New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [GURPS 4e] Banestorm fantasy game (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by yufra View Post
    Any DX rolls to maintain footing when backing up the hill?
    Nope. TBH, I hadn't considered that. But hey, you're only half on the slope. And besides, you're a quadruped

I might apply such a ruling to any bipeds, though (so the others can thank you for that).

As for the other details of the slope: The actual movement cost doesn't apply to Steps, of course. And although the skill penalty for defending might apply, I don't think that it should on the turn that you are doing the Retreating. And actually, now that I think about it, Muelennah should probably suffer a lesser skill penalty for only being half on the slope - let's say -1/-0 to attack/defend while half of him is on the hill.

---

Third turn - Hobgoblin 5

Scrabbling up the slope after the centaur, the last hobgoblin swings a hurried blow which does minor damage to the adjacent bush, but nothing more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move and Attack manoeuvre
    forward-left, forward-right (+1 move)
    swing at torso (-4 for M&A, -2 for uneven ground, max skill 9)
    *clatter*
    fail

---

Map updated.

---

OOC: Next up is Eniarch.

---
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GURPS 4e Banestorm fantasy game: recruitment thread | OOC thread | IC thread | mock combat threads I & II
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

So rash. Well, perhaps now is as good a time as any to demonstrate that a 'trick of the light' need not be a harmless illusion.

As Cedric charges forward, the young Megalan wizard drops his bag, and immediately begins a set of complex and involved ritual motions while speaking in a chopped and stilted tongue. A light momentarily glimmers within his fingers, but it quickly flickers and vanishes into insubstantiality as he fails to properly draw upon the magic of the surrounding area.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentrate action, casting the Sunbolt spell. Skill of 15, modified by -5 for low mana, for an adjusted skill of 10. He's spending one FP to create the bolt. If the spellcast comes off, I'll update the post to show it doing so, if not, elsewise.

Apologies in advance, UP, if there are any modifiers I am forgetting.

(3d6)[11]

Edit: And we fail. By one. Still want my magic on your dice, Hades?

Current FP now at 10, UP.
    Last edited by NamelessArchon; 2010-04-04 at 09:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Orc in the Playground

Third turn - Franciszek

Like his fellow megalan, Franciszek also stops walking and begins casting a spell. Mumbling arcane words while gesturing with his fingers, there is a crackle of electricity across his hand, then nothing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentrate manoeuvre, casting the Lightning spell - 1 FP
    *clatter*
    and failure (a 16! - ouch, that was close)

---

Map unchanged.

---

OOC: next up is Muelennah
    GURPS 4e Banestorm fantasy game: recruitment thread | OOC thread | IC thread | mock combat threads I & II

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

At the sounds of Anglish, Muelennah take a quick glance over his shoulder. Who... doesn't matter, they have the hobgoblins distracted. "Help the little one!" So saying, Muelennah faces the hobgoblin to his left and hold his spear firmly across his body.

Spoiler
    Show

AoD (double), backward step, face forward right.

My plan is to roll dodge defense first, and if it fails roll a parry defense. I think that gives me the best chance at fending off multiple attacks this round. All defenses at -1. Hooray!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Cedric is up next, then the Hobgoblin Leader.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cedric reaches down to ready his buckler. Hearing Ementha call out, he stops himself as he begins to step forward, and looks over his shoulder questioningly as he grips his buckler in hand.
    Last edited by Devereux; 2010-04-05 at 12:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Orc in the Playground

Fourth turn - Hobgoblin Leader

With another guttural shout, the leader charges forward and brings one of his axes down, inches from Muelennah's hoof.

Spoiler
    Show
    forward, fwd, fwd-left, fwd
    swing at Muelennah's left foreleg (-4 for M&A, -0 for leg (height difference), +1 for SM)
    *clatter*
    failure

---

Map updated.

---

OOC: Jorik next, then Rann.

---

8. - Top - End - #458
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jorik at last snaps out of his state of surprise, but is unable to do much more than lie in the road for the moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for recovery from partial surprise:
    IQ (11+3, effective 14): (3d6)[11]

Edit: finally!

