New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Underdark, Terror of Lowerdark [3.5e FR, providing the lore]

Quote Originally Posted by ark7 View Post
    (this is called idleness)
    Heresy GROWS from idleness.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

@ark: for a level 15-16? nah, the good reference point that I like is the legend lore spell= any character 11th level is "legendary" which frankly I would say it's true. A level 11 character is strong enough to go through a caves of orcs or goblins and come back with barely any scratch or take down an ogre which you must compare to the commoner in dnd who has at most 3 hp or 2 hp and 10 in a stat at most...you are superman to them.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rettu Skcollob View Post
    Heresy GROWS from idleness.
    CHAOS is the only true answer...

@Hyperion: Thanks =D
    Last edited by ark7; 2009-11-16 at 08:18 PM.
    "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."

4. - Top - End - #94

O.O I just realised I get a +53 bonus on my Bluff skill when I use Glibness, and it lasts for over 6 hours if I Extend it.

I am looking forward to this campaign more and more, hurry up with those sheets, you two!
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since I don't want anyone waiting for the juice, I am inclined to start the first part of the campaign; "The Dark Obelisk and The Artificer", which is primarely a set of choices, skill uses, decisions and one quick battle on the end. (I am also excited to start this up, but it wouldn't be fair to bullrush the players)

By the time the decisive battle starts (in a two post per day basis it would be no less than 3 weeks), everyone would be already done, so it will be basically skill rolls, decisions and some minor uses of powers before the rest can get on track.

Ark already told me his opinion, and I want to hear everyone's else now. It is just fair.

EDIT:
    [Note: Since I did it for Skcollob I will do it for everyone. Anyone who comes up with a nice avatar and crop it on the sheet image will receive an item to make that image more credible and fitting. It is not an overwhelming item, but it will be a custom and unique special from me, so it will be handy. I will surprise, so don't come with Gandalf and spect to receive a staff.]You can end up with a hat.

Anyone who wants to settle little things such as personal crafts, from Craft (Poison) or (Alchemy) for an example, PM me and we will find a nice way to empower your abilities with such skills. Other customs, such as personal spells (like Zz'drits 2nd edition Flight spell, for an example) or anything else that you would find apropriate (improved thunderstones, acidic essences, tattoos of power, magical inks, etcetera) don't shy to PM me. You have the right to be unique.

Anything else you find that would help other players, or that might hold our interest, please post here.
    Last edited by BavetteOfAgony; 2009-11-17 at 12:48 AM.
    Dustcraft

Spoiler
    Show

Burn the heretics.

Campaigns
    Underdark, Terror of the Lowerdark.

Characters
    Alinnamara
    Pedro
    Adam

Amazing Archangel avatar by Potatocubed

6. - Top - End - #96

SamuraiGuy

I am a very busy person at the moment. Feel free to start things off :P and besides I think it could be plausible that a mere factotum who dabbles in the arts could possibly accidentally mishap on his teleport and somehow end up near the party.

It's simply the grim truth of the matter unfortunately no matter how badly I want to be in this game RIGHT NOW.

If I need something very concrete (like a character sheet complete with a background that is 80 percent done) by a certain date to be considered into the main party then I will have no choice but to attempt to make that deadline.
    Last edited by Averagedog; 2009-11-17 at 01:35 AM.
    Benedictus, Venit in Nomine, in Nomine, Domini, Hossanna in Excelsis........

7. - Top - End - #97

Ooh, awesome! Looking forward to it, whenever you decide to start. ^_^

Edit: And AD, I'm sure if you make the crunch it should only take you about half an hour, and you can provide the basic outline of background before you flesh it out. If you're having trouble thinking of anything, I'd be happy to discuss background links over MSN or something. :]
    Last edited by Rettu Skcollob; 2009-11-17 at 03:19 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98

HalfOrcPirate

sound good to me to do this little intro quest.
    My interest in what you're talking about is low to moderate - Vork, Knight of Good.

9. - Top - End - #99

SamuraiGuy

Alright, I finally have an idea I fully understand in context with the lore of the Forgotten Realms.

Name Azwaith Aritzel
    Race: Human
    Home: Everlund
    Deity: Selune

Occupation:Warlock I couldn't find anything useful from the 4th edition version of the warlock lore considering we are doing 3.5. So in 3.5 forgotten realms, to whom does a warlock sell his soul to that isn't inherently eeeevil? :P

10. - Top - End - #100

HalfOrcPirate

frankly in 3.5 warlocks varies from the fey bloodlines to the fiendish ones, so for a good character, a fey trickery seems more likely. Should be noted that fey boths are good and evil, so really up to you how you want it to happen or you could simply be the classical good aligned warlock with fiendish heritage fighting evil knowing the darkness in your soul (yeah very typical but it works.)
    Last edited by Hyperion; 2009-11-17 at 05:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

SamuraiGuy

fey sounds interesting, it gives the DM possible plot hook of possible conflict with the fey masters. There is one thing that I am confused about the good warlock cliche, if the warlock gave his soul to the Demon for power and fights evil that would eventually bring him in conflict with said demon, then why doesn't the demon just devour the warlock's soul at the first sign of disobedience?

