New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: (3-Ω M.E.R) Protection and Support Mission

OOC: I'd think that with 18 dexterity it shouldn't be that difficult
    How much time passes while I do all this?
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

OON:
    A couple hours and don't say its easy until you've tried it. Trust me it takes practice even for the very well coordinated

You have roughly 1 hour remaining before you the start
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Xen'Thega,The Bald Ronin, in FFX Dungeon Crawl

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33

Devil

OOC: I've tried it but I'm not very coordinated. In any case, I'll wait for now for the rest of the party to catch up since I'm a few hours ahead. Oh and I forgot to post this before:

sense motive to see whether he is actually loyal to the king or just pretending: (1d20+8)[18]
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

4. - Top - End - #34

You get the idea that he is loyal to his job and all that that entails. You also get the idea that he doesn't wish the king any harm, but wishes the queen would stay away from him while he's flirting with the various maids of the castle. ...Actually that last bit he pretty much told you.(you get the idea that the queen is not a good looking women)
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by DuskEclipse View Post
    Dyson
    Dyson aproaches Amant, he then whispers to him.

I can augment one of your weapons to magical propierties for a short time. Are interested in it?
    Amant

Amant looks at Dyson, considering thoughtfully.

- We can use every edge we can get -

You're right.

He speaks after a short pause during which he collects his thoughts.

"I think that that could prove useful. Whatever help you can give, I would be willing to receive."
    Last edited by Vexxation; 2009-11-16 at 06:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Dyson

Just lend me your sword for a minute and I infuse the weapon. Got any preference?

OOC: Dyson is gonna use the Personal Augmentation Infusion on Amant's weapon, The infusion last 10 mins per level so it will be 50 mins.

Vexxation you can choose from any magic enchancement that is equivalent to a+1.

oh an the infusion takes one minute to infuse"

Godna I will substract 20 gp from my money (components for the infusion)

Is this ok?

7. - Top - End - #37

OON:Sounds good to me.
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

Anymore actions anyone?
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: Waiting for vexation to choose he enchancement

10. - Top - End - #40

Devil

OOC: was just waiting for my turn to come since I'm tied up for a few hours doing waiter training.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Just waiting till the banquet starts, and to see if there's any problems with my disguise.

12. - Top - End - #42

OON:Alright than well after Amant makes his move I shall make any alternations i need to

TIME PASSES.

An hour or so before the banquet you are all either in costume or made any preparations needed.

You've become quite aware of how difficult it is to wear armor below fancy clothes, and the "king" has requested that you be allowed to speak privately with him.

When you are all finally alone he speaks in his actual voice.
    "One last little detail. The king as some of you know is a powerful Psion. Unfortunately...I am not. In order to keep up appearances. I will need to make a show of invoking various psionic powers in order to aide the defense of this banquet."

He pauses and faces away from you all his hands behind his back.

"As some of you may know psychic abilities don't tend to have the Somatic components that arcane abilities tend to, So it would look suspicious if i were seen chucking these at the enemy."

He turns to face you and without his hands leaving your sight suddenly has 5 small balls in hand.

"These emulate various magical and psionic spells. They are mostly illusion though, but the ones with the stripe down the middle are the real deal. I'd like it if occasionally you guys would throw a couple of these as needed. As you have already seen I am a master of sleight of hand, but It still slows down the rate in which i can use them, and sometimes i won't have the opportunity to so distract the enemy. In other words can I get a volunteer?"
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Devil

Damian stepped forth and in a business like manner said to spider:

I would like to volunteer. I will be observing the enemy and no one would suspect a waiter. I can also hide them more easily and no one need see me throwing them. It would fit well with my plan to remain in disguise for as long as possible to take stock of the situation and wait for the opportune moment. Unless of course you disagree with that.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Dyson
    OOC:Do we have psionic/magic transparency? so could I use UMD to activate Psinic items?
    Also I checked and due my ACF I have an increased CL when I imbue weapons, armors or Constructs, so my Weapon augmentation last for 60 mins.
    Maybe I can also help, in my disguise as a statue I can "hide in plain sight" such spheres, we could pretend the spheres are part of me as a statue.

15. - Top - End - #45

Good Idea, your disguise as a statue will aid you. Damian it might also work if you can find somewhere out of sight to thrown.

He hands you both a small sack.

"The purple ones emit a bolt lightning seemingly eminating from me. The red ones a fireball. The greens a horrible smelling cloud. The yellows are make a resilient sphere

OON: We don't have the transparency, but due to your training at M.E.R. You can at a -5 to the first time you perform the check.
    In this case though the balls are triggered to go off on impact / when receiving a mental command after being thrown.
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Devil

OOC: I'm still here and interested to continue, me and Dyson have our roles assigned so was waiting for the rest to decide what they wanted to do so we could arrange some kind of plan...is anyone else interested in continuing?

17. - Top - End - #47

I am still interested in DMing. I just await your guys respounces.
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Devil

OOC: since my role has been assigned I'm also just waiting for the others' responses.

19. - Top - End - #49

I just assumed that because of thanksgiving it was going to be a little slow.
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: I'm ready to continue. Unless there's any more info I need to know.

21. - Top - End - #51

OON
    I will be updating this later tonight assuming all "parties" are still interested

Yes i know, That was a horrible pun,but i don't apologize.
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

"well assuming nothing else needs taking care of I guess we can get things underway" spider says breaking back into character.

Time Passes, and knight falls so the pass is no good!

The Musicians begin arriving and most of the staff that was tending to the hall has left.

Suddenly, The sound of trumpets fill the air.(you feel vaguely like making an elephant pun ,but that would be in bad taste.)

"Now Introducing The most honorable Twin Dukes of the Royal Clock Tower. The voice seems to come from no where heralding the arrival of the twin dukes.
    (Make a Spellcraft check)

The voice continues to list of the names of various nobles and dignitaries before returning to the silence that it broke.(well technically the trumpets broke)

A couple more people begins to arrive, but they aren't heralded in. It begins to get slightly crowded when suddenly you hear a ruckess from the hallway leading to the banquet hall.
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Spellcraft check
    [spoilers]
    (1d20+10)[17]

[/spoilers]

24. - Top - End - #54

OON:
    no need to spoiler, but i forgot you might also want to make a spot check too
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Devil

Damian with a tray of drinks in one hand ladden with drinks has begun serving the guests. When he hears the ruckus he makes his way towards the sound leaving his tray on a table as he passes by. His pace is brisk, just enough to get him there quickly enough but not fast enough to draw attention.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Ok spot check
    (1d20)[4]

no ranks in spot

27. - Top - End - #57

Devil

spot: (1d20+8)[25]

28. - Top - End - #58

Damian:
    You notice that the Bard playing that played the trumpet was also casting a spell.

Dyson
    You get the idea that the voice was a magical effect, but you can be entirely sure what it was as you didn't see it being cast.

edit: Scratch that He would be right next to either you or Amant so you wouldn't need to make you spot check.

You discover that the Voice was from a Magic Mouth spell cast by the rather flamboyant Musician standing there making horrible racket with a trumpet.
    Last edited by Godna; 2009-12-03 at 07:43 PM.
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

I hope this isn't dead.
    Current Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

I'm still interested, just a little busy with finals coming up.

Lets see if I remember how to do the dice.

Spellcraft: (1d20+1)[17]
    Spot: (1d20-2)[5]
    Familiar's Spot (1d20+9)[23]