New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Underdark, Terror of Lowerdark [3.5e FR, providing the lore]

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, been neglecting my games lately.

"Very well. Stay close." Sereld says, simply.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

2. - Top - End - #242

[So, is this still alive? I would assume most everyone has finished up with their holiday obligations and such by now. I hope so, I was rather enjoying it.]
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Halfling in the Playground

[I'm good to go =P]
    "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

End of Prologue; The Crossroads.

Everyone will receive 1.750xp and a permanent bonus of +1 to will. A permanent bonus of +3 to Hit Points.

Al'Hralirr: You receive 4.575xp (because you are more powerful than the rest).
    Halblion, Julius, Khazar and Sereld: You receive 6.200xp.
    Kez and [Last-Gnoll-Alive]: You receive 7.350xp (because they are less powerful than the rest).

[Last-Gnoll-Alive] made a level. He took Barbarian as his level.

[Part 1 will come right away. Just wanted to reward everyone first.]
    EDIT: [Update your sheets people, some things out there make it worth knowing how much xp you got].
    Last edited by BavetteOfAgony; 2010-01-06 at 08:32 PM.
    Dustcraft

Spoiler
    Show

Burn the heretics.

Campaigns
    Underdark, Terror of the Lowerdark.

Characters
    Alinnamara
    Pedro
    Adam

Amazing Archangel avatar by Potatocubed

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Part 1; The Dark Below, Below.

There is, somewhere, a fair world where the weak is protected from the evil by the strong. A world when one can live accordingly to his desires and dreams. That world is not this, not right here, not right now. This world is a world of darkness, of lifeless and cold rock, of death without recognition, of endings. Don't be mad at me. You wouldn't kill the messenger, would you?
    You would.

As that thought is not of anyone that travels with the party through Earthroot, the thought itself remains somewhere beyond the laws of possibilities and things that 'should-not-be', like our old Artificer. It's just an annoyance that no ones perceive and is stupidly easy to ignore.

Let's forget that and give a little jump to the left. Through the time warp, let's go forward and meet with our party as they make camp in the middle of a dark place... That being a place as good as anywhere else.

Knowledge (Underdark) DC 25
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no wind, seasons, night/day, or whatever method one could use to tell time rather than divination magic, and even that is a bit 'off'.

The party, seeing no other option after walking for a long, long time, decided to make camp and re-evaluate their options. This part of the Underdark was unknown to both Confessor Halblion and the Ghost Paladin Julius, as it was to the Illithid and the Drow companion of the Red Wizard. Gan, the beholder, decided that his hoard wasn't getting any bigger and shut himself from everyone besides Khazar, any attempt to communicate with the thing led to frustration.

With the camp all set you notice, besides Halblion and Julius, a thin hunger fills your empty bellies. To most of you its not a problem, but both Al'Hralirr and the carnivore Gnoll are getting somewhat restless around the party...

[Ghreiz, a new character, will join shortly after the resolution of the feeding problem. Be ready Ghreiz. And the others, work something between you...]
    Dustcraft

Spoiler
    Show

Burn the heretics.

Campaigns

Characters
    Alinnamara
    Pedro
    Adam

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

After hours of silence Al'Hralirr speaks "I need to find a source of food soon, or else I will be crippled for a long time. Whose gnoll servant is it?" Al'Hralirr asks as he looks over at the gnoll with a certain look in his cold white eyes

7. - Top - End - #247

Sereld rummages through her bag, finally producing a small rectangular object, wrapped in thin paper. Opening it in one swift movement with a nail, she reveals a tightly packed biscuit-like object, reminiscient of hard tack. Her Simulacrum, not needing to eat, carried an identical package of the tasteless, but filling objects on it's person. She silently began to eat the small bar, giving the plight of the carnivorous members of the group a look of polite interest.

Spoiler
    Show

Apologies for delay, since my computer's power source stuffed up, I haven't been able to access my email, and hence game updates.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

[No need to hurry, I know how vacations are. I am having a hard time with updates myself.]

@Al'Hralirr: The Gnoll cower in fear as your ethereal voice carries the feeling of hunger to his very heart, chilling his spine. With a bark the creature looks baffled and go hide behind the Drow Kez.