---
    OOC: Rann is up next, then the Hobgoblins, I believe. (shamelessly stealing UP's format. Edit edit: no defenses expected from anyone or anything like that, of course.)
    ---
    Last edited by Hades; 2010-04-05 at 12:56 PM.
    And in fleeing one passed too near me and I cut off his head to teach him some manners.
    -Kosru Malik, The Road of Azrael, Robert E. Howard.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

Fourth turn - Rann

"Keep him busy!" hisses Rann to Cedric, as he begins hurriedly untying his bow from the horse.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready manoeuvre
    untying the bow will take 1d Ready manoeuvres
    *clatter*

---

Fourth turn - Hobgoblin 2

With what sounds almost like a laugh, the hobgoblin sizes Cedric up as he steps forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Evaluate manoeuvre
    step forward

---

Fourth turn - Hobgoblin 3

The wounded hobgoblin stands upright.

Spoiler
    Show
    Change Posture manoeuvre
    from Kneeling to Standing

---

Fourth turn - Hobgoblin 4

Rushing round the tree, the hobgoblin pushes through the bush to attack Muelennah from behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    forward-right, fwd-right, fwd-left, fwd-left (+1 move cost for bush)
    swing at Muelennah's right hind leg (-4 for M&A, -0 for leg (height difference), +1 for SM, max skill 9)
    *clatter*
    success
    *clatter*
    potential 5 points crushing damage

Now this is an attack from behind that Muelennah probably can't see, but he would have likely spotted the start of the hobgoblin's dash and also heard the bush behind, so let's call it a "runaround" attack.

---

Map updated.

---

OOC: Hobgoblin 5 next, after Muelennah's defence.

---

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Muelennah hears crashing in the bushes to his rear, and charges forward away from the sound.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hehe, these hobgoblins have it in for me. Isn't hobgoblin 4 on the same level as Muelennah's back legs? The hill cuts through both of those hexes (weak argument)... if the extra -2 wouldn't make a difference in the Move and Attack then it is a moot point. I would just like to have my leg intact is all. Oh, and maybe the hobgoblin gets -2 for the hill? (hehe, reading back over this I seem to have caught onto GM wheedling quite well)

I think my best bet is a retreating dodge... unfortunately that would push me into the same hex as hobgoblin 5. Would you count that as a multi-hex slam for hobgoblin 5? And with the run-around, I take it no parry coming from the AoD (double) would be allowed, even if I changed my facing during the retreat.

Retreating dodge, forward.
    Dodge (8-2side-1hill+3retreat, effective 8): (3d6)[7]

Body slam
    Velocity: 1
    Max HP: 18
    Damage: (1d6-3)[2]

edit: wow... apparently the dice love me!
    Last edited by yufra; 2010-04-07 at 01:06 PM. Reason: fixing AoA to AoD typo

11. - Top - End - #461
    Orc in the Playground

Having nowhere else to retreat to, Muelennah throws himself into the bushes, thankfully doing so just quickly enough to avoid the unseen attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hehe, these hobgoblins have it in for me. Isn't hobgoblin 4 on the same level as Muelennah's back legs? The hill cuts through both of those hexes (weak argument)... if the extra -2 wouldn't make a difference in the Move and Attack then it is a moot point. I would just like to have my leg intact is all. Oh, and maybe the hobgoblin gets -2 for the hill? (hehe, reading back over this I seem to have caught onto GM wheedling quite well)
    Don't confuse the penalty for bad footing (uneven ground) of the slope (-2 attack/-1 defence), with the effects of the slope itself on ground height. In the case of the former, the hobgoblin is not standing on the slope, so the bad footing does not apply. In the case of the latter, as 3/4 of Muelennah's 2 hexes are "hill", I considered that enough for the heigh difference to apply.

Maybe you disagree with my interpretation, but anyway your defence roll succeeded.

