New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Epic Mindscourge

And it's up! The long awaited (for me at least) epic mindscourge. I based the feats off the "Epic Insights" warlock options available on the WotC website. If you like warlocks check it out. SRSLY

If there is an epic psionic items supplement/homebrew available (particularly with epic psionic item creation feats), I'd appreciate a link. The epic warlock has a wide variety of item creation feats on it's bonus feat list, and the mindscourge deserves the psionic equivalent. I'd prefer to focus on what I've already started, as opposed making the epic conversion on my own.

Don't worry. I will be adding many more epic mindscourge feats (a la Dark Transient, Morpheme Savant, and the like), once I make more anomalies. I'm thinking of making one for each school of psionics.

For example, the teleportation-themed feat will be similar to the Dark Transient epic warlock feat (If you aren't familiar with this, see the above link. I'm not kidding, it's awesome). I'd also like to make a telekinesis-based feat that enables the mindscourge to use the telekinetic manipulation anomaly as naturally and effortlessly as her own hands. Any other ideas?

Epic Mindscourge:
    An epic mindscourge is an entity of vast supernatural power, her body little more than a vessel for devastating and virtually inexhaustible psychic energy.
    Hit Dice: d6
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier

Anomalies: The epic mindscourge’s manifester level is equal to his class level. She does not learn additional anomalies.
    Psychokinetic Lash: An epic mindscourge's psychokinetic lash damage increases by 1d6 at every odd-numbered level higher than 20th (11d6 at 21st, 12d6 at 23rd, and so on).

Deflection Bonus: The mindscourge's deflection bonus to AC increases by 1 point (to +6) at 23rd level and by 1 additional point for every four levels thereafter (+7 at 27th, +8 at 31st, and so on).

Bonus Feats: The epic mindscourge gains a bonus feat every three levels higher than 20th (23rd, 26th, 29th, and so on). Bonus feats must be chosen from the following list. The mindscourge does not need to meet the feat’s prerequisites unless noted.

Epic Mindscourge Bonus Feats: Additional Psionic Item Space, Augmented Alchemy, Damage Reduction, Efficient Item Creation, Energy Resistance, Epic Metabolic Overdrive *, Epic Psionic Focus, Epic Psychokinetic Lash*, Extra Minor Anomalies*, Extra Phenomenal Anomaly*, Extended Lifespan, Fast Healing, Improved Manifestation, Lash Composition Mastery*, Psychokinetic Shape Mastery*, Spellcasting Harrier, Superior Initiative.

*An epic mindscourge must meet this feat's prerequisites to select it as an epic bonus feat.

{table=head]Level|Special

21st|
    Psychokinetic lash 12d6

22nd|
    -

23rd|
    Bonus feat, deflection bonus +6, psychokinetic lash 13d6

24th|
    -

25th|
    Psychokinetic lash 14d6

26th|
    Bonus feat

27th|
    Deflection bonus +7, psychokinetic lash 15d6

28th|
    -

29th|
    Bonus feat, psychokinetic lash 16d6

30th|
    -
    [/table]

Epic Mindscourge Feats:

Epic Metabolic Overdrive [Epic, Psionic]
    You can psionically boost your metabolism to mend your wounds with astonishing speed.
    Prerequisites: Metabolic overdrive that grants fast healing 5.
    Benefit: When you use your metabolic overdrive ability, you gain fast healing 25 for 5 minutes. Activating this ability is a free action. This is a supernatural ability.

Special: You can gain feat multiple times. Each time you take the feat, you gain an additional use of the metabolic overdrive ability, and the fast healing granted by the feat increases by 5.

Epic Psychokinetic Lash [Epic, Psionic]
    Your psychokinetic lash is incredibly powerful.
    Prerequisites: Psychokinetic lash 9d6
    Benefit: Your psychokinetic lash damage increases by 1d6.

Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. It’s effects stack.

Extra Minor Anomalies [Epic, Psionic]
    You learn two additional minor anomalies.
    Prerequisites: Ability to manifest a phenomenal anomaly, Psicraft 24 ranks
    Benefit: You learn two additional anomalies of the least, lesser, or greater grades from the list available to you.

Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time, you gain two additional minor anomalies (least, lesser, or greater).

Extra Phenomenal Anomaly [Epic, Psionic]
    You learn an additional phenomenal anomaly.
    Prerequisites: Ability to manifest a phenomenal anomaly, Psicraft 24 ranks
    Benefit: You learn one additional phenomenal anomaly from the list available to you.

Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time, you gain an extra phenomenal anomaly.

Lash Composition Mastery [Epic, Psionic]
    You have mastered your psychokinetic lash to the point that you can enhance it with multiple composition anomalies at once.
    Prerequisites: One least, lesser, greater, and phenomenal lash composition anomaly, Psicraft 24 ranks.
    Benefit: When you use the psychokinetic lash ability, you can apply two lash composition anomalies simultaneously. You could choose to manifest a psychokinetic lash with both the impact lash and dizzying lash lash compositions. This also allows you to apply the same effect twice, though this is not beneficial in the case of all lash composition anomalies. The effects of each lash composition are resolved separately. If you manifest your psychokinetic lash with two different types of damage, half of the damage (rounded down) is dealt by each source. You must choose which lash compositions you will use in conjunction with your psychokinetic lash before you start your action.

If you possess the Psychokinetic Shape Mastery feat, you can apply two lash composition anomalies to both your psychokinetic lashes in a single round. Activating this ability is part of the action to use a psychokinetic lash.

In addition, the DC of all lash composition anomalies you use increases by 2. This is an extraordinary ability.

Normal: A mindscourge can apply only one lash composition to a psychokinetic lash.

