New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Endless Dungeon - Akon

Yeah, the rolls just don't quit, do they?

Morningstar: (1d20+2)[4]
    Dmg:(1d6)[1]

Edit: Hmm, perhaps luck is shifting.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2010-01-03 at 03:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm going to have to waste a Lesser Vigor entirely due to this...

Attack - (1d20+3)[8]
    Damage - (1d4+4)[8]
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, at least you have it to waste. The guys that come in without any healing at all...ouch.

Morningstar: (1d20+2)[16]
    Dmg:(1d6)[1]

4. - Top - End - #94

Aye, I think my build choice was heavily vindicated in this particular fight:
    Attack - (1d20+3)[23]
    Damage - (1d4+4)[8]

YOU HIT AKON, AKON HITS BACK! AND AKON HITS HARDER! My first natural 20! Woo!
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-04 at 07:52 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #95

Critical Confirmation - (1d20+3)[8]
    Damage - (1d4+4)[7]

Well, at least this should be highly unnecessary.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-04 at 07:52 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

And, death to the goblins!

As you celebrate your first CR 3 encounter victory, you gain a total of 900 XP.

Presumably, you go on to loot the many bodies, finding the equipment they used, as well as 300 GP between them.

7. - Top - End - #97

CR 3?! Wow, I guess my build IS pretty good vs. tons of small fry given I beat them in spite of the slew of 18s, 19s and 20s. That makes me ding with 300 XP from the Kobolds and 75 from the badger, putting me at 1275.

Either way, course of action is as follows:
    - Level-up (well, duh; in-game it happens instantaneously)
    - Smash all Goblin heads, and ensure that the damn Badger is dead too; taking no risks leaving some Unconscious or similars behind. Besides, he really, really doesn't like those Goblins right now.
    - Loot both rooms taking 20 on Search (for a grand total of 20).

How many weapons did the Goblins have? 3 Javelins each or only the Javelin-throwers? Eh, I'll just pick up all the Morningstars anyways.

Query: May I retrain one of my Domains and some associated skills in lieu of the level-up? I just realized I had picked a Domain I won't want, one that has not been used at all yet (Magic-domain), and would want to switch to Kobold-domain for Trapfinding & Search+Disable Device in class for Cleric-levels.

I initially picked Magic-domain as an alternative for if I can't use Lesser Vigor (to eventually acquire Wands of Repair Light Damage), but that turns out to be completely unnecessary.

Either way, I'll level-up into Cloistered Cleric 1/Crusader 1. I'll update my character sheet accordingly, and retrain if possible/applicable/whatever. Then get back to this party.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Each goblin had 1 morningstar and 3 javelins so, a pretty decent assortment of weapons given there were six gobbies in total.

Retraining is allowed at each level up as per Phb2, swapping domain chosen is a valid option for that, so that's absolutely fine. Yeah, the lesser vigor does look to be quite handy. =) I've got another guy in this same fight atm, and if the blows keep going the way they have been, he's not gonna make it.

9. - Top - End - #99

To accommodate the weight of the loot, Akon cuts of 50' of his Hempen Rope. He leaves Javelins behind, them being relatively worthless and heavy. Now he can carry this, albeit at Heavy Load (which doesn't matter at all since he's effectively wearing a Full-Plate anyways; it adds 1 point of ACP but whoppedoo).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-04 at 08:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Excellent, that'll work. Yeah...fullplate is rough on skill checks.

11. - Top - End - #101

Alright, with the level-up hassle out of the way, he's now ready to continue. Feeling himself make a giant leap into the secrets of Vecna and having learned a damn lot about weapon use, he now picks up his Guisarme instead, hanging up his Longspear, and sets out to continue through the dungeon.

With the Goblins no longer a threat and the badger very thoroughly demolished and both rooms very thoroughly searched, he'll return once more to his opening position, closes and bars both of the other doors deciding this (the central one he's on now) is more interesting than either, and continues down the central corridor.

By the way, did either of the rooms (the Goblins-one or the Badger-one) contain any doors forward?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Heck, I'll just pop up a bit of a map. Its not perfect, cut off the top off the goblin room, but it should give the idea, and cover all the doors.

The goblin room has one door unexplored still, and the badger path has two.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2010-01-04 at 09:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Well, since he last fought at the Goblin-room, he'll go visit the door it contains (and of course, two doors is easier to deal with than 1). He'll first Listen at the door and...try to be stealthy and stuff.

Listen - (1d20+8)[21]
    Spot - (1d20+8)[24]
    Hide - (1d20-4)[11]
    Move Silently - (1d20-4)[-1]

Rolling Spot and Hide already since I'm entering anyways. The only difference the Listen really makes is whether I'll make some preparations before entering (like cast Lesser Vigor or Create Trap or drop some Caltrops or switch to Tower Shield or Heavy Shield or whatever).

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

You clearly hear a small creature inside.