I think my best bet is a retreating dodge... unfortunately that would push me into the same hex as hobgoblin 5. Would you count that as a multi-hex slam for hobgoblin 5?
    Now here it seems you are blatantly trying it on. I think that it's not reasonable to slam someone for "free" while defending. TBH, at first I thought that this might have to come down to GM fiat, but in fact the rules seem to support my gut instinct on this. The wording of the rule that you are attempting to invoke here (Slam and Overrun, p.B392) specifically says "moves through", as opposed to "moves into the same hex as" or "moves into close combat with". Indeed, the very rule itself is called "Slam and Overrun".

However, all of that is somewhat of a moot point, as on p.B391 the paragraph on Retreating says "You cannot retreat into an occupied hex."

And with the run-around, I take it no parry coming from the AoA (double) would be allowed, even if I changed my facing during the retreat.
    Retreating let's you make a one hex facing change, so that might help here. There is the matter of size and reach, though - a spear or staff might be able to parry behind a human (with difficulty), but a centaur holding such a weapon would believably find it impossible to reach back and interpose it between their rear end and the incoming attack. I think that if you are able to change facing during the retreat such that the attacker is now in a "side" hex, then I would rule that Muelennah could parry that attack at an additional -2. This is equivalent to the anatomical penalty that a humanoid with Peripheral Vision suffers when parrying someone directly behind them. Under those conditions, I would allow it.

---

So then, in conclusion:

There can be no slam.

For the parry to stand as rolled, Muelennah must have Retreated. The only valid move for the retreat is to sidestep fwd-right. This takes him into the bush, but is unavoidable if he is not to be hit. So, I have updated his location accordingly on the map.

If you wish, you may change his facing one hex-side either way. Once you have decided on that, I will proceed with Hobgoblin 5 accordingly.

---

Map updated as explained.

---

OOC: Hobgoblin 5 still to go, pending confirmation from yufra as explained in spoiler.

---

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

@UP
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Unwitting Pawn View Post
    Now here it seems you are blatantly trying it on. I think that it's not reasonable to slam someone for "free" while defending. TBH, at first I thought that this might have to come down to GM fiat, but in fact the rules seem to support my gut instinct on this. The wording of the rule that you are attempting to invoke here (Slam and Overrun, p.B392) specifically says "moves through", as opposed to "moves into the same hex as" or "moves into close combat with". Indeed, the very rule itself is called "Slam and Overrun".

However, all of that is somewhat of a moot point, as on p.B391 the paragraph on Retreating says "You cannot retreat into an occupied hex."
    I will try to refrain myself good sir, but if I am unable to you seem more than capable of putting me in my place (both literally, see map update, and figuratively). Your ruling on the AoD (double) parry is also noted.

The crashing into the bush is fine, and I changed the facing to point towards the next enemy, hobgoblin 5. This puts Muelennah's rear off the map, though, and if your rule this illegal I understand. The defense was a retreating dodge, though, so there should be no cumulative parry penalty for the inevitable next attack. I looked back into the terrain spoiler earlier and didn't see any attack/defense modifiers for being in the bush. Any revisions there? It won't affect my decision etc, just curious for the future.

Map updated as explained.

OOC: Hobgoblin 5 ready to go!
    Last edited by yufra; 2010-04-07 at 01:06 PM. Reason: fixing AoA to AoD typo

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Your ruling on the AoA (double) parry is also noted.
    That's twice that you've said AoA when I think you meant AoD, so I'm assuming that you've just made the same typo twice. However, as All-out Attack (Double) is also a valid manoeuvre, there could be room for real confusion in some instances.

The crashing into the bush is fine, and I changed the facing to point towards the next enemy, hobgoblin 5. This puts Muelennah's rear off the map, though, and if your rule this illegal I understand.
    That's cool - I anticipated that you might want to move there. We'll consider the partial hex to be a full one. After all, the bush and hill still "exist" beyond the edge of the paper. My map just had a physical limit, unfortunately.

I looked back into the terrain spoiler earlier and didn't see any attack/defense modifiers for being in the bush. Any revisions there? It won't affect my decision etc, just curious for the future.
    No modifiers to your attack/defence for the small bushes - they just affect movement speed. The properties of the hill slope itself still apply, of course.