12. - Top - End - #102

HalfOrcPirate

because most of the time in 3.5, it's a heritage thing, the curse is still there but essentially most warlocks are like sorcerers it's because somebody in their family did it but they have no relations with the current demon.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Avaregedog: Dear chairman, do you truly believe that evil is a happy-club? Do you believe they sing together and go do 'evil' things with smile on their face?
    There are plenty of demons, devils and things... unthinkable out there. They are not friends, they don't like each other, if they could create an entire legion of paladins they would! Why? Simplely to see the other powers fall while they climb to higher ground.

Think about Demogorgon; he is twisted, have two independent minds that fight for only one body. What could be worse; One deafeating another or the both of them working together? The same happens to all evil, from the abyss to hell, from the Shadow Plane to the nightmare Far Realm.
    They want each other DEAD. More than a reason to unleashe a do-gooder power on the middle of another domain.

EDIT: Evil, good... What is important is to take decisions, hold your ideas, create a personality and be who you are, be that a peasant or a king.
    Last edited by BavetteOfAgony; 2009-11-17 at 05:39 PM.
    Dustcraft

Spoiler
    Show

Burn the heretics.

Campaigns

Characters
    Alinnamara
    Pedro
    Adam

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

Also, you seem to be particularly obsessed about having sold your soul and receiving your powers as part of a bounty granted by an evil overlord who will screw you at the end. That's a cleric of Cyric, not necessarily a warlock. If you take a good look, a warlock essentially is not very different from a sorcerer, kinda like Hyperion said. A person that has, for some reason, a rudimentary control over a very raw form of magical energy, kinda like the silverflame, in a way (but thank god nowhere as ZOMG). Then what happens is that Warlocks eventually manage to work this energy into some more complex processes and tricks, which are the invocations, but although having "unrestricted channeling", they end up having a very limited repertoire. What you have to ask yourself, if mechanically you want to go for warlock is:
    "Okay, so why does my character wields magical power in such a raw and 'unpolished' way, as opposed to casting spells?"

(also: Although I'm not sure why it came to that I'm agreeing with Bavette. Chances are that, if you're evil, you'd make much better use of a good-aligned weapon (if you could use one), than an evil-aligned one. Every villain of some respect has had to topple at least 2 or 3 equally evil contenders for every silly paladin he had to deal with. Good guys usually don't have too much of a reason to fight with each other, bad guys do all the time)

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by BavetteOfAgony View Post
    waiting for the juice
    [awesomeface]

@Avaregedog: Dear chairman, do you truly believe that evil is a happy-club? Do you believe they sing together and go do 'evil' things with smile on their face?
    It's so fun when it happens =D
    Pity it doesn't normally last very long. To tell the truth, I'm tired of that "evil fighting evil" cliché. But then again, it's a true cliché most of the time.

EDIT: Evil, good... What is important is to take decisions, hold your ideas, create a personality and be who you are, be that a peasant or a king.
    "Who cares about good or evil? What really matters is if they're 'friend', 'enemy' or 'food'."

@Averagedog: I agree with what Lasagna and Bavette said. Your character doesn't need to have sold his soul, but then again, what's the problem if he has? Or if someone in your family has sold his soul and you've "accidentally" inherited the hazards of the contract (together with the benefits)? Or maybe you're a warlock just because you have it in your blood and you don't even care to know why. My point is: What kind of background do you want to role-play? Decide what you want and then pick one of the back options so graciously provided by the other players, or make your own if you prefer =P
    Last edited by ark7; 2009-11-17 at 08:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Yay, last exam finished. Now I'm really really looking forward to when we start.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

Whew, my sheet's finished (at least finished enough). I'll upload it to Bavette as soon as I meet him or, if he prefers, upload it here. It's not like I'm keeping secrets as to what I do... well, not THIS time XD

Also: Seems I might be healy enough. I'll start with spells up to sixth circle and there's not much smiting before that. Except on Book of Exalted Deeds. That book failed so hard at being the "book of goody two shoes" that it's not even funny most of the time. It's 100% the Sisters of Battle kind of good....

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lasagna View Post
    Whew, my sheet's finished (at least finished enough). I'll upload it to Bavette as soon as I meet him or, if he prefers, upload it here. It's not like I'm keeping secrets as to what I do... well, not THIS time XD

Also: Seems I might be healy enough. I'll start with spells up to sixth circle and there's not much smiting before that. Except on Book of Exalted Deeds. That book failed so hard at being the "book of goody two shoes" that it's not even funny most of the time. It's 100% the Sisters of Battle kind of good....
    CLEANSE PURGE KILL

You're a Cleric, aren't you? Could you not just prepare whatever you like and use your spontaneous healing to cast whenever we need it? Or do you channel negative energy instead?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

I still need to know what kind of spells I have available, there are more sophisticated healing spells that cannot be converted spontaneously and I'm actually not going to convert spells from level 5 and above at all.
    (also all kinds of utility like healing ability damage, protection... blahblah)

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi, everybody!