When you enter, You see a 10ft by 10ft room, with an Goblin(E3) Guarding a chest(E4).

He's not taken by surprise, because he's been quaking in fear after hearing the slaughter outside.

Init: (1d20+1)[11]

15. - Top - End - #105

Initiative - (1d20+2)[5]

Maneuvers granted:
    (1d5)[1]
    (1d4)[4]

Spoiler
    Show
    1. Crusader's Strike
    2. Charging Minotaur
    3. Stone Bones
    4. Douse the Flames
    5. Leading the Attack

EDIT: While Akon loses the Initiative, he's now holding his Guisarme, and has Combat Reflexes which enables him to take AoOs even while flat-footed. Also, seems like he's granted Crusader's Strike and Leading the Attack. Quite perfect, I might add.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-04 at 09:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

He'll five foot adjust to you, and take a swing with his standard issue goblin morningstar.

Atk: (1d20+2)[19]
    (1d6)[5]

17. - Top - End - #107

He'll hit. ****ing A. Well, 3 points into delayed damage pool, 2 prevented. Furious Counterattack for +1/+1.

Crusader's Strike with Slam:
    Attack - (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage - (1d4+5)[9]
    Heal - (1d6+1)[7]
    Martial Spirit heals 2 to self if successful. Either way, afterwards Akon will move 10' back, provoking (if it isn't dead by then) and prepare to take an AoO.

EDIT: Everything else is maxed except of course he missed. Great.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-04 at 09:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

I'll have to get used to this. Rolling the next Granted Maneuver:
    (1d3)[1]

That's Charging Minotaur. Alright. Also, down to 5 from delayed damage.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-04 at 09:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, goblins are not your lucky opponent.

Atk: (1d20+2)[4]
    (1d6)[3]

20. - Top - End - #110

I assume that was the AoO Akon provokes by moving 10' back? Well, it's its turn anyways.

21. - Top - End - #111

Actually, it'll probably provoke an AoO anyways. As such, I'll take it right now.

Making a Trip-attempt (with Guisarme):
    Touch - (1d20+4)[22]
    Strength-check - (1d20+3)[6] (it gets -4 for being small obviously)

EDIT: By the way, interesting question: Do I gain Martial Spirit HP from Melee Touch Attacks? It simply mentions melee attack so technically, I'd assume Melee Touch Attack is a Melee Attack too and would qualify, but then again, it just feels weird. So, your take?
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-04 at 10:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Y'know, Id completely missed the moving back. Yeah, that'll be AoO then, not it matters.

Yeah, non-ranged touch attacks act exactly as armed melee attacks do, complete with threatening and everything else, so I presume they would qualify for that.

Strength check> (1d20-4)[0]

Oh yeah, he's tripped. Any attacks or fun stuff triggering off that?
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2010-01-05 at 10:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Na, Akon doesn't have Improved Trip. But that should nicely cut the Gob's movement, which is all he's after really. Well, that and the tasty -4 to its AC. He's got plenty of time to attack on his own turn, after all.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-05 at 12:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. So, thats your turn, then?

25. - Top - End - #115

Well, that was the AoO, so I guess he'll attack the prone Goblin now.

Attack - (1d20+4)[6] (it has -4 to AC, and I think I've got +1 Higher Ground bonus)
    Damage - (2d4+4)[10]

So Martial Spirit healed 2 on AoO and 2 if that hits. That puts Akon at either 7 or 9.

EDIT: Sigh. Yeah, 7. Well, good news is that it'll most likely provoke another AoO regardless of what it does, and while prone while at it.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-05 at 04:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Yup, he's gonna immediately stand up as a move action...if he survives that, he'll make with the morning star again, so...AoO time for you.

27. - Top - End - #117

Let's see if the dice can keep failing me:

Attack - (1d20+5)[24] (assuming Higher Ground; and -4 to its AC from Prone)
    Damage - (2d4+4)[9]

Same thing; Akon is healed by 2 if he hits.

EDIT: That's a nice roll. Ok, I'm pretty sure that's a v. dead Goblin. And Akon is back at 9. I think, now that I've dealt with two mass battles, I dare start posting the Stat Block again. I hope I won't need so many rolls per fight anymore.

Stat block:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 9/15
    DR: 2/Adamantine
    25% Fortifications
    Steely Resolve 5
    Attack: +4 for 2d4+4 at 20/x2, 10' reach
    Contingent Faith Healing on being knocked to unconscious
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-05 at 07:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently, Akon prefers his goblins extra chunky.

You gain 150 xp and 350 SP from the body.

29. - Top - End - #119

Akon, quite fed up with Goblins, decides to go see what the chest might hold. First, he takes 20 to Search it for 24 (able to find Traps now).

Oh, and he'll take up the Goblin's loot and Morningstar.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-05 at 07:48 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

No traps on the chest.

Inside, you find 150 GP, and a large alexandrite gem worth 600 GP.