exact time.

Just felt like precising in order to keep a more or less stable timeline in case he has interaction with another PC.

Green Hound

"But do we have any idea why the hell are they here in the first place ? I heard something about tajir leader and a volcano lair." Green Hound asks Cross on the subject of the Rhode situation
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2010-01-19 at 04:45 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

"The guy in charge of that army used to have a sort of underwater geothermal base in the spot Maui used to be. The media kept calling it a secret volcano lair, so we just let them run with it."

OOC:
    Anyone there, or is this game dead?
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2010-01-22 at 03:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.