I've been invited by ARK7 to play this campaign, can I join you?

(Max here )

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gaaaah! MAX! Don't you fright me like that, you sneaky you!

You can play yes, my friend. Just hurry with a sheet and a character, everyone is almost done. Try to read the rules, they will guide you padawan.
    Dustcraft

Spoiler
    Show

Burn the heretics.

Campaigns

Characters
    Alinnamara
    Pedro
    Adam

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry mate, it's all about Amaunator this time, no place for silly frolicking teenagers like that Lathander fellow 'round 'ere

23. - Top - End - #113

Cool, more peoples, that's awesome. If you're writing your character background, feel free to hit me up on MSN if you want to discuss any character links or anything like that. :)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Starting DATE.

I am facing some family business right now, so I will be unable to post prior to November 22. That in mind, I see half players are ready and I am delaying the startup quite a bit here. I don't feel that it would be right.
    And I won't do it anymore.

Start the gears of roleplay, my friends. Feed your mind with steam and prepare to get ready.

November 23 will be our starting date. Period. Finish everything you have to, PM me every detail where I can help.
    Dustcraft

Spoiler
    Show

Burn the heretics.

Campaigns

Characters
    Alinnamara
    Pedro
    Adam

25. - Top - End - #115

Starting DATE.

I am facing some family business right now, so I will be unable to post prior to November 22. That in mind, I see half players are ready and I am delaying the startup quite a bit here. I don't feel that it would be right.
    And I won't do it anymore.

Start the gears of roleplay, my friends. Feed your mind with steam and prepare to get ready.

November 23 will be our starting date. Period. Finish everything you have to, PM me every detail where I can help.
    Alright, hearing you loud and clear boss-man. Looking forward to it. I'm free pretty much all the time, save on the 25th where I'll be extremely drunk, and 26th, when I'll be nursing a hangover and disentangling myself from the naked bodies of every male and female under 35 within 200 meters.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nick Rivier View Post
    Hi, everybody!
    I've been invited by ARK7 to play this campaign, can I join you?
    The DM is involved in a grim family business of sorts (seeing his gramma). But please, feel free to read the thread to get familiar with the other characters and the DM's rules, and by all means DO start making your character. Me and the other players will provide flavour help and clarifications in Bavette's absence.

Edit: 11 11 11 11 11 14 14 14 14
    Last edited by ark7; 2009-11-21 at 02:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tomorrow is the day, people. I will post the opening and from that time on, this will be IC only. All OOC talk will be posted on another thread I will create.

Lasagna, try to give me a Myth-buster or another made sheet at that time or I will consider you will be lat for the opening. By that I will consider you arrived at the same time as Avaregedog and Max.

Avaregedog and Max will probably be late and will start when they are ready, no matter the party present location. This will put them both at a separate party that can, or not, track the others down and meet/reunite. The details will be released as needed at the time and posted here.

Talkin: Chose one color for your voice but use any combination of box to post your actions. There are just two details.

1: All rolls and mechanical information must be posted within [ ] regardless of success or failure. Example; [Sword Melee Attack 1d20+16 = 28 Damage 1d8+11 = 17] or [Fireball DC 18 10d6 = 34 damage].
    Any sort of information to speed up the game, such as the consecutive damage rolls of an acid arrow, must be wrote on the post. If it is a secret, bear with it.

Note: Only a successful roll of spellcraft/psicraft [15+spell/power level] can identify a spell/power and its effects on the cast (otherwise, a knowledge-Arcana DC 20+caster level can be made), so don't try to use mechanical knowledge you don't have in-character. I will provide the knowledge via PM in any special case.

2: Use the [/spoil] tool to write anything that shouldn't be read but can be read (Such as a sneak movement or concealed spellcasting). Anything that is only for my eyes must be sent by PM. Or wrote with wit.

That's all folks. Thanks and tomorrow don't be late.
    Last edited by BavetteOfAgony; 2009-11-22 at 02:38 PM.
    Dustcraft

Spoiler
    Show

Burn the heretics.

Campaigns

Characters
    Alinnamara
    Pedro
    Adam

28. - Top - End - #118

HalfOrcPirate

sweet, let's get this started.

29. - Top - End - #119

I'll take indigo.

Avaregedog and Max will probably be late and will start when they are ready, no matter the party present location. This will put them both at a separate party that can, or not, track the others down and meet/reunite.
    Hmm. You mean there will be two separate parties forever?

Edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Elminster casts fireball. Rolling 10d6: 6 5 5 6 6 6 6 6 5 6 = 57 damage.]
    Last edited by ark7; 2009-11-22 at 05:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

THE PINKIE IS MIIIINNEE!!!!!!!!!