The cold hearted gaze of disapproval she bestowed on him had shown her total disapproval toward his attitude. "You worthless and weak beast" she says, and turn her scorn back at your blank eyes. "You will not touch the beast, monster. He's a property that don't belong to you."

@Sereld: Your companion appears different from before. His actions alone can tell something is amiss, but you can't place it. [Sense Motive, Roll 18]

It appears eager to tell you what transpired in the tomb of the black obelisk.
    Dustcraft

Spoiler
    Show

Burn the heretics.

Campaigns

Characters
    Alinnamara
    Pedro
    Adam

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Haha, you drow are all so predictable, did you not know that property does not exist in the lowerdark? Are you completely ignorant of the laws of nature? How do you intend to stop me if I were to devour both you and your servant? It is certainly not within your power to stop me. Pitiful as you are, your race rest in the cradle of arrogance, arrogant enough to think that you can stop the Illithids from taking over, but oh how wrong you are, we are destined to rule the world and I can show you thing that would leave you broken and cry for your misstress little drow, but if you wish to challenge me, feel free. I will accept knowing it will be your doom, for you cant stop the Illithid, noone can. Dark Elf scum" Al'Hralirr bellows at the drow

10. - Top - End - #250

Sereld merely raises an eyebrow to the shouting Illithid. It appears men are the same even amongst the mind-flayers. Typical. Well; if they even have men. Ignoring the two under-dark dwellers, Sereld turns to her Simulacrum. "Well... I am curious. Tell me what happened, earlier."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Al'Hralirr: "Oh, you-" before the drow Kez could exchange a few curse words with the overconfident Illithid, she was silenced by the eye orb, Gan, his thoughts probing deep in your heads.

"Both of you, stop with it. We are not in position to fight each other. Come, mind flayer, come with me to find you and me a descent raw meal." With a nod to his wizard, Gan hovers toward the Illithid.

@Sereld: "Yes. I wanted to tell you earlier but that place was... allien beyond my taste." It was being extremely talkative there, but it wouldn't count as the strangest thing to happen in the day.
    "You see, mistress, when the daemon tried to kill me I was transported to another place. The thing had hurt my form, badly, but that thing cured me with a single touch. While I was there it told me many things, and I saw many more, that made me ponder. He said it was Incognito, the place, and I feel like something happened to me. I don't know what but I feel joy. I feel..." His voice lingered as his eyes unfocused, his mind far away on memories or dreams, thoughts or ideas, you cannot place.
    Dustcraft

Spoiler
    Show

Burn the heretics.

Campaigns

Characters
    Alinnamara
    Pedro
    Adam

12. - Top - End - #252

Lingering a short distance behind the party (since eventual attacks were almost certain to come from behind in this dark place), Julius watches the verbal exchanges indifferently. It's not like he was bound to protect a savage gnoll of all things. However, something had been bothering him for quite a while now.

"Many hours have passed, and yet I feel I know no more about you than I knew when we first met. So I ask: What has motivated you to come to this place of boundless darkness?" The paladin is not directing his question at anyone specifically, but rather at the group as a whole.
    Last edited by ark7; 2010-01-17 at 06:23 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes, perhaps you are right, this dark elf is not worth my time, let us go find some nourishment" Al'Hralirr scowls, emphazising the words: Dark Elf

14. - Top - End - #254

"I see. Think on it, and tell me if anything else useful occurs to you." Incognito. Hmm. She glances at the warrior for a brief moment. "My reasons are my own, and I would have it kept that way." She replied, slightly harshly.

15. - Top - End - #255

*sigh* "Yes, yes, whatever... I'm sure you can survive alone anyway and I'm just an utility item. In fact, think of me as a floating torch..." Julius retorts tired, all the more teasing because he didn't mean it so.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Seems like our dear DM has disappeared from the face of GitP, judging by his last activity

17. - Top - End - #257

Spoiler
    Show

Yesterday? I still talk to him on MSN sometimes, I think he mentioned moving or something. I've been caught up with some last uni stuff, books and such.