Psychokinetic Shape Mastery [Epic, Psionic]
    Your have such control your psychokinetic lash that you can shape it in ways impossible for lesser psychics.
    Prerequisites: One least, lesser, greater, and dark lash shape anomaly, Psicraft 24 ranks.
    Benefit: You can use two psychokinetic lashes per round as a full attack action, rather than the normal limit of one. You can apply lash composition anomalies to both lashes. If you possess the Lash Composition Mastery feat, you can manifest each lash with two lash compositions. Activating this ability is part of the action to use a psychokinetic lash.

The area and range of all your psychokinetic lashes is doubled. Activating this ability is part of the action to use a psychokinetic lash. If you imbue your psychokinetic lash with the distant lash lash shape, the range increases to 500 feet. If you are using the psychokinetic strike or psychokinetic talon anomaly, you no longer suffer attacks of opportunity for manifesting these anomalies in melee and all attacks of opportunity you make can include psychokinetic strike. If you manifest your psychokinetic lash with the leaping lash lash shape, you may start the anomaly up to 120 feet away from you and the maximum distance between each target increases to 60 feet. The area of the psychokinetic maelstrom lash shape increases to 40 feet from you. The range of your psychokinetic wave increases to 120 feet.

You gain +2 bonus on attack rolls to hit an opponent with your psychokinetic lash. This is an extraordinary ability.

Normal: A mindscourge can use only one psychokinetic lash per round. Using the psychokinetic strike or psychokinetic talon lash shape provokes attacks of opportunity, and psychokinetic strike cannot be used as part of an attack of opportunity.

Ubiquitous Hands [Epic, Psionic]
    Your mastery of psychokinesis is such that it has become second nature.
    Prerequisites: Psicraft 24 ranks, obstruction field, telekinetic manipulation, telekinetic marionette, telekinetic propulsion
    Benefits: The save DC for all your anomalies of the psychokinesis discipline increases by 2.

While psionically focused, you can manifest far hand as a psi-like ability at will, augmented to the maximum for your manifester level. Unlike the normal power, maintaining concentration on the power is a free action.

When you manifest obstruction field, the miss chance increases to 40%, and applies to melee attacks as well as ranged.

When you manifest telekinetic propulsion, your flight speed is equal to double your base land speed, and your maneuverability is perfect.

If the target of your telekinetic marionette anomaly succeeds on the Fort save, they must make another Fort save at the same DC or be slowed for 1 round/level.

When you use the sustained force version of telekinetic manipulation, you can preform any action requiring two hands, and do not need to make an Intelligence check to do so. You can even use sustained force to preform skill checks requiring 2 hands, such as Disable Device, Open Lock, or Sleight of Hand (provided you are capable of using the skill), using your Intelligence modifier in place of the usual ability. This action does not disrupt your concentration, and is considered part of manifesting the anomaly.

When you use the combat maneuver version of telekinetic manipulation, you add double your Charisma modifier (if positive) to your manifester level to determine your attack bonus.

When you use the violent thrust version of telekinetic manipulation, you can pick up one object or creature per manifester level, without the usual maximum limit of 15. You can hurl up to a total weight of 25 pounds per manifester level, without the usual maximum limit of 375 pounds.
    Last edited by TabletopNuke; 2011-02-10 at 05:25 PM.
    Keep 3.5 alive!
    Creepy psychics, shark dogs, and whatever else I feel like drawing.
    Sci-Fi/Fantasy Homebrew Setting: Breakdown

I am willing and able to critique 3.5 homebrews. I'm still learning though, and I may not be able to help with unfamiliar material. PM me if you are having trouble getting your work reviewed.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

Default Re: Mindscourge (Psionic Warlock, 3.5, PEACH) Edit 12/08

Quote Originally Posted by TabletopNuke View Post
    My reasoning for the amount of haste is that there is an epic feat that grants fast healing 2, and there is an epic feat that grants 10 rounds of haste/day.
    Epic feats are simply terrible.

Nobody's gonna burn a feat on haste when the caster can haste you.

Fast healing isn't all that great if the enemy happens to primary you (which is bad at all times, I know). Either way, most combat lasts a dozen rounds at max, and fast healing or no, you'll be withdrawing to prevent from being primary'd. The only advantage to fast healing is that you can start the day at full hp, which saves spells for the healer.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2010-01-18 at 11:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Gah! I just realized I made a mistake in that post. I'd forgotten that I reasoned the balance by comparing it to the Energy Resistance epic feat (energy resistance 10) vs the Blinding Speed epic feat (5 rounds of haste). (I didn't have the EPH with me at the time of the previous post).

Anyway, the point wasn't to debate over epic feats, but to determine if the class feature changes are balanced. So, what do you think of them? I'm hoping that I'm in the last phase of development as far as class features go.
    Keep 3.5 alive!
    Creepy psychics, shark dogs, and whatever else I feel like drawing.
    Sci-Fi/Fantasy Homebrew Setting: Breakdown

I am willing and able to critique 3.5 homebrews. I'm still learning though, and I may not be able to help with unfamiliar material. PM me if you are having trouble getting your work reviewed.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Not sure if this is being checked still, but this comment is just a flavor comment more than anything else. You have Anomalies and Psychokinetic Lash both listed as (Sp) might want to change them to (Ps). Spell like to Psionic like (nit picking i know)

Also might want to include a eldritch glaive type Anomalies (it is my fav invocation)
    Last edited by cmakonline; 2011-08-26 at 01:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Interesting. Combining psioncs with the warlock. I like it.
    The only see problem I see is if any attempts to enter prestige classes. While you do have your own prestige class, do you have any idea how this would interact with others? Does a +1 evocation prestige class go with this or would a +1 manifester level be more appropriate; or is there some other method?