New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Well That Was Unexpected Thread II: Now with 230% more lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Specifically the terminust est, a death guard vessel. This doesn't stop Dorn from being killed on the sword of sacrilege, which is specifically mentioned to be a despoiler class battleship despite the fact that the design (which is distinctly different from the Terminust est) will not be made for another 5k years. Of course this is almost certainly GW not reading their own fluff, but its just more fun to assume its some sort of conspiracy.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    Specifically the terminust est, a death guard vessel. This doesn't stop Dorn from being killed on the sword of sacrilege, which is specifically mentioned to be a despoiler class battleship despite the fact that the design (which is distinctly different from the Terminust est) will not be made for another 5k years. Of course this is almost certainly GW not reading their own fluff, but its just more fun to assume its some sort of conspiracy.
    Alternatively, it was a design lost and rediscovered, hence the emphasis placed on your 'based on an older design'
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #1053

Alternatively, it was a design lost and rediscovered, hence the emphasis placed on your 'based on an older design'
    Execpt the Terminust est was a unique Dark age of Technology ship. And the Despoilers are cruder copies of an otherwise unique vessel.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Execpt the Terminust est was a unique Dark age of Technology ship. And the Despoilers are cruder copies of an otherwise unique vessel.
    Right. So they didn't design it, they copied an older design.

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #1055

Right. So they didn't design it, they copied an older design.
    Right, but the older design was of a unique ship, not a whole class. Which brings us back to the fact that dorn was killed on a type of ship that wasn't invented yet.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Right, but the older design was of a unique ship, not a whole class. Which brings us back to the fact that dorn was killed on a type of ship that wasn't invented yet.
    So? They mass-produced a ship, that doesn't mean they designed it. Moreover, the ship was an older design, which means that it had already been invented by that point.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-19 at 08:21 AM.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Barbarian in the Playground

I wish I hadn't discovered WH40K so late in my life, where getting into it wouldn't consume so much of my time. Ever since, I've always liked the setup, and really liked most of the stories I've been told. And of course, the few matches of the games I've witnessed were really appealing to me.

Maybe one day I will find time, although I doubt it. But until then, please, proceed. I may not get it 100%, but I enjoy the topic nonetheless.

Anyways, is that the end of the question to the custodes or are you working on part three? By the end of it, this strip gave me both feelings of conclusion and "there's still more".
    And let it be noted that I have no preference.
    Last edited by Keios; 2012-08-19 at 08:42 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay, let me make one thing clear:
    THEY'RE IMPERIAL FISTS!!
    The similar color schemes is entirely unintentional and I only noticed it after the comic was posted. But seriously, if they were angry marines you'd see more angry insignias and fewer Imperial Fists insignias.

And for the record, there's not gonna be an Ask the Custodes 4 pt 3. The question is answered. Though if any glimpses into the world of my 40k headcanon fascinates you, feel free to ask away

Comic 542

Also, I still haven't gotten that avatar request PM

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Okay, let me make one thing clear:
    THEY'RE IMPERIAL FISTS!!
    The similar color schemes is entirely unintentional and I only noticed it after the comic was posted. But seriously, if they were angry marines you'd see more angry insignias and fewer Imperial Fists insignias.
    I'd still like to know what the hell THAT PICTURE IS OF! *twitch* PLEASE!!!!!

Comic 542

Also, I still haven't gotten that avatar request PM

Er... I haven't sent it. I'm still trying to decide which idea to send Also whether I should do a custom Mareine chapter from the ponyhammer fics i'm drafting or just ask for a blood angel...

Comment: I love your custodes. Seriously.

Also: the first guy to worship the Emperor as his god was actually a guy on Terra with a case of mistaken identity. He walked into the last church on earth as it burned to the ground shortly after being led out of it by Empy, after finding out that he'd thought the Emperor was his god and falling into despair.

I'll admit, that was BEFORE the Great Crusade. The Legio Custodes might not even have existed yet =/
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-19 at 11:03 PM.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #1060

I'm looking forward to what may be a one-panel-only fight where Lahvin kicks Major's ass.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

I like how you mix canon WH40K with the ridiculousness of WTWU =3 it's awesome. 'Purge the alien' really was established AFTER the human race realized that pretty much every alien race they met was hostile.

Speaking of awesome, my avy.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #1062

The events of the Great Crusade before the recovery of Horus are pretty vague, with several notable exceptions. As a result it's pretty much an open license for anyone to do anything. Hence, i'm making it canon (well fanon) that the Imperium's xenophobia is a result of, as you said, every encountered alien race being suicidally hostile.