Actually, now that I think about it, the bush could give some protection to your lower body in melee. Let's say -2 to hit Muelennah's feet/legs - this will cancel out the +2 to hit from the height difference, which seems about right.

---

Fourth turn - Hobgoblin 5

With a concerted effort, the hobgoblin swings upwards at the centaur, but his footing slips slightly and the off-balance attempt is easy for Muelennah to deflect.

Spoiler
    Show
    All-out Attack (determined) manoeuvre
    no movement change
    swing at Muelennah's torso (+4 for determined, -2 for uneven ground)
    *clatter*
    fail (damned slope! )

---

Map unchanged.

---

OOC: Ementha is next.

---

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ementhas arms swing in wide arcs as her voice calls out loudly a series of mystical words. As her spell reaches it's completion, she reaches out with her staff, prodding Cedric forward. Her face pales as she feels the strength drain from her limbs, she channels that energy through her staff and into Cedric's muscles.

Spoiler
    Show

Finishing the Might spell. Let me know if you've decided you want me to reroll or anything.

---
    OOC: I believe Eniarch is next.
    ---
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2010-04-07 at 09:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Eniarch grips his staff in two hands and takes a step forward to keep pace behind Cedric. Perhaps a flank...

Map updated.

OOC: Next is Mr. Crabby! (Franciszek)
    Last edited by NamelessArchon; 2010-04-08 at 07:25 AM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

As Ementha successfully channels the arcane energy into her companion, Cedric feels the rush of his muscles swelling with power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by dariathalon View Post
    Let me know if you've decided you want me to reroll or anything.
    No, you're good.

That said, it would be useful to summarise the effects of a spell when you've successfully cast it. Especially when that spell isn't in the Basic Set and the other player(s) might not have access to it (I don't believe that Dev has Magic).

So, for Devereux's benefit:
    The +2 ST increase from the Might spell affects damage, encumbrance and hit points temporarily. So with ST of 15 this means an extra +1 to thrust and +2 to swing damage, 15 HP and a Basic Lift of 45 (for that last one, I don't think is enough to drop you below Light Encumbrance, but you might want to double-check).

---

Fourth turn - Franciszek

Mumbling angrily, Franciszek attempts again to marshal the weaker energies of low-mana Caithness, and his fingers begin to spark.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentrate manoeuvre, begin casting 2pt Lightning spell
    skill roll to be made end of second turn EDIT: should only take one concentrate manoeuvre with Magery 2+, as both NA and yufra have spotted - my bad!

---

Map unchanged.

---

OOC: Muelennah is next.
    Last edited by Unwitting Pawn; 2010-04-10 at 06:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

Muelennah sees Jorik still lying on the ground, and fear briefly clouds his face. He then shifts his focus back to the hobgoblins around him and shouts to the newcomers, "I'll try to turn their backs to you." So saying, he steps behind one of the hobgoblins and his spear leaps forward.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack maneuver, sidestep forward right, face forward left. I am not sure if the movement is legal... does it have to be step forward left (with the automatic face change) and then face forward left? The first (and preferred) puts Muelennah directly facing hobgoblin 5, with his rear hex less exposed to the others.

Spear (13-2hill, effective 11): (3d6)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[10]

Defense should be at -1hill, -2 side attack... an no parry since he is right-handed? Or is he a sneaky left-handed hobgoblin?

edit: *sigh* no matter, my rolls have to balance out eventually

OOC: Cedric up next.
    Last edited by yufra; 2010-04-08 at 01:30 PM. Reason: adding cedric

18. - Top - End - #468
    Orc in the Playground

Muelennah's attempt to attack the hobgoblin's unprotected side fails as the spear is easily avoided.

Spoiler
    Show
    The above fluff isn't really necessary, of course. I just dislike having OOC-only posts in the IC thread.

Attack maneuver, sidestep forward right, face forward left. I am not sure if the movement is legal... does it have to be step forward left (with the automatic face change) and then face forward left? The first (and preferred) puts Muelennah directly facing hobgoblin 5, with his rear hex less exposed to the others.
    Yeah, your first choice is legal. It certainly seems like a big "step", but that's the nature of how multi-hex creatures move on the grid. My understanding of the RAW is that what you wanted to do is fine.

