The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Druid//Incarnum Gestalt

So, for one of the neverending dungeon crawl threads, I've decided to do a Druid//Incarnum of some kind, using the shapeshift variant. Now, I've made a couple Incarnates, and the Soulborn is just crud, but I've never really looked hard at the Totemist, and I was wondering how it would interact with a Druid? Suggestions on which would be best? Opinions on soulmelds? Possible Multiclasses to consider?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Druid//Incarnum Gestalt

Totem Rager on the Incarnum side?
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I'm back to working on converting Red Hand of Doom to 5e.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm.

I know that totemist // wildshape druid is pretty much insane, because you could stack the totemist's tons of natural weapons on top of wild shape's strength boosts for massive damage. Shapeshift variant makes this less crazy.

You could still pull off a crazy nat. attack build, if you combine good totem binds with druid buffs.

I'm sure Sinfire Titan will have something to add, Octavian. (haHA, spotted your reference!)

Edit: Girallon Arms is my favorite totemist soulmeld. SO COOL.
    Last edited by Dracomorph; 2009-11-09 at 12:54 AM.
    Slaanesh wants you to click this.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Sphinx Claws give you pounce with natural weapons. Use them.

Also: The Pauper of Smack. Not quite feasible with shapeshift, but I'm sure you can see the basics.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats, your the first to do so. Or, at least, the first to do so and mention it.

In any case, It's more because we're starting at level 1: sure, a Druid is better, especially at higher levels, but it's a bit harder at lower levels, plus there's the fact this is essentially an endurance run, in which shapeshift shines.

You know, depeding on how this works, It really might not be worth it to go all the way with druid. Yes, yes, I know, don't give up caster levels. But the Druid list has never really impressed me as the best list out there(don't get me wrong, it's good, just not on the level of Wizard or Sorcerer), and from what I remember most of the buffs are lower level. What about stoping my Druid progression after 10 levels or so? That gives me full progression up to Ferocious slayer form, and Level 5 spells. I can fill out the rest of the levels with something else.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Warshaper? If you want to gimp your Druid's spellcasting slightly to PrC to something else exciting, that's my recommendation.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I'm back to working on converting Red Hand of Doom to 5e.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Congrats, your the first to do so. Or, at least, the first to do so and mention it.

In any case, It's more because we're starting at level 1: sure, a Druid is better, especially at higher levels, but it's a bit harder at lower levels, plus there's the fact this is essentially an endurance run, in which shapeshift shines.

You know, depeding on how this works, It really might not be worth it to go all the way with druid. Yes, yes, I know, don't give up caster levels. But the Druid list has never really impressed me as the best list out there(don't get me wrong, it's good, just not on the level of Wizard or Sorcerer), and from what I remember most of the buffs are lower level. What about stoping my Druid progression after 10 levels or so? That gives me full progression up to Ferocious slayer form, and Level 5 spells. I can fill out the rest of the levels with something else.
    Perfectly feasible. Maybe Barbarian? Or Stoneblessed Guardian if you can get your DM to ignore the (silly) racial requirements.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Stonespeaker Guardian only really works with wildshape, and I think either Warshaper or Nature's Warrior would work better, assuming that shapeshift works for them. well, off to ask the DM.
    Satomi by Elagune

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

You could also try for a Wildshape Ranger, and see if you can get Shapeshift for him as well.

You lose the druid spells, but get full BAB.

Recently resurrected. Sorry for bailing on you guys.

"Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"
    Awesome OOTSatar by Crimmy, masterfully done.