And yes, the over-the-topedness of the regular sci-fantasy WTwU universe flows seamlessly with the over-the-topedness of 40k. It's perfect.
    And HERE'S what that picture on the Imperial Fists (not Angry Marines) ship was of.

And enough text. Comic 543 nao!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-08-22 at 08:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

I was under the impression that Xenos hostility was one of those points. The only other two I can think of off the top of my head (assuming the crusade starts when Empy first leaves earth) is in the novel mechanicum:
    Spoiler
    Show
    the moment he arrives on Mars and that Chaos vault business

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

The events of the Great Crusade before the recovery of Horus are pretty vague, with several notable exceptions. As a result it's pretty much an open license for anyone to do anything. Hence, i'm making it canon (well fanon) that the Imperium's xenophobia is a result of, as you said, every encountered alien race being suicidally hostile.

And yes, the over-the-topedness of the regular sci-fantasy WTwU universe flows seamlessly with the over-the-topedness of 40k. It's perfect.
    And HERE'S what that picture on the Imperial Fists (not Angry Marines) ship was of.

And enough text. Comic 543 nao!

Well, I have heard that moving faster than the sound-barrier unprotected will seriously screw you over, but I think powers is tougher than that.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

15. - Top - End - #1065

"Who do think you're fighting, a primarch?" Is, even to someone with not much reading put into WH40K as me, a really badass one-line.

Comic apart, I have a question: when does the story and universe of WH40K get expanded? Is it with each edition? Or are those purely game mechanics, and there are separate books for that?

16. - Top - End - #1066

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    "Who do think you're fighting, a primarch?" Is, even to someone with not much reading put into WH40K as me, a really badass one-line.

Comic apart, I have a question: when does the story and universe of WH40K get expanded? Is it with each edition? Or are those purely game mechanics, and there are separate books for that?
    First rule of 40k: status quo is god. GW will never advance the plot.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Custodes are supposed to be mini-primarchs, right? ie, weaker than primarchs?
    Indeed... and personally i find that sad. I've seen fanworks that pull of some really interesting stuff with a post-13th Black Crusade universe... and at least some of the Black Library stuff takes place in/is told from a 42nd+ millenium perspective...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-23 at 10:08 AM.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Indeed... and personally i find that sad. I've seen fanworks that pull of some really interesting stuff with a post-13th Black Crusade universe... and at least some of the Black Library stuff takes place in/is told from a 42nd+ millenium perspective...
    To be honest I've never read any of these fanworks. Then again I have an aversion to most fanfics.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-23 at 10:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    To be honest I've never read any of these fanworks. Then again I have an aversion to most fanfics.
    The short of it: The Space wolves form their own protectorate with one company per planet, the death corps of Krieg have every last system around them except for mother krieg taken by a Khornate champion and then take it (and more) BACK, the Tau become Eldar.2, running across the galaxy from the Tyranids and never stopping, the Eldar bring their craftworlds together, Slaanesh is killed by the Harlequins, and then the Eldar race as a whole reform a galaxy-spanning empire, a microcosm of the imperium called the formosa imperium forms around Inquisitor Coteaz, Ultramar loses most of it's heroes but manages to push back the Tyranids... and I don't think anything else has been covered by the fanfic as of yet (though it does mention something called the Dornian bulwark)

Oh, and the precursor to all of this is that the Emperor dies and the Astronomicon is snuffed out. (It's hinted that this has something to do with the Fallen)
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-23 at 10:36 AM.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #1070

Custodes are supposed to be mini-primarchs, right? ie, weaker than primarchs?
    As I understood it, I thought the custode was saying "Fighting me like I'm a Primarch won't be enough", hinting he's more powerful awesome. But that might not have been Rand's intention.
    Also, yeah, they should be weaker, now that I've wiki-read a little more on both.

I don't think I quite understand. Are you saying they are so comfortable and satisfied with what they've done, they won't risk/don't want to expand it?

On another note, if it's WH40K, and the plot is currently (unless I'm mistaken) in the 41st millennium, didn't they advance the plot alredy?
    And how long has it been since then?