And yes, the hobgoblin is right-handed.

---

OOC: Cedric up next.

---

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cedric's questioning glance to Ementha quickly transforms as her words end, and her staff makes contact with his body. Understanding flows into his mind as he feels his body strengthen.

A flutter of concern for Ementha's drained appearance belies his determined features. He steps forward towards the Hobgoblin bandit with a frown, swings his sword wide and around at him, and then at the last moment changes his approach in a deceitful attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cedric is performing an All-Out-Attack, Feint manuever.

Feint (Sword skill = 15) (3d6)[11]
    Attack (Sword skill = 15) (3d6)[13]

I hope I did that correctly. I dont believe I have any attack modifiers at the moment.

---
    OOC: Next up, Hob Leader
    ---

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

The hobgoblin is partly suckered by the feint, leaving himself vulnerable as a result. He backs away, but a fraction too late.

Spoiler
    Show
    feint quick contest
    *clatter*
    success, but by less than Cedric

retreating dodge (+3 for retreat, -3 for feint result)
    *clatter*
    fails by one

Cedric's damage roll next - I will edit the fluff above once the result is known
    swing (as suggested by the nerd) - [roll]2d6+1[roll]

EDIT: blast I got that wrong!
    Last edited by Unwitting Pawn; 2010-04-09 at 06:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Orc in the Playground

The blow lands badly for the retreating hobgoblin. Cedric's blade hits the stomach where it is unprotected by leather armour, and the slash bites deep.

Staggering backwards, the hobgoblin is somehow still standing, but the road will soon be covered in his blood.

Spoiler
    Show
    damage roll second attempt
    (2d6+1)[11]

EDIT: Ouch - that's a biggie!
    ...fluff update coming shortly

FURTHER EDIT: *clatter*
    the hobgoblin passes his knockdown/stunning save, but will of course still be at -4 next turn due to shock

---

Fifth turn - Hobgoblin Leader

Stepping backwards, the leader prepares to throw an axe at Muelennah.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aim manoeuvre
    step back, no facing change

---

Map updated.

---

OOC: Jorik is next.

---
    Last edited by Unwitting Pawn; 2010-04-09 at 06:38 PM. Reason: wound result and Leader's turn

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jorik rises to his knees.

Spoiler
    Show
    Change Posture maneuver, Prone to Kneeling. No movement allowed, and thus no facing change either. Have updated myself to Kneeling.

---
    OOC: Rann is next.
    ---
    Last edited by Hades; 2010-04-09 at 06:53 PM.
    And in fleeing one passed too near me and I cut off his head to teach him some manners.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Orc in the Playground

Fifth turn - Rann

Rann is relieved to find the bow tugging loose easily. Turning to follow Cedric, he is already reaching for an arrow as he does so.

Spoiler
    Show
    that 1d ready manoeuvres turned out to be a 1! So...

Ready manoeuvre
    loading an arrow takes 2 Ready manoeuvres (w/o fast draw)

---

Map updated.

---

@Hades
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Change Posture maneuver, Prone to Kneeling. No movement allowed, and thus no facing change either.
    Actually, a step might not be allowed, but I still think that facing is important. You still need to have a front and back determined for purposes of combat, after all.

If I remember, Jorik was originally facing "north" when he dived to the ground. Therefore I think that he should be able to face either "north", "north-west" or "north-east" as he picks himself up. Could you edit the map with your choice, please?

I'll proceed with the hobgoblins after that

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

Fifth turn - Hobgoblin 2

Grabbing at his stomach wound, the hobgoblin falls over backwards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Consciousness save for HP < 1
    *clatter*
    fail

---

Fifth turn - Hobgoblin 3

Now back on his feet, the wounded hobgoblin lets out a shout as he staggers forward and tries to put Jorik back on the floor with his mace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack manoeuvre
    swing at torso
    *clatter*
    success
    *clatter*
    potential 6 points of crushing dmg

Jorik defends at -2 while kneeling, of course

---

Map updated.

---

OOC: Hobgoblin 4 next, after Jorik's defence.

---
    Last edited by Unwitting Pawn; 2010-04-10 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typo

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jorik is taken off-guard by the Hobgoblin's mace as it slams into his torso. He lets out a brief cry of pain, and falls back to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Dodge (7-2, effective 5): (3d6)[15].

Ouch. I'm assuming I take 6-2(DR)=4 damage, which should not be a Major Wound. I guess I should have stayed on the ground, at least I could have retreated that way.

Edit: Actually, I believe that's a critical failure (10 greater than effective skill?)

Edit edit: finally found it, I was looking for critical failure, it's under critical miss: B382: "If you critically miss a dodge, you lose your footing and fall prone (no effect if already prone)". Back down in the dirt I go. Updated map back to Prone.
    Last edited by Hades; 2010-04-09 at 09:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

@Hades
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Edit: Actually, I believe that's a critical failure (10 greater than effective skill?)

Edit edit: finally found it, I was looking for critical failure, it's under critical miss: B382: "If you critically miss a dodge, you lose your footing and fall prone (no effect if already prone)". Back down in the dirt I go. Updated map back to Prone.
    Thanks for spotting that and updating accordingly.

---

Fifth turn - Hobgoblin 4

Pursuing the retreating centaur, the hobgoblin rushes up the hill and through the bush after Muelennah. His swing misses wildly.

Spoiler
    Show
    forward, fwd-left (+1 move) fwd (+1 move)
    swing at torso (-2 for uneven ground, -4 for M&A, max 9)
    *clatter*
    not surprisingly, a fail

---

Fifth turn - Hobgoblin 5

Spinning to face his opponent, the hobgoblin brings his heavy club around. By pure chance, the head strikes Muellennah's spear and the shock impact unbalances the hobgoblin's grip on his weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack manoeuvre
    turn left x2
    swing at torso (-2 for uneven ground)
    *clatter*
    critical failure!
    *clatter*
    weapon requires a Ready manoeuvre before it can be used again

---

Map updated.

---

OOC: Ementha is next

---
    Last edited by Unwitting Pawn; 2010-04-10 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ementha shrieks as Cedric's blow lands on the hobgoblin's midsection. She blinks her eyes hard, as if double checking that her eyes have not decieved her. Then, she moves forward.

Spoiler
    Show

Move 3 forward. I've tried to update the map, but it doesn't seem to want to save. I think I finally got it to work though.

---
    OOC: Eniarch is up next
    ---

28. - Top - End - #478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

As the hobgoblin collapses and its blood begins to pool warmly in the road, Eniarch again attempts to summon the mystical power to cast a spell, but his ability falls short once more. The light flickers from between his fingers for a moment, before motes flit away from his hands like moths set ablaze in a fire and vanish in the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentrate, spellcast of Sunbolt, 1FP.

Skill 15, adjusted by -5 for low mana, final skill level 10.

(3d6)[15]
    Edit: FP now set to 9 after second failed spellcast.

OOC: Franciszek is next!
    Last edited by NamelessArchon; 2010-04-10 at 05:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

Fifth turn - Franciszek

With his staff in his right hand, and electricity crackling in his left, Franciszek rushes forward to join Ementha and Cedric.

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, as both NA and yufra noticed (thanks guys), it should only take Franciszek a single concentrate manoeuvre to cast the spell. So, another second of concentration is not required, and the skill roll should've been made last turn.
    *clatter*
    9! So as the spell was a success, he is free to act straight away...

Move manoeuvre (Lightning spell is being "held")
    forward, fwd, fwd, fwd-left, turn fwd-right

---

Map updated.

---

OOC: Muelennah is next

---

30. - Top - End - #480
    Dwarf in the Playground

Muelennah steps backwards out of the bush, eying his foes carefully. Every muscle in his body tenses, ready to defend against the inevitable onslaught.

Spoiler
    Show

AoD (dodge) and step backward-right. I opted for the step because it may help keep me out of range of one of the hobgoblins.

---

Map updated.

---

OOC: Cedric up next