21. - Top - End - #1071

The current date in 40k canon is, if i'm not mistaken, 40,999. It's the 41st millenium in the same way it's the 21st century today even though the year is 2012.
    The plot hasn't advanced. In some cases it's actually regressed. For example they ret-conned the 13th Black Crusade from being "Imperials Win" to "Ongoing" (even so, the Imperials have Creed. It's pretty freakin' obvious who's gonna win.) Fans like myself tend to take it upon themselves to advance the plot, however this usually ends up skewering the canon in absolutely horrifying (and monstrously beautiful) ways. Ask the Custodes, and by extension WTwU takes place in the year 41,396, so i've taken it upon myself to advance the plot.

And yes. Custodes are Mini-Primarchs.
    Or maybe the Primarchs are Macro-Custodes
    Bottom Line: Grey Knights are NOT mini-primarchs. They are to the Emperor what the Raven Guard is to Corax.

ANYWAYS...
    Comic 544

Speaking of mini-primarchs, AtC 5 is next. Again, if you want to ask the Chaos Champions a question, do it nao. Up first will be Lucius the Bailed-Out.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-08-27 at 11:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

For any of them: What's it like to be as skilled as you are ugly?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-27 at 07:51 AM.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #1073

Wow, my brain seriously malfunctioned at the time of that comment. That is the oldest mistake in the book.

Go Lahvin! Kill him into unconsciousness!

To Lucius: Who would you kill a second time if you had the chance to?

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

The current date in 40k canon is, if i'm not mistaken, 40,999. It's the 41st millenium in the same way it's the 21st century today even though the year is 2012.
    The plot hasn't advanced. In some cases it's actually regressed. For example they ret-conned the 13th Black Crusade from being "Imperials Win" to "Ongoing" (even so, the Imperials have Creed. It's pretty freakin' obvious who's gonna win.) Fans like myself tend to take it upon themselves to advance the plot, however this usually ends up skewering the canon in absolutely horrifying (and monstrously beautiful) ways. Ask the Custodes, and by extension WTwU takes place in the year 41,396, so i've taken it upon myself to advance the plot.

And yes. Custodes are Mini-Primarchs.
    Or maybe the Primarchs are Macro-Custodes
    Bottom Line: Grey Knights are NOT mini-primarchs. They are to the Emperor what the Raven Guard is to Corax.

ANYWAYS...
    Comic 544

Speaking of mini-primarchs, AtC 5 is next. Again, if you want to ask the Chaos Champions a question, do it nao. Up first will be Lucius the Bailed-Out.

So, the shiny red badge is their weak point, huh?
    Or is powers just that hateful/self righteous?
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

25. - Top - End - #1075

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    So, the shiny red badge is their weak point, huh?
    Or is powers just that hateful/self righteous?
    Well, the chainsword DID get penetration to the left of the red thingie...you come to your own conclusions.

Ask The Custodes 5: Staff Sargent

AtC 6 will be coming up soon so post questions to Lucius the Eternal Bailed-Out now. Also, ready questions for Typhus the Traveler.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2012-09-01 at 12:39 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1076

This does not bode well for Custodian Lahvin.

I really wanted to see Powers to find his ability not good enough.

On another note, YAY for science. One day we'll have such glaives...

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Alrighty, so I'm short on ideas to ask Lucius the Bailed-Out, so I have a better one to ask Typhus. What materials were used to create the ship that he 'lives' in and how is it maintained by Nurgle and his followers?

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Well, the chainsword DID get penetration to the left of the red thingie...you come to your own conclusions.

Ask The Custodes 5: Staff Sargent

AtC 6 will be coming up soon so post questions to Lucius the Eternal Bailed-Out now. Also, ready questions for Typhus the Traveler.

Lucius: The thought occurs that 'the Eternal' isn't a good name for a dead guy. What would you want people to call you if you died? (And I mean GENUINELY died, not died-until-i-regrew-out-of-somebody-else)

Typhus: I know why Ahriman, Lucius and Kharn have their respective epitaphs but why are you called 'the traveller'?

Kharn: KILLMAIMBURNCRAPPISSEATFLESHBETRAYMURDER: (Translation: How do you conjugate the past and/or future tense when speaking Psychotic?)

Ahriman: 1) Was the flesh-change caused intentionally by actual demonic entities, or pure warp energies?
    2) Why do they call it the black library as opposed to, say, the forbidden library or the cosmic library?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-07 at 07:13 PM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #1079

Ahriman: turns out the Emprah wanted you and your legion taken to Terra all nonviolent-like but Horus changed the order for Russ to "kill them all". Does that ever make you question your decision to ultimately side with Horus during the Heresy?

30. - Top - End - #1080

Do keep 'em coming

Comic 545 is up